Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Social Ban

DanielS4N
DanielS4N
Hello i'm here because three days ago me and my siblings found out that (for what i could read here at the forum) we have been social banned, this came out of nowhere without any warning or information, also the support is having for what i believe a really big delay. But the thing is that because of this "social ban" we (3 players) are losing all the MMO experience right now, we can't interact whit another player or either between us, is really frustrating...I don't really get the idea of this automatic system to ban players, what's actually looking to secure? Because a hacker/bot user/ Gold seller or whatever know how to avoid this things and looking that the 3 of us have been banned at the same time (for what we experienced, we where at a dungeon and after that we couldn't interact anymore with other players) this kind of ban is an ip ban not an account one, so is not really helping to secure the game is only giving headache to the real players. I will leave my ticket here if any forum staff can help us to settle this matter a little faster Ticket#200601-012644, thank you for taking time to read me.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @DanielS4N we can confirm that your ticket is open and a member of our support staff will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19 and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    Greetings @DanielS4N we can confirm that your ticket is open and a member of our support staff will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19 and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.

First of all thank you very much for your help, after a couple hours that you answer me here i got the response from the support, but here it came out a new issue, i was unbanned but just my account and i updated my ticket but now is waiting for another agent to check it, i write with the idea of doing the request for me and also for my brother and sister, should i wait for another agent? I mean the new agent will be able to do this for my siblings or they must send a ticket with their respective accounts? We didn't wanna do that because we tought it was unnecessary.

I will make another concern about the subjet if you don't mind, Why is this social ban happening? I read a lot of different opinions about it like sending a lot of mails in game that could be take like spam or trading a lot of gold, we want to know to ensure that this won't happen again if is it possible. Thank you again!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there, your brother and sister should submit their own tickets so that our support team can look into this issue regarding their specific accounts.
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    Thank you!
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    Hey there, your brother and sister should submit their own tickets so that our support team can look into this issue regarding their specific accounts.

If is not a problem can you help them to get a reply because still there isn't any answer from the ticket support their tickets are #200604-009796 and #200604-009737. Thank you again
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DanielS4N

Thank you for the ticket numbers. Please check your forum inbox for an update to these tickets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    I'm reviving this thread because this happend again and i don't really know which admin is active i already send the same msg to bille but will set the the msg here just in case he's not active

Hello i'm writting becuase it happened again my siblings can't trade or interact with other ppl, the tickted that haven't been answered are 200604-009796 and 200604-009737 it's been 2 (two) weeks since they were send, one of them i believe is the second one, says that has been answered but there is no answer... nothing... and this again happend after we (3 players) played a dungeon (trial in this case) at the same time, after the dungeon we went out and they couldn't interact no more... we need a fix for this... is really getting very annoying.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DanielS4N

I've responded back to the PM you've sent me regarding these tickets.
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    6 days and still nothing, not even getting an agent for any of the tickets, isn't this taking too much? if this automatic ban ends like before it will happen again after that...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DanielS4N

Thanks for the update. I've sent you another PM regarding each of these tickets and the latest from our support team.
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    2 weeks now and still not agent assigned
    Edited by DanielS4N on July 6, 2020 3:11AM
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Poor customer service is endemic in a captive environment....
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    4 days more and still nothing? what is going on? my ticket was resolved pretty quick comparing to this ones, i mean why even an agent was assigned? i need to take another kind of actions?
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    kpr8tseloy5w.jpg

Here i'm again because now after more than a month since this issue was set at the support team, we got an answer from them on both tickets of which just one was resolved, at the image u can see all the time to take a response isn't a joke, it took more than a MONTH and after that the ticket #200604-009737 is not resolved at all it remains the same as before is this what an agent says to do his job? i mean come on... a month and it's same is like it never happen this a mmo and not been able to interact is just pointless, on that ticket all the thing was explain of how this ban came and this agent answer what he or she ever wants, saying that the ban is a result of spamming, and this is so funny because the account that's still banned is my sister's one and she doesn't even fully speak english (that's why i do this post on her representation) so because of that she doesn't spam nothing on zone chats or send mails to unknown people. So after all this said what's gonna happend? Does she gonna have to wait to a compentent agent to read her ticket? A whole month again to get an answer? There's gonna be any way of compensation because of this? I mean this is not our fault and i'm totally sure of that, is ur system ur planification and ur team at the support section.

