Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Expired Gifts.

HalDeimos
HalDeimos
Soul Shriven
A good weekend everyone.

I need some help with gifts. According to this https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375 article, I thought that expired gifts are automatically returned to the sender. Is that different at this time? That article is from around 2018.
The gift recipient must accept the gift within 14 days to receive the item, but if they decline or fail to accept the item in time, it is simply returned to its original purchaser. Note that the purchaser in this case is unable to make use of any returned gifts themselves, but can resend it to the original or a different recipient.

I sent a gift to someone that I didn't intend to. Either that recipient has ignored the gift and my few messages or they don't play anymore. The gift hasn't been accepted and the time counter is at zero and it's been this way for quite some time. Is it just lost? Customer support is using one -steps to reply to my cases.

Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HalDeimos

As mentioned in the help article here, someone only has 14 days to accept a gift that has been sent. If you fail to accept a gift during this period, the unaccepted gift will be returned to the original sender.

Do you have an open ticket number?

If so, you can post it in this thread so we can check on what is going on.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HalDeimos
    HalDeimos
    Soul Shriven
    Gosh It's been ages. Life, such!

I've got two tickets and both have been closed with the same generic response.

# 200712-002063 - This is the most recent case.

# 200626-010464 - That is the first case I opened.

I hope that you can help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HalDeimos

I've sent you a private message to follow-up regarding your support tickets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post