Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Our First Battleground Weekend Starts Tomorrow!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Our first Battleground Weekend is just around the corner! Beginning this Thursday at 10:00 AM EDT, all Battlegrounds will be Capture the Relic and have a 25% AP bonus.
9bhqzemtdsky.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 29, 2022 4:36PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for all platforms or only PC?
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Deathmatch. All the time.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @spoqster This is for all platforms.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

BGs are like 10k AP a game (40k an hour). So +25% AP is a measly +10k AP an hour if you can fit in 4 games.
    It's not even worth the trouble. Just adding an extra 25% comes off as an incredibly lazy decision. Increase the rewards.

I went from doing BGs daily to having done maybe 5 this year.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    auz wrote: »

Yeah seems like they're trying to force objective modes yet the modes often don't encourage pvp but more running and capping/stealing things away from players.

I suspect this would just become a pvp slug fest where pvp players who only want to play deathmatch now will have more pve players and those hunting ap/rank doing battlegrounds.

I can see this causing rift in the community with more people moaning about those not playing objectives whilst the pvp community at large will moan that deathmatch isn't an option during these.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the modes they could have chosen, I wonder why they picked the only one that's reliably worse than deathmatch.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, could you maybe announce this in the news section? I only noticed this event because we have a dev-comment tracker in our discord. I am pretty sure most players will miss this out, because they will not check this sub forums.
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    It's a step in the right direction, but I also agree with others that the amount of ap should be increased, maybe to 50% or even more. BGs don't give alot of AP compared to what can be achieved in cyrodiil.
    Unrelated to the weekend, I find it strange that the daily BG doesn't give 10 Transmutes like a daily dungeon. That sureley would encourage people to at least try to win their first BG each day
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    VixxVexx wrote: »
    Seriously?

BGs are like 10k AP a game (40k an hour). So +25% AP is a measly +10k AP an hour if you can fit in 4 games.
    It's not even worth the trouble. Just adding an extra 25% comes off as an incredibly lazy decision. Increase the rewards.

Yea this is a meme...why I barely do bgs
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, could you maybe announce this in the news section? I only noticed this event because we have a dev-comment tracker in our discord. I am pretty sure most players will miss this out, because they will not check this sub forums.

Use the recent discussion feature. That's what it is there for.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @RealLoveBVB I'll cross post it to news if that helps for visibility. It was also pinned in the recent discussion section and noted on the dev tracker. We wanted to make sure it was pinned here as this is a direct event for PvP.
    Staff Post
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    auz wrote: »

Yeah seems like they're trying to force objective modes yet the modes often don't encourage pvp but more running and capping/stealing things away from players.

I suspect this would just become a pvp slug fest where pvp players who only want to play deathmatch now will have more pve players and those hunting ap/rank doing battlegrounds.

I can see this causing rift in the community with more people moaning about those not playing objectives whilst the pvp community at large will moan that deathmatch isn't an option during these.

It gets really bad, when half the team wants to play dm and the other half objective, and then you have a full team just 4v1ing or 4v2ing everyone with dm.
    It creates a really bad experience for many players.
    And 0 acknowledgement from the dev team on the issue since the last change.
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    Should be AT LEAST double ap since bgs are basically dead.
    When was the last bg map added?
    BGS are completely forgotten, that 25% means almost nothing with all due respect
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh cool a PvP event, Since you failed to ever bring servers to Australia, these are really fun with a 300-700ms ping.
    Thanks guys.
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be fun watching unkillable Mara's Balm tanks hold the relics for the entire match.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should be fun watching unkillable Mara's Balm tanks hold the relics for the entire match.

Better than waiting in queue for 15 minutes just to have the match end in 2 minutes because some nut is running a max speed build and immovable pots and there's nothing you can do to stop them from capping the relic.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at ZOS : I guess you and I does not have the same idea of fun!

Though the idea of this BG week end could have been really fun ... surprise ..... it is not.

First you should not include lv 10 : facing Mara's player, lv 35++ up to 49, gives a result of 27 death in one match, giving more the feeling of harassment when you are killed over and over by the same player during the same match.

