The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The reward box isn't truly once per day ... it's only available if your random dungeon is purple

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol I was assuming that it reset every day at 10AM EST because of the event lasts from 10am nov30 to 10am dec 6th thing
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is misinforming.

I dunno if its been stated so far but indeed the mystery boxes seem to work as premium group finder undaunted rewards. So the first dungeon you do with the dungeon finder everyday nets you the mystery box. It just so happens that it was true today also, but the event did not start at the begining of the day, meaning some people missed out because they had already done the <premium undaunted reward for dungeon finder run>

it has nothing to do with the time of day. Its just once per day, with the exception of today being possible to miss out on.

Doesn't it mean that they'll catch up by doing a qualifying dungeon on the last day of the event, whereas those who run dungeons later in the day and got the first day's reward will miss out on the last day as the event will be over when they do their dungeon?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides me, has anyone had the experience where their Random Dungeon isn't resetting exactly after 24 hours?

For example I'd completed a random dungeon on my stamina nightblade at 7:10 am yesterday. It's almost 7:50am and has not reset to the highest quality rewards which includes the mysterious rewardbox.

Nevermind. I'd checked the wrong toon.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on December 1, 2017 4:01PM
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I'm trying very hard to understand in what world 20 hour cooldown lets you set your own schedule while reset at the same time... does not? I'm literally trying to see in what bizzaro world is that logical? reset same time every day is a literal definition of being able to set your own time of when to do that without missing out on chances, while 20 hour CD forces you into ZoS time. because if first day you have time to do this around... lets say 10pm, and the next day you can only do this in the morning? guess what? 20 hour cooldown means you miss out on your next window of opportunity. instead of getting an actual once a day chance, you get maybe once every other day chance.

Let's say reset is at midnight.I come back home at 11PM. Now I'm stressing if I can still do it today.
    Let's say reset is 4PM and I can only play 3 to 5PM. Now I'm wasting an hour.

Yesterday I was able to do the dailies at 9PM. Today I'm not back till 1AM, meaning I can do them for TODAY at 1AM, as it will reset 20 hours from when I do them. Meaning it will reset at 9PM for me.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Besides me, has anyone had the experience where their Random Dungeon isn't resetting exactly after 24 hours?

For example I'd completed a random dungeon on my stamina nightblade at 7:10 am yesterday. It's almost 7:50am and has not reset to the highest quality rewards which includes the mysterious rewardbox.

It should be resetting after 20 hours, not 24 hours.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

It should be resetting after 20 hours, not 24 hours.

Actually I'd checked the wrong toon. My bad. It was my DK and he was reset fine.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on December 1, 2017 4:03PM
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the timer should run from when you run it, if I run my dungeon at 7pm my time, then tomorrow at 7:01pm I should be able to run again. It seems simple to me.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because using the pledge timer reset was difficult right?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is once per day. However, as others have pointed out, there is a design flaw this event has made very apparent.

All dailies should reset at the same time every day. Early AM hours for the time zones the server is designed to serve. It's really quite simple and other daily items work this way.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I'm trying very hard to understand in what world 20 hour cooldown lets you set your own schedule while reset at the same time... does not? I'm literally trying to see in what bizzaro world is that logical? reset same time every day is a literal definition of being able to set your own time of when to do that without missing out on chances, while 20 hour CD forces you into ZoS time. because if first day you have time to do this around... lets say 10pm, and the next day you can only do this in the morning? guess what? 20 hour cooldown means you miss out on your next window of opportunity. instead of getting an actual once a day chance, you get maybe once every other day chance.

Let's say reset is at midnight.I come back home at 11PM. Now I'm stressing if I can still do it today.
    Let's say reset is 4PM and I can only play 3 to 5PM. Now I'm wasting an hour.

Yesterday I was able to do the dailies at 9PM. Today I'm not back till 1AM, meaning I can do them for TODAY at 1AM, as it will reset 20 hours from when I do them. Meaning it will reset at 9PM for me.

lets do another hypothetical. you can play before work. so you do. not with this system though, becasue with this system - it hasn't reset yet. or... lets say rather then 20 hours, you coudln't pay until 30 hours later. guess what happens? your cooldown is STILL 20 hours, so not you are 10 hours behind, becasue this is NOT flexible.

your hypothetical person who is so unlucky that their only little bit of play time only falls on official reset is FAR rarer than actual players with tight schedules that are now STUCK on missing out chances for rewards becasue they do NOT have hours of play at set times only. becasue this is what 20 hour reset does. you cannot just pick and chose your time to play like you can do with pledges and STILl get your dailies done. you MISS entire days if your schedule doesn't line up perfectly each day.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not only this.

