The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recent Issues with NA Megaserver

• CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno man, something does not smell right. PvP queues, grouping broken, all happening since Morrowind. I'm not buying into this DDoS excuse.
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is STILL going on?? I STILL cannot log in? I'm no longer buying the DDOS thing.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    And this is STILL going on?? I STILL cannot log in? I'm no longer buying the DDOS thing.

If you're experiencing an issue with logging in right now, it's something else. What issue are you running into @ckrobinson83? And what platform are you on?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're experiencing an issue with logging in right now, it's something else. What issue are you running into @ckrobinson83? And what platform are you on?

The exact same error message that I was getting before. Took me 10 tries to get in.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The exact same error message that I was getting before. Took me 10 tries to get in.

Was it Error 108? (Saw another post from you mentioning that specific one.) You may have already done so, but if you keep getting that error when the servers are online, could you please try these troubleshooting steps? This is an error we commonly see, and it's usually related to a firewall, antivirus program, and/or modem/router port configuration.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure the error number but it usually takes 3-10 tries for me to login for the past 2 weeks and it's still occuring this week. I'll get the error code next time I log in but the error message is to the effect of "cannot contact ESO servers". I have no hardware/software firewall setup either with the modem/router or with Windows.

Edit: It is error "200 (7:4:178:597) Login failed. Please try again."
    Edit2: And error "108 (7:5:315:0)", seems to be error 200 at first followed by multiple 108 until I finally login.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on August 4, 2017 8:09PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Unsure the error number but it usually takes 3-10 tries for me to login for the past 2 weeks and it's still occuring this week. I'll get the error code next time I log in but the error message is to the effect of "cannot contact ESO servers". I have no hardware/software firewall setup either with the modem/router or with Windows.

Thank you, @Reorx_Holybeard. We've seen some other players reporting the same, and we are looking into the cause.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭

Was it Error 108? (Saw another post from you mentioning that specific one.) You may have already done so, but if you keep getting that error when the servers are online, could you please try these troubleshooting steps? This is an error we commonly see, and it's usually related to a firewall, antivirus program, and/or modem/router port configuration.

None of those troubleshooting steps would apply since the system has been static for a long time. So has the router.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever heard of norton virus protector? Best thing out 100% protection rate but you gotta pay money. We know @ZoS wont do that
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of those troubleshooting steps would apply since the system has been static for a long time. So has the router.

For all we know, something has changed about that game though - that is now not playing well with your setup. At least if you do the steps (for real) and still have issues it helps them eliminate some reasons.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

For all we know, something has changed about that game though - that is now not playing well with your setup. At least if you do the steps (for real) and still have issues it helps them eliminate some reasons.

Well, I'd been getting login issues, for Steam and non-Steam ESO, to the tune of frequent "Connection to server timed out" messages, and for non-Steam, Errors 108 and 200, I also sometimes see "Could not retrieve announcements", and sometimes my launcher loads up with the missing preview slider window. My average NA ping has jumped up from 290~ to 320~, but my EU ping average remains the same as it always has done.

I applied all those support page steps (the port-forwarding, the AV exceptions, the Firewall exceptions), and I still get the missing preview window from the launcher at times, and the login errors for the NA server. Eventually I get in, but that rigmarole shouldn't be "tolerated" simply to get into character select.

I've no such issues with the EU server, thankfully.

I've even rebooted the PC, the router, flushed DNS, why is this still happening?
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭

Thank you, @Reorx_Holybeard. We've seen some other players reporting the same, and we are looking into the cause.

Same thing happens to me, my girlfriend, and several of my guildies. It takes anywhere from 2 to 20 tries (not exaggerating) to login. It constantly fails to login until it just finally does.
  • Delerium
    Delerium
    ✭✭
    Thanks. It's a little less frustrating finally seeing an acknowledgement.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intermittent error 108.

Just coming back to the game after a several month hiatus. Disappointing to see nothing much has changed.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Delerium
    Delerium
    ✭✭
    Still happening on NA Server as of this morning.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to debug/diagnose this issue on my end with no obvious results. All tests with ping/tracert/pathping to the 198.20.198.110 ESO server return with no issues (during the recent PVP event there was connection/speed issue with the last 2 hops but I haven't seen that at all this week). Similar tests to other related ESO IP addresses show no issue.

All I can guess at now is the launcher is successfully connecting to 198.20.198.110 so there is no DNS, Internet, or server connection issue but is not receiving a response within the ~10 sec and so it results with a 200/108 error. That really is just a guess at this point though...if I have more time I'll try some packet captures and see if that turns up anything obvious.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not having any issues connecting to the game. But the latency. So bad right now :( Hope it gets fixed soon! Makes it so more harder to play, and I'm already playing from Australia so it's *** enough :pensive:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to debug/diagnose this issue on my end with no obvious results. All tests with ping/tracert/pathping to the 198.20.198.110 ESO server return with no issues (during the recent PVP event there was connection/speed issue with the last 2 hops but I haven't seen that at all this week). Similar tests to other related ESO IP addresses show no issue.

Huh? I have not been able to traceroute directly to any NA ESO server IP address for a year now, and the last two weeks, such discovery has ended with Akamai. I have been using multiple start locations in the US, Europe, and even Australia, with the same result. I'd really like to see what you are seeing.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I logged in this morning after maintenance I got no errors and managed to login on the first try. That's the first time that's happened in about 3 weeks so hopefully that is a good sign.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • Wheyntheblacksmith_ESO
    Going on 3 weeks now. still have to try to log in multiple times, was doing good last few days. Would only take me about 15 mins to login instead of 30. No I log in, no chat works for me cant stay logged in again. Let me guess. Another DDOS attack. [snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on August 8, 2017 4:02PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a booted from server error 307.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update.

People need to chill. So much salt on this topic.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I believe all of these DDOS attacks are due to the botters. They're using a third party program that is most likely causing a lot of the issues. I have been to several locations leveling alts and helping my gf level her too questing in zones like Auridon, Alik'r, Greenshade and have seen the same group of bots running their rounds even weeks later. I rarely ever saw this kind of activity. Now that so many people are reporting these issues, around the same time frame I saw this ever growing infestion of botter groups rise....it makes you wonder if it's all related.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're going to close this thread as it's not meant for one-off troubleshooting or reporting of issues. If you're running into an issue on one of our servers, we encourage you to either start a new thread specific to that issue or contact Support. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.