The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another call to nerf Zaan

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    But wouldn't the addon show separated hits if it is actually 2 hits? Either way, 12k unavoidable dmg form a proc is still far from balanced...

Unavoidable????

Literally just move the OTHER DIRECTION.

Your a nb so hit CLOAK 1 time, instant relief even if your marked or Fear + dodgeroll, ez way to get out of it.

Your getting hit with 12k cause you have stood in its range for 4 and 5 seconds.

Watch the Video and then talk about walking out of range or cloaking it. It's absurd to deal 2x the damage of an ultimate and a high damage spammable with what is considered "the weak ticks"

High damage spammable? lol...

I cloak out of zaan ALL the time. Its really not that hard and if they mage light me guess what I hit my fear and dodge roll or I use cripple then I dodge roll, its really not that hard to get out of it I know cause I have gotten out of it a ton and when using it there are players who will clearly stand in it expecting not to die then they do and their are players who clearly make a play to get out of it and they end up countering it pretty much every time.

Troll King and calruuruins are 2 sets off the top of my head that are over performing wayyyy more then zaan.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 25, 2018 3:12PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat log addons would always show the actual numbers, even if i'm desynced, so those were the first 3 ticks.
    12k dmg instead of the bugged 23k, i stand corrected on this point if BohnT is right, but still unavoidable in this case. The first 2 ticks are pretty much always going to land, the 3rd can be ensured with cc.
    Edited by Rianai on April 25, 2018 3:19PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But wouldn't the addon show separated hits if it is actually 2 hits? Either way, 12k unavoidable dmg form a proc is still far from balanced...

Unavoidable????

Your a nb so hit CLOAK 1 time, instant relief even if your marked or Fear + dodgeroll, ez way to get out of it.

Your getting hit with 12k cause you have stood in its range for 4 and 5 seconds.

Watch the Video and then talk about walking out of range or cloaking it. It's absurd to deal 2x the damage of an ultimate and a high damage spammable with what is considered "the weak ticks"

I cloak out of zaan ALL the time. Its really not that hard and if they mage light me guess what I hit my fear and dodge roll or I use cripple then I dodge roll, its really not that hard to get out of it I know cause I have gotten out of it a ton and when using it there are players who will clearly stand in it expecting not to die then they do and their are players who clearly make a play to get out of it and they end up countering it pretty much every time.

Troll King and calruuruins are 2 sets off the top of my head that are over performing wayyyy more then zaan.

Yes concealed weapon is a high damage spammable that's reaches higher tooltip values than Suprise attack on most builds what's even more ridiculous is that incap was part of that burst. A freaking ultimate deals less damage than the average tick of this set tell me how this is balanced?
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

Yes concealed weapon is a high damage spammable that's reaches higher tooltip values than Suprise attack on most builds what's even more ridiculous is that incap was part of that burst. A freaking ultimate deals less damage than the average tick of this set tell me how this is balanced?

"average tick"

Maybe because that ult is what KNOCKED the player down and buffed the further damage by 20%.

A ult that buffs your next attacks is commonly out damaged by THE NEXT ATTACK, thats kinda the idea in how its supposed to work.

• drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    How about we stop nerfinng everything we don't like and start buffing stuff?
    Edited by drake88131 on April 25, 2018 3:22PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Maybe because that ult is what KNOCKED the player down and buffed the further damage by 20%.

A ult that buffs your next attacks is commonly out damaged by THE NEXT ATTACK, thats kinda the idea in how its supposed to work.

And you don't see the issue that the two main damage skills only did a small fraction of the actual damage dealt?
    You don't see the problem that by simply equipping a 2pc set you force players to stop anything they do to have a chance to survive, which they don't because no one will let them counter something that is so much stronger than any ult in this game.

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    drake88131 wrote: »
    How about we stop nerfinng everything we don't like and start buffing stuff?
    That's not how balance works. You don't buff all other things when it's just a handful of thing that have to be nerfed.
    Also if we buffed everything to the level of Zaan we can stop playing this game as all encounters look like this
    Player 1 attacks player 2
    Both explode in one second with no counterplay
    #balanced
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

And you don't see the issue that the two main damage skills only did a small fraction of the actual damage dealt?
    You don't see the problem that by simply equipping a 2pc set you force players to stop anything they do to have a chance to survive, which they don't because no one will let them counter something that is so much stronger than any ult in this game.

