The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hostile to all option for Cryodiil, the change the pvp community needs.

• Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, seems like you want to create a "spoiler" faction which would be used to troll players in the other factions trying to play the campaign against each other. It would be abused to control the map if a guild joined the spoiler faction and decided to side with a regular faction.

Small missing key detail missing in this fever dream is that ALL players outside your group would be hostile on the non-faction. Meaning other small scales would target those small scales. The concept of them helping a specific faction while not generating points for them and also being attackable for them without a way to safely perform these things like they would with modern faction spies would be very intriguing and that would take some major coordination and skill to pull off... the most I could see out of it would be maybe gating a faction? but if one group could do that wouldn't they just do that better on their own faction?- regardless its definitely something to consider on the cons list. (Do clarify what you had in mind though)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hostile to all option for Cryodiil...
    Didn't we have such an idea recently?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/510238/cyrodiil-4th-faction-outlaws

But my take on it is still the same, as I mentioned before:
    As I always say when this one comes up : I am all for alliance change - If Done RIGHT!

And by that I don't mean some token that pops your character to a new alliance, I do indeed mean a whole guild-DLC sized questline with an cloak and dagger (Or since this is ESO, "hood and dagger", perhaps?) spycraft flavor and a "faction loyalty called in question" plot, where you get to make a big choice in the middle - stay loyal to your alliance and prove yourself, or turn your back on them and defect to greener pastures elsewhere...

With the second half (or two thirds, or whatever) of the questline being different depending on your choice - either uncovering the one who actually framed you, mobilize your old and trusted allies to gather support and track down the true conspiracy while dodging the agenrs sent to bring you in; or preparing your escape, dodging the agents sent to arrest you, courting your desired new friends while grabbing some juicy secrets on the way out to sweeten the deal, etc.

Such a story could have a neutral city as "spycraft" focal point (like vienna during the cold war, where spies and agents often went to spy hard between the two sides - for ESO it could be some place between the alliances, a former imperial town declared "free city" after the fall of the empire in northern nibenay, eastern colovia or western skyrim, perhaps, or even an post-anchorite-war isle of stirk...), but otherwise take you all over the old faction regions, possibly revisiting a few one-time-only maps with new mobs... and perhaps even meeting a few familiar faces (come on, wouldn't you love to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you hop on a boat bound to morrowind with Naryu? ;) )

Such a questline could even have special titles depending on what you choose... "[original faction] Loyalist" or "[original faction] Defector"... obviously it would be a one-time only event, thus making serial defectors that change alliance depending on which one is currently top in cyrodil that some people always fear when this topic comes up an impossibility.

And it also might have drawbacks for PvP, like... reduced AP gain for several months, since noone fully trusts a traitor... or maybe having to re-earn all the AP up to your current rank before you start progressing again, representing your efforts to convince your new allies of your trustworthyness... and definitely increased AP rewards if a member of your original faction takes you down, because...
    Star_wars_traitor_gif_by_mrarcadium-daafqoh.gif
    :)
    (there could even be a daily "hunt traitor" mission, and defectors from your PvP-characters alliance in cyrodil getting an visual clue while that mission is active...)

Also, this could be a option to add new factions to PvP. Like... have options to not just defect to one of the other two alliances, but also "go rogue" and join a new "Outlaw" faction (...black color and jolly roger flag, perhaps? Would be hostile to -every- other faction in cyrodil, and spawn at some new but unsecured base, thus very susceptible to enemy raids - trials of being an outlaw in the face of organized armies); or an "Imperial Remnant" faction (purple imperial diamond flag, spawning in some ill-secured legion base somewhere, possibly at the nibenay border, and also fighting everyone else, but turning all the "imperial" NPCs in cyrodil non-hostile?), or a "neutral" faction that is "yellow" to everyone (green flag and incapable of capturing locations, spawning at vasrious random merchant camps and such...)
    Might be too complicated, but would still be interesting!
    ...and that's still the best idea I can think of to get to any "fight everyone" PvP-faction! And more options besides...

Like I mentioned, ZOS could add several new options for players to indulge in!

There could be an "Imperial Loyalist" faction from a small, ill-secured camp on the Nibenay border, a "Reachmen Barbarian" faction coming from a lightly guarded northern mountain pass, a "Bandit Outlaw" faction spawning at a weakly defended small camp perhaps on the colovian border... (which would place them each bwteeen two alliance strongholds) - every one of those could have a "fight everyone else" setup.

