The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Share Your Favorite PvP Toxicity

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Toxicity : our community has it, we love it, let's share it! This little snippet comes from a recent Domination match in Battlegrounds. What colorful ideas this person had! The only thing that astounds me more than their keen insight into human nature is the knowledge that in just two short years they're going to graduate high school and be expected to contribute to society.

bvUVqxQ.png

Oh and no worries, we won the match handily.
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u care about people????? OMGLOL

MAGA

;)

Sadly, attitudes such as this are not uncommon in society.
    Edited by zyk on June 12, 2018 7:39PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite toxicity is when people try to pretend teabagging is anything other than trolling and attach their own agenda to push their twisted personal views.

I’d argue you’re by far the more toxic person here because you’re telling someone who paid for this game how you expect them to play it then trying to get attention on forums for it.

It’s clear you engaged this person not the other way around
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 12, 2018 7:59PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is people running in ballgroups ruining the game for everyone else.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, toxicity is funny? how ironic.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    My favorite toxicity is when people try to pretend teabagging is anything other than trolling and attach their own agenda to push their twisted personal views.

I’d argue you’re by far the more toxic person here because you’re telling someone who paid for this game how you expect them to play it then trying to get attention on forums for it.

@Lexxypwns

What a silly comment. Teabagging is against ToS, if you can't handle that then don't pay for a game with social expectations. ;)

Additionally, the person who teabags is literally the one engaging first. That's how time works, not my fault. Much like how I posted this thread and then you responded to it, there's an order to which events occurred. And the content of that response is quite telling. You have in the image someone who literally espouses the view that caring about people is naive and childish, but think the more toxic person is the one starting a discussion about it. You want to talk about twisted personal views with that kind of attitude? Awful.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Since I paid an eso account to get into these forums, is it ok for me to insult you?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CyrusArya tell your story again! XD
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbagging isn't offensive to me, personally, at all. But after Recremen and others calmly explained why it can be problematic for them, I think the decent thing to do is to show restraint. Obviously ZOS agrees.

With that said, I understand it remains contentious to avoid tbagging to, most likely, a majority of PVP players for whatever reason.

Still, did you read the entire exchange? "you care about people in the game? LOL" " that's naive and childish" "REAL adults will take advantage of u."

I encounter attitudes like this everywhere and it's disturbing.
    Edited by zyk on June 12, 2018 8:40PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

@Lexxypwns

What a silly comment. Teabagging is against ToS, if you can't handle that then don't pay for a game with social expectations. ;)

Additionally, the person who teabags is literally the one engaging first. That's how time works, not my fault. Much like how I posted this thread and then you responded to it, there's an order to which events occurred. And the content of that response is quite telling. You have in the image someone who literally espouses the view that caring about people is naive and childish, but think the more toxic person is the one starting a discussion about it. You want to talk about twisted personal views with that kind of attitude? Awful.

It is not against ToS. That’s been confirmed by customer support staff. Stop with the propaganda.

@zyk @Etaniel he opened communication with this person then went on to mock them on the forums. This person did not reach out to him or initiate this contact. They’re obviously on the same team and @Recremen is obviously harassing him while coming here to paint the picture otherwise and insinuate the other person is being toxic when he’s clearly the toxic individual in this exchange regardless of the intelligence level of the person he’s harassing. Unbelievable that I’m the only one that sees this.

Edit: if he t bagged @Recremen and then @Recremen chose to engage this discussion that’s different. Instead @Recremen is harassing him then coming here to mock him and relish in further harassing this player
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 12, 2018 8:54PM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, for sure.

The other day we had a lowby in group. Picture this: 49 CP Khajiit Stamblade with an xbox gamertag worthy @name. Bow light attack sniper. xD. Not knocking the guy, hes very inexperienced in PvP. Just setting the context.