I knew it would happens, its pvp and i am used to die, but honestly this is the first day i die that much in one match since i play eso (was in beta)

May be you should think about those invincible gear allowing one person to keep the relic and letting the 3 others feast on your body over and over.
    I was hitting them of course BUT .... they were healed immediatly by the armor.

I can not even imagine a new player wanting to test the bg and the event ..... its more sorry the door is open you can leave the game than lets have fun together.

You will always have people to abuse the error made by ZOS, but this time they can do it with your benediction.

Well event done for me.

My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously?

I agree! I haven't done a single Battlegroud match during last year, even during Midyear Mayhem events :'(

For me, hardest hit was removal of ability to queue for selected game mode almost 2 years ago... I used to complete Random BG for daily reward, and then queue for Deathmatch only. When every match became random, I was holding for a few more months, till previous Summer... then I was burned out, because getting Deathmatch was too rare, and this made me very toxic player even for my team.

However, with addition of new armor sets to Rewards of Worthy, I'm willing to collect some new items for my book. If this weekend event would offer at least double AP reward, I might participate and hide my anger at Capture the Relic matches. With triple AP reward, I would 100% participate, and I might not be angry during this event :smiley:

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @RealLoveBVB I'll cross post it to news if that helps for visibility. It was also pinned in the recent discussion section and noted on the dev tracker. We wanted to make sure it was pinned here as this is a direct event for PvP.

Hi Kevin,
    When does the event end? I would like to update my ESO Calendar on my website.

Thanks.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kevin,
    When does the event end? I would like to update my ESO Calendar on my website.

Thanks.

NVM, I saw the timer on the in-game announcement UI.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a step in the right direction, but I also agree with others that the amount of ap should be increased, maybe to 50% or even more. BGs don't give alot of AP compared to what can be achieved in cyrodiil.
    Unrelated to the weekend, I find it strange that the daily BG doesn't give 10 Transmutes like a daily dungeon. That sureley would encourage people to at least try to win their first BG each day

Yeah agreed. 100 percent AP would be more reasonable and the 10 transmutes seems fair given daily random dungeon rewards.
    @ZOS_Kevin can you pass this on please?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like this I can get Grand Relic Hunter/Guardian achievements will you be doing all Chaosball or Domination next weekend?
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there is anyone who with a serious face can say that he is planning to gain some AP by playing PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER Battlegrounds (bear in mind that BG's are realistically the only lag-free PvP experience one can get) Capture The Relic mode that does not encourage any PvP at all.

[snip]

Honestly, this ruined my BG experience. I log in to play BGs hoping to get DM at least once in 5 games and now you do this to us...

BRING BACK DEATHMATCH ONLY QUEUE! MAKE BATTLEGROUNDS GREAT AGAIN!

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 23, 2022 11:56AM
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, we are seeing some of the feedback here. We'll be collecting it and sharing with the team after the event is done.

Feedback like what @gariondavey and @ZiggyTStardust left is helpful for the team. Ways this experience could be improved is the name of the game here.
    Staff Post
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Kevin!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All, we are seeing some of the feedback here. We'll be collecting it and sharing with the team after the event is done.

Feedback like what @gariondavey and @ZiggyTStardust left is helpful for the team. Ways this experience could be improved is the name of the game here.

The problem with isolating these awful objective modes like this is you have players essentially spec to troll them. Pretty much every match is troll mara bash tanks just camping relics and not dying. It's all so pointless.

I've already decided to just chill in the base and get the free AP whenever that starts happening.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea is not bad but many people like deathmatch.
    So now you force people who only come to BG for DM to play only relic mode...

We have now organised groups camping ennemy base to kill everybody in 4vs1.

All of that for only +25% ap gain ? This isnt really attractive, ZOS, let's be serious.

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who would have thought forcing a heap of people to play a game mode they don't want to play would create toxic gameplay. But hey, 25% extra AP. Worth.
  • SoulwayFilth
    Seems they want BG to be killed. You just have a PVE event where rewards are pretty much doubled & run any of the dungeon content you want. BG is bugger all reward increase & locked into one game mode which can just be trolled.

Fun, yeah right. More fun before this was put in.