The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the ESO Plus Bonus Event!"

• Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Urkraft wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    In german we would say: "Einem geschenkten Gaul, schaut man nicht ins Maul." Meaning, you dont complain when you get something for free.

Still i really dont like this bonus event. It's quite obvious, it's for triggering people to buy crown crates and to buy ESO+. I wouldnt have a problem with that (i respect that there has to come money from somewhere), if ZOS wouldnt just focus on how to bring people to waste all their money into the crown store but would also focus on essential and basic stuff of the game, like bugfixing and support. Due to that i just feel like a milked cow - this bonus event wont help me over that feeling.

I tried to write it the most constructive way, I could. Actually I have way worse words in my mind.

Best wishes,
    me.
    Marketing and the people doing this aren't the developers though. It's not like the people working on group finder bugs all stop and start working on marketing campaigns, then don't do any more group finder work until the event is over.

I would imagine this entire thing used at most management, marketing, accounts, server team and community team.
    I cant hear/read this argument anymore. Aren't people tired of bringing this up again and again?
    It only gets brought up again and again because people keep bringing up "ZOS should focus on X instead of Y" again and again. If that stops being mentioned, others won't feel the need to keep correcting it.

This argument is just bs, I am sry. Because I dont say the department of marketing should focus on better ingame performance. I just criticize ZOS general priorities.

You know, a friend of me owed me 400 €, do you think I said "Nice you have new hair" on her Facebook page, after she didnt pay me back even after 3 months? No I asked her, how she has money to pay a new haircut, when she hasn't money to pay me at least a part of itback. Same goes for ZOS. ZOS has money for makreting and for more people filling up the crown store (am i the only one to recognize how hard the amount of crown items and crown crate items increased since release of the CC?) with new items, but ZOS hasnt money for a proper support or for the people, working in the depth of the game or gamemasters. That's it. ;)
    Edited by Urkraft on July 4, 2017 4:33PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in anything that is in this season of the crates, but oh well. I already have ESO+ and I already log in daily anyway. I would have preferred something I can actually use, but perhaps this will be useful to me in the future if I get some gems that can be used to get something I want in a future season of crates without having to actually buy the crates, since I despise this system so much.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In german we would say: "Einem geschenkten Gaul, schaut man nicht ins Maul." Meaning, you dont complain when you get something for free.

Still i really dont like this bonus event. It's quite obvious, it's for triggering people to buy crown crates and to buy ESO+. I wouldnt have a problem with that (i respect that there has to come money from somewhere), if ZOS wouldnt just focus on how to bring people to waste all their money into the crown store but would also focus on essential and basic stuff of the game, like bugfixing and support. Due to that i just feel like a milked cow - this bonus event wont help me over that feeling.

I tried to write it the most constructive way, I could. Actually I have way worse words in my mind.

Best wishes,
    me.
    Marketing and the people doing this aren't the developers though. It's not like the people working on group finder bugs all stop and start working on marketing campaigns, then don't do any more group finder work until the event is over.

I would imagine this entire thing used at most management, marketing, accounts, server team and community team.
    I cant hear/read this argument anymore. Aren't people tired of bringing this up again and again?
    It only gets brought up again and again because people keep bringing up "ZOS should focus on X instead of Y" again and again. If that stops being mentioned, others won't feel the need to keep correcting it.

This argument is just bs, I am sry. Because I dont say the department of marketing should focus on better ingame performance. I just criticize ZOS general priorities.

You know, a friend of me owed me 400 €, do you think I said "Nice you have new hair" on her Facebook page, after she didnt pay me back even after 3 months? No I asked her, how she has money to pay a new haircut, when she hasn't money to pay me at least a part of itback. Same goes for ZOS. ZOS has money for makreting and for more people filling up the crown store (am i the only one to recognize how hard the amount of crown items and crown crate items increased since release of the CC?) with new items, but ZOS hasnt money for a proper support or for the people, working in the depth of the game or gamemasters. That's it. ;)
    Just because you loan someone money, or pay someone money for a product does not mean you get to decide how they spend that money. Or how they spend any future money for that matter. However, you can point out areas you think need work. Indirectly asking them to spend resources into something specific.
    (Just because a bank gives you a mortgage does not mean the bank gets to decide which house you have to buy and who gets to live there, or how you have to spend your future income so they can be sure you pay them back.)