And then they could also add a neutral "fight noone, non-hostile but attackable (yellow) for everyone" meachant faction that spawns at a random place somewhere, has no base of their own, cannot capture anything but is also ignored by the NPC guards... for those who want to try "opting out" of the PvP (which would be entirely reliant on other peoples goodwill - fitting, as that's always how it has been for people in a warzone, even if there are treaties that say for example priests or doctors/nurses or UN personell should not be attacked, on the battlefield those rules depend entirely on the soldiers that find one such holding to them... and some just don't) and just experience the PvE parts of cyrodil.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sorta sounds like it would need it's own Campaign, or a whole new map/mode.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    TLDR but we need justice system

Like we should be able to hunt down all the trolls and kill them

In the official NA PC discords we got a bounty system for just that! Ide love to see zenimax implement that in-game though.
    Edited by Carespanker on February 21, 2020 5:01PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, seems like you want to create a "spoiler" faction which would be used to troll players in the other factions trying to play the campaign against each other. It would be abused to control the map if a guild joined the spoiler faction and decided to side with a regular faction.

Small missing key detail missing in this fever dream is that ALL players outside your group would be hostile on the non-faction. Meaning other small scales would target those small scales. The concept of them helping a specific faction while not generating points for them and also being attackable for them without a way to safely perform these things like they would with modern faction spies would be very intriguing and that would take some major coordination and skill to pull off... the most I could see out of it would be maybe gating a faction? but if one group could do that wouldn't they just do that better on their own faction?- regardless its definitely something to consider on the cons list. (Do clarify what you had in mind though)

One other thing is in practice most small scalers don't fight each other out of "respect", they tend to just kite and strategically pick off those foolish enough to chase them.
    I get it, but I don't think competitive small scale will work till they add ranked solo/group arenas with ranked leader boards.
    Cyro is what it is AvAvA.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is designed as a 3 faction WAR. Not 3 factions broken into time platoons for small scale skirmishes.

A new zone, with a whole new lay out that accommodates guerilla tactics and small scale teams going against each other would likely be way better than to keep pounding at Cyrodiil to change it's intent.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    So if two groups on the same faction siege a keep they can unintendedlly kill each other with collateral damage? That does not seem productive.
    I believe you are missing the point of the whole thing, the point is to kill eachother... ya know Player vs Player?... instead of attacking doors?...- Its to appeal to people who want to fight other players, which is why taking keeps in general for them should feel unrewarding and not worth the effort for anything other than creating a spawn location. If they want to "be productive" thats what the factions would still be for.

I'm not missing the point, I'm saying that doing it in Cyrodiil would not work. The game would be unplayable and rendered redundant. Maybe having an IC instance with this mechanic would work?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    This sorta sounds like it would need it's own Campaign, or a whole new map/mode.

This is something I could agree with. I object to changing Cyrodiil in general or the main campaigns to implement it. As its own campaign ruleset where people can choose to fight alliance or non-faction instead of having it forced upon them or just a separate game mode, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

The only problem with doing it as a new campaign or mode is that the general PVP population has shrunk due to ZOS' apparent inability to fix performance issues. As we saw with Kaalgrontiid, players flock to where they can find other players to fight, even if they don't like the ruleset. So if the new campaign doesn't attract overwhelming numbers of players on all sides, it might stay dead and players who want to play non-faction might find themselves without many fights at all. That's the main incentive for players who want this to try to force the change into the main campaigns of Cyrodiil - at least then they get guaranteed players to fight.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 21, 2020 4:47PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

One other thing is in practice most small scalers don't fight each other out of "respect", they tend to just kite and strategically pick off those foolish enough to chase them.
    I get it, but I don't think competitive small scale will work till they add ranked solo/group arenas with ranked leader boards.

From my experience most small scalers have one person standing in the open who begs for a “fair” fight that’s “fair” right up to the point where his 2 friends murder you from stealth.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is designed as a 3 faction WAR. Not 3 factions broken into time platoons for small scale skirmishes.

A new zone, with a whole new lay out that accommodates guerilla tactics and small scale teams going against each other would likely be way better than to keep pounding at Cyrodiil to change it's intent.

Splitting up the PvP population to other zones isn't going to help the game.

Anyone can enter a war. Other Daedric Princes might see the chaos as an opportunity.

