The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

DO NOT LET THIS GO LIVE

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    He halves the number, making it clear he's only accounting for the 50% damage reduction from Battle Spirit--and not the fact that NPCs only have around 18000 armor.

I believe only dungeon/trial mobs have 18200 armor. Overland trash has 9100 armor.

• ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    I want to see numbers on a player.

This.

The guy in that video clearly doesn't understand how damage mechanics in ESO work. In the first 5 minutes he goes "I haven't been able to test this against a player yet, but I'm hitting for 100k against random NPCs so I assume it would be around 50K against players." He halves the number, making it clear he's only accounting for the 50% damage reduction from Battle Spirit--and not the fact that NPCs only have around 18000 armor. Any decent PVP build is going to have more mitigation than that, especially considering how good heavy armor is now.

Could this be a problem? Eh, maybe. But it's definitely not as bad as that clickbaity video is making it out to be.

What if they are sporting light armor. You do know they offer that as well. Some players like to wear light armor (for what reason I have no idea) but it's done all the time.
    Edited by ksbrugh on April 30, 2021 11:46PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen worse, on PTS dummy I hit power of the light for 127K and I wasn't in stealth.

The balance on PTS is a meme at this point...

How tho? Potl has a damage cap that only scales with max stamina. With 50k max stam the damage cap is around 29k.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    I've seen worse, on PTS dummy I hit power of the light for 127K and I wasn't in stealth.

How tho? Potl has a damage cap that only scales with max stamina. With 50k max stam the damage cap is around 29k.

No idea I choked when I saw it too. I think crit damage itself is bugged on the PTS because it did look to be around 4x-5x tooltip.

Probably that backstabber CP since it is bugged on live too.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I still remember the 'Stam Bomber' setup I put together on the PTS just before Greymoor came out: Simmering Frenzy + Titanborn's Strength + DSA 2-hander = 150k+ hits just spamming Brawler/Carve into a group.

Build didn't go live because they nerfed Frenzy and a few other things before Greymoor came out. You're always going to find unintendedly OP stuff if you look hard enough, that's just the nature of game design. I always figured the classy thing to do was quietly inform the devs and hope it gets patched before a bunch of people notice--instead of going all Chicken Little on youtube for views and creating the problem you're screaming about. :|
  • ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I still remember the 'Stam Bomber' setup I put together on the PTS just before Greymoor came out: Simmering Frenzy + Titanborn's Strength + DSA 2-hander = 150k+ hits just spamming Brawler/Carve into a group.

Build didn't go live because they nerfed Frenzy and a few other things before Greymoor came out. You're always going to find unintendedly OP stuff if you look hard enough, that's just the nature of game design. I always figured the classy thing to do was quietly inform the devs and hope it gets patched before a bunch of people notice--instead of going all Chicken Little on youtube for views and creating the problem you're screaming about. :|

Apples versus oranges when it comes down to it. It's all the same, they're fruit.
    You're not saying the messages bad just the delivery of it.
    I'm old school it's always been the squeaky wheel that gets the oil not the ones that aren't squeaking.
    Be classy and quietly let the devs know. Lm@*".
    Wish in one hand and
    in the other and see which one gets filled up faster. Make sure you wish in the hand that you eat with.
    I've seen too many broken op stats skills gear get transferred from pts to live to not raise heck about it
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    ksbrugh wrote: »

This.

The guy in that video clearly doesn't understand how damage mechanics in ESO work. In the first 5 minutes he goes "I haven't been able to test this against a player yet, but I'm hitting for 100k against random NPCs so I assume it would be around 50K against players." He halves the number, making it clear he's only accounting for the 50% damage reduction from Battle Spirit--and not the fact that NPCs only have around 18000 armor. Any decent PVP build is going to have more mitigation than that, especially considering how good heavy armor is now.

Could this be a problem? Eh, maybe. But it's definitely not as bad as that clickbaity video is making it out to be.

What if they are sporting light armor. You do know they offer that as well. Some players like to wear light armor (for what reason I have no idea) but it's done all the time.

A magsorc in all light armor with Bound Armor slotted and Boundless Storm running and no other resistance buffs has 23236 Spell Resistance and 18154 Physical Resistance, plus another 2% mitigation from CP, 20% base Crit Resistance (30% with the Resilience CP star slotted), Shields, and whatever other forms of damage mitigation you want to stack on.

