The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What Happened to Whitestrake's Mayhem?

• SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figures that the one thing I look forward to, a PVP event is cancelled. I don't believe it will reappear for a while.

Exactly what info do they need to gather at this stage. Up to date information on what. Nothings changed in PVP that warrants a delay on these grounds.

Unfortunately when ZOS says "postponed until further notice", more often than not, that means cancelled forever. (especially with things PvP related) That's the problem. Who here still has hope that there is actually a base code rewrite going on to improve PvP performance after all this time with no comments from the dev team?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Unfortunately when ZOS says "postponed until further notice", more often than not, that means cancelled forever. (especially with things PvP related) That's the problem. Who here still has hope that there is actually a base code rewrite going on to improve PvP performance after all this time with no comments from the dev team?

To reiterate, Whitestrake's Mayhem is just being pushed to a later date and we will have two events this year. Not cancelled. On that note, I wanted to provide an update. Gina shared on ESO live that we will have more information on Monday on this. So please keep an eye out for that.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 27, 2023 9:58PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

To reiterate, Whitestrake's Mayhem is just being pushed to a later date and we will have two events this year. Not cancelled. On that note, I wanted to provide an update. Gina shared on ESO live that we will have more information on Monday on this. So please keep an eye out for that.

I wish I believed you.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that two Whitestrake's, or two events including double tel var Imperial City event? Will there be 2 Whitestrake's and a double tel var event happening like used to be usual?

It seems like the goal posts are being shifted for putting out fewer and fewer pvp events, which is pretty alarming and almost comical considering the insanely low amount of effort already put into that aspect of the game on your company's part.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I believed you.

I'm hopeful, but it does make it difficult considering other things that were promised, and ultimately cancelled.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mentioned something about an update next Monday on ESO Live.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Noddegamra
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Mayhem replaced with an event EVERYONE can enjoy. It's no fun when bullies people camp the spawn points and one-shot you before you can do anything, and all you want to do is get the ticket quest done and get out. Alternatively, provide a way to get the event tickets without PvP (and without real $$).
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noddegamra wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Mayhem replaced with an event EVERYONE can enjoy. It's no fun when bullies people camp the spawn points and one-shot you before you can do anything, and all you want to do is get the ticket quest done and get out. Alternatively, provide a way to get the event tickets without PvP (and without real $$).

That's curious. I've been playing ESO PvP for years, and I can't think of a single place where you can be spawn camped. And you can certainly do things to not get one shotted. Start with the Sea-Serpent's Coil and go from there.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Always such a mature mindset, I don't enjoy the one event that is given to the pvp community so we should change it to suit me.

Should I let this singular event continue on for these players even though I don't enjoy it? Should I perhaps learn this part of the game to expect something positive when going into it? Should I maybe just suck it up and get the tickets that are extremely easy to get even if you don't know how to pvp?

No, the game must be changed for me.
  • Noddegamra
    That's curious. I've been playing ESO PvP for years, and I can't think of a single place where you can be spawn camped. And you can certainly do things to not get one shotted. Start with the Sea-Serpent's Coil and go from there.

Everyone knows where the release point is in each area, and they just hang out and wait for you to jump down then pounce. OK, so it's not insta-gank but it might as well be, As for getting special equipment in order to survive a few more seconds, I neither time nor desire to farm the lead(s) necessary for an item I might use twice a year (and that affects other set bonuses as well). Appreciate the suggestion, though.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows where the release point is in each area, and they just hang out and wait for you to jump down then pounce. OK, so it's not insta-gank but it might as well be, As for getting special equipment in order to survive a few more seconds, I neither time nor desire to farm the lead(s) necessary for an item I might use twice a year (and that affects other set bonuses as well). Appreciate the suggestion, though.

Welcome to multiplayer games, if you're not willing to invest certain amounts of time to acquire/improve certain things, then there is certain forms of content dealing with other players that will be inaccessible to you.
  • Noddegamra
    Welcome to multiplayer games, if you're not willing to invest certain amounts of time to acquire/improve certain things, then there is certain forms of content dealing with other players that will be inaccessible to you.

That's just it. If there is no content that is "inaccessible" to people that like PvP, there should be no content that is "inaccessible" to those that don't. I just want to get the ticket quests done in a reasonable amount of time, and repeated deaths from players that can see from my actions (or lack thereof) that I'm not interested in fighting but one-shot me anyway prevents that from happening, as well as sucking any "fun" out of the event.

And so you know, I felt the same way about WoW, Black Desert, Star Wars:TOR, etc. At least WoW has PvP-optional servers where one can do any quest in the game without interference by other players.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's just it. If there is no content that is "inaccessible" to people that like PvP, there should be no content that is "inaccessible" to those that don't. I just want to get the ticket quests done in a reasonable amount of time, and repeated deaths from players that can see from my actions (or lack thereof) that I'm not interested in fighting but one-shot me anyway prevents that from happening, as well as sucking any "fun" out of the event.

Someone who only cares about PvP might make the same arguments when it comes to PvE events like Undaunted for example. They might have no interest in learning static boss mechanics and/or changing their entire build for the event. They might feel that experienced PvE players rushing through content they never bothered to master themselves are "sucking any fun out of the event", and consider them bullies for doing so. Both you and that hypothetical player have valid reasons to feel the way you do, but like it or not you're both playing the same game and you have to find a way to live with each other.

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only place I've ever seen spawn camping in PVP is in IC.
  • Noddegamra
    loosej wrote: »
    Someone who only cares about PvP might make the same arguments when it comes to PvE events like Undaunted for example. They might have no interest in learning static boss mechanics and/or changing their entire build for the event. They might feel that experienced PvE players rushing through content they never bothered to master themselves are "sucking any fun out of the event", and consider them bullies for doing so. Both you and that hypothetical player have valid reasons to feel the way you do, but like it or not you're both playing the same game and you have to find a way to live with each other.

