Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf assassins will

Overamera
Overamera
✭✭✭✭
Nerf assassins will. If you dont wear rallying cry you getting 20k bows on you.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish all comments showed the amount of hours the commenter has spent playing each class in pvp. I feel like that would illuminate a lot of things.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only nerf NB needs right now is to have reveal skills work and apply stealth prevention properly. As for spectral, it needs projectile speed increase.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish all comments showed the amount of hours the commenter has spent playing each class in pvp. I feel like that would illuminate a lot of things.

Imagine thinking reaching 20k bows is balanced.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the issue with NB's is that their defensive kit is WAY too good for a class than can turn invisible on demand and has the burst potential they have. Their combo SHOULD hit hard but that should come at the expense of survivability and right now that just isn't the case.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on February 6, 2023 4:48PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill was already nerfed back in the day. They have reduced its projectile speed. Now dodging this skill is easier then ever. No need for additional nerf.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassin’s Will is only irritating due to horrible game desync that prevents roll dodging after Incap.

Shadowy Disguise should have a stacking cost like Streak and the new Mist Form if you want to talk about nerfs, that and a hit to it’s burst heal Healthy Offering is more than warranted.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on February 6, 2023 4:56PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overamera wrote: »

If it didn't hit that hard NB's would not kill anyone. Their combo hits like a truck but it also gets dodged/blocked AT LEAST half the time. And NB's can't keep up sustained pressure the way other classes can. If the target doesn't die then they just have to retreat and try again later.

Nightblade is the class of "make it count". You have this super powerful combo but it's difficult to land. And if you miss, the opportunity is gone and you likely won't get the kill.

I think most people who have spent a lot of time on NB realize that it isn't nearly as easy as it looks when you're on the receiving end.

If assassins will is nerfed then the class will need some other offensive buffs to compensate. Imo the better approach is to nerf NB's survivability so that they have to sacrifice damage if they want that survivability back.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find some of this reasoning outdated and, well, wrong. NBs aren't the only class that has their combo miss sometimes. You think people don't roll dodge sorc combos? Avoid warden beetles? Block Dleaps and run away from Corrosives? Shuffle through jabs? Block-heal JBeams?

But sure, the class that can go invisible at will NEEDs to hit for 20+k.

• Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭

If it didn't hit that hard NB's would not kill anyone. Their combo hits like a truck but it also gets dodged/blocked AT LEAST half the time. And NB's can't keep up sustained pressure the way other classes can. If the target doesn't die then they just have to retreat and try again later.

Nightblade is the class of "make it count". You have this super powerful combo but it's difficult to land. And if you miss, the opportunity is gone and you likely won't get the kill.

I think most people who have spent a lot of time on NB realize that it isn't nearly as easy as it looks when you're on the receiving end.

If assassins will is nerfed then the class will need some other offensive buffs to compensate. Imo the better approach is to nerf NB's survivability so that they have to sacrifice damage if they want that survivability back.

Yes, I would rather they get other offensive buffs and assassins will nerfed. But having one spell hit for so much isn't balanced imo. Same with templar which is just a beam bot now, id rather they get other spells buffed and beam nerfed. It might be easy to dodge but all it takes is for it to hit once and if you dont wear rallying you are done for. Forcing everyone to wear the same set. Other classes can run the same setup as nb but wont even be close to hitting 20k with just one spell.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

Exactly! I feel the same way :)
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious how much have you played a NB in pvp?
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find some of this reasoning outdated and, well, wrong. NBs aren't the only class that has their combo miss sometimes. You think people don't roll dodge sorc combos? Avoid warden beetles? Block Dleaps and run away from Corrosives? Shuffle through jabs? Block-heal JBeams?

Excatly all classes can be avoided somehow, msorc combo is dodgeable and its nowehere near as strong as nb burst plus they cant run rallying and still have big shields.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭

No wonder you think it's balanced if you are asking this question.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excatly all classes can be avoided somehow, msorc combo is dodgeable and its nowehere near as strong as nb burst plus they cant run rallying and still have big shields.

But not all classes are punished as harshly for missing.

Magsorc casts curse/fury/frags. You dodged? Okay I'll just keep casting curse/fury/frags over and over until it all lands. Activate overload for good measure.

You dodge my DK Molten Whip? Thankfully the fully-charged whip doesn't get consumed until it actually hits someone. So I can just keep spamming it until you stop dodging. All the while of course you will have some really nasty dots eating away at you. Delayed burst with Inhale, etc.

If you dodge a NB's combo.. they're done. They can't just keep spamming until it hits you because that's not how it works. It takes a while to build the combo back up and by that time the opponent is fully recovered. Nightblades have to "make it count" more than any other class. If we want to take some power away from Assassin's Will and give that power to Incap i could be on board for that. But that's the only way.

edited for grammar and typos
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on February 7, 2023 5:35PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No wonder you think it's balanced if you are asking this question.

I play all classes equally so I have a fairly decent basis for comparison. NB is not my main. Probably my 4th best class tbh.
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭

A magsorc casts curse/fury/frags. You dodged? Okay I'll just keep casting curse/fury/frags over and over until it all lands. Activate overload for good measure.

