The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Campaigns for Morrowind

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    So the few on haderus pc na will now be on the new TF .. sweet. so when the lag is just as unbearable as usual there is no place to escape to for cp pvp. GG.

Nobody is going to force you all to cram yourselves into that campaign like clowns in a VW bug. But hey, if CP make you that much better...I guess it's your call.

It can't just be that people prefer CP pvp. People with that preference now have no options. People who preferred no-cp PvP did not need options because their campaign barely fills as it is and mainly on weekends.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • GazHilarant
    GazHilarant
    ✭✭
    This is a smart change, on PS4 Azura Star is always completely lag free because no one wants to play without CP, so why not make all the campaigns empty and lag free?
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I'm having trouble understanding the ruleset for Kyne. Any input?

It'll be the equivalent of the old non-vet campaigns, so only characters under level 50 will be able to play there.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    %/%&&%/&/&% ... those are my thoughts!

What is this crap. There is and always has been NO CP campaigns available. Guess what... yeah nobody that plays PvP is freaking interested. They are EMPTY as they should be.

Basically what the **** are you doing? You are doing poor job with most of the class changes already and this just boils it for me.

Your so called tests or whatever was that crap as well aren't the reason. The lag was there and has remained ever since and also to be honest you don't give a crap about Cyrodill do you? You never have and you never will. I even doubt you play your own game.

The only thing that has kept me interested with this game is Cyrodill. Guess what you are screwing it with superb effort.

How about you start honestly explaining your vision with this dead idea?

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 16, 2017 7:38PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    So the few on haderus pc na will now be on the new TF .. sweet. so when the lag is just as unbearable as usual there is no place to escape to for cp pvp. GG.

Nobody is going to force you all to cram yourselves into that campaign like clowns in a VW bug. But hey, if CP make you that much better...I guess it's your call.

It can't just be that people prefer CP pvp. People with that preference now have no options. People who preferred no-cp PvP did not need options because their campaign barely fills as it is and mainly on weekends.

Your preference has been noted. I prefer my MDK to have dynamic ult generation...but that isn't the game ZOS wanted, I guess. We don't pick the rules, they do. It seems this is the direction they are hoping to steer the PVP game. Luckily for you, they chickened out and left a CP campaign in, to indulge your preferences. If the queue is unacceptably long for you, then I guess you have some decisions to make. But additional CP campaigns don't appear to be in the cards.

Edited by apostate9 on May 16, 2017 6:07PM
  • Chres
    Chres
    ✭✭
    cool, can i now have my money back, pls...............?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the names are changing. A cool little change with Morrowind.

It is no longer easy for ZOS to go about making these CP/No-CP choices. They'll face scrutiny no matter which route they take. This is due to the way the Champion System provides such powerful flat buffs to your stats. Nothing can balance it in PvP.

Personally I think that the best choice now would be to straight up finally disable CPs in PvP, since it is currently only present in one campaign. Get rid of CPs in PvP, remove resource cost poisons/Siphoning, and see how it goes.

An alternative solution would be a rework of the CP system to make it buff your character with unique passives and such rather than give flat boosts to stats, but that's a different story.

This is how I see it at least these days.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your preference has been noted. I prefer my MDK to have streak and Hardened Ward...but that isn't the game ZOS created. We don't pick the rules, they do. It seem this is the direction they are hoping to steer the PVP game. Luckily for you, they chickened out and left a CP campaign in, to indulge your preferences. If the queue is unacceptably long for you, then I guess you have some decisions to make. But additional CP campaigns don't appear to be in the cards.

All true. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if there were some sort of explanation/admission that the system they created is screwed up and rather than overhaul in a way that could allow for it to be used to make interesting and varied builds they're taking the easy route of slowly killing it?
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

It is no longer easy for ZOS to go about making these CP/No-CP choices. They'll face scrutiny no matter which route they take. This is due to the way the Champion System provides such powerful flat buffs to your stats. Nothing can balance it in PvP.

Personally I think that the best choice now would be to straight up finally disable CPs in PvP, since it is currently only present in one campaign. Get rid of CPs in PvP, remove resource cost poisons/Siphoning, and see how it goes.

An alternative solution would be a rework of the CP system to make it buff your character with unique passives and such rather than give flat boosts to stats, but that's a different story.