So we're looking for some fights and see that a scroll is sitting stationary off the second bridge south of Alessia. Figure someones trying to farm with it so we head that way. What we found was an unguarded, abandoned Elder Scroll floating in the slaughterfish infested waters. So Reddington started trying to convince the lowby to swim out there and grab the scroll. This is a rough transcript of the conversation that followed:

Red: Yeah man, just swim out there and grab it you’ll be a hero
    Lowby: ok *** yeah let’s do this
    Me: (oblivious to the trolling) But won’t he die to the slaughter fish?
    Lowby: huh?
    Red: Wait, are you a khajiit or argonian? (Clearly a khajiit)
    Lowby: Khajiit mayne
    Red: (reassuringly) Ohhhhh, yeah man no worries you got "that passive". You can just swim out there and snatch it right up!
    Lowby: I’ll be extra careful and jump from the bridge right on top of it!
    Elder Scroll: resets back to temple
    Lowby: it disappeared, did we take too long?
    Red: Nah man it just cloaked (LOL), you’re good it’ll reveal itself if you land on it
    Me: choking back tears

Lowby jumps from the bridge and dies while trying to swim back to the shore. xD.

Was some quality banter. We also told him to teabag and then bow light attack the corpse of every single person we killed. Had me in stitches all night.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns

You kind of sound like a crazy. It's just a game, get over yourself.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Haha, for sure.

The other day we had a lowby in group. Picture this: 49 CP Khajiit Stamblade with an xbox gamertag worthy @name. Bow light attack sniper. xD. Not knocking the guy, hes very inexperienced in PvP. Just setting the context.

So we're looking for some fights and see that a scroll is sitting stationary off the second bridge south of Alessia. Figure someones trying to farm with it so we head that way. What we found was an unguarded, abandoned Elder Scroll floating in the slaughterfish infested waters. So Reddington started trying to convince the lowby to swim out there and grab the scroll. This is a rough transcript of the conversation that followed:

Red: Yeah man, just swim out there and grab it you’ll be a hero
    Lowby: ok *** yeah let’s do this
    Me: (oblivious to the trolling) But won’t he die to the slaughter fish?
    Lowby: huh?
    Red: Wait, are you a khajiit or argonian? (Clearly a khajiit)
    Lowby: Khajiit mayne
    Red: (reassuringly) Ohhhhh, yeah man no worries you got "that passive". You can just swim out there and snatch it right up!
    Lowby: I’ll be extra careful and jump from the bridge right on top of it!
    Elder Scroll: resets back to temple
    Lowby: it disappeared, did we take too long?
    Red: Nah man it just cloaked (LOL), you’re good it’ll reveal itself if you land on it
    Me: choking back tears

Lowby jumps from the bridge and dies while trying to swim back to the shore. xD.

Was some quality banter. We also told him to teabag and then bow light attack the corpse of every single person we killed. Had me in stitches all night.

Too lit
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zyk @Etaniel he opened communication with this person then went on to mock them on the forums. This person did not reach out to him or initiate this contact. They’re obviously on the same team and @Recremen is obviously harassing him while coming here to paint the picture otherwise and insinuate the other person is being toxic when he’s clearly the toxic individual in this exchange regardless of the intelligence level of the person he’s harassing. Unbelievable that I’m the only one that sees this.

Edit: if he t bagged @Recremen and then @Recremen chose to engage this discussion that’s different. Instead @Recremen is harassing him then coming here to mock him and relish in further harassing this player

I don't see Recremen's comments as harassment. I can see how they could catch someone off guard, but the other party escalated it.
    You kind of sound like a crazy. It's just a game, get over yourself.

And you sound like you could use a little more empathy.

When I first heard that there were players who weren't just offended by tbagging, but actually adversely affected, it took me a few moments to digest it, but after Recremen explained why, it made perfect sense to me.

It can trigger a PTSD response in some people, probably more than you realize, so just like in real life, you should show restraint unless you know you're with people who are okay with it. That's basic decency. Just like you don't mock a war veteran with faux bomb explosions, you don't mock victims of sexual assault with faux tbags.

And no, the expectation isn't that people who have suffered traumas should be socially isolated so others are completely free to do anything they want. Now, perhaps someone at risk of being triggered by faux bomb explosions should avoid war games, but this isn't a game about tbagging.

I think he deserves a lot of respect for standing up for himself and others impacted negatively.
    Edited by zyk on June 12, 2018 9:13PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns

It is not against ToS. That’s been confirmed by customer support staff. Stop with the propaganda.

