The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Morrowind DLC Now Free for All ESO Players"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
What’s this? Even more surprises? Now everyone can explore the homeland of the Dark Elves with The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind DLC. Starting today, the Morrowind DLC is free for all ESO players! 🎉

c6lqdkvmi5bo.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "Morrowind DLC Now Free for All ESO Players"

Starting right now, you can explore the home of the Dark Elves with free access to the Morrowind DLC!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 14, 2022 8:56PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't the Morrowind DLC been included when buying the base game for years?
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

Only if you subscribe to ESO+ I think.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda saw this coming when it was included in the High Isle Prologue quest.

Good to see it come in time for the Jubilee though; that’s a lot of dailies unlocked for people who didn’t already have it. :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice thing for new players yes.

If only the grumpy elves were not quite so ... well ...grumpy!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was done for pre-Morrowind players who didn't buy the chapter when it launched in 2017 or when it was moved to the Crown Store after Summerset's launch in 2018.
    Edited by Maitsukas on April 6, 2022 3:01PM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought since Summerset Morrowind is part of the base game, so the only ones affected by that could be those, that have no ESO Plus and bought the game pre Morrowind and never bought Morrowind itself or Summerset now that I think about it, I am pretty sure if you bought Summerset you got Morrowind for free.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s nice but as others have mentioned, ESO is almost impossible to buy without Morrowind at this point lol. This is a 5 year old dlc.

I guess old players who quit 5 years ago can have this dlc now if they return?

DLCs which are 2-3 years or older should all be free since no one will be buying them anymore anyway.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've removed some comments as they were spam and non-constructive. Please make sure to keep commentary constructive and adhere to our community rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the base game in May 2018 - and the tutorial was in Morrowind. So yes, part of base game that far back. About a week after I started playing, I bought Summerset as well.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nice gesture! I'm glad that the PTS feedback about the High Isle Prologue requiring Vvardenfell was listened to.

For those saying it applies to relatively few players, it does. But I've also seen questions from veteran players who didn't have Morrowind trying to play together with new players who had Morrowind. So they do exist.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but that change was not retroactive. Anyone who bought the base game after that change in 2018 already has Morrowind. But older players who bought the game before that point did not get Morrowind for free until now.

So this change only affects players who started playing before summer 2018 and who had not already purchased Morrowind. My guess is that it's probably a relatively small number of players who will be affected by this change. In any case, it was long overdue.
    Edited by code65536 on April 6, 2022 7:22PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've mentioned this in a couple of threads previously. The only time I could get to Morrowind on my old account was during free weekends or when it was a free ESO+ trial. I almost bought it with crowns but I suspected that they might make it free. Thankfully I was right. Thanks ZOS! I might resurrect my old crafter and his sorcerer friend this weekend.
  • DragonfuryMC
    DragonfuryMC
    Soul Shriven
    Saw quite a few indignant and entitled posts before I could get my forum account up and running.

I bought eso in april 2016, before tamriel unlimited, one tamriel etc (I could only play Aldmeri dominion races).

So yes, I have Not had access to morrowind this whole time (even after it got added to the base game) while my friends joining the game have, contrary to what a few angry people on forums seem to believe.

Thank you ZOS
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I getting my money back as someone who paid for this DLC??
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone having a second account created at some point in 2018, which doesn't own any chapter yet (I have all of them on my main account, buying them on my mostly-RP-characters-only-account either was too expensive), I really appreciate this. Also, my partner has a second account without any chapers, too.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice thing for new players yes.

If only the grumpy elves were not quite so ... well ...grumpy!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

They don't like my dunmer either, even she is from Tel Mora.
    Edited by Lysette on April 7, 2022 1:47AM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the only accounts that benefit from this "gift" are the ones zos froze recently with the implementation of cold sharding.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the only accounts that benefit from this "gift" are the ones zos froze recently with the implementation of cold sharding.

It will actually help me on my Xbox account...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of the small overlap of active players who own the base game but not Morrowind and don't have ESO+, this is a good and overdue change.

From the perspective of the general ESO playerbase, this big surprise announcement has zero impact—players in this very thread are unclear about who already owns Morrowind or not lol.

BUT from the perspective of a non-ESO player, this seems like a cool free thing, incentive to get ESO, and a reason to see it in the news. So it seems like a great little marketing opportunity that hopefully brings some new players to ESO. Get some fishy sticks ready ...

(Also it sounds like the High Isle prologue quest might involve Vvardenfell based on the news article)

Edit: Just remembered the prologue was on PTS and took place in Vvardenfell : P
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on April 7, 2022 9:36AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of the small overlap of active players who own the base game but not Morrowind and don't have ESO+, this is a good and overdue change.

From the perspective of the general ESO playerbase, this big surprise announcement has zero impact—players in this very thread are unclear about who already owns Morrowind or not lol.

BUT from the perspective of a non-ESO player, this seems like a cool free thing, incentive to get ESO, and a reason to see it in the news. So it seems like a great little marketing opportunity that hopefully brings some new players to ESO. Get some fishy sticks ready ...

(Also it sounds like the High Isle prologue quest might involve Vvardenfell based on the news article)

Edit: Just remembered the prologue was on PTS and took place in Vvardenfell : P

Yup. This is the best kind of change; harmless to everyone it doesn’t actively help.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that buying DLC for crowns unlocks it only on one server, the one it is bought on. Current change will add the Morrowind DLC to players who have never bought it and also to players who had it only on one server before the change.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already claimed it on both servers. Vvardenfell here I come. But remember, you don't need dlc if you spend all day in Cyrodiil.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy the chapters every year and I'm happy to see this. Since other chapters are bundled for newcomers each year I think it makes sense to make the oldest chapter free to all players every year as well. That way we can get new content in those zones via prologue quests and hopefully companion quests and the developers will not have to worry about players only owning certain content. With a standardized schedule of old content becoming free to all players it can be better utilized.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big issue here is why its been partly free only for so long. Why has it been for sale for some only as such. Don't argue with each other take zos to task.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    This would be the perfect time to bring Tel Galen back to the Crown Store...
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Yes, but that change was not retroactive. Anyone who bought the base game after that change in 2018 already has Morrowind. But older players who bought the game before that point did not get Morrowind for free until now.

So this change only affects players who started playing before summer 2018 and who had not already purchased Morrowind. My guess is that it's probably a relatively small number of players who will be affected by this change. In any case, it was long overdue.

Thank you for the explanation.
  • Jiscarlo
    Jiscarlo
    Soul Shriven
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Am I getting my money back as someone who paid for this DLC??

If you bought it back in 2016-2020 thats nonsense. If you bought it in 2021 and 2022 i understand you.

But this is the normal way it goes. It was the first Chapter and it's ok that it's free now. After 6 years!