Agreed. The inclusion of one CP campaign looks like they just flinched at the last second, and now people are going to jam themselves cheek and jowl into Vivec, rather than go to Sotha and get right in. Complaints about the queue time are incoming already.

One would hope the changes to CP would have given them confidence they had made the system workable for PVP, and ALL campaigns would be CP enabled. If the changes do not address PVP balance...then none of them should be. But some of one and some of the other makes for an unpredictable and disjointed gaming experience.
    Edited by apostate9 on May 16, 2017 6:08PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they want to make PvP no cp, please rework our stats(that all got nerfed to accomodate for the buffs we'd acquire with cp) and, most importantly, rework siege and poisons. You cannot scrap system A(vet levels, no cp whatsoever), spend months changing things making system B work(cp), then just remove system B and call it good.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So the people who worked hard for their CP to use them for pvp only get the shaft. Nope. I know personally 20 people who would leave immediately. Yet alone the players on other factions.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Your preference has been noted. I prefer my MDK to have streak and Hardened Ward...but that isn't the game ZOS created. We don't pick the rules, they do. It seem this is the direction they are hoping to steer the PVP game. Luckily for you, they chickened out and left a CP campaign in, to indulge your preferences. If the queue is unacceptably long for you, then I guess you have some decisions to make. But additional CP campaigns don't appear to be in the cards.

All true. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if there were some sort of explanation/admission that the system they created is screwed up and rather than overhaul in a way that could allow for it to be used to make interesting and varied builds they're taking the easy route of slowly killing it?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of how it is being handled either. But I don't think such an admission is going to be forthcoming, so yeah. They're going to kill it by inches probably.
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    How are you not doing a 7 day cp that's ***
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your preference has been noted. I prefer my MDK to have dynamic ult generation...but that isn't the game ZOS wanted, I guess. We don't pick the rules, they do. It seems this is the direction they are hoping to steer the PVP game. Luckily for you, they chickened out and left a CP campaign in, to indulge your preferences. If the queue is unacceptably long for you, then I guess you have some decisions to make. But additional CP campaigns don't appear to be in the cards.

You'd have a good analogy if they had only taken dynamic ult gen away from DK and left it on every other class. That's not what happened though. ZOS hasn't changed the rules of the game. They're trying to force people into doing something they don't want to do. I think they're upset that after the no-cp advertising week things just went back to normal instead of more people crowding the no-cp campaign. They're trying to run some psychology test or something.

If you're going to provide different options for gameplay at least accommodate the player's choice.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

So the people who worked hard for their CP to use them for pvp only get the shaft. Nope. I know personally 20 people who would leave immediately. Yet alone the players on other factions.

ESO is "hard work?"

Maybe ZOS should be paying you?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Kyne is a level 10-49 campaign with a 7-day duration (the first post has been updated to reflect, sorry about that!)

Also, personal attacks against Brian or any of our other developers will not be tolerated. You don't need to sugarcoat your posts, but please leave personal attacks and outright bashing out of it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, why does the platform with the least amount of players get 2 CP campaigns? I don't get it...

However no CP pvp is def fun!
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd have a good analogy if they had only taken dynamic ult gen away from DK and left it on every other class. That's not what happened though. ZOS hasn't changed the rules of the game. They're trying to force people into doing something they don't want to do. I think they're upset that after the no-cp advertising week things just went back to normal instead of more people crowding the no-cp campaign. They're trying to run some psychology test or something.

If you're going to provide different options for gameplay at least accommodate the player's choice.

I see it as perfectly analogous. They took dynamic ult from every class, and CP from every class in the new campaigns. They aren't taking CP away from you in Sotha, and letting your enemies keep theirs. You are not *forced* to do anything except play the game with the new ruleset. You would rather play with CP. I'd rather play with dynamic ultimate. Be happy you at least, have an outlet for that desire, in the form of Vivec. I have no such outlet. Many players would like to have CP, or dynamic ult, or blinding flashes, or the old Bat Swarm or...or...or...

It doesn't matter. This is what is. CP today, on Live in Cyrodiil...is broken. It just is. It is not in alignment with the original game design and it is causing horrendous gameplay problems. We can rationalize around it all day long, but this implementation is not conducive to long-term growth for PvP in ESO, and I want to see it grow. So does ZOS. So here we are. Maybe they can get the CP system tamed to the point that it doesn't allow power creep to break the game, but I am not sure we are there yet, and they don't seem sure either.

Edited by apostate9 on May 16, 2017 6:36PM
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Imperial City.

