The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does the chapter Collection package work for existing players?

jaekobcaed
jaekobcaed
✭✭✭
After the showcase for Gold Road today, I'm convinced I have to figure out a way to buy the new chapter. However, since I've skipped the past three chapters, it'd be more affordable for me to grab the Collection, as opposed to buying Blackwood, High Isle, Necrom and Gold Road separately.

I already play on PC (from a retail copy, non-Steam/Epic) and I already have all of the chapters up to, and including, Greymoor. Would I be able to purchase the Collection on this account and end up with the chapters I've missed, or would I have to start a new account to go that route?

I'm hoping it'll work since I'd love to play Blackwood, High Isle and Necrom as well as Gold Road. However, if this wouldn't work, there's no telling how long it'll be before I play those chapters since I'm pretty short on cash to spare at the moment (so I can't get ESO Plus either). Thanks in advance for any replies.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 7, 2024 6:09PM
Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
[PC/NA]
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK the Upgrade versions (does not include previous chapters) work on existing accounts.

The Full collection, normal or deluxe, that includes all previous existing chapters is creating new accounts, they can't be used to apply to an existing account.

The alternative way to get past chapters is to buy Crowns while at a discount 40% off the biggest pack from $150 to $90 for 21,000 crowns, then wait for the crown DLC upgrades at 33% discount from 3500 to 2100 crowns.
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK the Upgrade versions (does not include previous chapters) work on existing accounts.

The Full collection, normal or deluxe, that includes all previous existing chapters is creating new accounts, they can't be used to apply to an existing account.

The alternative way to get past chapters is to buy Crowns while at a discount 40% off the biggest pack from $150 to $90 for 21,000 crowns, then wait for the crown DLC upgrades at 33% discount from 3500 to 2100 crowns.

Hmm thanks for your reply, I was afraid of that. The Crowns idea would work if not for the fact that I'm really short on cash due to how I have to save money for career-related stuff. If I did go that route, I'd probably just grab ESO Plus, to be honest, because in time, it'd give me the crowns I need for a permanent unlock of all the chapters I missed, maybe even the story DLCs I don't have. I'm not really into the dungeon DLCs all that much so it doesn't bother me to miss a few.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, If you already own ESO and you buy the Collection, you DO get all the prior Chapters as well to your account.

ESO owners can buy the Collection and get all the items from it. The Deluxe edition still adds all the previous years' Deluxe bonuses—any that you don't have.

It just adds everything in the bundle to your account—if there's some overlap, it just gives you the rest.

I've gifted the Collection to ESO basegame owners before, so I know this is how it works, unless it's changed. Plus, if it didn't work like this, the website would probably let you know when you tried to purchase it, because that would be a refund fiasco over and over.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the official article:

If you’re a fresh-faced adventurer and new to the grand world of Tamriel, or if you’ve missed some of the previous Chapters and want access to them all, then the Collection edition may be just what you need! In addition to receiving access to the base game and Gold Road, you can also experience each of the seven previous ESO Chapters in whichever order you deem fit. Hundreds of hours of exciting exploration, daring quests, and thrilling adventure await!

For me it means that you can buy a Collection edition and use it on your existing account. So if you miss some of the previous chapters, you're gonna get access to them immediately after buying the Collection edition for your existing account (and to High Road on launch).

We can ask @ZOS_Kevin to confirm if that is true.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i bought the Blackwood upgrade in 2021 and the High isle collection in 2022, it was all fine
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. The full collections have always been usable on new or existing accounts.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for all the info! Looks like I'll be able to get all the chapters after all, feeling a lot happier about this now. Thanks again! :smile:
    [PC/NA]
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate all the help that has been provided to the OP. As the Chapter purchase question has been answered, this thread will be closed going forward. For anyone else needing information regarding Gold Road please see our FAQ below.

What editions are available for The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.