Example: World War II didn't start off as "World War 2: The Sequel". Other "factions" eventually joined in, and others split from their original alliances. Entire countries split up into smaller countries. War can evolve.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a complicated subject as those that enjoy small scale need to be satisfied as well as those that enjoy organized group play. The hard part is doing it in a way that is not at the expense of either play style because we have to face the fact that there are players that exist to troll and always find a way to do so.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    performance is the only thing they need to fix. i dont play in cyro and i wont play there because of lags so i dont care about keeps colors and additional factions.

And also maybe if they show they actually care about PvP by investigating and commenting on bugs such as https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512385/shocking-repeated-cheating-by-a-guild-pc-na-kaal/ and https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511054/laatvulon-another-dc-rollback
    Instead, they let the forums rage on about the unknowingly-rez-with-scroll bug. And don't even acknowledge that some people got rollbacks on their time in Cyrodiil.

Honestly it looks like open world PvP is abandoned and they should just make it another PvE zone. Less hassle.

• Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Can you give a TLDR summary please?

I promise I'll get back to reading in full at some point...

@Donny_Vito as requested a TL;DR:
    Problem: Cyrodiil is very laggy and almost unplayable due to the amount of faction stacking and zerging. (Its also dull due to not getting anything new other than siege devices and choke points.)

Solution: (Not another faction) The ability to remove your faction making you hostile to anyone outside of your group with imperial city island being their hub to inspire these small scale groups to cause trouble all over Cyrodiil to spread out the player base of these campaigns through more pvp encounters. Further details are seen above in the original post.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a complicated subject as those that enjoy small scale need to be satisfied as well as those that enjoy organized group play. The hard part is doing it in a way that is not at the expense of either play style because we have to face the fact that there are players that exist to troll and always find a way to do so.

Over my personal experience winning across all campaigns in PC NA, Ive come to realize that all types of players are needed to win a campaign; small scale, large scale, pugs, 1vxer's, trolls, zone generals, and so on. Even the players who don't play the map on your faction do their part for your faction as distractions for the other faction. As a good friend once said, "In Cyrodiil, we're all cogs in a clock and you need all the pieces to turn in the hands the right way." With that being said, I don't see it as adding more cogs to a working clock, I see it as making a whole new clock on its own. The zone trolls wont change you are right, but I'll tell you right now that a majority of them do just want to fight players with their friends and have a good time and giving them a place to do so would lessen their presence on your faction... and also add the plus side of being able to kill them after all these years.
    Edited by Carespanker on February 21, 2020 5:23PM
  • Dalarius_Avicius
    Alright, ill tackle these one a time. Please don't see this as disagreeing or attempting to disrespect any of you, im just debating my hypothetical fever dream here, and as stated above I value all opinions not just my own.
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Facw what all pv ... snip

you speak for yourself, not the community.
    i disagree with everything you suggest.

When I say I speak for the community I mean I speak for My community- which happens to be the majority of North America's guilds and gm's oddly enough... regardless, forgive me for that misconception. When I ask do you know what all pvpers want, i address it with the 3 things that all pvpers want (besides their servers to work) as stated in the first post; "to fight other players"- aka the definition of pvp, "to be rewarded for fighting players"- aka the motivation for pvping in the first place, and "for the content to be playable"- as in for it not to harm ability to pvp in the first place. If ya disagree with all three of those things then are you actually a pvper? and if claim so do you know what PVP means? Regardless for the rest of the post past that I do not speak for ALL pvpers, otherwise it would be their idea and ide be crediting them.
    furiouslog wrote: »
    So if two groups on the same faction siege a keep they can unintendedlly kill each other with collateral damage? That does not seem productive.
    I believe you are missing the point of the whole thing, the point is to kill eachother... ya know Player vs Player?... instead of attacking doors?...- Its to appeal to people who want to fight other players, which is why taking keeps in general for them should feel unrewarding and not worth the effort for anything other than creating a spawn location. If they want to "be productive" thats what the factions would still be for.

You also realize that Cyrodiil is designed and intended for faction v faction fights over keeps, resources, and scrolls that organically generate those player v player fights?

Tower farmers set up on resources because they know players will come there to recapture them.
    Ball groups set up in keeps or with scrolls because they know players will come there to recapture them.
    Fights generate around Alessia Bridge and Chalman Milegates because those are chokepoint locations between two important objectives. We don't see the same fights at Horunn milegate or the Bay Bridge.