It's the daily reaard in general is very poorly planned. And at least, some indicator how much time left till purple reward will be available would be appreciated.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil dailies: reset at midnight for me
    Daily Undaunted Dungeon Quests: reset at midnight for me

Daily writs: 20 hour timer
    Random dungeon finder: 20 hour timer

I do not know why the inconsistency
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skafloc
    Skafloc
    ✭✭✭
    The 20 hour reset is a little confusing - is 20 hrs from when you did the dungeon? Potentially this means that the dungeon would reset for example at the following times if you did your next run Friday at 8:00 pm 20:00hrs

Result 1: Saturday, 2 December 2017, 16:00:00
    Result 2: Sunday, 3 December 2017, 12:00:00
    Result 3: Monday, 4 December 2017, 08:00:00
    Result 4: Tuesday, 5 December 2017, 04:00:00
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward box resets at the same time as the random daily. Which is 20 hours from the completion of the dungeon.

Only the completion counts, not the start time.

For example, you start a dungeon at 10:45 AM. You complete the dungeon at 11:00 AM. Then next time you complete a dungeon at 7 AM or later, you'll qualify.

This means that you can start a dungeon before it has reset. As long as the dungeon completion happens after reset, you'll qualify.

So similar to horse training, if you are diligent about getting the dungeon reward exactly 20 hours after the reset, you'll "lap" yourself and essentially get a bonus day every 6 days.

Also, whoever said that writs reset on 20-hour timers is incorrect.
    • Daily random Group Finder bonus: 20 hours from dungeon completion
    • Horse training: 20 hours
    • Shadowy Supplier (aka, Dark Brotherhood alchemy "hireling"): 20 hours
    • Hirelings: 12/24 hours
    • All Daily quests (writs, pledges, and other dailies): 0600 UTC for both servers
    • Fence reset: 0300 UTC for both servers
    • NA Weekly Trial close: 0000 UTC Sunday night, reopens 12h later
    • EU Weekly Trial close: 1400 UTC Monday afternoon, reopens 12h later

Note that the times are set in UTC and thus disregard Daylight Savings. So, for example, during the summer, dailies reset at 2 AM EDT for Americans, which changes to 1 AM EST during the winter.
    Edited by code65536 on December 1, 2017 7:13PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    • All Daily quests (writs, pledges, and other dailies): 0600 UTC for both servers
    Addition to the list: weekly trial containers 7 days after done. There is no visible timer when it was completed last time which ends in a mess if you run trials with more than one char.

Seriously, the whole timer/reset system would benefit from a general overhaul. For example make all daily resets reset at the same time each day and weekly resets reset each Monday at a given time regardless when it was done last time.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wish they would set it to the same time every day for the reset versus 20 hours. It would make things a lot easier!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The reward box resets at the same time as the random daily. Which is 20 hours from the completion of the dungeon.

Only the completion counts, not the start time.

For example, you start a dungeon at 10:45 AM. You complete the dungeon at 11:00 AM. Then next time you complete a dungeon at 7 AM or later, you'll qualify.

This means that you can start a dungeon before it has reset. As long as the dungeon completion happens after reset, you'll qualify.

So similar to horse training, if you are diligent about getting the dungeon reward exactly 20 hours after the reset, you'll "lap" yourself and essentially get a bonus day every 6 days.

Also, whoever said that writs reset on 20-hour timers is incorrect.

Note that the times are set in UTC and thus disregard Daylight Savings. So, for example, during the summer, dailies reset at 2 AM EDT for Americans, which changes to 1 AM EST during the winter.

Oh it's on a different timer?

F#$&ing stupid
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    would have been really nice to tell people that it isnt daily, but has a reset timer of 20 hours. I am uslaly quite laid back. but Now I am starting to get fed up.
    Communication......

Now I have time, but I cant get the boxes, because I did it later in the day yesterday, and now I have to work later on.. not very very nice :(
    Edited by lientier on December 2, 2017 10:13AM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    This is poor... because, like many people, my wife and I work in the week. Meaning we can run in the evenings. But work evenings on weekends, meaning our dungeon random will not have reset by then.

This is VERY poor planning for people who actually work.

So tired of these "everyone must fit my schedule and needs" or "I want everything for free" posts. Millennials again? 20h or whatever it is, is appropriate. If it reset at the same time everyday, that's fine too. No developer, or any other company for that matter, can meet the desires of every single participant. Deal with it.

Its not about the reset. If they would have communicated that from the beginning, I for example wouldnt be whining (even if not finding it fair to begin with) but now I didnt even get the chance to plan with it.. because they didnt state/communicate it
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing new on this?
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on a 20 hour timer, some of us who check Dev Tracker regularly weren't surprised about that when the event started because we had read the info beforehand... (I read it here on official Zeni posts on the forums to know what was going on ahead of time, in good time to warn other people not to do their daily randoms the night before).

I mean seriously, check Dev Tracker regularly, especially before events. Details aren't mailed out to every player individually, it's up to you to take a couple of minutes to check what is going on with events and stuff.
    Edited by Epona222 on December 4, 2017 11:45AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do check the dev tracker regularly. but I only saw the initial post where they linked to their website. where it only daid once a day.. nothing about every 20h.

the initial post & the website where they announce the event. would be the right spot to communicate vital parts of events
    Edited by lientier on December 4, 2017 12:05PM
    PC-EU @lientier