1.Concealed is not HIGH damage no matter what you say,
    2.The player in that clip is magika based and using incap strike(not the magika intended morph), its not going to hit as hard as a stamblades thats stacking damage,crit and a high stam pool.
    3. Incap strike for a magblade is a Defile, Stun, and Damage buff, and meduim damage. not your 1 shotter.
    4. A player doesn't need to "stop anything they do to have a chance to survive", a player literally needs to use cloak, clense, streak, or any cc/snare+1 dodge roll. I would know cause thats exactly how I have escaped it a dozen times. The problem isn't the set, like all things new it will take time for you to get used too. Better pvpers have already adapted to countering it. You simply have not.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

2.The player in that clip is magika based and using incap strike(not the magika intended morph), its not going to hit as hard as a stamblades thats stacking damage,crit and a high stam pool.
    3. Incap strike for a magblade is a Defile, Stun, and Damage buff, and meduim damage. not your 1 shotter.
    4. A player doesn't need to "stop anything they do to have a chance to survive", a player literally needs to use cloak, clense, streak, or any cc/snare+1 dodge roll. I would know cause thats exactly how I have escaped it a dozen times. The problem isn't the set, like all things new it will take time for you to get used too. Better pvpers have already adapted to countering it. You simply have not.

[edited to remove baiting comment]
    Concealed weapon is a high damage spammable it does more damage than Suprise attack which is also a high damage spammable.
    You know how much difference swapping incap with soul harvest does? Not more than 600-800 damage for most builds.
    So your set should be a 1 shotter?
    Stop spreading those false information. A dodge roll doesn't bring you out of zaans range also great to see that the guy in the vid used magelight before to negate an upcoming cloak, one class has access to purge and the guy getting hit with Zaan has more than 5 debuffs on him:
    Major defile, vulnerability, triple poisons, Zaan and siphoner aswell as magelight.
    So you have 8 debuffs and you can either pray that you can remove Zaan in the first attempt or you'll die because you can't heal in the second you use purge.
    Also how long was this "fight" ? Not even 3 seconds but yeah keep on thinking Zaan is balanced if you ever come to pc EU i'll be glad to show you the balanced state of zaan.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 30, 2018 9:42PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

[edited to remove baiting comment]
    Concealed weapon is a high damage spammable it does more damage than Suprise attack which is also a high damage spammable.
    You know how much difference swapping incap with soul harvest does? Not more than 600-800 damage for most builds.
    Stop spreading those false information. A dodge roll doesn't bring you out of zaans range also great to see that the guy in the vid used magelight before to negate an upcoming cloak, one class has access to purge and the guy getting hit with Zaan has more than 5 debuffs on him:
    Major defile, vulnerability, triple poisons, Zaan and siphoner aswell as magelight.
    So you have 8 debuffs and you can either pray that you can remove Zaan in the first attempt or you'll die because you can't heal in the second you use purge.
    Also how long was this "fight" ? Not even 3 seconds but yeah keep on thinking Zaan is balanced if you ever come to pc EU i'll be glad to show you the balanced state of zaan.

You cleary have no pvp experience.

If you watch that footage carefully right before he dies you can see his character speeding up, this is because he was desynched for a long time and only reconnected right as he was dead.

In the video were you see the first attack happening he is already actually dead. His client has not caught up to the server and in the process of it catching up is why you see the fight take place over such a short period of time. This is why he dies not even being able to fully turn around. It has nothing to do with zaan, he is disconnected from the server and reconnecting. When you reconnect to the server you see everything that has happened while you were disconnected but you see it all very fast over the span of a few seconds in a fast forward manor. It in reality took him longer to die.

And once again, Fear + dodgeroll would break zaan even if magelighted, I would know cause I have already stated I have broken zaan's tether this way before. And the mage light is more likely used to find him in stealth not the sole purpose of keeping a AFK player from using cloak.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 30, 2018 9:43PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

If you watch that footage carefully right before he dies you can see his character speeding up, this is because he was desynched for a long time and only reconnected right as he was dead.