Cyrodiil's objectives are designed to create PVP from a population that actually cares about working as a faction to win the campaign. As someone who does play to win the campaign, I can't complain about the quality of fights I find. There's plenty of Player v Player every time I go out to play even though because I'm doing plenty of fighting at and for objectives that are important for my faction. That's Cyrodiil working as intended. If you pick the important objectives (not just farming at some resource or out of the way keep), you'll never lack for good fights with other players.

Yes I do understand how Cyrodiil works, Ive been playing it for 6 years and I honestly believe we need less additions to the game that cause heavy zerg stacks, the "organic" nature of Cyrodiil itself is destroyed by the sheer amount of lag caused at these objects due to the way that they that the players use them for their best interest. Take milegate man for example, https://imgur.com/a/3BCxHGe using these objectives as they are intended are just a bigger lagfests of a faction stacks, the same could be said for volendrung and keep defense...

Cyrodiil's design itself is flawed for its own performance and I humbly suggest that one of the best ways to fix this would be to spread the player base out through the chaos that nonfaction players could provide through simply creating more pvp situations.
    Um, kindly don't lump me in with this "all PVPers" you say really want to play factionless PVP that really amounts to trolling the regular factions and leeching off the players who are actually fighting for their alliance.

This is basically the sort of PUG farming behavior we already see out of tower farming small scale and some ball groups farming in keeps or with scrolls writ large and devoid of even the minor fig leaf of benefiting your faction.

I'm not a fan of encouraging even more trolling in Cyrodiil and its clear that such is a feature of your idea, not a bug.

The thing is trolly players already troll their own factions though. Turn siege, steal scrolls to hand them off to their friends, and most importantly are toxic in chat... all these things would be avoided if they were not on your faction lol. As for pug farming, thats always going to be a thing as well... Instead of changing the player base to be pg rpers why not encourage more pvp in a pvp zone?

Sorry, but "Troll players will still troll your resources, keeps, and scrolls - in fact, they've got even more incentive to do it - but at least you won't have to listen to them in your own zone chat" is not actually a solution to less trolling in Cyrodiil. Particularly since scroll trolling on my own side can still happen - you assume that all the scroll trolling jerks would swap to play non-faction. Personally, I doubt it.

Furthermore, your "it'll encourage more PVP in a PVP zone" really tells me that it won't generate any more PVP for faction players. It'll generate more PVP for those non-faction players who now can fight anyone anywhere. But they are the only ones who are going to see a difference. (Kind of. You could could get effectively the same thing by taking an AD group way up into DC/EP territory and setting up shop there. Non-faction players just wouldn't have to work as hard.)

What it won't do is change anything for the remaining faction players. The non-faction players are just going to do the exact same things they did when they played for a certain faction. We'll still have the same tower farming groups hunting PUGs in ones and twosies until a group cleans them out. We'll still have enemy scroll groups trolling for AP. We'll still have groups trying to farm PUGs in keeps. We'll still have the same hanger-ons at the bridge fights trying to pick off stragglers. The ONLY difference is that they won't be red, blue, or yellow, and so they'll have zero incentive to do anything but farm until they get killed. There's no more PVP there for faction players than there was when those players fought under the colors of the enemy. Its the same old stuff from the same players who just won't be wearing a faction color.

I do agree that making a toxic elitest safe space would be one of the cons of this situation, but it will not change what they already do in cyrodiil currently so it wouldn't effect the current gameplay in that sense. Frankly it hurts more when your own faction is to blame for giving a scroll or volendrung away to the enemy. At least with this they'd have to fight their way through your faction to get their own agenda done.

There are trolls in every faction and there are those who will switch from Faction to Faction to "troll". They turn zone chat into a big memefest and spam FCs to the point where nobody cannot spawn one to actually use. I'm one of the GMs and solo/small scale PVPers that Care has spoken to about this 4th Faction idea, it was something I've been pondering about for the past year or so. It's doable, Planetside has something similar to it where they go to the weakest faction at the time but instead it can just be a completely separate faction. There won't be a lot of reward other than maybe extra AP from player kills (which will reinforce what the factionless faction is meant for). I play on DC and EP, but all the fights are on Kaal which is Faction locked. So I end up playing mostly on EP (that's my main faction) but I wanna play with my DC friends once in a while. BGs aren't really much of an option because they're honestly a joke and are not as dynamic as open world encounters, that's why solo and small scalers love Cyrodiil so much. I been playing the map for a very long time so I know many of ya'lls perspective, but I've also been playing solo/1vX/small scale for about 2 years now as well and I see their perspective, this isn't about "trolling" or being "elitist". It's about playing with friends regardless of "Faction Loyalty" and getting the best fights possible because at the end of the day it is PVP, as in "Player vs Player" not "Player vs Keep" and many of you seem to have forgotten that not all of us enjoy being in 24 man raids flipping keeps and resources for 6 years straight. Many of us want more than that and BGs are not the answer, we want fun fights with friends and get some incredible open world fights, not just the typical Pug stomping. That's all and again I don't always agree with Care but on this one I can agree 110% with him and I hope others realize this and agree with him as well so we can push the devs into this direction.
  • Dalarius_Avicius

