The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

1.5 To Live Servers "Early Next Week"

Dominoid
Dominoid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1347284/#Comment_1347284

"We assume that we update 5 early next week to play on the live servers." - Kai via Google
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty ridiculous that 1.5.2 supposedly has many updates, especially to werewolves, that will go completely untested.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : could you confirm/deny this german announcement?
    The silence is deafening! :#
    Wololo.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    It's pretty ridiculous that 1.5.2 supposedly has many updates, especially to werewolves, that will go completely untested.
    This happens every update. If you weren't expecting it before, you should now.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week. :)

Looking forward to the nerf to stealthed attacks, should be awesome.

Was wondering if there's an option where you can have "please kill me" in neon flashing lights if your stam is over 2400, or your magicka is under 1200? Thanks.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know, I feel the same way.. But Lets give it a chance 1st... then Rail hard about it if it really sucks..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on October 31, 2014 2:30AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know, I feel the same way.. But Lets give it a chance 1st... then Rail hard about it if it really sucks..

Ive already given this game 6 months and my money.It's not as if I haven't given it a chance.

To be fair to zos, its their job to *** I'm more annoyed at myself for buying it.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on October 31, 2014 2:42AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't want to run around in my 2.2k heal glass cannon caster and have no fear of getting ganked.
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope your aim is true!
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It's this keyword ''aiming'' that makes me sad...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be sad, Gina never misses!
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Right :) Gina, I trust your aiming skills.
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why did you lie to us that you would transfer the EU characters before 1.5 going live?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Why did you lie to us that you would transfer the EU characters before 1.5 going live?
    Source? I only remember them saying they would aim to do another transfer for another update (ie, it'll be the EU characters that are transferred for testing Update 6).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I really do LOVE the content of the Update5, I believe there is things that could be annalysed and discussed more. I've the feeling it has not been tested enough.

For example, I believe that the difficulty of the Dungeon Scaling is tuned way too low and should be increased. I've been writting a post here about the question and I'd be very curious about the opinion of players that have actually tested the Undaunted Pledge!
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    I feel more and more that we dedicate time to PTS to provide feedback and balance, and that everything that goes live is different from what was tested in PTS.
    So, in the end, live server is the real testing server.
    DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with the new update next week I wonder how many glitches and problems will surface with it?
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - its like they don't learn anything from the previous major updates; it makes no sense why they don't put it on the test bed for a couple of days first.

• Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Yes - its like they don't learn anything from the previous major updates; it makes no sense why they don't put it on the test bed for a couple of days first.

they really dont learn anything...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on whether they are making the new level scaling in instanced dungeons optional? Poll results indicate that over a 2/3rds majority want the level scaling to be optional, and not forced.

Given that the 6-month subs are about to expire, it would be a very bad time to implement a change that alienates a noticeable percentage of your casual players...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on whether they are making the new level scaling in instanced dungeons optional? Poll results indicate that over a 2/3rds majority want the level scaling to be optional, and not forced.

Given that the 6-month subs are about to expire, it would be a very bad time to implement a change that alienates a noticeable percentage of your casual players...

A poll with 192 responses indicates that 70% either don't want scaling or want it optional. I am not certain that these 192 folk are a representative cross-section of the overall game population. I suspect that the majority of players would not notice or care if it was optional.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭

A poll with 192 responses indicates that 70% either don't want scaling or want it optional. I am not certain that these 192 folk are a representative cross-section of the overall game population. I suspect that the majority of players would not notice or care if it was optional.

This reply is a perfect definition of the term "political spin" by someone's whose point of view lost an election/poll.

The vast majority of casuals don't frequent the forums or read the PTS update notes, so they have no idea what is coming.

When they can't complete the main quest line, they'll complain to friends, etc., but very few will come on the forums to complain or post "i quit" threads. They'll just slip quietly into the night and retreat to games that recognize that they are the true majority of MMOers.

My WAG is that the 70% figure is way understated, when it comes to the casuals and new MMOers, who don't understand or haven't heard that the light at the end of the tunnel for them is a freight train.

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Romo, 100%. Most of the players of the type that would care, are likely not the same ones to frequent the forums. Most MMOs (and this one in particular, I think) have a much larger population of "casuals" than most people realize -- primarily because those casuals are generally not the type to go on game forums and complain.

If this patch goes live with the new level scaling being forced (non-optional), I envision a small percentage of those people that were taken by surprise coming on the forums after the fact to voice their complaints, but the majority of them will just get frustrated and leave.

