The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the ESO Plus Bonus Event!"

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »
    OK, let's see if I get this right @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . You write

"To participate, simply log into the game with an active ESO Plus membership between 12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT (Eastern)"

As I am in Europe I'm on CEST. As I read this, it means I'll have to log-in between 18.00 CEST and 06.00 CEST the following morning. Logging in during the day doesn't count towards a free crate, only logging in during the evening and night. Or is this some typo and does logging in during the full 24 hours of a day suffice?

To me it looks like midnight to midnight with them using a particular time zone as the "border".
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cFos wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will ESO+ members get the free crates on both servers if they play on both servers and log in on both servers during the bonus period? Or is the award limited to 1 server? The article does not specify; however, as an ESO+ member I notice I am ESO+ on both servers. Please clarify - is it one free crate per subscription or 1 (bound to whichever server you log into) or is it free crate per subscription per server (a total of 10 crates - 5 per server)? As above, ESO+ subscriptions cross servers; however, crown store purchases do not.

Hmmmm I got a free crate with Morrowind, I can "see it" from either server, but I haven't opened it. I was assuming it's just the one and will apply to whichever server I'm on when I open it but I really don't know.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they clarify, I'm using the hard limit of 5 and assuming that if you do logins on both NA and EU, you'll be credited daily for whichever server you logged onto first.

They say that if you purchase a subscription after the event you will get the free Crown crates if you'd logged in during the event. Is there a timeframe for that purchase or could I purchase a sub months later and still be awarded the Crown crates?

Not quite what it said; the timeframe is subscribing during the event itself. So for example, if you trial on the 5th and 6th, and become a member on the 7th, you will get crates if you log in on the 7th, 8th, and 9th. But not retroactively for the 5th and 6th.

"If you decide to purchase a full ESO Plus membership, you still earn free Crown Crates for each day you are logged in as a member!"
    signing off
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    And cheers, am a sub, I like the event idea a lot , would love to see it come back sometime too, maybe near New life festival, hint ? :)

And since there are people who dislike the crates a lot, maybe next time give the option to choose either 300 crowns a day per logged in or a crate per day?
    Personally ok with free crates though , and a very fun gift, though I dont like the design of ESO crates per say, retiring items from store and too many non Apex rewards that are exlusive to boxes.
    Please consider rotating items in some other manner besides crates too, and keeping a heftier stock of items in the store. Maybe adding some items that are allready in the store, like more expensive furniture items, also to the crates without retiring them would be a good idea as well, other games do that.

Edit : ok just realised my suggestion for future such events ; " choose 400 crowns a day or a crate " was a bit naive, should rather be choose 300 crowns per day or a crate thats "worth" 400 .
    Or, maybe, have an option to choose a crate or some amount of gems, that a "non gambler" sub could use for direct purchase ? 8 gems per day for instance would net a purchase of one violet or 2 blue items after 5 days, and the actual crates would still feel like a competitive option for the gambling minded.
    Edited by Miaura on July 4, 2017 10:24AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    psypanda wrote: »
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg

Ya have they ever commented on this? I mean jesus the crates are an addicting money pit as it is, why give out a nix hound in every other crate.. LITERALLY!
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean I have to pay $15 just to make a video of me deleting 5 gambling crates in protest? Not worth it.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean I have to pay $15 just to make a video of me deleting 5 gambling crates in protest? Not worth it.

I don't think Crown Crates can be deleted.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think Crown Crates can be deleted.

:confused: Dang, that's too bad. I had a whole thing planned. I was going to delete them one at a time, saying "This is for the lag" and "This is for the AOE caps", etc, etc, and playing the Mmm Watchya Saaaay music after each one.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    I think the addition of a new event was "just about time" but this event seems kinda not worthwhile if you already were an ESO+ member, and already purchased crowns to buy what you needed from crown crates.

it would have made more sense to announce this event with a crown sale, to give people a taste of the crates and then encourage them to save money on crowns to spend more cash on crates.

so pretty much, I already spent my money on crowns, and got what I needed, now your giving away crown crates, and a free subscription for 5 days, so what is this event supposed to do for people like me...