This is something I could agree with. I object to changing Cyrodiil in general or the main campaigns to implement it. As its own campaign ruleset where people can choose to fight alliance or non-faction instead of having it forced upon them or just a separate game mode, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

The only problem with doing it as a new campaign or mode is that the general PVP population has shrunk due to ZOS' apparent inability to fix performance issues. As we saw with Kaalgrontiid, players flock to where they can find other players to fight, even if they don't like the ruleset. So if the new campaign doesn't attract overwhelming numbers of players on all sides, it might stay dead and players who want to play non-faction might find themselves without many fights at all. That's the main incentive for players who want this to try to force the change into the main campaigns of Cyrodiil - at least then they get guaranteed players to fight.

I honestly think Faction lock was just a bad idea in general, because players that want to switch factions will switch anyway but it'll take a month to do so. Nothing's changed except being stuck with Guilds like Yellow Fever or Vile on your faction for a while.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From my experience most small scalers have one person standing in the open who begs for a “fair” fight that’s “fair” right up to the point where his 2 friends murder you from stealth.

Idk anyone who actually does that, must be some bowtard or ganker or someone who really doesn't like you.

Go to any bridge and look right. There will inevitably be someone just standing on a rock about 100 yards away. Those guys. Happens every day on XBox.

If you are talking about people who sit in the outer ring for hours waiting for some merry band of players to walk by for small scaling I wouldn’t know because I’m playing objectives.
  • Dalarius_Avicius
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Facw what all pv ... snip

you speak for yourself, not the community.
    i disagree with everything you suggest.

He speaks for a fair amount of people, he doesn't just hop in forums and say things without getting input from people in the PVP community he's been able to get a hold of.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally removing faction lock is good enough for now. Let's not overcomplicate things, ZOS can't even keep up with their own game since 2014.
    To spread out players on the other hand, it is long overdue that group size finally gets limited!
    12 or even 8 should be the absolute limit, not frecking 24....
    Discourage zerging and the game would be in a better place!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that mean that if everyone decides to jump on the new faction, they would have no one to fight because everyone's on the new faction?

I think, why not create a new zone (that's as small as Bleakrock or Knenarthi's), and have it be a free for all deathmatch? There'll be some NPCs and their little villages, all the basic crafting areas, cool looking locations, a few merchant and banker NPCs etc (crafting, merchant, wayshrine, and bank areas will be immune areas. You also have a choice of several respawn locations throughout the island not just the wayshrine so that it will be more difficult to camp since it's not just a single spot every time).

Another PVP zone, but one that is so small that it won't take away from Cyrodiil so much, and also it wouldn't allow grouping so people who prefer groups would still be drawn to Cyrodiil.

There'll be island specific leaderboards and daily rewards through a daily board located there.

To tie it into the lore, perhaps make a statement that it's some sort of black market island, where skooma, gambling, and "to the death" illegal pit fighting is allowed to run rampant; a thief's and assassin's safe haven on Tamriel that has gone ignored by the alliances since the provinces are too busy fighting the actual war. There'll even be fences in plain sight and all that. And hired thugs *(this zone's version of guards) to make sure you don't steal anything from the skooma lords; keep people in their place in the pecking order and all that.

And since it isn't alliance based, I have to wonder if there can't be a new currency instead of alliance points. Or perhaps it will have alliance points anyways because I don't think BGs always pairs you up with your own alliance (does it??).
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Wouldn't that mean that if everyone decides to jump on the new faction, they would have no one to fight because everyone's on the new faction?

I think, why not create a new zone (that's as small as Bleakrock or Knenarthi's), and have it be a free for all deathmatch? There'll be some NPCs and their little villages, all the basic crafting areas, cool looking locations, a few merchant and banker NPCs etc (crafting, merchant, wayshrine, and bank areas will be immune areas. You also have a choice of several respawn locations throughout the island not just the wayshrine so that it will be more difficult to camp since it's not just a single spot every time).

