Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Proper crown exchange method please! :(

• Bluewit
    Bluewit
    I got scammed too, and i did a post:

ID of the player: [snip]
    The character is called [snip]
    He was above cp 300!!!

I just got scammed at “Quarantine Serk Wayshrine, Deshaan”.
    The player told me he sells 10k crowns for 165-1
    I tried to buy Nerien’eth arms pack.
    I told him that I will give first the first half, then he has to gift me the arms pack.
    But when I paid the first half: 206250 gold, he says thanks and disappear.
    I just want my gold back.
    This was at the night from saturday to Sunday.
    I have screenshoots of the conversation (I've attached them)
    Please, I need help.

[Edited to remove Naming and Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 27, 2020 3:37PM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same guy, he is rampaging through Tamriel it seems.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluewit wrote: »
    The player told me he sells 10k crowns for 165-1

Well, there's a saying that goes like "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true".
    This seems to apply here. 165/1 when the market rate is around 350/1 ? Should have rung a bell.

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    150 is pretty common. I see its much higher now, he offered 165 while the market was climbing for new crates.

The markets on NA is nowhere near 350. 250 on exchanges, 150 in zone usually. I buy all the time at 150 never had a problem.

I assure you, no bells were rung, 165 is not out of the ordinary on a normal day. Admittedly, as the crown crates just came out that day it was not exactly a normal day.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caveat Emptor. Never exchange that much gold with a complete stranger. Use trusted sources or go through a broker. Every trade guild officer I know is willing to broker exchanges.

I’m sorry this happened to you and I hope Zeni offers a speedy resolution. Don’t expect them to implement an in game exchange however. It’s a community function that in their eyes is allowed but not desired. They’d rather everyone just spend more money to buy their own crowns.
    Edited by Reverb on September 27, 2020 3:35PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    150 is pretty common. I see its much higher now, he offered 165 while the market was climbing for new crates.

The markets on NA is nowhere near 350. 250 on exchanges, 150 in zone usually. I buy all the time at 150 never had a problem.

I assure you, no bells were rung, 165 is not out of the ordinary on a normal day. Admittedly, as the crown crates just came out that day it was not exactly a normal day.

Well, NA and EU may vary with regards to the crown market. Here in EU I was happily surprised to see an offer at 280... and got scammed. Many people use the discord (middle man) services even though they use 400 as exchange rate.

• Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand how naming them is considered “name shaming” when you have hard proof.

High cp doesn’t seem to mean much because they don’t get punished. So there’s no risk.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shoot PS4 NA is 100 to 1, even 90-1 at times especially when crowns go on sell.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just got a response saying if they can recover my funds they'll let me know?

So if this guy has already run off and sold my gold for $$ its gone?

Surely they can just add 825k to my bank, then ban the guy that did this.

I'm hoping that was just a standard response.
    Edited by richo262 on September 28, 2020 2:12PM
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    So I just got a response saying if they can recover my funds they'll let me know?

I was told the same but I've been waiting 3 weeks since so yea....
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »

3 weeks? Damn. I hope you get a resolution soon. Did you have many photos?

I think between the 3 people in this very thread scammed by the same guy, and all providing evidence that it gets sped up and resolved much sooner than 3 weeks but I guess covid or whatnot might be slowing it down.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »

3 weeks? Damn. I hope you get a resolution soon. Did you have many photos?

I think between the 3 people in this very thread scammed by the same guy, and all providing evidence that it gets sped up and resolved much sooner than 3 weeks but I guess covid or whatnot might be slowing it down.

I’ve been waiting longer. They could instantly give you the gold, it’s not a lot of work or requires any effort, but they rather punish the person that was conned than the con artist.

People on console got a lot of free crowns but we can’t even get out 1 million gold back.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    ZOS really needs to research player play patterns in every part of their game.

They have a lot of data and a lot of statistics....it's just applying that information meaningfully that is the trick.

It's how we got housing.

So there is hope.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've been brooding on this since it happened, I swear I've heard someone warn of a scammer with the same @name in Deshaan about a year ago. So now I'm worried that nothing happens to scammers.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently bought a DLC for 3.5k crowns and a costume for 1.2k crowns from different players.

Both times we agreed on a fair price, both times i was asking if they'd be ok with payment after delivery, both didn't even bother and just sent me the stuff, both of them recieved an extra payment for their trust.

You see, just pay after you got your crown item and you'll be fine. If they don't want to do it this way, that's ok. There are people that will.

And i assume chances that these scamers are going to be prosecutet by ZOS is rather small. Since they've already stated that this transaction is made on the participant risk, and following each of the reports would take costy resources.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on September 30, 2020 6:16AM
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    frontend wrote: »
    my friend got permabanned for scamming too many people like this. so Zos does act upon it

I find that hard to believe.

I mean, if you dont take my word for it, then so be it i guess. But i can only share what he told me:

I dueled a cp 500 player who actually played like a pro. he bash cancelled, dodged and used correct skills at the correct time. this is unnatural for a cp 500 pvper. So basically i asked if he was a transfer from NA, but what he told me instead is that this is his new account after his cp 2000 account got banned for scamming people for A LOT OF GOLD.

That is what he told me.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh.... friend as in "on my friend's list" not friend as in "I would vouch for this person."

Biiig difference.

And to answer the question that started this thread - I would say "trade only with a friend" and the latter, not the former.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Canned_Apples @Bluewit

Have you guys heard back at all yet?
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Hi, can I please get an update on the investigation?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @richo262

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you an update on the current status of your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response @ZOS_BillE, I'm aware of what the ticket says, it says that 'if the item can be recovered', suggesting there is an investigation? It has been nearly two weeks now and with the large amount of people all reporting the same guy as soon as he scammed them, with screenshots and videos, I'm wondering when somebody is going to spend the 15 minutes required to investigate this situation for all of us effected by this one scammer, and recover all our gold.
    Edited by richo262 on October 7, 2020 1:40AM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About half the guilds I am in host safe crown exchanges for members and there is a rather large public one that is safe as well. Trying to save a few gold and risking getting scammed by a random player in zone chat, is just asking for trouble and really isn't worth it IMHO.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE can I please get an update on this? Its been several months now and I'm yet to receive any gold back.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @richo262 - I've sent you another PM regarding your situation.

As for this thread, we are going to close it going forward due to the age of the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.