More importantly, if you bring a glass cannon into PVP it's your own fault if it gets shattered. There are a lot of people on these boards who seem to thing 'balance' means being able to kill everyone they come across while never being killed themselves, and that's just silly.

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

could you please share a video or more information on this? I'm having trouble understanding how this is possible
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

A magsorc in all light armor with Bound Armor slotted and Boundless Storm running and no other resistance buffs has 23236 Spell Resistance and 18154 Physical Resistance, plus another 2% mitigation from CP, 20% base Crit Resistance (30% with the Resilience CP star slotted), Shields, and whatever other forms of damage mitigation you want to stack on.

More importantly, if you bring a glass cannon into PVP it's your own fault if it gets shattered. There are a lot of people on these boards who seem to thing 'balance' means being able to kill everyone they come across while never being killed themselves, and that's just silly.

Shields are useless here because we are talking about ganking from stealth. I doubt you are casting 6s shields when nobody is around. Btw nice of you to pick the strongest mag class. Now try it with others
    Btw i really want to see your mag build having 30k resist with atleast 35k health (in light armor) to be able to survive this hit and being able to kill anything
    Edited by Anyron on May 1, 2021 4:23AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess now we know why Gaze of Sithis is in game, lol.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.

Boundless/Hurricane will pull the NB out of stealth. These are melee hits only. They'll be immune.
    Edited by katorga on May 1, 2021 5:12AM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have clearly no idea what you're talking about if you think that you can prevent a good nightblade to engage you stealthed while under hurricane/boundless storm.

They move fast, and due to laggy netcode they will land their burst combo between 2 ticks without any problem at all.

About the OP, he is right. There is no counterplay against that. Or again 3-4x 20k procs. And even if you manage to survive to one combo, how will you deal against 10+ players using that in Cyrodiil ?

At least there are some PTS patches left, let's see what devs do.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

This.

Boundless/Hurricane will pull the NB out of stealth. These are melee hits only. They'll be immune.

seems like you know your stuff

last time i checked boundless storm area is 5m( not to mention its RADIUS, which means it is 5m aoe. so it gets halved) while melle attacks have 5-7m range. if you are really lucky you detect that nightblade, if he gets to you when your boundless storm ticks.

but mostly you get wrecked by ganker no matter if you have that skill on yourself or not.

so just because on paper it looks like it could work it doesnt mean it will work in real.
    do some testing next time please
    Edited by Anyron on May 1, 2021 10:32AM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    You have clearly no idea what you're talking about if you think that you can prevent a good nightblade to engage you stealthed while under hurricane/boundless storm.

They move fast, and due to laggy netcode they will land their burst combo between 2 ticks without any problem at all.

About the OP, he is right. There is no counterplay against that. Or again 3-4x 20k procs. And even if you manage to survive to one combo, how will you deal against 10+ players using that in Cyrodiil ?

well i am glad i stopped playing before this patch because it seems it will be horrific in pvp :D
    zos have clearly no idea what they are doing.

how to fix proc sets ... well, lets make them 100-150% more stronger and lets make some scale of max health just to be sure we did it right. and now this on top of it.....
    Edited by Anyron on May 1, 2021 10:07AM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting and being non-constructive. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... um... Nerf NB ? ? ?

^ Because this is what will happen. 100K Death stroke, ok we will nerf base dmg & scaling so it will hit 20K max :joy:

But with all seriousness and jokes aside - this has no counter play... like literally no counter. Even with armour cap & maxed crit resistance you gonna get hit by 40K+ at minimum... even GoS won't help you...

My counter build (if it goes live):
    Vamp (or Night's Silence set) + Vesture of Darloc Brae + Wild hunt ring.

Good luck finding me in Cyro... :D:joy:

Edit:
    Can't we just keep the "no-proc" Cyro ? It is playable...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 1, 2021 10:23AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the First Murphy's Law states: If anything can go wrong, it will.
    PC EU
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Because this is what will happen. 100K Death stroke, ok we will nerf base dmg & scaling so it will hit 20K max :joy:

But with all seriousness and jokes aside - this has no counter play... like literally no counter. Even with armour cap & maxed crit resistance you gonna get hit by 40K+ at minimum... even GoS won't help you...