It has been confirmed as being against ToS when people were banned for it, how about you stop with the propaganda?

As for the exchange in the screencap, all names are blocked out. There is a near zero chance that the person in question is even on the forums, let alone remembers the conversation. Maybe lighten up and post your favorite toxic PvP moment, eh?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've literally never heard of somebody getting banned for teabagging. I've seen post people's IRL addresses before in zone chat and still not get banned.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lexxypwns

It has been confirmed as being against ToS when people were banned for it, how about you stop with the propaganda?

As for the exchange in the screencap, all names are blocked out. There is a near zero chance that the person in question is even on the forums, let alone remembers the conversation. Maybe lighten up and post your favorite toxic PvP moment, eh?

I did then you harassed me for it.

What your anecdote likely shows is that you were a victim of a direct patern of harassment whereby T bagging was the primary interaction. Having made your feelings on T bagging abundantly clear and being continually t bagged by specific players who were then warned to stop T bagging YOU specifically and continued with their actions 100% deserves a ban. But you’re using that to imply that at its basic level T bagging is against the TOS which is simply false. I know for sure T bagging is ok. The burden of proof is on you here because you made the initial outlandish claim
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 12, 2018 9:41PM
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    My fav is when the rando in town who invites me to duel absolutely loses his *** when he loses said duel. "Let me switch characters!" "Fight me 1v1 in kyne." "Cp trash!" Good times!
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite type of toxic players try to 1 v x (or some v x ) a larger group, fail to do so then hate tell for being zerged down.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When somebody says you got exposed and I'm sitting there thinking... wait, i'm 'exposed' worthy? I take it as a compliment.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My faves are the small-man groups of 'good' players' who either only troll resources, zerging down soloers who show up (but don't think they are zerging anyone cus they are 'small-scalers'.

Or even better, those who try to engage a frontline zerg which is attacking a keep(not even their faction), fail numerous times, and eventually 'win' (often because of the keep defenders), and then proceed to chase the lone survivor half-way across the map to then send whispers along the lines of - 'you deserved that - zergling'..

Basically Hypocrasy - ie. anyone who say they hate being zerged, but then does it themselves (but in a small organised group kind of way)
    Edited by Biro123 on June 13, 2018 12:07PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP brings the worst out in players, and the things being written in chat can be downright scary, but sometimes nice things do happen as well. My first enemy player whisper after a fight was actually a nice message about my healing:

r7oVbmj.png

I may have been lying dead on the ground, but I was kinda happy :sweat_smile:
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come for the PVP.
    Stay for the Toxicity.

PVP would be terrible without it. It's an integral part of the game by now.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It can trigger a PTSD response in some people, probably more than you realize, so just like in real life, you should show restraint unless you know you're with people who are okay with it. That's basic decency. Just like you don't mock a war veteran with faux bomb explosions, you don't mock victims of sexual assault with faux tbags.

This is true not only about t-bags but any kind of toxicity. Most people who enjoy trash talking, flaming, shaming, insulting don't really know the player on the receiving end and what he is going through in his personal life. Some comments can look harmless but have a huge impact. Always use your judgement. Don't bash on people to make you look better.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was once called gay, in a very rude manner I might add, cause a blue was killed by me and this random. This person went on to insult me, the random, my mother... I think he even said said something about intercourse? Not sure, its been so long.

I had fun killing him inside his own keep over and over.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was once called gay, in a very rude manner I might add, cause a blue was killed by me and this random. This person went on to insult me, the random, my mother... I think he even said said something about intercourse? Not sure, its been so long.

TBF you do sound like a bit of an A-Hole.
    Edited by dtsharples on June 13, 2018 3:22PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard for me to say ps4 na pvp is all toxic so it's hard to choose lol
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

TBF you do sound like a bit of an A-Hole.

Eh, I won't lie. I can be a jerk at times. Though how couldn't you be if some stranger came along and insulted your mother. B)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you t-bag while zerging I will report you :(

If you use /kissthis I will send you a friend request :D
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've decided to close this thread due to derailing and baiting comments. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.