NOTHING
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    And lets' not mention that we "skipped over" the dark brotherhood holiday event because you were too busy with morrowind.... and the next event is supposed to be double AP gain, it seems like we haven't had a good event since the new years festival.. and we are going to have to wait until hollowween before we get another.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This is to be frank a completely terrible idea and I was extremely disappointed to hear about it. When I heard that more ESO+ benefits were being looked into to make up for the difference between the originally-advertised benefits and the current delivery, I was excited. There were a lot of great ideas, chief among them various ideas regarding a restyling system for weapons and armor. This, however, is not the kind of service I was looking for.

The opportunity to engage in gambling is not an appropriate benefit. We already have the opportunity to buy gambling boxes with the crowns we get from subbing, so extra gambling boxes is nothing new or interesting. An alternative, I suppose, would be to give more crowns during this month to subscribers so that we could spend them as we wish, but I'm not dumb, it seems pretty obvious what this is about. This is nothing more than an attempt at getting people more hooked and invested into the gambling box system. It was only approved because the belief is that if people get a few "free" ones now for subscribing they'll buy much, much more later as they try to get the gambling prizes they invariably didn't receive the first time.

I won't be opening these gambling boxes just as I did not open the one I got as part of the Morrowind collector's edition package. I absolutely, categorically, unilaterally refuse to participate in any part of the gambling box system, "free" or not. It's a blight on the game, it brings out the worst kind of attitudes in people, and it exploits players in a scheme that I truly and dearly hope is made illegal one day.

It's not gambling if you're not risking anything.
    You'd be paying the monthly price anyway, so it's not like you've offered any additional ante to "gamble" here.

All this is is a promotion for both ESO+ and the Crown Crates. They are hoping non-subs will experience the benefits and maybe a few will decide they are worth the price; and they are hoping that people already subbed will get some cool stuff from their -free- crates and be thus have incentive to buy more crates in the future.

This is a promotion, this isn't going to take the place of the "good things to come" we've heard hinted at.

I mean, sure, you could say that it's exploitative of people who cannot resist the urge to gamble, but opening a few crown crates which you got -for free- is not gambling.

@ShedsHisTail

There are several reasons that I feel it still qualifies as gambling. First, as I stated in another thread, it is very clear that this is seen as a one-off replacement for the lost ESO+ content as it was originally advertized.
    It's not a weird thing to be upset about and we're not confusing this for an ESO+ benefit. ZOS made this thread about how to improve ESO+ after the backlash regarding the changed DLC schedule. One of the ideas someone came up with was to give "one free gambling box per month". This is a terrible idea for many reasons, but it was definitely suggested. Now, five months later, ESO+ members are being given a shot at getting five gambling boxes. It's not a stretch of the imagination that these things are related, it's an exercise in basic inference.

Assuming this logic holds, there is every bit as much risk involved as if you had bought the gambling boxes separately, and it is in fact worse because it is being used to replace content that was originally promised, even though this is not what we signed up for and was never a part of our thought process when deciding if the price was worth it. I'm not a cynic and do believe them that there's more on the way, like a restyling system, but they need at least one new, robust system every year to replace the lost DLC access between its replacement on the schedule by expansions and the less-ambitious (but still obviously very cool) dungeon packs. What we have right now is basically an opt-in writeoff for the missing DLC for Q2 2017.

Second, and I'm glad you mentioned promotion, because if I use any items/wear and costumes/ride any mounts that can only be found in the gambling boxes, I am effectively promoting gambling in the game by using my character's body as free adspace. I'm not opposed to doing that for things bought normally on the crown store, but I'm not going to encourage others to gamble by adding to the net exposure they experience.

But that logic -doesn't- hold. Because it's -not- being used to replace promised content, because it is a short term event with a pre-determined expiration date. And it doesn't cost you anything you weren't spending anyway.

I'm not saying ZOS won't continue to do it, they might, and if they do then we can revisit your point.

But as of now, they've announced no plans; and honestly, anyone subbing just to get their hands on five boxes (or one a month) kinda deserves to lose that money considering they only cost, what, 400 crowns each?

