The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I cannot for the life of me get Kutas

Jarl_Ironheart
Jarl_Ironheart
✭✭✭✭
I've have been doing enchanter surveys for the past 4 hours and I've done like 20, I had a bunch saved up, and I have not gotten 1 single Kuta. The same goes for the past month or so, I'll grab any runestone in my path but 0 Kutas. Is this a bug or do I have the worst possible luck.

I can still get other gold resources just fine. Pulled 22 rosin from 10 wood surveys.

I am a grand Master crafter btw. All the perks and passives for extraction
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 10, 2023 1:39PM
Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any points allocated in Runestone Extraction? Otherwise worst possible luck I guess.

Since I started doing daily writs I stopped caring about them at all, I even destroy Enchanting surveys because they are a chore to do and some of them spawn in stupid places. They drop rather frequently.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Do you have any points allocated in Runestone Extraction? Otherwise worst possible luck I guess.

Since I started doing daily writs I stopped caring about them at all, I even destroy Enchanting surveys because they are a chore to do and some of them spawn in stupid places. They drop rather frequently.

Oh yeah I'm a master crafter. I've never had this issue before. I'm thinking about reporting it to ZOS and seeing if this is some weird hidden bug
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't give mine away. I get Kuta on almost every enchanter crafting daily I do on my characters. think I have around 560
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    Doing a handful of surveys today (I tend to clear mine daily) and I had a couple Enchanter Surveys. I know I got at least 4 Kuta. And I get them from the random nodes, too. Runestone Extraction is at 3/3.

Definitely not a bug. Part of it is RNG.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't give mine away. I get Kuta on almost every enchanter crafting daily I do on my characters. think I have around 560

Help a Nord out then haha. I'll gladly take some off your hands!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Learn to RNG! ;)

I had the same on Saturday. About 10 surveys, all in the same location, not one kuta.

So don't worry , it happens a lot to me too. To add insult to injury, when I finally do get a kuta it never doubles up like the other ones do :(

I keep saying that a survey should ALWAYS drop at least one kuta (and a wood/metal/jewellery/clothing survey in Craglorn should always drop at least one nirncrux of each type). Let's face it, for a master crafter, green and blue are just vendor trash.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any issue with Kuta. But, I can't get a lead I want to drop. Probably just both having bad RNG.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a grand master crafter and have noticed a sharp drop off in Kuta drop rate where I used to get Kuta regularly.
    Same with perfect row, drop rate has been bad.
    I hear posting on the forum decreases your chances. /joke
    Edited by Four_Fingers on January 9, 2023 8:15PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, surveys/nodes are not great in the enchanting department. I get the vast majority of my Kutas from writ rewards. I feel like I have received more Kutas from heavy sacks than from runestones in the wild.

If you need Kuta quickly, I would consider just buying them. Farming them is upside down from a time profitability standpoint. Faster to farm gold then to farm Kuta. Most people that have been doing writs on multiple characters for any length of time are swimming in them.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 9, 2023 8:17PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like I have received more Kutas from heavy sacks than from runestones in the wild.

Came here to say this. Loot those sacks! I've received 5 Kutas from heavy sacks on multiple occasions.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that the frequency of them dropping in nodes does seem to have reduced -- I assumed it was just me not pegging the RNG correctly - but maybe it is running slower for some unknown reason??

Auldwulfe
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing since 2014. I have a fair amount of kuta and I would say 95% of my inventory has come from writs. I only have one memory of looting a kuta from an actual node out in the world and it was a shock to me.

While somewhat your experience is RNG, I also think the rate from node gathering is pretty low, just because there are so many potential possibilities in the loot table, whereas for writs obviously part of the process is to get a chance specifically for a gold reward.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always sell them 3800 gold is an nice price pc-eu 😺 For pc-us it looks like 6K is an better sell price.

And it looks like direct rewards from writs is more common, and you have the legendary heavy sack with kuta.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Learn to RNG! ;)

I had the same on Saturday. About 10 surveys, all in the same location, not one kuta.

So don't worry , it happens a lot to me too. To add insult to injury, when I finally do get a kuta it never doubles up like the other ones do :(

I keep saying that a survey should ALWAYS drop at least one kuta (and a wood/metal/jewellery/clothing survey in Craglorn should always drop at least one nirncrux of each type). Let's face it, for a master crafter, green and blue are just vendor trash.