Another PVP zone, but one that is so small that it won't take away from Cyrodiil so much, and also it wouldn't allow grouping so people who prefer groups would still be drawn to Cyrodiil.

There'll be island specific leaderboards and daily rewards through a daily board located there.

To tie it into the lore, perhaps make a statement that it's some sort of black market island, where skooma, gambling, and "to the death" illegal pit fighting is allowed to run rampant; a thief's and assassin's safe haven on Tamriel that has gone ignored by the alliances since the provinces are too busy fighting the actual war. There'll even be fences in plain sight and all that. And hired thugs *(this zone's version of guards) to make sure you don't steal anything from the skooma lords; keep people in their place in the pecking order and all that.

And since it isn't alliance based, I have to wonder if there can't be a new currency instead of alliance points. Or perhaps it will have alliance points anyways because I don't think BGs always pairs you up with your own alliance (does it??).

They would still be hostile to everyone outside their group, aka the fix to the worst-case scenario you listed. However, overpopulation of the non-faction party could pose a problem, but much like real factions, I would assume they would have a cap/que time like everyone else to fix this.

As for the making another zone topic I keep reading.. we already have 2 pvp zones (the other one being imperial city) one is dead 99% of the year outside of its own events. Adding another would probably kill the pvp community completely because we have already shrunk so much over the years. I wouldn't advise it... same goes for another campaign under a different mode, we can barely fill 3 lol.

I would, however, love to see a free for all arena added to the game at some point so I can finally 1v1v1v1v1v1- my entire guild. >:)
    Edited by Carespanker on February 21, 2020 6:32PM
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to violating our rules around baiting and generally being non-constructive. Please review our community rules when posting on the forums.
    Staff Post
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    snip.

They would still be hostile to everyone outside their group, aka the fix to the worst-case scenario you listed. However, overpopulation of the non-faction party could pose a problem, but much like real factions, I would assume they would have a cap/que time like everyone else to fix this.

As for the making another zone topic I keep reading.. we already have 2 pvp zones (the other one being imperial city) one is dead 99% of the year outside of its own events. Adding another would probably kill the pvp community completely because we have already shrunk so much over the years. I wouldn't advise it... same goes for another campaign under a different mode, we can barely fill 3 lol.

I would, however, love to see a free for all arena added to the game at some point so I can finally 1v1v1v1v1v1- my entire guild. >:)

But that's the thing; perhaps one of the reasons PVP in IC and Cyrodiil is dead isn't JUST because of the lag (although I'm sure that plays a part) but also because they aren't true deathmatches. I know we already have BGs' deathmatch, but there is no easy way to pick and choose your opponents and allies (Plus it's not a TRUE deathmatch since you still have teammates).

Even adding a small arena with no other added benefits besides killing each other (and maybe the prestige of being on a leader board) might be a welcome addition to the PVP community.

I should clarify that I'm not a PVPer; I prefer PVE. But it seems to me that a lot of PVP folks are unhappy, and I thought it would be nice to try and brainstorm a solution. By no means do I have any authority to speak on behalf of anybody or the PVP community, but I thought it might be fun to try and come up with some scenarios that might give PVPers some new content to enjoy. Hopefully, the new client we're downloading on Monday might help with some of the Cyrodiil lag.

...Also...even though I'm not terribly interested in PVP, I did think it might be a little fun to have free for all guild fights. Or at least watch them (we can have spectators in this theoretical arena, right? ) :P
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    The Dark Brotherhood should become active in Cyrodiil, putting bounties on leaderboard players
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea of having a factionless Cyrodiil option is fantastic for one particular idea of mine. If this is done, it will lay the groundwork for a special campaign for free for all pvp. Specifically, a battle royal mode. Imagine dropping from a dark anchor into Cyrodiil and then blasting your fellow players indiscriminately. I am all for having factionless pvp if it means guilds can organize group fights more easily. Play "tug of war" across a bridge for example. So many mass mini-games that people could actually develop as a result.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you don't understand the point of the type of PvP.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP does not need a griefer alliance. Pick a side.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime some one who states voledrung or (what ever the name is) was a bad idea is the same person who tries to grab the hammer and usually cant get it and then comes to the forum and types an essay on why it is bad.
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    I may have been a little buzzed in the intro of the video, BUT I DONT BELIEVE I WAS WRONG :)
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If so, can I have neutral to all option please?
    f1b6014cec980c6bdfbab5d32c68aa4c.jpg