PS: Edited in something major into my previous post.
    Edited by Sarannah on July 4, 2017 5:43PM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »
    If it works like normally subbing and then unsubbing, yes, you will keep everything. Pretty sure they would have said if it did not work like normal.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case. It would just be nice to get some official confirmation though. :)

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have been hemorrhaging subs with the Morrowind chapter announcement.
    Can't we just believe this is a nice thing with good intentions, for once? :cry:

No successful business ever does anything selflessly. Even the things that seem that way are really just opportunities for publicity.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have been hemorrhaging subs with the Morrowind chapter announcement.
    Can't we just believe this is a nice thing with good intentions, for once? :cry:

No we can't, because it's not...
    Some things are truly made to make customers happy - with the further expectation to have them buy more.
    But in this case it's purely "free trial" of otherwise paying features. Nothing more, nothing less. And two of the most "addictive" features in the game.
    I'm still happy they're doing it : I'll open my 5 free crates (and still not buy any crate beyond that). But it's not meant to be "nice". No shop is doing "summer sales" to be "nice". They do it to get rid of last season's stuff. Same here : ZOS doesn't do it to be "nice". It's purely promotional.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 5, 2017 5:42AM
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys going to name your pack of nix hounds? I was going to name mine after Santa's reindeer's
  • Gangstagrover
    Gangstagrover
    Soul Shriven
    I think this is a great idea i mentioned in a survey that I gift it to anyone i turn onto the game and they typically keep the sub because of its immense value. They also play more frequently. The game is "stickier" ,for all those Gladwell readers, for such players.
    As for the boxes; its a bonus so that the current active subs don't cry ,in forums like this, that the free trial is devaluing their purchase.
    This is the first month I bought crates that beyond using that last 400 crowns from my sub. I dont get what the big deal is with this negative feed back. From the first 15 boxes I got I received 3 motif books that i never could have bought from the crown store unless there was a sale in a given month. I typically get around 1100 crowns aka 2 motif books. Even after burning the extra things which has a good conversion ,unlike games such as Battlefield 1, I still have enough to get another motif book that I still need.
    I understand personal objections, but no one has voiced these to the various raffles that occur to raise funds in the guild traders. One is in game and the other is real world, but if you cant buy it in game forcing you to buy it through the crown store then there is some correspondence.
    Would I prefer a limited edition mount or costume that shows off the eso plus oh yeah. Id love a sweet cape that says zenimax or eso plus on the back or maybe a giant crown even. half joking half not
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT - it all day or half of a day ?
  • xThejokerx
    xThejokerx
    Soul Shriven
    So if I dye my costume will it remain after the event??
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    xThejokerx wrote: »
    So if I dye my costume will it remain after the event??

Yes, also your crafting materials will remain in your crafting bag until you are willing to withdraw them from it, same apply with the extra furniture you place in your house.

Anyway, this event came just in time, I was planing since last week to sub today for this month because I needed 1500 crowns. Having 5 free boxes is just a nice bonus I can't refuse.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• BleuZephyr
    Thank you so much for the free crates. Keep up the good show :smiley:
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

Best wishes,
    me.

Just because you loan someone money, or pay someone money for a product does not mean you get to decide how they spend that money. Or how they spend any future money for that matter. However, you can point out areas you think need work. Indirectly asking them to spend resources into something specific.
    (Just because a bank gives you a mortgage does not mean the bank gets to decide which house you have to buy and who gets to live there, or how you have to spend your future income so they can be sure you pay them back.)