The main point is, there is no other event in the game where one or more players can (and do) actively prevent other players from gettng the rewads (event tickets), and that should not be the case. There's a diffeence between choosing not to pursue something, and being prevented from doing so.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »

The main point is, there is no other event in the game where one or more players can (and do) actively prevent other players from gettng the rewads (event tickets), and that should not be the case. There's a diffeence between choosing not to pursue something, and being prevented from doing so.

You can do your quests earlier, save them, and turn them in during the event if you're worried.

Or go in at off-peak times.

Or use one of the many additional off-campaigns.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Noddegamra
    React wrote: »
    You can do your quests earlier, save them, and turn them in during the event if you're worried.

Or go in at off-peak times.

Or use one of the many additional off-campaigns.

Thank you, I already do one or all of those to reduce the annoyance factor as much as possible, but it's still annoying.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only place I've ever seen spawn camping in PVP is in IC.

Nobody can attack you where you spawn in. You have to literally put yourself in harm's way to get hit. Players hanging around under your base? There are 11 other ways to enter the Imperial City. Or you can jump off the other side of the base that's being camped.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Before I became a PVP player myself, I used to spend many hours in Cyrodil peacefully gathering and fishing without competition from other PVE players by learning about PVP and how to tell where other players would be concentrated based on what I was seeing on the map. Knowing what the goals of PVP in Cyrodil are, and how campaigning parties will move can benefit you greatly when avoiding PVP.

No, it does not keep you safe from those who will kill you in towns. But towns should be avoided during Mayhem if you want to avoid combat. I'm going to be honest, questing in a town is basically painting a big red "kill me" sign on your back during Mayhem.

Picking up a scouting mission, and learning how to move through the more remote areas of the map in order to reach your goal, is your best bet to get tickets without facing combat. It is not a 100% Guarantee of safety. Nothing ever is in a PVP zone. But the more you understand about PVP, the more you can either avoid it, or gear yourself in such a way as to deter combat. People expect you to be in the towns. They rarely go looking for you out in the middle of nowhere, because hubs like forts, towns, and resources are generally what most concentrate on. Never stick to main roads, watch your back when crossing choke points like bridges and mile gates. Travel an inconvenient route out of the way of the forts. Use stealth pots if you have them. Come prepared.

It is no different from learning the mechanics of a dungeon- there are predictable moves people will make across the map to reach certain targets, even if you are dealing with real people here.

I used to think like you in regards to PVP. I want you and others to know that it is entirely possible to avoid most combat in Cyrodil, and all it takes is learning how the map operates. Now that I do PVP, and enjoy it very much, I still use this knowledge when I want some down time just exploring and enjoying Cyrodil. It's possible, it honestly is.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eagerly awaiting more news on Monday regarding this.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to WSM whenever it comes. Even though I don't have what it takes to be much good at PvP, I love Cyrodiil and the Imperial City, and have grown to enjoy some AvA action even though I mostly stink at PvP.

If WSM gets delayed until they've finished installing, setting up, testing, and migrating to the new/upgraded servers, I'd think that's a good thing, not a bad thing.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on January 28, 2023 1:21PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing is; Cyrodiil has ways and places where you can avoid players. I'd actually avoid super low pop new campaigns as people that want to kill questers will be at quest spots expecting it. Completely full campaigns; you have to really avoid things that have flags and direct paths in between, but ones sitting around looking for PvEers will get hit by other pvpers as well

Probably something in the middle would be best
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figures that the one thing I look forward to, a PVP event is cancelled. I don't believe it will reappear for a while.

Exactly what info do they need to gather at this stage. Up to date information on what. Nothings changed in PVP that warrants a delay on these grounds.

It's no coincidence that they unpinned the PvP code reworking thread either. They unpinned it almost certainly because that project is not happening and they are trying to bury the issue and hope players forget the commitments ZOS has made to us.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they should also provide a way to get tickets from all the PvE events by doing PvP activities as well. Right?
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great. Today is Monday. Where should we look for this updated schedule and information if not here on the official forums?
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, if instead of the devs removing events & amending scheduled timelines surreptitiously, they were to try a more open, clear approach of communicating changes to their community (not waiting to be called out on the forums), they would earn some of that trust they bemoaned not enjoying in some of the whiney twitter posts they put up in the wake of U35 (and the subsequent mass exodus of players).

Just a suggestion.

I came back to ESO recently after the mess that was U35. It’s unfortunate, though not unexpected, to see that as is now the custom pvp gets the shite end of the stick.
  • EmilyElizabethESO
    EmilyElizabethESO
    ✭✭✭

Great. Today is Monday. Where should we look for this updated schedule and information if not here on the official forums?

@ZOS_Kevin it's Monday. Update please?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me to think what is happening to pvp. Largely neglected
    to the point that players mut ask for explanation to this type of things.

The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭

On the watch :smile:

And by the way, postponing it makes total sense to me to assure PvP is running smoothly (on new servers, with new code pieces) before doing the megatest with mayhem

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there's not really a malicious intent to this.

It did seem like MYM was moving further back in the year, so I wonder if the idea was to reset this to June and November... and they just didn't feel like doing three in one year.

But more importantly, for anyone who's read the new PTS Patch notes yet, there's a new achievement coming with U37:
    ota78cqireng.png
    It would seem that they want to give us this achievement before we have an event which encourages us to do some of the stuff in said achievement, since that is quite a lot.