Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Happened to Whitestrake's Mayhem?

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the first Whitestrake event of the year really ought to be mid-February. Make it a St Valentine's Day Massacre :-)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm the event graphic that was shown during yesterday's Global Reveal is accurate and the most up-to-date. We'll have more information about all this very soon, but in the meantime, please know there will still be a Whitestrake's Mayhem event scheduled in the future.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure that this has to do with getting the EU hardware upgrade in place before putting a ton of strain on Cyrodiil - and we totally understand if that's the case. But this is still devastating to hear.

But if it were about the server upgrade, which has been planned for a long time now, why did they show Midyear on the schedule just the other week? Unless there was a change to the schedule for the server upgrade, it doesn't make sense to promise an event and then postpone it indefinitely for something that was already known many months ago.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it's maintenance mode, but together with Q3 and Q4 content format changes it looks a flocking lot like maintenance mode
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So are the PvP events slowly being phased out? They becoming a once a year thing? Is the headache of constantly trying to balance with PvP in mind and fixing Cyrodiil server performance just not worth it anymore?
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they’ll make it may and November. Both of those months were empty last year
  • Nyxenwhite
    Nyxenwhite
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin can we please get a reason why it was reported-even vaguely?
    Such as “we want to make sure the hardware is updated”. The community would be much more understanding and receptive.
    “There will be one the future” is as promising as “the sun will explode in the future” and gets people thinking it’s again canceled and angry.
    PVP playerbase is in a fragile state, any sort of an answer would go a long way.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good meme.
  • SlagasaurusRex
    SlagasaurusRex
    Soul Shriven
    We can confirm the event graphic that was shown during yesterday's Global Reveal is accurate and the most up-to-date. We'll have more information about all this very soon, but in the meantime, please know there will still be a Whitestrake's Mayhem event scheduled in the future.

Thank you Gina for the updated information. While naturally, we are all deeply frustrated, the effort on your part does not go unnoticed and is deeply appreciated.

That said, all I can say at this point is that we're deeply troubled by the implications of a second event cancellation. It is genuinely heartbreaking to see a vertical of the game that is so unique and rewarding slowly crumble away before our eyes without even a hint of acknowledgement from the developer team. I only hope that the course will be reversed.
    We do a little PvPing.
    "Do you mean, where were the Khajiit when the Dragon Broke? R'leyt tells you where: recording it. 'One thousand eight years,' you've heard it. You think the Cyro-Nordics came up with that all on their own. You humans are better thieves than even Rajhin! While you were fighting wars with phantoms and giving birth to your own fathers, it was the Mane that watched the ja-Kha'jay, because the moons were the only constant, and you didn't have the sugar to see it. We'll give you credit: you broke Alkosh something fierce, and that's not easy. Just don't think you solved what you accomplished by it, or can ever solve it. You did it again with Big Walker, not once, but twice! Once at Rimmen, which we'll never learn to live with. The second time it was in Daggerfall, or was it Sentinel, or was it Wayrest, or was it in all three places at once? Get me, Cyrodiil? When will you wake up and realize what really happened to the Dwarves?"
  • EmilyElizabethESO
    EmilyElizabethESO
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not have any knee jerk reactions and go off the deep end
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »

Wow, that is crushing to hear. This is the second PVP event in a row now that has been cancelled or postponed.

Is there any word on whether double telvar will make a return as part of whitestrake's/midyear, like Kevin mentioned in another thread?

Have you considered doing weekend double tel var events, like the battlegrounds ones?

It feels like zenimax doesn't even want to acknowledge pvp these days, despite citing "the best open world pvp experience arouns" during their global reveal. We aren't even getting the bare minimum anymore.

Calling this now, @React
    They aren't going to do mym twice a year anymore. It is just going to be once a year. And the ic event won't make a return.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course it is
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why don't you guys just sell the PvP rights to the game to a company that will fix all the bugs and add new and interesting features to it? It's a shame to see it being neglected and phased out like this.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Thanks for the update. I'm sure that this has to do with getting the EU hardware upgrade in place before putting a ton of strain on Cyrodiil - and we totally understand if that's the case. But this is still devastating to hear.

But if it were about the server upgrade, which has been planned for a long time now, why did they show Midyear on the schedule just the other week? Unless there was a change to the schedule for the server upgrade, it doesn't make sense to promise an event and then postpone it indefinitely for something that was already known many months ago.

They've never let maintenance determine the scheduling of any events for the past eight years, I don't see why they would start now. And speaking as someone who has played MYM and WM on both the old and new PC/NA servers, I can tell you that there's really no difference. The same bugs, lag, and crashes are in place as before. The only noticeable difference in the servers has been slightly faster loading screens between zones.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SlagasaurusRex
    SlagasaurusRex
    Soul Shriven
    React wrote: »

Wow, that is crushing to hear. This is the second PVP event in a row now that has been cancelled or postponed.