Why kill off 7 day CP? The only way to get into IC and actually use your damn CP? Vivec will be a monster now.

Why do you want us to play crippled so much?
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    queue times are going to be brutal for vivec....

zos definitely missed the boat not having a 7 day cp map...

wish they had made IC its own map...

gonna take some getting used to switching from battlegrounds to cp pvp...probably just go from epic drinks (battlegrounds) to epic food (vivec)...hopefully that'll work okay...

too funny - we went from like 15 maps down to 4...hmmmmm, pvp pop dropping a little...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 16, 2017 6:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally would rather no Cp campaigns at all, but I welcome these changes. I find current Azuras fights to be so much more enjoyable than CP fights.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed Xbox NA got an extra campaign....hmm sounds like a change in guard for master ESO race
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne is a level 10-49 campaign with a 7-day duration (the first post has been updated to reflect, sorry about that!)

Also, personal attacks against Brian or any of our other developers will not be tolerated. You don't need to sugarcoat your posts, but please leave personal attacks and outright bashing out of it.

Explaining would help with this. And while we're at it, explaining no-CP in Battlegrounds would be good too. Not that "All Battlegrounds currently restrict Champion Points." isn't a thorough explanation. There are reasons for CP exclusion, and I'm dying to know ZOS's reasons? Bad system, maybe?
    Edited by Sandman929 on May 16, 2017 6:35PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...

RIP Azura, you had the best name of all. :cry:

Also come on, wouldn't it be easier to just remove CP already? So many game changes to work around it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtykdx wrote: »
    RIP Imperial City.

Why kill off 7 day CP? The only way to get into IC and actually use your damn CP? Vivec will be a monster now.

Why do you want us to play crippled so much?

If they would just tone down the damage and HP of the PVE mobs in these campaigns, it would be fine, IMHO. PvP in IC with no CP is fun and fast-paced. It's the monstrous banner bosses and such that get dragged on to your group that are such a bummer.

• Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another reason for me not to buy Morrowind. Beginning to wonder whether I'll even play ESO anymore.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical ZoS: Even though more people play CP than no CP, they completely disregard the majority and change a CP campaign into a No CP campaign.

Don't tell me the q is under 25. Last weekend spend an hour waiting for an 90+ q on red.

Here is how that decision came down:

[snip]

[edited for misinformation/bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 16, 2017 7:42PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any input on the change to the 7-day campaign since I only play the 30-day CP campaign, but the naming conventions are a little strange! Instead of Kyne we should go with Dumac or Kagrenac or someone like that to fit the Morrowind lore theme. And maybe Nerevar for the Xbox exclusive? IDK you could switch them around as needed but that would make more sense for the Morrowind theme.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? I've been supportive through most changes and introduction to wardens but you need to cater to your end game players too. Why isn't there a 7 day cp server? So every person that wants to use CP has to all que for vivec? Because that won't be a lag fest.

You NEED to make a 30 day non CP and CP. A 7 day noncp and CP. And a battlegrounds server with CP and one with non CP.

New players are exactly that, new. You guys have done some really great changes and opened up the world so more new players keep coming. But some people have tons of CP and love this game for end content and highly competitive pvp. I personally liked both non CP and CP but I don't want to be forced to play non. Take care of the OGs, they keep the game alive.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    RANT APPROACHING...
    So, apparently, you guys (ZOS) don't know what the actual problem is in Cyrodiil's lag so your knee-jerk reaction is to give us (XB NA) only 2 CP campaigns while the rest are all no CP. IMO you're saying "the heck with all of you who have spent endless hours in this game". What's the benefit that you're going to give us to make up for the amount of CP we've accrued over the years for PvPers? Nothing. A big, fat zero. Here's a lofty idea -- why don't you actually redesign the CP system instead of punishing those of us who feel it's a useful tool to tweak our toons? Oh, right. You don't really want us to play how we want to play even though that's what you tell us. Plus, it's probably like really hard and stuff. I know, we still have 2 campaigns but I don't really feel like I'm going to enjoy waiting in a queue that takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to get into a CP campaign. Neither are my guildies. But that's your plan, right? To "push" us to the non CP campaigns. @ZOS_GinaBruno Are you guys AT LEAST going to nerf the darn NPCs in the non-CP campaigns? Are you guys going to nerf the darn poisons in the CP campaigns? NO? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.