The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All my characters are deleted!

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU as usual gets fisted and screwed by ZOS. Ty very much...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here on both servers. Game goes to character creation and both my Adventures Pack and Imperial Upgrade don’t work. This leads me to think that all my Crown Store down loads have been lost. And what about my ESO Plus? Seems that all my records have been lost and I am being treated as a new player. Rebooted my PC and did a repair but no joy.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Let's try this one step at a time.
    • Choose EU at the login screen
    • Close the game and patcher
    • Wait a couple minutes
    • Log back in
    • Check and make sure the Message of the Day references EU
    • Success?

To shed some light for everyone on how to work it (PLEASE MAKE A STICKY FOR THIS GINA!!)

1) Select Live-EU
    2) Wait a few minutes UNTIL THE MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM SAYS EUROPEAN SERVER
    3) Wait a minute more (Occasionally it flicks back)
    4) If it stays log in and characters are present

Have fun all and see you there!

Pretty please tell me where the F I'm supposed to be to even SEE "Live-EU"

It is NOT on my launcher.

I don't see any difference when I restart my computer.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    • Wait a couple minutes
    • Log back in
    • Success?

To shed some light for everyone on how to work it (PLEASE MAKE A STICKY FOR THIS GINA!!)

1) Select Live-EU

U see it when you launch the game
    Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    it's in the game guys. not the launcher. so click play, then the screen were you put your name and pw there you have the select option
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    it's in the game guys. not the launcher. so click play, then the screen were you put your name and pw there you have the select option
    You may also want to try closing the game and reopening it. First time I logged in I didn't see Server(Live) on the sidebar. Second time I did.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Options
  • Red_Melisandre
    Red_Melisandre
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tried that - MOTD still refers to NA server, not EU server

Ok. Try this:

When you click on EU at the login screen, just wait at that screen until you see the MOTD switch to reference EU. When we tried it here, it took about 3-4 minutes.

Let us know if that works?

It works but are we supposed to do this everytime we launch the game?
    The night is dark and full of terrors but the fire burns them all away
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    • Wait a couple minutes
    • Log back in
    • Success?

1) Select Live-EU

It's not on the launcher. After you hit play from the launcher when you get to the login screen where you enter your user ID and password there should be something on the left that says SERVER(LIVE). If you click on that it will give you the option of switching to EU.

Whether it actually works for you is another story.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Rexx
    Rexx
    From what I understand now is that a total player wipe of both US and EU servers are what they had planned. Since you can go anywhere and do anything, all zones are player leveled there is no need for levels any longer. PVP has player leveling so no need for levels there either. Champion points are now just fluff for those of us who are addicted.
    There will be a semester long class offered on how to play the game now since there is so much content and so many details on gear, weaps, crafting, play style, dungeons, boss drops, etc. You can now earn a degree on how to play the game.
    Options
  • Beaveri
    Beaveri
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot get my EU characters up and running with any of the hints here. Seems that it is now really the ONE Tamriel (whole world = NA). Thanks ZOS!
    PC EU - PVP

Queen Visenya | Magicka DK
    Queen Valkyrie | Stamina DK
    Queen Nymeria | Magicka Sorcerer
    Queen Astrape | Stamina Sorcerer
    Queen Umbra | Magicka/Stamina Nightblade
    Queen Skadi | Magicka Warden
    Queen Greenseer | Stamina Warden
    Queen Marzanna | Magicka Necromancer
    Queen Kalma | Stamina Necromancer
    Queen Durga | Magicka Templar
    Queen Melisandre | Stamina Templar
    Queen Rhaenys | Stamina Templar
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to work for me now, don't know how though.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok. Try this:

When you click on EU at the login screen, just wait at that screen until you see the MOTD switch to reference EU. When we tried it here, it took about 3-4 minutes.

Not unless you're actively swapping between both servers. Even so, we'll be fixing this so it won't take as long when you do switch servers.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has something to do with the maps in My Documents
    Options
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno guys do you have a QA department?
    Edited by Ilmarthethief on October 5, 2016 6:37PM
    Options
  • Vulnevia
    Vulnevia
    ✭✭
    I managed to get into the EU server by switching from Live (EU) to Live and back to Live (EU) again.

Maybe someone already gave that advice but can't read the whole thread =)
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it safe to start downloading update or should I wait? I am NA server guy. These issues only affect EU?
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose when Mannimarco said you would regret setting him free...maybe all the characters have been killed again...and the cycle continues.

Molag Bal: "All your souls are belongs to us!"
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we get a sticky or an announcement to alert EU players of the issue and server select changes. Seeing more and more threads started by confused players.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    888and888 wrote: »
    andy_s wrote: »
    Close the game, start again, select Live, accept, select Live EU again. Enjoy :)

That's worked, thanks

Ehm... there is a small issue: I have to do those steps every time I log into the game...
    Options
  • Yumzer
    Yumzer
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok. Try this:

Not unless you're actively swapping between both servers. Even so, we'll be fixing this so it won't take as long when you do switch servers.

No, I have the problem too. I do not switch between the servers as I have no chars on the NA server. At client startup the menu will show that the EU server is selected BUT the NA MOTD is shown and when I do log in I get the NA server. It can be solved by deleting the usersettings.txt file before EVERY client startup.
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, wait, have people actually lost toons or is it just a dodgy server issue?
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ?
    Yumzer wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok. Try this:

No, I have the problem too. I do not switch between the servers as I have no chars on the NA server. At client startup the menu will show that the EU server is selected BUT the NA MOTD is shown and when I do log in I get the NA server. It can be solved by deleting the usersettings.txt file before EVERY client startup.

That is correct. Every time.

You have to explicitly select live, then select live-eu then wait.

In another thread someone joked about EU players being second class citizens... this isn't helping :(
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Nobody has lost anything, it's a problem with people not being able to reliably access the EU server instead of the NA server.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    1. Select EU, login.
    2. Logout, and select NA and login again.
    3. Then logout and select EU again and everything is there.
    Edited by Martan on October 5, 2016 6:38PM
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I feel a little apprehensive about when this update goes live on the consoles. I am sure I have no reason to worry....probably.... :#
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should consider changing their outsourcer (I can't believe own team can produce such amounts of bugs). Before its too late.
    I suppose you can hire some Eastern European guys instead of Asian (will not tell exact country not to be blamed a rasist). Usually it helps.
    Edited by Ilmarthethief on October 5, 2016 6:40PM
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Nobody has lost anything, it's a problem with people not being able to reliably access the EU server instead of the NA server.

How strange :/ I'm waiting before I do any updates. Hopefully it'll be fixed by then :)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    For some reason I feel a little apprehensive about when this update goes live on the consoles. I am sure I have no reason to worry....probably.... :#
    This issue shouldn't affect console at all, as it's an issue with the launcher and PC client being changed to allow you to play on either server with only 1 installation. From what I understand console has always been able to play on either server with only 1 installation.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try closing the game completely and logging back in. Are you still running into the issue?

I have done this several times. It works intermittently.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it going to be this chaotic for ps4?... and why didn't you keep the launcher/client part as it was?
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    Options