In the video were you see the first attack happening he is already actually dead. His client has not caught up to the server and in the process of it catching up is why you see the fight take place over such a short period of time. This is why he dies not even being able to fully turn around. It has nothing to do with zaan, he is disconnected from the server and reconnecting. When you reconnect to the server you see everything that has happened while you were disconnected but you see it all very fast over the span of a few seconds in a fast forward manor. It in reality took him longer to die.

And once again, Fear + dodgeroll would break zaan even if magelighted, I would know cause I have already stated I have broken zaan's tether this way before. And the mage light is more likely used to find him in stealth not the sole purpose of keeping a AFK player from using cloak.

Right it has nothing to do with Zaan that he took 23k damage from it. Must have been the Wind or something i guess.

Also you can clearly see he wasn't afk as he's walking around before getting hit by everything.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 30, 2018 9:43PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same old "lets nerf something type threads"
    really getting old with these types of threads from the same people every day.

the only way people die to this 5 pc set is because they dont move, if you snare, or root or knock someone down for the full duration of this set that is the only way you will die.

and to me that is balanced because everyone Can move and get out of the way of it in pvp.

its balanced, and infact i dont even see people wearing it in pvp.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the only way people die to this 5 pc set is because they dont move, if you snare, or root or knock someone down for the full duration of this set that is the only way you will die.

and to me that is balanced because everyone Can move and get out of the way of it in pvp.

Maybe you don't see it because your stamnb doesn't use a shield?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you don't see it because your stamnb doesn't use a shield?

if you just stand there and dont move "yes" it is going to kill you.
    if you stand there and " block" it is going to kill you.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Dude you're a joke.

Right it has nothing to do with Zaan that he took 23k damage from it. Must have been the Wind or something i guess.

Also you can clearly see he wasn't afk as he's walking around before getting hit by everything.

He was DESYNCHED.

He took 23k damage cause he is a glass cannon that ate every single tick from it, while desynched.

If a player is desynched they are going to die either way, you cannot blame zaan for killing a desynched player that who is a glass cannon and taking its full damage.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Dude you're a joke.

He was DESYNCHED.

He took 23k damage cause he is a glass cannon that ate every single tick from it, while desynched.

If a player is desynched they are going to die either way, you cannot blame zaan for killing a desynched player that who is a glass cannon and taking its full damage.

Are you crazy? Ofc Zaan is to blame because it dealt 23k damage in freaking 2 seconds (3 ticks =2 seconds)

No a player who is desynced won't die in all cases especially not if there isn't a set that deals 23k damage to a player.

Also there is no desync in this Clip whatever you may say, it's a double procced Zaan and not a desync but i guess you haven't learned about that in your playtime to reach your 580 cp.
    Look at his latency 67, look at his damage addon which shows all ticks his they occur there is no desync here just a completely overperfoming set
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Dude you're a joke.

He was DESYNCHED.

Are you crazy? Ofc Zaan is to blame because it dealt 23k damage in freaking 2 seconds (3 ticks =2 seconds)

No a player who is desynced won't die in all cases especially not if there isn't a set that deals 23k damage to a player.

Also there is no desync in this Clip whatever you may say, it's a double procced Zaan and not a desync but i guess you haven't learned about that in your playtime to reach your 580 cp.
    Look at his latency 67, look at his damage addon which shows all ticks his they occur there is no desync here just a completely overperfoming set

You can visably see his desynch in the video.
    that 23k damage only happens if you stand in it for 5 seconds, more then enough time to get out of it as many many others have stated.
    Ping does not update in real time when server desynch is a factor.
    The set did not double proc.. That is moronic.
    580 cp? can't even get the simplest of facts right.

SHM this is why nobody will take you seriously.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 25, 2018 4:32PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Dude you're a joke.

He was DESYNCHED.

that 23k damage only happens if you stand in it for 5 seconds, more then enough time to get out of it as many many others have stated.