You dodge my DK Molten Whip? Thankfully the fully-charged whip doesn't get consumed until it actually hits someone. So you can just keep spamming it until they stop dodging. All the while of course you will have some really nasty dots eating away at you. Delayed burst with Inhale, etc.

If you dodge a NB's combo.. they're done. They can't just keep spamming until it hits you because that's not how it works. It takes a while to build the combo back up and by the time the opponent is fully recovered. If we want to take some power away from Assassin's Will and give that power to Incap i could be on board for that. But that's the only way.

Just curious how much have you played a msorc in pvp?
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A magsorc casts curse/fury/frags. You dodged? Okay I'll just keep casting curse/fury/frags over and over until it all lands. Activate overload for good measure.

You dodge my DK Molten Whip? Thankfully the fully-charged whip doesn't get consumed until it actually hits someone. So you can just keep spamming it until they stop dodging. All the while of course you will have some really nasty dots eating away at you. Delayed burst with Inhale, etc.

If you dodge a NB's combo.. they're done. They can't just keep spamming until it hits you because that's not how it works. It takes a while to build the combo back up and by the time the opponent is fully recovered. If we want to take some power away from Assassin's Will and give that power to Incap i could be on board for that. But that's the only way.

Just curious how much have you played a msorc in pvp?

A LOT
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are comparing magsorcs whole combo to one spell from nb that activates after 5 light attacks. No point arguing with you
    Edited by Overamera on February 6, 2023 6:37PM
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even then you would need 500 overload to kill any good player
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are comparing magsorcs whole combo to one spell from nb that activates after 5 light attacks. No point arguing with you

That's how you have to make the comparison. You can't just compare one skill. You have the compare the entire class's toolkit to the toolkits of other classes. NB's combo consists of two abilities, one of which is an ultimate. They have to hit hard or the class just won't work without major reworks.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you hit someone with a curse/fury/frags combo with Overload active and they don't die.. you're not gonna be able to kill them with Assassin's Will either.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you hit someone with a curse/fury/frags combo with Overload active and they don't die.. you're not gonna be able to kill them with Assassin's Will either.

[snip]

One hit from overload + 1 Frag is the same damage as Assassin's Will and that's not even counting Curse + Fury. And on top of that if you miss you can just keep spamming it.

I'm speaking from first-hand experience. PVP is all I do in this game. I've been playing since 2016 and I am proficient at all classes. My Sorc gets WAY more kills than my NB.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 6, 2023 7:40PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda crazy it hits.

I've been hitting bombs on people with a fairly rounded build and not crazy invested into damage.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary baiting in addition to some back and forth from this thread.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question. How on earth did you managed to get hit by NB bow proc for 20K ? I find it hard to believe.

20K damage in PvP means that it not only would have to be a critical hit, but also that NB would need to have maxed out penetration, or you did not had armour at all.

But... if you go for insanely high pen, then you can not max out damage for the tooltip to be that big. There is also critical resistance that is insanely good defensive stat, but you can technically stack some critical damage bonus so it can technically overcome critical resistance... but it is just too much stats to build for.

The only way to hit some one that hard is to ignore penetration and use Onslaught ulti 1st as an opener and then you have 5 second burst window with maxed penetration.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 6, 2023 7:58PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question. How on earth did you managed to get hit by NB bow proc for 20K ? I find it hard to believe.

20K damage in PvP means that it not only would have to be a critical hit, but also that NB would need to have maxed out penetration, or you did not had armour at all.

But... if you go for insanely high pen, then you can not max out damage for the tooltip to be that big. There is also critical resistance that is insanely good defensive stat, but you can technically stack some critical damage bonus so it can technically overcome the critical resistance... but it is just too much stats to build for.

The only way to hit some one that hard is to ignore penetration and use Onslaught ulti 1st as an opener and then you have 5 second burst window with maxed penetration.

It definitely happens. Extremely high crit damage is how most NB's manage to do it.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only 20k? Must have been No CP.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 6, 2023 8:29PM
    PC NA
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf assassins will.

No.
    PC-EU
  • MurkyWetWolf198
    MurkyWetWolf198
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be that guy, but a nerf to assassins will would a big hit to PvE. Nightblades are in a pretty solid position right now, and a lot of people have started playing the class for high-end PvE content. A hit to the blade's most powerful tool, maybe besides Incap/Soul Harvest, would really suck, this game already has enough issues with DPS loss from recent patches.

Honestly, the best solution I can think of is to make the buff from Concealed count as Major Berserk, so it can't stack with stuff like Sea-Serpent's (Hence nerfing the total damage done by 10%). It would remove synergy with the set Kinras for PvE, but Pillar is already better usually. After that, increasing all player's base-critical resistance would be quite beneficial, or just giving more classes access to a crit resistance buff.

I am tired of all of the nerfs to classes, why don't we counter Nightblade's power by buffing other classes to fight back?
  • Ecgberht_confused
    Ecgberht_confused
    ✭✭✭
    Please do NOT nerf assassin's will. It's already not very easy to land plus it requires It's own mini game that requires nursing. NB is in a good place right now and I wouldn't want to see it nerfed, and I say this as a sorc main. However I would love to see some of NB heals copied to Sorcs 😜