I like this game, and don't want to see it die, but when game developers choose to only listen to the "vocal minority" of veteran and hardcore gamers, bad decisions like this one get made.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo wrote: »

This reply is a perfect definition of the term "political spin" by someone's whose point of view lost an election/poll.

That would be true if I was against there being a confirmation dialog for dungeon scaling. I particularly want the option to not scale the main quest areas because I don't do the main quest. I don't like it. I wait until the quests turn grey and then do them so it does not take much time to complete.

My objection is the use of any poll on the forums as a demand to Zenimax, whether I agree with the poll results or not. The polls are entertainment, at best. They are not written in an unbiased manner and the population sample has not been demonstrated to correlate with the general population.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be true if I was against there being a confirmation dialog for dungeon scaling. I particularly want the option to not scale the main quest areas because I don't do the main quest. I don't like it. I wait until the quests turn grey and then do them so it does not take much time to complete.

My objection is the use of any poll on the forums as a demand to Zenimax, whether I agree with the poll results or not. The polls are entertainment, at best. They are not written in an unbiased manner and the population sample has not been demonstrated to correlate with the general population.
    I like the new level scaling, and feel that it should NOT be optional, so that everyone is required to complete these instances without over-leveling them.
    29%

I like the new level scaling, but feel that it SHOULD be optional, so players can choose to have the instance scaled to their level or not.
    66%

Of course it's better if it's optional, but that poll doesn't show if that scaling forced on the player is really an issue. I think I voted option 2, but I don't mind that much if the option to disable scaling is only released later.

All we know is that 96% of the people who answered like the new level scaling.
    Wololo.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Romo wrote: »

The vast majority of casuals don't frequent the forums or read the PTS update notes, so they have no idea what is coming.

When they can't complete the main quest line, they'll complain to friends, etc., but very few will come on the forums to complain or post "i quit" threads. They'll just slip quietly into the night and retreat to games that recognize that they are the true majority of MMOers.

My WAG is that the 70% figure is way understated, when it comes to the casuals and new MMOers, who don't understand or haven't heard that the light at the end of the tunnel for them is a freight train.

You should learn the difference between a straw poll and a scientific poll - look no further than the Ames Iowa Straw poll every year for the Republicans. Not to mention the poll bias in the options given.
    Edited by Dominoid on October 31, 2014 2:35PM
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Of course it's better if it's optional, but that poll doesn't show if that scaling forced on the player is really an issue. I think I voted option 2, but I don't mind that much if the option to disable scaling is only released later.
    The poll itself might not show it, but some of the responses in the thread itself do. There were a number of people that actively said they would be unhappy if the scaling was not made optional, for multiple reasons.

70% of the people polled feel it should be optional. Admittedly, not all of them would care much if it wasn't. But even if only 10% of the people that play would be upset enough to quit over this, can ESO afford to lose 10% of its subscribers by forcing a change that makes the game harder for them?
    Edited by Divinius on October 31, 2014 2:33PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The poll itself might not show it, but some of the responses in the thread itself do. There were a number of people that actively said they would be unhappy if the scaling was not made optional, for multiple reasons.

70% of the people polled feel it should be optional. Admittedly, not all of them would care much if it wasn't. But even if only 10% of the people that play would be upset enough to quit over this, can ESO afford to lose 10% of its subscribers by forcing a change that makes the game harder for them?

You should start a "Will you quit over <Insert grudge here>?" poll.

I honestly don't think anyone would leave because of that issue, even if these people don't like the main quests. After the 3rd time they're a bit annoying for me too.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 31, 2014 2:41PM
    Wololo.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should start a "Will you quit over <Insert grudge here>?" poll.
    I thought about that, but it would just end up being even stronger flame-bait than this issue already is, and since (as mentioned before) the majority of the people it will affect are not the type to frequent these forums, the results would likely be useless anyway.
    I honestly don't think anyone would leave because of that issue, even if these people don't like the main quests. After the 3rd time they're a bit annoying for me too.
    As I mentioned in my original comment on the subject, they will indeed be losing at least two subs if this scaling isn't optional.

Edited to add that the person that posted immediately below me in that linked thread said the same thing. So that's 3 subs lost already.
    Edited by Divinius on October 31, 2014 2:49PM
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "majority" who comments in these polls and on these forums.....

I am sure that majority speaks for all active players.....

---not.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Scaling is awesome! It will have the side effect that more players will learn to play the game and not starting whining things are so hard when they hit Vet 14 after only "grinding".

It is starting to be silly with Vet 14s, who still don't know what a block is.

Scaling will help them to play the game instead of farming it.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"