And to all people that have this problem i will say that u don't have to update ur tickets if u want an answer because this set ur ticket at the end of the line, this is not said anywhere on the website and it should be said becuase we're not seers to know what u don't tell us.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DanielS4N

After checking on your ticket I can confirm that support recently responded and made changes to remove the social ban. Your reply back on the ticket was received that your still having the same issue. The ticket is still open so support will follow-up again to determine why you're still having this issue.
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :# yikes what a mess.
    PC-NA
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    It is what it is.... unfortunately ZOS has a fault/bug in their game - the unfortunate player (customer) gets a raw deal out of it.
    ZOS fail to communicate, fail to fix the problem, do NOT take ownership of the issue. Even worse there's no empathy or even an apology. If I did that to my customers I wouldn't be in business for long. As I said it's a captive audience - you're just an irritant to them. I really hope you get hold of a support person who actually cares, and sorts this travesty out.

And before you 'Stockholm Syndrome' white knight puppets out there start harping on about CoVID-19, this has been happening for YEARS.
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    Again reviving this threat, i'm really sick of it, i'm almost sure that the admins too but the thing is that the support team don't do their job how they suppose to do. Again my brother and sister got a social ban this is stupid. This time we're playing togheter doing harrowstorms, after a while we decide to leave to sell and trade between us a few recipes and things like that, but for our unpleasant susprise we couldn't, why? another social ban to them, not to me just them i will have to recall our previous ticket numbers >>> #200601-012644 >> This ticket was mine when we got this issue for the first time, the guy/lady who answer me this ticket and do the changes was totally right on the things done to avoid this issue in the future to my account, because it haven't happend to me since then, on the other hand for the tickets >>> 200604-009796 and 200604-009737 >>> is a different history, not only it took almost 1 and a half month to get an appropiate answer, but also the changes to avoid the problem to persist were a total failure. Now i want to know because we had to set new tickets, #200811-007465 and #200811-007523, who is gonna take this tickets? can't we get help from the agent who got my ticket the first time? is so hard to do that? becuase the another agents seems not qualified to solve this problem at all.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @DanielS4N. Tickets # 200811-007465 and 200811-007523 are still open and in the right place. While we can't guarantee the tickets will be handled by the same agent, someone from the Customer Support team will reach out soon.

We thank you for your patience as we are currently experiencing high ticket volume and wait times are longer.

Staff Post
  • lovi
    lovi
    I, and the rest of our family, also have this stupid social ban happening at least twice a year. For example when we get together with summer holidays or christmas and game from the same location.
    Every time we need to open tickets on every account and every time it's fixed a couple of days later, and every time we miss out on something/have to redo because we couldn't trade dungeon drops etc. It's extremely annoying.

Yes you have guessed correct, it's summer holidays, and we are gaming together from the same location again. And what happens social ban. My social ban is counting 3 days now without even a reply.

Can't guildbank, can't e-mail, can't trade etc. but YES the crown store works!!!!!!! It is not a coincidence that in the eso population the running joke is that atleast the crown store works.

I would love to see some good explanation why this social bans happens, because they never say it, just that the issue has been fixed is what they report.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three friends of ours in the same family also were social banned twice so far, so it’s obviously happening when a group of players are all playing from the same IP address. This directly points to a problem in their software. I can’t imagine any scenario where you would want to discourage a family playing together, especially during the pandemic, but ZOS has managed to do so. GG guys! @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BillE.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @lovi and @Ashtaris

Do you currently have tickets open regarding social bans?

If so, what are these ticket numbers?
    Staff Post
  • frozen1324
    frozen1324
    Soul Shriven
    I'm social banned yesterday, This is the second time since last week,and fifth time in three months.
    One of the group members who played with me is also banned.
    We don't live in the same place and we have different IPs.
    Pls someone tell me why this social ban happens and how could I fix this.
    MY ticket # is 200820-002457.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @frozen1324 we can confirm that this ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will be reaching out to you as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • lovi
    lovi
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @lovi and @Ashtaris

Do you currently have tickets open regarding social bans?

If so, what are these ticket numbers?

@ZOS_BillE Personally my account got resolved, however 2 accounts of my family members still are banned.

a) ticket 200815-001824, 200822-001705 on account A (family member 1)
    b) ticket 200822-001703 on account B (family member 2)

ticket b just got closed as duplicate with no resolve

Can't look at the moment cause server is down, but I'm guessing the above are not resolved as they are still under review
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Dude my main account is banned for like year, would even know if I wasn't checking my email lol and still not replied to the ticket
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @lovi

Please check your forum inbox for updates on these tickets.
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    9slg4th5z95z.jpg

The support team asked for a reply on their msg but sent the reply was never checked and a couple of days later (literally) another automatic ban. On both accounts.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DanielS4N

Which of your tickets was this reply in reference to?

We can take a look once we know which ticket to check.
    Staff Post
  • DanielS4N
    DanielS4N
    #200811-007465 and #200811-007523 This two, both recived the same answer and the same issue at the same time.