The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

All my characters are deleted!

• HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    Ok so when I tried to update the game, by pc restarted and now I am trying to download the full game =(
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is beyond a bloody joke...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Momomani wrote: »
    Does anyone have a clue how to fix the addon problem??
    @Momomani All add-ons need to be moved to the "live" folder, which would have happened automatically if you only play on one server one the launcher said "Do you want add-ons and settings from the NA or EU server?". If you've misplaced them, look in the "live_archive" or "liveeu_archive" folder. If you're using Minion, you will want to reset its add-on folder detection.

And "actively working on"? Actively? How do you inactively work on a problem?
    By sticking it in the "to do later" list :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so when I tried to update the game, by pc restarted and now I am trying to download the full game =(
    @HayleyTaurus Cancel the installation, and go to where ESO is installed. Look for the folders called "The Elder Scrolls Online" and "The Elder Scrolls Online EU". One of them will only have a part-download - delete that one, and rename the other one to take the name of the one you deleted. (If you don't want to outright delete it right away, just rename it to _Old or something -- the important thing is to rename the one with all the client data in to the name the launcher is expecting to find.)
    Edited by Enodoc on October 6, 2016 9:30PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • alpehans
    alpehans
    ✭✭
    If it affected the NA players it would have been fixed all ready .......
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alpehans wrote: »

EXACTLY ^^
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross-posting this for exposure:
    We have several issues involving the ESO Launcher since Update 12 was released that we’re working on addressing, but want to provide some clarity and workarounds until these fixes are in place.

Server selection on launcher only says “The Elder Scrolls Online (NA)”
    This is a known display error associated with the Update 12 patch that results in the ESO Launcher displaying "The Elder Scrolls Online (NA)" as your only server option. Please note that the launcher no longer indicates which Megaserver you are connecting to, and the option to choose your server is now found within the in-game login screen.

Can’t switch to EU megaserver
    First, make sure you’re selecting the Live EU megaserver from the in-game login screen; it is no longer done from the Launcher. Once you select Live EU, it may take several minutes for the server selection to update. Wait until you see the MotD change to reference EU before you log into the game.

If you've tried the above and still can't connect to EU after waiting several minutes, try selecting Live, then switch back to Live-EU and wait until the MotD updates.

EU characters appear to be missing
    Make sure you’re logging into the correct server by choosing your preferred server at the in-game login screen, then wait until you see the MotD change to reference EU. Logging in before this occurs will place you in the NA megaserver.

Realm Status icon is missing
    This was temporarily removed since server selection is now done in-game, but we do plan on adding some sort of notification to the launcher in the future. In the meantime, you can check realm status through the MotD on the launcher and login screen, visiting the Service Alerts page, keeping an eye on the forums for updated banners, or following us on Twitter @TESOnline.

Computer reboots during patch download
    This is due to an update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Once this update is applied, your patch progress should continue. In the event you get stuck in a rebooting loop, you can visit Microsoft’s page to download the update manually.

Entire game (40GB) is being downloaded instead of just the patch (2.3GB)
    EU players may find this is happening after the Launcher update is complete. Close the launcher. Navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine, and open the “Launcher” directory. Open “launcher.settings” in Notepad (or any preferred document editor) and look for the “region”:”EU” entry. Change this to read “region”:”US”, and save the launcher.settings file. The launcher can now be reopened and the patch continued.

If “region” is already set to “US” in settings, then navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine. If you see a newly-created folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online”, delete that. Then, rename your original folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online EU” to just “Elder Scrolls Online.” When you re-open the launcher, you will download the 2.3GB patch rather than the entire game.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alpehans wrote: »

Easily said, but almost certainly nonsense.
    Options
  • HayleyTaurus
    HayleyTaurus
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc thanks for your earlier advise. I did what you suggested and it seems to have worked =).
    Options
  • kaliduss
    kaliduss
    ✭✭
    game defaults to NA server, even if u have selected Eu previously. u ahve to swith to NA, then switch back to EU servers and wait till the red text "NORTH AMERICAN server" changes to european server. about 1 minute. ZOS loves us EU players.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Lanxorot deserves a few more Awesomes here. Only 3 so far!?
    PC EU
    Options
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue for me. Can setup Live-EU upon launch, this will work for that session. If logging out or restarting the client however, it will rebind me to the US server, despite showing the EU server in the text on the left side of the screen, I therefore login and appear to have no characters, because the display text has led me to believe I am in the EU server. I then will quit, at which point it will write last server and realm being NA to the usersettings.ini file, and the whole process will continue.

To break the cycle I need to go back to the Server Selection panel, set the radio button to NA, Accept this, then set it to EU and Accept this. If I wait for the red text in the bottom pane to start talking about the EU server, I can login and it will bind me once more to the EU server, until I exit that session when the NA will default yet again on next startup.

I did some fiddling with the usersettings.ini file - putting garbage in the field for LAST server and realm, and the game ignores this and goes direct to the US server everytime. The only one that gets used appears to be related to displaying the server on the left, where it will display whatever is in there, I put Iceland Server on one occasion for example, and it displayed that. I believe this makes people think they are logging into EU, but in fact it's bound to NA, and therefore they think their EU chars are missing.

If anyone from ZOS is reading this, I've been talking to Brad in Escalations who has been doing a great job of troubleshooting this with me, and I've sent him my Platforms.xml and a series of screenshots showing the workflow and issues, plus details re. the ini file etc. So right now he has all the information I've managed to glean on this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by raglau on October 7, 2016 8:15AM
    Options
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have fixed this permanently now, please read the below:

*****BACKUP YOUR ESO FOLDER BEFORE YOU START WORKING ON THIS ISSUE*****
    *****ESO FOLDER IS C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client*****

I'd welcome ZOS comments on the below fix.

I have fixed the EU server selection issue on my two PCs. The issue arises due to flaky code in the AppSettings.txt and Platforms.xml files. These files talk about DepotID 4000, which I have worked out is US, we EU-ers are DepotID4001.

Go to your client folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client (by default) and backup he AppSettings.txt and Platforms.xml files before you do anything.

Then edit AppSettings.txt as per below:

SET DepotId "4001"
    SET DepotEditable "2"
    SET ChannelName "live"

Save this file.

Now edit Platforms.xml (I used Wordpad but you can use any text editor) as per below:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    <platforms><platform><name>Live-EU</name><login_service_url>https://live-eu-services.elderscrollsonline.com</login_service_url><realm_service_url>https://live-eu-services.elderscrollsonline.com</realm_service_url><default>true</default><sleepy_giant>true</sleepy_giant><python_services>true</python_services><default_realm_id>4001</default_realm_id><use_login_queue>true</use_login_queue></platform></platforms>;

Save this file.

This should now always default to logging into DepotID 4001 - the EU server.

My appsettings.txt is located here:
    https://1drv.ms/t/s!AhaoZsGtfKSPh_8VU_TfzE6JVW4jRQ

And my Platforms.xml is located here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhaoZsGtfKSPh_8UKLPnqMPLdlKwqA

*****IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES AFTER THESE CHANGES, RESTORE THE TWO EDITED FILES, OR THE ENTIRE ESO FOLDER*****
    Options