It's not gambling unless you're, well, gambling. There has to be an ante, some amount of something you risk to lose if the odds aren't in your favor. Opening boxes which you received at no (additional) cost are no more "gambling" than scratching a lottery ticket you found on the ground.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on July 3, 2017 10:48PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is to be frank a completely terrible idea and I was extremely disappointed to hear about it. When I heard that more ESO+ benefits were being looked into to make up for the difference between the originally-advertised benefits and the current delivery, I was excited. There were a lot of great ideas, chief among them various ideas regarding a restyling system for weapons and armor. This, however, is not the kind of service I was looking for.

The opportunity to engage in gambling is not an appropriate benefit. We already have the opportunity to buy gambling boxes with the crowns we get from subbing, so extra gambling boxes is nothing new or interesting. An alternative, I suppose, would be to give more crowns during this month to subscribers so that we could spend them as we wish, but I'm not dumb, it seems pretty obvious what this is about. This is nothing more than an attempt at getting people more hooked and invested into the gambling box system. It was only approved because the belief is that if people get a few "free" ones now for subscribing they'll buy much, much more later as they try to get the gambling prizes they invariably didn't receive the first time.

I won't be opening these gambling boxes just as I did not open the one I got as part of the Morrowind collector's edition package. I absolutely, categorically, unilaterally refuse to participate in any part of the gambling box system, "free" or not. It's a blight on the game, it brings out the worst kind of attitudes in people, and it exploits players in a scheme that I truly and dearly hope is made illegal one day.

It's not gambling if you're not risking anything.
    You'd be paying the monthly price anyway, so it's not like you've offered any additional ante to "gamble" here.

All this is is a promotion for both ESO+ and the Crown Crates. They are hoping non-subs will experience the benefits and maybe a few will decide they are worth the price; and they are hoping that people already subbed will get some cool stuff from their -free- crates and be thus have incentive to buy more crates in the future.

This is a promotion, this isn't going to take the place of the "good things to come" we've heard hinted at.

I mean, sure, you could say that it's exploitative of people who cannot resist the urge to gamble, but opening a few crown crates which you got -for free- is not gambling.

@ShedsHisTail

There are several reasons that I feel it still qualifies as gambling. First, as I stated in another thread, it is very clear that this is seen as a one-off replacement for the lost ESO+ content as it was originally advertized.
    It's not a weird thing to be upset about and we're not confusing this for an ESO+ benefit. ZOS made this thread about how to improve ESO+ after the backlash regarding the changed DLC schedule. One of the ideas someone came up with was to give "one free gambling box per month". This is a terrible idea for many reasons, but it was definitely suggested. Now, five months later, ESO+ members are being given a shot at getting five gambling boxes. It's not a stretch of the imagination that these things are related, it's an exercise in basic inference.

Assuming this logic holds, there is every bit as much risk involved as if you had bought the gambling boxes separately, and it is in fact worse because it is being used to replace content that was originally promised, even though this is not what we signed up for and was never a part of our thought process when deciding if the price was worth it. I'm not a cynic and do believe them that there's more on the way, like a restyling system, but they need at least one new, robust system every year to replace the lost DLC access between its replacement on the schedule by expansions and the less-ambitious (but still obviously very cool) dungeon packs. What we have right now is basically an opt-in writeoff for the missing DLC for Q2 2017.

Second, and I'm glad you mentioned promotion, because if I use any items/wear and costumes/ride any mounts that can only be found in the gambling boxes, I am effectively promoting gambling in the game by using my character's body as free adspace. I'm not opposed to doing that for things bought normally on the crown store, but I'm not going to encourage others to gamble by adding to the net exposure they experience.

But that logic -doesn't- hold. Because it's -not- being used to replace promised content, because it is a short term event with a pre-determined expiration date. And it doesn't cost you anything you weren't spending anyway.

I'm not saying ZOS won't continue to do it, they might, and if they do then we can revisit your point.

But as of now, they've announced no plans; and honestly, anyone subbing just to get their hands on five boxes (or one a month) kinda deserves to lose that money considering they only cost, what, 400 crowns each?

