The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

graphic stutter on PC EU after the Summerset launch

• VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Freezes and temporary drop to 18-26 fps (usually 60-90) on my GTX 970. :'(
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have it now near any wayshrine in Summerset. Don't even need to have used it, I walk past one and I get a freeze.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone who is experiencing graphical stuttering after the Summerset update, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully up to date. If you've updated drivers and still experience stuttering, please start a ticket with customer support and include a game consultant report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Still have it today, same fps sudden drops and thus stuttering all over the map, any map. Seems to be a little better indoors, but not stable.
    My drivers are up to date and everything is fine our side. It's the Summerset update that seems to have screwed us over.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For anyone who is experiencing graphical stuttering after the Summerset update, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully up to date. If you've updated drivers and still experience stuttering, please start a ticket with customer support and include a game consultant report.

Updated today, I get stutters near wayshrines and now it seems like it's random also.

Also Summerset cities look dreadful, stairs are flickering in the background. Didn't have any trouble before the update and all the other zones looked great.
    PC EU
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

I have submitted the ticket and attached the game consultant report.
    I hope you help all of us out, otherwise it's problematic to enjoy the game as we used to before this update.
    Thank you.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

Updated today, I get stutters near wayshrines and now it seems like it's random also.

Also Summerset cities look dreadful, stairs are flickering in the background. Didn't have any trouble before the update and all the other zones looked great.

They do flicker, those stairs. And sometimes I get momentary rubberbanding, which never ever happened before Summerset.
    This is just plain frustrating. No mood to play and see all that crap happening.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My drivers are up to date and same issue.

I undergo HUGE fps drops, from 80 to 7 that freeze my game every now and then. In Summerset above all.

EDIT: PC EU
    Edited by SpiderCultist on May 23, 2018 6:00AM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Eyran
    Eyran
    ✭✭

@ZOS_BillE I'll make a ticket as well. Always keep my PC up to date on the driver front.
    I've played yesterday morning before the patch (I live in Europe so server where taken down at 10 AM) and then logged in after you guys applied the patch and the issue was present. So to me that fact alone points to the fact that the patch caused these issues
  • Gurnolla
    Gurnolla
    Soul Shriven
    The stutter started after the 4.04 patch on the pc-na pts. I was running on ultra without issue before the stuttering began. I reset all game settings to defaults and restarted the client. The stuttering remains.

win7u 6.1.7601
    i7 4770K
    asus z87 mobo w/16Gb
    nv gtx760 w/4Gb driver ver.397.64
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    I know it might sound silly but has anyone deleted the usersettings.ini since the update?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jasann wrote: »
    I know it might sound silly but has anyone deleted the usersettings.ini since the update?

Yes my thought too. I know many ran SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0", or 4 or similar. Do you guys still have that in your UserSettings.txt files?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jasaan should we delete that file, if we are experiencing these freezes? not very compuer savvy, but I've been having that stuttering described, and I removed the addons to see if that would help, but haven't deleted any actual files. Any help greatly appreciated!
  • dalgrimar187
    dalgrimar187
    Soul Shriven
    I did delete the usersettings after the patch.
    Didnt make anny difference.
    Cyro fps drops are crazy to.
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    It was just an idea with the change of core code in it
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I have another similar FPS issues ever since I fresh installed Windows 10, 1803. I would load-up ESO but my FPS rate would be total crap, like 15fps, even on the char selection screen. When I proceed to load the game, even in old areas like Stonefalls the low fps rate persists. Interestingly enough, minimizing the game and maximizing it (playing fullscreen) fixed the fps rate immediately for a minute or so... but should I use a wayshrine or door.. basically anything that loads a new area or major assets the low fps rate returns, only yet again to be fixed by doing in a min/max.

It feels like I'm playing a 4 year old game still in beta. I didn't have this issue prior to upgrading to the latest Windows release and I had older drivers.