Is there any word on whether double telvar will make a return as part of whitestrake's/midyear, like Kevin mentioned in another thread?

Have you considered doing weekend double tel var events, like the battlegrounds ones?

It feels like zenimax doesn't even want to acknowledge pvp these days, despite citing "the best open world pvp experience arouns" during their global reveal. We aren't even getting the bare minimum anymore.

Calling this now, @React
    They aren't going to do mym twice a year anymore. It is just going to be once a year. And the ic event won't make a return.

That would be heartbreaking for certain.
    We do a little PvPing.
    "Do you mean, where were the Khajiit when the Dragon Broke? R'leyt tells you where: recording it. 'One thousand eight years,' you've heard it. You think the Cyro-Nordics came up with that all on their own. You humans are better thieves than even Rajhin! While you were fighting wars with phantoms and giving birth to your own fathers, it was the Mane that watched the ja-Kha'jay, because the moons were the only constant, and you didn't have the sugar to see it. We'll give you credit: you broke Alkosh something fierce, and that's not easy. Just don't think you solved what you accomplished by it, or can ever solve it. You did it again with Big Walker, not once, but twice! Once at Rimmen, which we'll never learn to live with. The second time it was in Daggerfall, or was it Sentinel, or was it Wayrest, or was it in all three places at once? Get me, Cyrodiil? When will you wake up and realize what really happened to the Dwarves?"
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO PVP 2014-2023

The writing is on the wall. ZOS moved the patient to hospice back in 2021. Seems like the vultures are starting to circle in preparation for that imminent last breath.
  • GBllt
    GBllt
    ✭✭

Waiting this event since months for the alliance banner bearer shield and I was looking forward to having it soon
    Edited by GBllt on January 26, 2023 10:10PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very upsetting, not just the reschedule, but the fact that in the Global reveal the only mention of PvP was 'oh there's also PvP in the game btw' from the director. What was advertized as one of ESO's biggest and most exciting features at launch, is now reduced to this. Sad times.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a major let down. I was looking forwards to Mayhem just as much as I was the new expansion. I hope you guys realize what Mayhem means to many PVP players and don't plan on shelving it.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s a bummer but honestly it makes sense if they are still doing that massive foundational code rewrite and other things. Trust me, I doubt they want to continue to get massively crapped on for PvP. If anything they want to fix it as good as they can just to shut us up lol.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I’m pretty bummed. This was the main thing I was looking forward to other than all the new stuff.

However, I do not want to be super optimistic, but I bet at the very least they will share some news or explanation for why it’s canceled during the live stream tomorrow.

It’s one thing to cancel it, then acknowledge it on the forums, but if they have a live stream tomorrow and still don’t at least provide an explanation or excuse then that’s bad.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Calling this now, @React

Just to clarify, we are still having two. As Gina noted the event will happen at a later date. We are just clarifying details before sharing any additional information.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nyxenwhite
    Nyxenwhite
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Calling this now, @React

Just to clarify, we are still having two. As Gina noted the event will happen at a later date. We are just clarifying details before sharing any additional information.

Ey, awesome! Glad to hear. Thanks for the clarification!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Calling this now, @React

Thanks for the information, @ZOS_Kevin.
    So this means we will have another whitestrake event near the end of 2023?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    [snip]

This is such a selfish reply. As you can see in the responses, most of the PVP community is really enjoying the Mayhem events. It's only twice a year and all other events are focussed on PVE.

We are part of the community too. We deserve events focussed on our playstyle too.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 11:54AM
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should not be begging ZOS to eliminate PvP events from the game just because they don't like PvP.

Edited by ProudMary on January 27, 2023 2:09PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    [snip]

I'm sorry you don't like participating in PvP events (at least you don't have to, strictly speaking), but to delete an event that so many players are looking for, just because you don't feel like getting their tickets through it, is not a good take.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2023 11:55AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Way to hype an announcement day and find a way to not only disappoint, but to take it a step further going the other way
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on January 27, 2023 2:48PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to clarify that we are not cancelling Whitestrake's Mayhem, but we do need to postpone it. We're working on gathering all the relevant information as we speak so we have the most up-to-date information, and we'll provide an update with all the details as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying the confusion. I just wonder, how much more clear do you devs need your player base to make it for you that pvp is not only alive but in dire need of attention? And I do not say it in a negative manner, but think about what it means for so many out there interested in this side of the game to have the one thing which was originally the goal of the main story and which was the base of the whole game turned to a mere sigh from your part, while all the rest of it grows and improves by the year.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Figures that the one thing I look forward to, a PVP event is cancelled. I don't believe it will reappear for a while.

Exactly what info do they need to gather at this stage. Up to date information on what. Nothings changed in PVP that warrants a delay on these grounds.