The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.5 To Live Servers "Early Next Week"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that unsubscribing over a missing Option checkbox is a tad on the extreme side of things. To me, the @player obsession that ZOS has is a far better reason to unsubscribe and, so far, I am still around.

I see this scaling as the first pass. It is not going to do everything that people want right off the to start, but it will provide something. They will continue to build and change it over the next several Updates. The development methodology that they are using encourages incremental steps to a final goal that can change vs one big drop that has everything in it that is based on some dream from months earlier.

Anyway, I know that it is not finished and I am hoping for more to come.

I want scaled delves, and that is not in this update. This might be rather challenging to do since these are open areas.

My objection to scaled solo quests is that I don't want them to scale outside of the target level range that they have been designed for. Properly done, scaled solo quests would not require an option to disable because it would not be all that noticeable. The quest difficulty would always feel "about right" to the level appropriate people. It would scale down, subtly, to players who are struggling. It would scale up to players who find it easy. It would not scale for characters above or below the target levels.

The biggest change I want to see for scaling is to take what is SOLO and scale it up to GROUP so that groups could enter these quest locations and it would scale to the group by adding monsters. If a player goes in alone, they get the solo experience. If a player brings friends, there are more monsters and the monsters scale to the group.

I am a primarily solitary player who thinks that solo content should always be open for group play. Go figure.

I think that a future update will bring an end to scaling based on the group leader. This will be abused and will eventually need to be changed. They have already talked about a scoring system to rate players. While I definitely want them to keep this information to themselves and not make it available to players via any interface, including the API, I feel that this is the proper way to scale.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week. :)

About the time when the 6 monthly sub is up...................
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week. :)

Looking forward to the nerf to stealthed attacks, should be awesome.

Yeah I know, I feel the same way.. But Lets give it a chance 1st... then Rail hard about it if it really sucks..

Ive already given this game 6 months and my money.It's not as if I haven't given it a chance.

To be fair to zos, its their job to *** I'm more annoyed at myself for buying it.

Holy hell man, you are seriously one sad case. Every thread that I've visited, not one optimistic/positive thing to say comes from you. It's all been negative. I get it, the game has disappointed you. You've given it 6 months of your time, and your money, so you're here to *** and complain, but I mean...don't you have any other games to play? Not one? Or are you masochistic and enjoy harming yourself by subjecting your mind to continual dissatisfaction? Perhaps you have a family to spend time with rather than be on the forums? Or perhaps you have a career, a hobby, friends, play an instrument, exercise...nope? Nothing? Well, I guess you do one thing well. Being a basement warrior and posting negative comments...

• aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Those folks calling the character's from live shifted to test a transfer, it's not. A transfer would remove you from live and put you permanently on test, they are copying the database when they do that.

And I still think they should give us a /copy command so we can copy when we want, have the previous copies be written over as they are currently when they do a new copy.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to the nerf to stealthed attacks, should be awesome.

Yeah I know, I feel the same way.. But Lets give it a chance 1st... then Rail hard about it if it really sucks..

Ive already given this game 6 months and my money.It's not as if I haven't given it a chance.

To be fair to zos, its their job to *** I'm more annoyed at myself for buying it.

I'm right there with you bro, instead of fixing stam builds they keep making superficial changes and nerfs to it. I'm getting to my wits end, I didn't buy this game to roll cloth/staff/caster on every..... single..... toon.....
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zed wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    It's pretty ridiculous that 1.5.2 supposedly has many updates, especially to werewolves, that will go completely untested.
    This happens every update. If you weren't expecting it before, you should now.

Truer words haven't been spoken on this forum.