The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All my characters are deleted!

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing in EU and ran into the same issue. First I changed it back to NA then EU and now its fixed somehow.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching to Live-EU and just waiting at login screen several minutes finally worked for me.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Gina posted it's about to change to Live-EU and close the game and launcher and wait few minutes, but it does not work for me actually.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
    Options
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    3o6Ztfp1T1AukDGP4s.gif
    LYDNZAzOqrez6.gif
    ajgz23DpDDB4s.gif
    bb0Xwo6UoHTPy.gif
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, next problem - after check you character and press logg-in it stuck at "requesting character load..." solved
    Edited by Cinbri on October 5, 2016 5:58PM
    Options
  • notmeta
    notmeta
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue and i had to change the servers multiple times in the game before it worked
    Options
  • AsNied
    AsNied
    ✭✭✭
    5 minutes of waiting after selecting Live-EU and Im still in NA server

[Edit to remove profanity and bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 5, 2016 6:30PM
    Options
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    Try closing the game completely and logging back in. Are you still running into the issue?

Yup that worked for me +over 9,000

Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tried that - MOTD still refers to NA server, not EU server

Ok. Try this:

When you click on EU at the login screen, just wait at that screen until you see the MOTD switch to reference EU. When we tried it here, it took about 3-4 minutes.

Let us know if that works?

currently sat on loin screeb waiting to see if it changes, also my LiveEU folder if now empty as all my addons/ screenshots have moved to the Live folder and I've never played on NA server despite launcher claiming i've played on both lol

update: nope still getting sent to NA server, also getting sent access code email everytime :(
    Edited by Zaldan on October 5, 2016 5:37PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • st333vo
    st333vo
    did the hokey cokey with live and eu a few time and finally got the message to change and log in
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is already installed but the stupid thing is insisting on downloading the whole game all over again, I'm not going to get to play till Sunday at this rate :'(
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ok, next problem - after check you character and press logg-in it stuck at "requesting character load..."
    I find that happens the first time I try to log in after almost every major update. Sometimes it'll boot me for inactivity while I'm still waiting for my character to load. The second time I try to log in to a character (any character - not necessarily the same one I was trying to log in to before) after a major update it's typically fine.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • MorningLM
    MorningLM
    Soul Shriven
    I regained access to my characters using the server toggling method, but then found that all my mods were missing. I copied them from where they had been archived to the liveeu folder and started the game again...and I've had to toggle the servers again. It looks as though we have to do that every time we start the game.
    Options
  • Terrilu
    Terrilu
    Soul Shriven
    Waiting at the login screen until the Announcements changed to EU worked for me.
    Options
  • Atlanta
    Atlanta
    Well, tried a lot of times and still all characters gone. Enough is enough Zenimax. Unsubbing today............................................................................................thanks for fixing something that was not broken. You will not get a penny more from me
    Edited by Atlanta on October 5, 2016 5:39PM
    Options
  • EL1TE
    EL1TE
    ✭✭
    andy_s wrote: »
    Close the game, start again, select Live, accept, select Live EU again. Enjoy :)
    This seems to work but i have to do this every time i start the game.

On top of this the patch reset all my addons, screw this.
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe One Tamriel stands for "Back to Square One Tamriel"? :/
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • MorningLM
    MorningLM
    Soul Shriven
    Putting my addons in either the live or liveeu folders has no effect. They aren't recognised anywhere.
    Options
  • seebra
    seebra
    ✭✭✭
    I am stuck at launcher. it says loading...
    daggerfall covenant cp +39050 Seebra -Stamina Imperial DK50 Gularhar -Stamina Imperial Templar42 Mustajänis - Magicka Dark Elf Necromancer50 Superstrike - Magicka Dark Elf Templar
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorningLM wrote: »
    Putting my addons in either the live or liveeu folders has no effect. They aren't recognised anywhere.
    And you have selected "Allow out of date add-ons"?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Same. I moved them into the relevant folder from the archived one and then I couldn't get back on EU.

However, waiting a little and poking around in settings while I waited - hitting 'credits' then clicking out of that seemed to work and the text said EU megaserver. Mods all vanished again.

Edited by AlienSlof on October 5, 2016 5:47PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's try this one step at a time.
    • Choose EU at the login screen
    • Close the game and patcher
    • Wait a couple minutes
    • Log back in
    • Check and make sure the Message of the Day references EU
    • Success?

Negatory. Still says NA.
    Options
  • MorningLM
    MorningLM
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »

Yes, I did.
    Options
  • MorningLM
    MorningLM
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »

Yes, I did.
    Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    waiting works. but then I relog and I have to wait again...

So unhappy with having to rework the whole game... and having to hope the game swiches me to eu were I want to be...

I logged in, all was good. The game crashed then I got into all sorts of screens, wrong server... addons scrambles, sound way to hard.

Zos... pretty please never do this again...

and I have time to rant, cause the game is still on NA while I type this... might become a long post this way...

hmm what did I have for dinner... what shall I do with my hair tomorrow.... *yawns, peeks* still NA....
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Gina's solutions doesn't work for me either... Doesn't matter how long I wait, how many times I switch the server or how many times I relog....
    Options
  • Lanxorot
    Lanxorot
    Let's try this one step at a time.
    • Choose EU at the login screen
    • Close the game and patcher
    • Wait a couple minutes
    • Log back in
    • Check and make sure the Message of the Day references EU
    • Success?

Nope - on relog the servers always set to NA.
    What really helps is selection again like:

1. Launch patcher.
    2. On Log-in screen BEFORE typing password do the following:
    3. Click on Server - select Live + click on Accept.
    4. Again click on Server select Live-EU + click on Accept.
    5. Type password and login - voila all the characters and EU servers with no waiting....

Looks like NA servers hardcoded in the patcher :neutral:
    Options
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tried that - MOTD still refers to NA server, not EU server

Ok. Try this:

When you click on EU at the login screen, just wait at that screen until you see the MOTD switch to reference EU. When we tried it here, it took about 3-4 minutes.

Let us know if that works?

currently sat on loin screeb waiting to see if it changes, also my LiveEU folder if now empty as all my addons/ screenshots have moved to the Live folder and I've never played on NA server despite launcher claiming i've played on both lol

update: nope still getting sent to NA server, also getting sent access code email everytime :(

For the access code make sure you have the house selected for Trusted Machine. That used to happen to me because I had the Lock selected for untrusted.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    did you select Live instead of Live EU as your server ?

Please please tell me where the FF you have the choice to switch back and forth.

It used to be with the "gear" on the upper right corner of the launcher.

I don't see it anywhere.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    andy_s wrote: »
    Close the game, start again, select Live, accept, select Live EU again. Enjoy :)

How? Every time I launch, I only see PC NA on the left side of the launcher (with PTS under it).

No "live"

No "live eu"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options