Edit:

no proc cyro isnt flawless. there is many sets that doesnt work just because it is considered proc.
    only procsets that do damage or healing should be affected and then i would go for it.

as much as i hate procs i must say it totally killed theorycrafting and build variety
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually tested this against players? Obviously it isn't intended to work against players. Stealth attacks haven't added extra damage to players in around 2 years.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Before they broke cyrodiil totally with no proc sets I used to run around in

3 x night terror: (2m)
    4 x darloc brae (2m)
    5 x night mother's embrace (2m)
    Khajiit (3m)

(as well as totalling 61% cost reduction)

And with U30 I'll be able to go back in there along with the CP tree ones (another 3m, 25% cost reduction )

I figure that 12m reduction in detect at 86% cost reduction with concealed weapon slotted for the speed it ought to do nicely 8). In fact you could probably drop night terror for wild hunt and a monster helm.

In PVE even with just the armour and racials you basically don't exist. You can steal from under the noses of any NPC. In Cyrodiil even without the CP one you could stroll through the imperials in the tunnels or mob camps.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Laggy netcode works both ways. Although the faster you move, the more it seems to work to your advantage and against your target.

46% vs 275% seems so far apart that it has to be a mistake.
    Edited by katorga on May 1, 2021 3:03PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Before they broke cyrodiil totally with no proc sets I used to run around in

3 x night terror: (2m)
    4 x darloc brae (2m)
    5 x night mother's embrace (2m)
    Khajiit (3m)

(as well as totalling 61% cost reduction)

And with U30 I'll be able to go back in there along with the CP tree ones (another 3m, 25% cost reduction )

I figure that 12m reduction in detect at 86% cost reduction with concealed weapon slotted for the speed it ought to do nicely 8). In fact you could probably drop night terror for wild hunt and a monster helm.

In PVE even with just the armour and racials you basically don't exist. You can steal from under the noses of any NPC. In Cyrodiil even without the CP one you could stroll through the imperials in the tunnels or mob camps.
    Interesting approach. Instead of removing sneak penalty + perma stealth/sneak with Darloc, just reduce detection as much as possible. Got to try this too. However, my main is Argonian non-vampire so I am not sure if it will work (I will be missing Khajiit racial and vamp bonus).

The big question is - how does it affect detection potions ? Does reduced stealth detection also makes those potions less effective ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 1, 2021 3:09PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It needs to be tested against a player before calling anything.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

At this point I'm wondering if someone has, realized the extra bonus damage doesn't apply to players and their ability hit for 20k, and just hasn't put it up here.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

if this works only on npcs ( which i dont know why it should work only on npcs) then its ok.
    but if that scaling works too when used against player then it is really bad. you dont have to even count for how much it hits. if it is 100k in pve it obviously overpowered in pvp too.

do not forget thats not only thing thats gonna hit you, there will be probably snipe on way and few other skills mixed with it. anything that hits for more than 20k in pvp is issue, obviously
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

if this works only on npcs ( which i dont know why it should work only on npcs) then its ok.
    but if that scaling works too when used against player then it is really bad. you dont have to even count for how much it hits. if it is 100k in pve it obviously overpowered in pvp too.

do not forget thats not only thing thats gonna hit you, there will be probably snipe on way and few other skills mixed with it. anything that hits for more than 20k in pvp is issue, obviously

You only get these hits because of the stealth bonus damage. The stealth bonus damage does not work against players since they patched it out in morrowind but it still works against pve enemies. If this works against players, which I doubt but cant check for myself since I dont have pts, its a bug.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

well i am glad i stopped playing before this patch because it seems it will be horrific in pvp :D
    zos have clearly no idea what they are doing.

how to fix proc sets ... well, lets make them 100-150% more stronger and lets make some scale of max health just to be sure we did it right. and now this on top of it.....

No proc cryodriil has actually been okay, but bgs are still a mess.

This new patch is just one of thousands of mistakes @ZOS_BrianWheeler has made in an attempt to “balance” the game.
    Procs were fine before he started toying with them.
    Is it so hard to just revert them?
    They were a a failure, like the dots. There’s no shame in admitting that.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth damage bonus is disabled in PvP.
    [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 1:57PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I tested this on the PTS vs real players and also vs NPCs and on NPCs I can hit for over 110k easy but players only 10k at most
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth damage bonus is disabled in PvP.
    [snip]

These nb build video trolls come out every patch, but zos usually locks them.

Procs still broken.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 1:58PM