You don't understand the concept of double proc do you? It's two individual procs with how Zaan works you can't have 3 ticks deal 12k and the next 3 ticks deal 10k that's not how this works.
    if you look very closely at the LUI damage Chart you'll see a smal x2 after zaan and you know what that means? right 2 hits in the exact same second from one set that deals damage only every 1 second so i'm sorry to tell you but it was an double proc.
    just watched your op zerging vids and there it Shows your cp as 580 or something, what's important it's not high cp.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty of desync clips and a combat log or text addon always showed the dmg at the moment it is actually happening, even if the screen is showing something else. So where did those ticks and additional skills go, that would have hit me if the fight lasted for longer? There is maybe some kind of "mini desync" where i'm dead a split second before the game shows it, which is quite common, but not that massive desync of multiple seconds as you are claiming.

But it is ok, i'll learn to not get oneshot by low dmg spammables and low damage ultimates during windy weather on a 29k hp glass cannon, no problem :)
    Edited by Rianai on April 25, 2018 4:48PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Unavoidable????

"average tick"

Dude you're a joke.

He was DESYNCHED.

You don't understand the concept of double proc do you? It's two individual procs with how Zaan works you can't have 3 ticks deal 12k and the next 3 ticks deal 10k that's not how this works.
    if you look very closely at the LUI damage Chart you'll see a smal x2 after zaan and you know what that means? right 2 hits in the exact same second from one set that deals damage only every 1 second so i'm sorry to tell you but it was an double proc.
    just watched your op zerging vids and there it Shows your cp as 580 or something, what's important it's not high cp.

Cute and edgy!

Its not a double proc. The death recap sometimes shows the damage from different ticks of the same proc separated it is a known bug and has been around forever.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty of desync clips and a combat log or text addon always showed the dmg at the moment it is actually happening, even if the screen is showing something else. So where did those ticks and additional skills go, that would have hit me if the fight lasted for longer? There is maybe some kind of "mini desync" where i'm dead a split second before the game shows it, which is quite common, but not that massive desync of multiple seconds as you are claiming.

And are those addons running from your.... client?

And yes your desynched terribly.

By the time your game even registers you have hit you were already dead on the ground and had been in combat for probably 5 or 6 seconds.

I used to think ZAAN was op when it first came out, but if you play against it more you will realize its really not that OP it just punish's players for not responding.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 25, 2018 5:02PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in combat with other players, so yea, it is not the NB who put me in combat. I still don't see anything that would support your claim. I cloaked, he used magelight, then LA, Incap, LA, Concealed and i'm dead. This doesn't take longer than 3 seconds and there is nothing else happening that would imply a longer fight.
    Edited by Rianai on April 25, 2018 5:02PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been in combat with other players, so yea, it is not the NB who put me in combat. I still don't see anything that would support your claim. I cloaked, he used magelight, then LA, Incap, LA, Concealed and i'm dead. This doesn't take longer than 3 seconds and there is nothing else happening that would imply a longer fight.

Bro you were dead before you ever even had a chance to turn around, just accept that server desynch got the better of you and move on.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bu but it's desynched other wise well it would mean his Training wheels are unbalanced :open_mouth:
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Bu but it's desynched other wise well it would mean his Training wheels are unbalanced :open_mouth:

Your best argument so far has been if it does double the damage from what it does it is too op.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your best argument so far has been if it does double the damage from what it does it is too op.

even 12k from a proc that will deal much more damage with the next ticks are absurd but yeah no Point discussing with Players like you.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every day these same guys makes new nerf threads that very few people agree with and they try to keep these threads on the top by spamming back and forth bickering in them, to make the thread stay on the top of the list. we shouldnt have to defend the same topics every single day from the same people who spamm these same threads daily.
    it is very boring, and is getting really old.
    please stop making these kinds of nerf threads.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

even 12k from a proc that will deal much more damage with the next ticks are absurd but yeah no Point discussing with Players like you.

you can say the very same thing about some of the sorcerers skills and over performing damage they have. like overload.
    the fact remains that some skills and sets do damage that help in pvp and some dont.
    just have to adjust your reactions to those sets and skills and ultimates to help your self not die.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 25, 2018 5:28PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were baiting. This is a reminder to keep comments productive and on topic. thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is balanced. Bad pvp players just cannot counter its damage with very low hp/sustain builds. Mainly learn to play issues.