The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hostile to all option for Cryodiil, the change the pvp community needs.

• justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lotus781 wrote: »
    My time spent in cyrodiil was being abused for not being at the same supreme lvl as the other elitist vets scurrying around, it was just a torrent of abuse.I can see why they gave this part of the game away for free who would pay for that?

Funny. Never had anything like that in Cyrodiil. The only time I'm subjected to that sort elitist behavior is from pathetic little try hards in veteran pug groups...
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe just make whole game pvp open... just need to be flagged like in WoW and thats it (I would still prefer to add new PvP zone, best the one I suggested in my thread and be done with Cyro and 3 sides)?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    furiouslog wrote: »
    So if two groups on the same faction siege a keep they can unintendedlly kill each other with collateral damage? That does not seem productive.
    I believe you are missing the point of the whole thing, the point is to kill eachother... ya know Player vs Player?... instead of attacking doors?...- Its to appeal to people who want to fight other players, which is why taking keeps in general for them should feel unrewarding and not worth the effort for anything other than creating a spawn location. If they want to "be productive" thats what the factions would still be for.

You also realize that Cyrodiil is designed and intended for faction v faction fights over keeps, resources, and scrolls that organically generate those player v player fights?

Tower farmers set up on resources because they know players will come there to recapture them.
    Ball groups set up in keeps or with scrolls because they know players will come there to recapture them.
    Fights generate around Alessia Bridge and Chalman Milegates because those are chokepoint locations between two important objectives. We don't see the same fights at Horunn milegate or the Bay Bridge.

Cyrodiil's objectives are designed to create PVP from a population that actually cares about working as a faction to win the campaign. As someone who does play to win the campaign, I can't complain about the quality of fights I find. There's plenty of Player v Player every time I go out to play even though because I'm doing plenty of fighting at and for objectives that are important for my faction. That's Cyrodiil working as intended. If you pick the important objectives (not just farming at some resource or out of the way keep), you'll never lack for good fights with other players.

Define good fights

Hit Arrius/Glademist/Faregyl. A good fight will come and find you very quickly. All over the place, suddenly and violently. :)

So fight in an out of the way keep or some random resources. Which is actually the exact thing he said not to do to get "good fights" 😂

wut
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last clip needs to be archived carefully in a secure storage, because I don't think I've ever seen Fengrush laugh so hysterically before.

As for the faction thing. I think if it's done right it could work out. WoW has a similar "Mercenary" thing for their battlegrounds, so when you're having trouble finding matches, you can merc for a different faction and get in straight away. Could help with moving populations in Cyro to balance them out when things are one-sided.
    Perhaps when the numbers are unfair, the lower pop factions could hire Mercs to fill their ranks and offer a small reward if you manage to help them come back.
    People generally flock to the winning side because there's more AP gain when you're not constantly getting run over, so if Mercs could get a little something by participating it might encourage people to help the losing side out.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it. I'd like to kill my own faction too.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no lore reason that would speak against a deserter faction.

However, since most real PvP players WOULD fight THAT way, the deserters would become the strongest faction, roflstomping the poor faction pride amateurs. Soon all other players would be driven away by multiple guild groups camping right outside (or on the roofs) of their homekeeps.

Therefore, a guild member suggested that only solo players should be able to become rogue players, and that they should be unable to form a group as long as they are renegades.
    Edited by Thraben on May 20, 2020 1:20AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game doesn't work and there hasn't been a new PvP feature since Morrowind with bgs, and look how poorly that turned out btw. Yet, your still dreaming about game changing feature additions to a feature, Cyrodiil, that hasn't changed since launch? Lol, ESO isn't a PvP game, but have you checked out the new pet in the cash shop?
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall