Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every class but sorcs has an instant heal, please add a 50% penalty to them for repeat heals!

• Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    Venithar wrote: »
    P.S. I'll whine just like every other person whined to get my skills nerfed thank you very much.

if bolt escape was your goto spell you dont have any skills,

think about what your saying. you run away often enough that you believe its a class defining trait.

Actually, i find those that bolt in, AoE, and bolt out to have no skill.... I used bolt to keep my distance and to go after low health targets, and as a last resort to flee, but you know what, before this nerf I stood a 50/50 chance of fleeing, now I have a 5% chance, let alone being able to effectively keep distance or chase someone.

How about this, I'll accept the BE change without complaint, if I get a melee reflect like DKs have a spell reflect or sorcs get a bubble that makes any melee attack hit the person that used it, you know, to keep things balanced and all, since you all seem to want sorcs in melee range.
    Edited by Venithar on June 12, 2014 1:40PM
    Options
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    Isnt there a bubble on the resto staff
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    zhevon wrote: »
    Well NB needs an AOE attack ... so there.

So what about Drain Power and its Morphs? or Soul Shred?

Or Path of Darkness, Or Fear (cowering and running away people don't do damage and can't activate abilities), or Veil of Blades.
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Aoifesan wrote: »

Or Path of Darkness, Or Fear (cowering and running away people don't do damage and can't activate abilities), or Veil of Blades.

Yeah NBs do have a few aoes. But from what i've noticed, the only ones worth it when considering their aoe damage against similar damaging abilities is drain power (borderline) and veil of blades.

Soul shred/siphon is also decent, and the fear is just about all we have for aoe cc even though it's only two people affected. Then the movement speed bonus makes up for the relative low damage on path of darkness.

But I'd say these latter abilities are used more for their utility than damage since the damage can be a bit wimpy whereas the former are the only two that most NBs use for their damage. (maybe soul shred isn't all so wimpy ^.^) And even then, I'd argue there are better options out there for most of those ability slots. We are limited to 5 abilities and an ult after all.

EDIT: Edited to apologize for how off topic this is ;)
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on June 12, 2014 5:17PM
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

Yeah NBs do have a few aoes. But from what i've noticed, the only ones worth it when considering their aoe damage against similar damaging abilities is drain power (borderline) and veil of blades.

Soul shred/siphon is also decent, and the fear is just about all we have for aoe cc even though it's only two people affected. Then the movement speed bonus makes up for the relative low damage on path of darkness.

But I'd say these latter abilities are used more for their utility than damage since the damage can be a bit wimpy whereas the former are the only two that most NBs use for their damage. (maybe soul shred isn't all so wimpy ^.^) And even then, I'd argue there are better options out there for most of those ability slots. We are limited to 5 abilities and an ult after all.

You'd use them all if you had a proper 10 ability bar to put them on.

Thanks Consoles.
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    What. The. Hell.

Maybe instead of demanding other classes be further broken you could ask for your class to be improved.

Bolt escape was broken, and they fixed it. I really don't understand what that has to do with other classes having healing abilities. You are making a connection between things that have no relationship.

Also, if you are a sorcerer and want some self heals, pick up a restoration staff. Every class can have heals with one of those.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblade's only decent class skill line AoE is an Ultimate. That doesn't really compare to other classes standard ability AoEs as it can't be used nearly as often. The number of slots on the bar has nothing to do with the Nightblade AoE issue. We could have 100 slots available and we'd still be without a decent always available AoE. I usually resort to Whirlwind Strikes from DW line when I need to do AoE in Cyrodiil.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    It was a terrible nerf and ZOS should be ashamed for caving to the unwashed masses of QQing morons.
    You know, I really want to take your posts seriously because you have a lot of experience with ESO, but it's difficult to do when you keep flaming everyone who disagrees with you.

@Rosveen‌

Ya, I'm pissed. Don't mind saying it.

And ZOS doesn't seem to listen to calmly stated constructive feed back. Myself and dozens of other PTS testers tried that for months and months and got ignored by ZOS. Then we watch as ZOS makes rapid changes (sometimes on the very problems we reported on) just because a bunch of people rage on the forums. So what they've shown me is that rage gets their attention more than respect.

I'm faaaaaaarrrr from the only person to come out of the PTS with that impression btw, but a lot of the others have quit.
    Considering you were the driving force behind the first major post-launch nerf (Dark Talons), I don't think you have any ground to stand on when complaining about Zenimax catering to the loudest voices.

How about we reset classes to launch (minus bug fixes) and try again?

@Maverick827‌

Well first of all, not all feedback is whining. Only the misinformed and non-constructive type. I laid out a case against Talons that many people (including dozens of DKs) agreed with. I offered a specific problem (can be reapplied even after dodge rolling, preventing counter play) and a specific solution (immunity after dodge roll, thus providing counterplay without hurting the skill.)

I thought it was fine after that point and I didn't think the damage reduction to Burning Talons was needed or justified.

Second, these nerfs are not the same in kind. With Talons, they modified the surrounding mechanics to make the skill easier to counter without affecting the skill itself much (prior to the damage nerf.) That's exactly how I think balancing should be done. Instead of pissing people off by damaging the skill itself (which also affects PvE) you ought to just look at what the problem is in terms of counter play and cater your changes to that.

Which is why I think the appropriate change to BE would be to make using BE remove CC immunity. That way you would always be able to use your Javelin, Obsidian Shard, Fiery Reach, Destructive Reach, ect. ect. to stop a BE Sorc in his tracks.

That would have provided counter play options and solved the problem that people are actually complaining about (people running away from fights) while doing less to punish people who use BE to fight.

Maybe I should have laid out that case in the beginning, but I was justifiably angry and surprised by ZOS's chosen nerf. After two devs basically came out and said they didn't see the problem and Firor stated that their balance philosophy is about incremental changes, I really didn't expect such a drastic change.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    I'm strongly against further nerfs. Instead I think BE should be buffed a bit now. It really should have the same range + 1 meters as the gap closers, because currently it's not functioning as any kind of escape mechanism. Also I think gap closers or BE should not function while player is rooted. It's just stupid and should be fixed asap.
    Options