It's not gambling unless you're, well, gambling. There has to be an ante, some amount of something you risk to lose if the odds aren't in your favor. Opening boxes which you received at no (additional) cost are no more "gambling" than scratching a lottery ticket you found on the ground.

@ShedsHisTail

The logic absolutely holds if you assume that people have any capacity to plan or remember past events. This is basic appeasement. It doesn't matter that it's short-term or has a pre-determined expiration date, that is inconsequential when trying to determine if something is being used as appeasement. We are currently owed content, this was literally one of the suggested ways to try and make up for lost content, and now they are releasing it right at the end of Q2, which is the quarter that we missed DLC/QoL improvements for due to the Morrowind launch. Because we are owed something for that quarter, as opposed to having already known what we would be getting for that quarter, they basically have free reign to give away whatever trivialities they want and treat is as making up for the lost content. It will absolutely be marketed that way if push comes to shove in the future, and it's already being perceived that way by players.

And I wholeheartedly disagree, people don't deserve to lose money. That's a pretty backwards way of thinking. People deserve to be exploited? Not in my worldview.

And again, it is gambling because we did pay. Since this is effectively replacing a DLC for Q2, we have basically paid the Q2 sub price in exchange for five gambling boxes. It is more like if you got a cable subscription, they failed to deliver new channels in Q2 despite that being an advertised advantage of your subscription, and then after not delivering they gave you a bundle "FoR fReE" that might contain channels you want, but probably not. And it's a moot point for me anyway because as I stated, I'm not opening them or using any items from them because I won't let my character be free advertisement and enticement for others to gamble.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg
    Ya have they ever commented on this? I mean jesus the crates are an addicting money pit as it is, why give out a nix hound in every other crate.. LITERALLY!
    I don't think they have. But with the data coming in through Faunter's add-on and the stuff I already have from Wild Hunt and Storm Atro, maybe we can work something out.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Free stuff worth over 1.5k crowns? Awesome! Thank you zos!

I'm actually surprised that this is the first ESO+ trial event. It's such an obviously good idea to get people hooked on the craft bag, costume dying, double bank slots and double housing item caps. Not to mention access to the dlc for those who haven't tried it before.
    Edited by silvereyes on July 4, 2017 12:38AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is so bad right now I doubt Ill be able to even get them.
  • ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    I hear people on this forum complaining about lag, server crashes, etc... but have yet to see either one.

It's like you guys never tried to play one of those crappy Korean MMO's from ten years ago or something...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    itzTJ wrote: »
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg
    I don't think they have. But with the data coming in through Faunter's add-on and the stuff I already have from Wild Hunt and Storm Atro, maybe we can work something out.
    I know when I opened mine and did your data (which I screwed up BTW, I'm the guy who placed the bonus cards in the wrong place as I just went 1 - 5 listing them in order, SORRY!) I only got 3 Nix Hounds out of 15 crates, with one of each Ashlander costume, 1 duplicate costume and the Dwarven Orb toy.

So whilst they do seem to drop more and the data clearly makes it look insane, I don't know if it's actually as bad as everyone says. That said it's RNG, so some people might really of had worse.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear people on this forum complaining about lag, server crashes, etc... but have yet to see either one.

It's like you guys never tried to play one of those crappy Korean MMO's from ten years ago or something...

That's because it's not hitting everyone. Trust me, I play from SE Asia, and I understand abnormal amount of lag. This is not normal, this is quite literally unplayable and it's affecting people all over including the US and EU on their respective servers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People tend to use the word "server" when they are referring to Cyrodiil, which really confuses the issue. That makes it sound like the whole megaserver is crashing. When that is the case, a couple hundred people might be experiencing a problem while many more than that are completely unaware of it because they are not in that Campaign.

I have not seen any lag or high latency that I feel really needs to be complained about. Mostly it is short duration, and not very frequent. Less than one instance per day. I have had precisely and exactly two crashes (immediate logout) since Morrowind came out on PC, both on the same day, and both last weekend. I attribute my good fortune to clean living, which mostly means staying out of Cyrodiil. :smile:

This promotional event is to try and capture new players entering the game, and any existing players that have not used ESO Plus or Crown Crates. It is not about retention or woo-ing back people.