PS: Edited in something major into my previous post.

tru, but when someone owes me something, it might slightly increase my wish, to punch him into his face very very hard, when i see him spending his money on fun stuff, instead of giving me the money i borrowed him back. ;)

so this is a very natural reaction of people - and i am surely not alone with that feeling - who feel kind of fooled by zos.
  • ZorN_Italia
    ZorN_Italia
    ✭✭
    I log on everyday anyway and have ESO+ too. So.. For me it's a good event! :)
    Server PC EU - Italian Returning Player
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergun wrote: »
    12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT - it all day or half of a day ?
    It's 24 hours.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Crown Crates earned during the event will be delivered to your account on July 17."

It takes an entire week to send 5 digital items? ZOS needs to find a new delivery service. It would be faster to just mail me a USB flash drive with the Crown Crates saved on it.

(yes, I'm sure there is a marketing and/or anti-fraud reason for the delayed delivery, I just liked the image of them having to send out the crates by hand through traditional mail)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The ESO Plus Bonus Event is now live!
    esotoon wrote: »
    Please can you confirm what happens after this event is over with regards to players who do not subscribe to ESO+.

Will items put in the crafting bags during this event remain in a crafting bag until they are removed, or will they be put back into the players bank space/mailed back to them?

Items placed in the Craft Bag during the event will remain there and will be accessible to you even if you are not an ESO Plus member after the event. You simply won't be able to place new items in the Craft Bag if you aren't an ESO Plus member.
    Will items put into the double bank space remain in the bank until they are removed, or will they be mailed back to the player?

Yes, much like with the Craft Bag, any items you place in the bank while you have double bank space will remain there after the event ends. If you aren't an ESO Plus member after the event, you simply won't be able to place items into the double bank spots again but you will be able to take items out.
    Will costumes that have been dyed retain their colours?

Yes, any costumes you dye during the ESO Plus Bonus event will retain their dyed colors. You will simply lose access to the ability to dye costumes after the event if you aren't an ESO Plus member.

@esotoon - Answers in-line above. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lpfan678 wrote: »
    Why are earned crates being given on the 17th? Why not just give them when you log in?
    Probably some obtuse technical reason that they don't want to divulge. Maybe that's how long it takes to manually go through five days of login records?

Perhaps this has already been answered (haven't been all the way through the thread), but I suspect it has to do with the fact that those who log in using the free ESO+ trial don't get the free crates unless they sub after the event is over. Thus, they will earn "credit" for logging in each day of the event, but they won't get the crates unless they decide to sub. So, to make it simple, everyone gets "credit" for each day they log in, but only those who are active subs after the event will get the free crates.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HansK wrote: »
    OK, let's see if I get this right @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . You write

"To participate, simply log into the game with an active ESO Plus membership between 12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT (Eastern)"

As I am in Europe I'm on CEST. As I read this, it means I'll have to log-in between 18.00 CEST and 06.00 CEST the following morning. Logging in during the day doesn't count towards a free crate, only logging in during the evening and night. Or is this some typo and does logging in during the full 24 hours of a day suffice?

The separation between 12:00AM and 11:59PM is a total of one minute. THat does not change regardless of timezone.
    You would have to log on between 18.00CEST and 17.59CEST... I guess.

Not unless you're going backward in time. :wink: 12:00am...then 12:01am (not 11:59pm). It will take 24 hours to cycle back to 11:59pm, which occurs one minute BEFORE 12:00am.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ... Quick comment. Existing ESO Plus members can purchase the trial from the Crown Store. I assume that this would be successful. Is there is a possibility that the account would get the timed "ESO Plus buff"? If so, hopefully, without unfortunate side effects when the trial is over?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Just idle curiosity... I'm surprised that I'm presented with the free trial even though I'm an existing sub. So what would happen if current subscribers "buy" the free trial? Would it interfere with our sub in any way? Would it lengthen our sub by 5 days? Would it affect eligibility for the free crates? Or would absolutely nothing happen?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Quick comment. Existing ESO Plus members can purchase the trial from the Crown Store. I assume that this would be successful. Is there is a possibility that the account would get the timed "ESO Plus buff"? If so, hopefully, without unfortunate side effects when the trial is over?
    code65536 wrote: »
    Just idle curiosity... I'm surprised that I'm presented with the free trial even though I'm an existing sub. So what would happen if current subscribers "buy" the free trial? Would it interfere with our sub in any way? Would it lengthen our sub by 5 days? Would it affect eligibility for the free crates? Or would absolutely nothing happen?