Im also grand master crafter maxed out passives in crafting skill line plus cp passive and have had zero drop of nirncrux ever even after 7 hours of farming in craglorn still nothing....😑
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »
    Learn to RNG! ;)

Im also grand master crafter maxed out passives in crafting skill line plus cp passive and have had zero drop of nirncrux ever even after 7 hours of farming in craglorn still nothing....😑

I get a LOT more Kuta than Nirncrux....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    enchanter surveys are bad

Using the data I've collected for years, with prices as of this week on PC/NA. The approximate values of each survey is (after the materials being refined, if relevant)

Jewelry Survey ~ 65k gold
    Clothing Survey ~ 53k gold
    Blacksmithing Survey ~ 21k gold
    Woodworking Survey ~ 10k gold
    Alchemy is dependent on how much you want to "reset" the node. But getting all Columbine/Corn Flower would be about ~ 25-30k gold. w/o resetting it's probably in the 15-20k range
    Enchanting is behind at ~ 3.5k gold

post from tmbrinks (data from august, 2022)
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've have been doing enchanter surveys for the past 4 hours and I've done like 20, I had a bunch saved up, and I have not gotten 1 single Kuta. The same goes for the past month or so, I'll grab any runestone in my path but 0 Kutas. Is this a bug or do I have the worst possible luck.

I can still get other gold resources just fine. Pulled 22 rosin from 10 wood surveys.

I am a grand Master crafter btw. All the perks and passives for extraction

Since 2018 to present, I have less than 10 kutas from runestones. I just buy glyphs for my enchanting needs.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get Kutas on a daily basis. In case it could help, I give my "tricks":
    - I have a short round (about 8 minutes) allowing me to harvest about 25 runestones in a row (+ all other resources on the way).
    - I have my CP set to max for quantity of what I get from harvesting.

I get a minimum of 2 Kutas per round, up to 6. I estimate that average, I get 3 per round: usually once a pair + 1 (once only per day as I don't repeat the round). I can imagine that if I would repeat that round, this quantity would automatically increase, whereas I'm not sure if there is a cap or not.

Side note: my input are valid for working days. Over the weekend, due to non-sharable resources, farming is spoiled by amount of players doing it simultaneously. Areas are quite empty. :D

Edited for a question
    Now I have one generic question: I regularly harvest wood surveys, and out of those, I never get any heartwood, whereas I get quite a lot out of harvesting normal wood logs => Could it be that the harvesting of surveys don't give extra bonus? Someone knows?
    Edited by DreamyLu on January 10, 2023 5:37AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recently had one char have a run of getting a gold mat from most gear writs for 4-5 days while others (all my chars can do gear writs) did had normal drops no matter in which order I picked the chars to do writs. ZOS PRNG appears sometimes produce character spesific streaks of bad or good results. Or I just got extremely lucky with one character. Can't know without access into code spaghetti bowl.
    Surveys do not drop furnishing mats. By design or omission.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ngl that many surveys, that sounds like a bug.
    Pretty sure there is a bug atm since last hotfix where style materials are not dropping from deconstructing gear as well.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more transparency ZOS offers in the game... the easier it is for us players to spot bugs

This is valid for tooltips of abilities, passives, sets where we stand a chance by trying to understand and testing with for example CMX

But for all rewards where RND runs the show the fog of anekdotical info makes it nearly impossible for players to spot bugs.

For Daily Writs, with the addon Dolgubons Lazy Writ Creator, we can use the Statistics feature to clear the fog and get hard info on possible bugs with statistical significance when the sample size is big enough and the conditions steady.

But there is no addon to track harvesting and generate such objective statistics.

Now... coming to my main point:
    IF we do not have such a tool... does ZOS has such a tool ???
    IF ZOS has it they can easily realise regular statistical inspections to find bugs, inspect after updates or inspect after bug reports of players.
    NOT as an ad hoc analysis after posts like this catch momentum, because everybody with some RLexperience knows that regular monitoring by the same method is far more reliable than a (hasty) ad hoc analysis.

My impression is that ZOS is not (yet) really mature in the sense that designs are input driven and output is not enough tested because ZOS has not (yet) put enough effort in a good portfolio of monitors and is probably wasting precious time of devs in ad hoc testing in both development as maintenance.

I think ZOS would do well to A. have enough monitors and B. make those monitors available for players.
    B. which is effectively outsourcing testing to players to save huge amounts of cost has also the advantage that:
    * WE as players can find out for ourselves and share on forums and in chat
    * Our bug reports are more precise and more actionable with less effort needed from ZOS (faster)

Edited by hrothbern on January 10, 2023 12:39PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just start farming guild traders instead as this is the real end game of farming mats.

I bought this earlier today :D
    5t8jksof5ltf.png
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post