Edited by Elsonso on July 4, 2017 12:44PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like the drugsellers on the street giving the first fix for free and then some discount and then when the person is hooked/addicted only full price.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In german we would say: "Einem geschenkten Gaul, schaut man nicht ins Maul." Meaning, you dont complain when you get something for free.

Still i really dont like this bonus event. It's quite obvious, it's for triggering people to buy crown crates and to buy ESO+. I wouldnt have a problem with that (i respect that there has to come money from somewhere), if ZOS wouldnt just focus on how to bring people to waste all their money into the crown store but would also focus on essential and basic stuff of the game, like bugfixing and support. Due to that i just feel like a milked cow - this bonus event wont help me over that feeling.

I tried to write it the most constructive way, I could. Actually I have way worse words in my mind.

Best wishes,
    me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urkraft wrote: »
    In german we would say: "Einem geschenkten Gaul, schaut man nicht ins Maul." Meaning, you dont complain when you get something for free.

Still i really dont like this bonus event. It's quite obvious, it's for triggering people to buy crown crates and to buy ESO+. I wouldnt have a problem with that (i respect that there has to come money from somewhere), if ZOS wouldnt just focus on how to bring people to waste all their money into the crown store but would also focus on essential and basic stuff of the game, like bugfixing and support. Due to that i just feel like a milked cow - this bonus event wont help me over that feeling.

I tried to write it the most constructive way, I could. Actually I have way worse words in my mind.

Best wishes,
    me.
    Marketing and the people doing this aren't the developers though. It's not like the people working on group finder bugs all stop and start working on marketing campaigns, then don't do any more group finder work until the event is over.

I would imagine this entire thing used at most management, marketing, accounts, server team and community team.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Best wishes,
    me.
    Marketing and the people doing this aren't the developers though. It's not like the people working on group finder bugs all stop and start working on marketing campaigns, then don't do any more group finder work until the event is over.

I would imagine this entire thing used at most management, marketing, accounts, server team and community team.

I cant hear/read this argument anymore. Aren't people tired of bringing this up again and again?

It always sounds like a company wont ever be able to hire people anymore. In the end its ZOS decision, where it puts in the money gained from the players, which departments get increased, decreased or delayed to india and ZOS priorities are clear.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great! I was just about to re-sub anyway.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes,
    me.

I cant hear/read this argument anymore. Aren't people tired of bringing this up again and again?

It always sounds like a company wont ever be able to hire people anymore. In the end its ZOS decision, where it puts in the money gained from the players, which departments get increased, decreased or delayed to india and ZOS priorities are clear.
    We bring it up because it's most likely true. ZOS are very unlikely to be using their development staff to run marketing campaigns.

As for which departments get increased let's take a look... https://jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/7
    Looks like a mix of multiple departments, including development.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes,
    me.

We bring it up because it's most likely true. ZOS are very unlikely to be using their development staff to run marketing campaigns.

As for which departments get increased let's take a look... https://jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/7
    Looks like a mix of multiple departments, including development.

I am not interested repeating my answer again, seemingly you didnt get, that your argument is totally invalid as answer to my criticism. It abslutely has nothing to do with each other.

Lets guess, you have 250 € in your pocket and are supposed to pay a bill with it, but instead of you chose to buy new clothes from it. Do you tell the person you owe the money, that your monthly budget is splitted into food, flat, clothes and other stuf fu have to pay monthly based and that you couldnt pay it, because your bills-budget was empty even though your clothes-budget wasnt? Do you think, the person you owe that money is interested, how you split up your monthly budget, which goes into food, your flat/house, your clothes or into other bills? He just sees, you have some other priorities than paying him. That's it.

I also know the job page. But I dont care for it, someone can write on his page whatever he wants. I as customer can only judge by what i get. So I am paying since 3 years, i also bought some crown packets in the past, I bought Morrowind. I have a nice collection at least of some crown items, even though I dont have all or sthg like that...