The only change being I re-installed Windows April 2018 and are running NV 391.35

Sure, I got an old 460GTX SLI setup, but it feels like Im suddenly running on half the power of my one GPU.
    All my other games runs just as well as they did before.

This is before the Summerset launch.. Im at the moment still downloading it.
    Edited by Korax on May 22, 2018 9:24PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've assumed it was just due to the increase in server load from folks wanting to play the new chapter, but I'm experiencing occasional stutter also.
  • dalgrimar187
    dalgrimar187
    Soul Shriven
    Its also not just stutter.
    In cyro i get micro freezes to.
    Like 1-2second freeze.
    I never had this before.
    It started after summerset patch.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Its also not just stutter.
    In cyro i get micro freezes to.
    Like 1-2second freeze.
    I never had this before.
    It started after summerset patch.

Yep, I got the freezes too. Mostly just stuttering, though. But sometimes fps drops so suddenly and so low that it freezes me. One time it froze so bad it kicked me out instead of unfreezing.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new, just classic. In Sunday all work good, I have 50-60 fps in cyro fights. In Monday I have 20 fps doing craft writs in craglorn.
    Any update zenimax give us laggyzation for a few weeks. And an everyday maintances.
    You know, ouroboros on game icon it's not coincidence. It's a symbol. Symbol of endless lags. They fix 2 month, all good working for 1 month. They do update, all broke, same lags bags etc. Repeat.
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    I made video so Zos can see it, this never ever happened before this patch :(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSz0px5Pj8
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Silent84 wrote: »
    I made video so Zos can see it, this never ever happened before this patch :(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCSz0px5Pj8

Yes, that's exactly what I'm having. Stutter and momentary pauses. Anywhere in the world, not just new zone. One time that pause lasted a few seconds and then the game kicked me out to my desktop. Just like that.
    Never happened before this May 21 patch.
    Thank you for the video, hope they watch it.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People in chat told me a lot of crap but it seems the stutter problem is not mine alone. Had minor stutters in beta but nothing as bad as now. I literally go a number of feet during a freeze. Bad enuf being lagged to death, but this only happening since patch. Never had it on live w/o Summerset. I don't have Summerset.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm experiencing the same issue, mostly while mounting/running, and sometimes the stutter is so bad I can't see where I'm going for a few seconds. I play on low settings, and I never had this happening to this extent before Summerset.
  • Eyran
    Eyran
    ✭✭
    Kainarel wrote: »

Yes, that's exactly what I'm having. Stutter and momentary pauses. Anywhere in the world, not just new zone. One time that pause lasted a few seconds and then the game kicked me out to my desktop. Just like that.
    Never happened before this May 21 patch.
    Thank you for the video, hope they watch it.

Good video. Shows the problem as it is. I was watching one of Jonlaw's streams and I can tell he is having the same issue. Maybe it doesn't bother him but it's clearly there.
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many of you have NVidia cards? I have been having this issue and disabling gsync helped to a point... less massive dips in FPS when in crowded areas.. instead of crumbling to 30 fps more like 50. I have a Ryzen @ 3.9 across all cores w/1080Ti.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted User settings and disabled all my add-ons and it seems to have stopped the full freezing and severe stutters. Going to go through each add-on to see if it returns.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. wavingblue
      wavingblue
      ✭✭✭✭
      FYI, if issues can only be researched from tickets, when tickets are not reviewed they can't be looked at.
    2. TheMage
      TheMage
      The same problem. GTX 1070 16Gb, Windows 10 x64, latest drivers.

Freezing in any locations after Summerset update, this was not before.

I noticed that the fewer people, the less freezes, so this is not a video card problem, I guess.
      Edited by TheMage on May 23, 2018 9:51PM
    3. seipher09
      seipher09
      ✭✭✭✭
      My fps has deceased and I'm getting about half second freezes quite often which is getting annoying as well. Started after the summerset patch as well.