If you have an active ESO Plus membership and you attempt to buy the ESO Plus Free Trial from the Crown Store, you will get an error that says "Transaction Failed - You've already fully unlocked this item." It won't stack or otherwise work with an active ESO Plus membership.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick comment. Existing ESO Plus members can purchase the trial from the Crown Store. I assume that this would be successful. Is there is a possibility that the account would get the timed "ESO Plus buff"? If so, hopefully, without unfortunate side effects when the trial is over?

If you have an active ESO Plus membership and you attempt to buy the ESO Plus Free Trial from the Crown Store, you will get an error that says "Transaction Failed - You've already fully unlocked this item." It won't stack or otherwise work with an active ESO Plus membership.

Awesome, thanks for getting back on that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friends have already received the free crown crate, nothing for me till now.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Is that last bit in the official announcement (BONUS LOOT FOR ALL!) only referring to crown crates and ESO Plus benefits, or are there any additional bonuses over the weekend?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    My friends have already received the free crown crate, nothing for me till now.

@ZoM_Head The crates aren't being sent until the 17th. Did your friends maybe preorder Morrowind (so buying it even during PC early access counted as a preorder) and just haven't opened their free crate from that?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭

What happens if I "buy" the ESO Plus Free Trial and then I attempt to buy one month of ESO Plus membership?
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

"To participate, simply log into the game with an active ESO Plus membership between 12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT (Eastern)"

As I am in Europe I'm on CEST. As I read this, it means I'll have to log-in between 18.00 CEST and 06.00 CEST the following morning. Logging in during the day doesn't count towards a free crate, only logging in during the evening and night. Or is this some typo and does logging in during the full 24 hours of a day suffice?

I hate the am/pm crap when midnight is involved.

Regardless, obviously it will be 24 hour periods. They just want you to know the cutoff.

yeah, it would be clearer when timeframes involved midnight, that they would use 12:01 am instead, then there's no question about it. 12:01am to 11:59pm does equal 24 hours (minus 2 minutes, that is <g>)

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

OK, how about UTC. It's currently 4 hours ahead of EDT, and that makes CEST 6 hours ahead of EDT. So 6 hours ahead of midnight 5 July is 6am 5 July. But dont forget to apply the same difference to the end point as well. Since 11:59pm is a minute before midnight EDT on the end time, then UTC is a minute before 4am and CEST is a minute before 6am. So your CEST time frame is 6:00am CEST on 5 July to 5:59am CEST on 6 July (the next day), still 24 hours (minus a minute) no matter how you slice it.

or 24 hour time...0000 to 2359 is the time period, that gives you 0600 5 July to 0559 6 July the next day

Edited by fgoron2000 on July 5, 2017 11:09PM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prepaid for the imperial version at beta. I subscribed for 2+ years, even when you used us to test your port to console I didnt complain I was happy with the deal. I pay you monthly, I get access to 100% of the game which was the agreement.

You got greedy, you created chapters. You even went so far as to ensure those who supported your greed with positive remarks on your breach got plenty of elbow room on the forums, those who didnt not so much. Had you just kept to the original agreement, I pay a monthly sub I get 100% of the content, I would still be subscribed.

You killed it, your call. Now this promotion, you did nothing for subscribers when you announced morrowind. No additional perks at all, just take the breach, shut up and pay your dues.

Best of luck, but you'll never get another dime from me. For those thinking about getting ESO plus? When you make the agreement, remember you will be held to your end firmly, ZOS? Not so much.