So you now answer me, I should check a page AHA! I judge how much ZOS is doing on what i see, while ZOS is spamming me meanwhile even in the forums about how they want even more and more and more and more and more cash from me, without having even a proper support which is able to answer me, not able to react on a bot- or goldsellerreport, or on an exploitinfo, nor is ZOS even able to find out within one month what happened to some houses or fix essential stuff.

All I see is this:

giphy.gif
    Edited by Urkraft on July 4, 2017 3:30PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I came back with Morrowind, after being gone since the game went buy to play. I left back then because I did not like how the transition was handled, and I still don't. Took me quite some thinking if I should ever come back, and normally I wouldn't have as I felt cheated.

However, I'm really glad I came back. So far I've enjoyed the game alot, and Morrowind was in my opinion 100% worth it. For the record, I've only been solo questing(Morrowind) from cadwell's silver since I've been gone. I did subscribe to ESO+, as the crafting bag is really useful and I felt ZOS deserved it for morrowind.

I do feel something is terribly off with ESO+ though, as when you subscribe to ESO+ for even a month, you have enough time to play through all the available DLC. And after your ESO+ expires, you get to keep the biggest benefit: the crafting bag. Everything that is in there, stays in there. So basically, all you have to do to play all the content and get the biggest benefit from ESO+ is subscribe for a single month. There is absolutely no reason to stick around or pay for more than one month ESO+!

Which is basically what this event does, give everyone the biggest ESO+ benefits for free, without any effort. While the ESO+ subscribers get 5 crown crates as compensation, but we actually have to do stuff for it(log in). When it are actually the ESO+ subscribers who pay for convenience.

In my opinion that makes this event backwards logic for current ESO+ subscribers. Now, I'm not against it, or outraged or anything, but it is weird when you think about it. Therefor I do hope the 5 days free ESO+ membership benefits are voided when those 5 days end. Mostly the crafting bag items being placed back in player's inventory and stuff like that(not gear earned from DLC taken away).

For better event types, ZOS might want to take a look around at other games. There are thousands of event options available.

PS: Some other ESO+ benefits I would like to see(my opinion):
    -More quest slots in the journal(50).
    -No travel costs to wayshrines from anywhere.
    -No maximum champion point limit. (gives very small bonuses anyways)
    *Note: I'm against pay to win mechanics.

PSS: Personally if I were ZOS I would disconnect DLC from ESO+ and place the DLC's for a set price in the crown store. Then connect all the DLC to ESO+ months, for free. Subscribe in total two months, get the oldest DLC for free. Subscribe in total four months, get the second DLC for free. And so forth. This give players the option/incentive to subscribe longer and get free DLC as benefits, or buy the desired DLC straight away for a set price. This would also give new players a reason to subscribe(and stick around) for longer, for the free DLC packs with longer subscriptions. Instead of subscribing for just one month to get all the major ESO+ benefits AND access to all DLC with enough time to play through all of it(one month), as it is now.
    ^^ This would benefit ZOS's profits, long term subscribers and newer players!

**Edited in: I never really understood how the current ESO+ could ever have been implemented, because when you think about it for more than two minutes it is a very flawed long-term subscription solution DLC-wise. As one future ESO+ month will give you all the benefits at once(all DLC, crafting bag etc) for which long-term players have had to pay for years for. This both hurts ZOS's profits and makes long time subscribers feel bad(hurts profits even more). As opposed to my above solution, which rewards subscribing longer. Basically, the current ESO+ feels punishing instead of rewarding, and there is no point to subscribe for more than one month at a time(years). Which means new players can take one ESO+ month and do all DLC, then move on to other games... which in turn also hurts ZOS's profits as they won't be around to see other crown store sales/promotions. **
    Edited by Sarannah on July 4, 2017 6:13PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes,
    me.

It only gets brought up again and again because people keep bringing up "ZOS should focus on X instead of Y" again and again. If that stops being mentioned, others won't feel the need to keep correcting it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged in just to add my two drakes: namely, that the banner announcing the event on the bottom of the screen is very obnoxious.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.