Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every class but sorcs has an instant heal, please add a 50% penalty to them for repeat heals!

• Nysticc
    Nysticc
    ✭✭✭
    I ambushed a sorc at brk earlier today, he immediately started bolting with me chasing after him... The dude bolted from brk to about halfway to sej outpost, restored mana, then bolted to who knows where..never saw him again..

Bolt Escape has no counters, soft cc's wont work and hard cc's will broken thus guaranteeing escape.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    The forums are a great place to see everyone who was abusing mechanics and relying on such abuses come into the light. Any sorc that I know out of the MANY on my friend list, are completely fine with it --- other than those who focused on PVP or rather zip around the map as opposed to using the horse. Those who used it as it was meant to be, don't seem to care
    and before you go and say "that's how I used it" --- no. I have no reason to believe you because this thread proves otherwise.

holy... I never know you as the master of knowing all powerful sorcs! enlighten me with all the hidden power I dont know I have, please!

Well now you know. Sorcs crying out non-stop on the forums are giving legit player sorcs a bad class rep, cut the QQing already.
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's funny that the OP and all these other nerf/whine threads think that they affect what the devs do to the game. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I doubt the devs care what we say on these threads. They probably look at gameplay or play themselves, or maybe once looking at these threads then go test and decide for themselves.
    Point is, they aren't going to change something like BE or class heal skills or anything unless they test and decide it's a good idea. Or maybe I'm naive enough to think the devs are that involved :o
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Venithar wrote: »
    I think it is only fair that since I can no longer keep my distance as easily, that all other classes should have their self heals nerfed in the same manner as my bolt escape.

GDB - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
    Strife/Swallow Soul - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
    (whatever the templars use to heal themselves that run me out of magicka before I can even put a dent in them) - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop

Thank you for applying these well deserved "balances".

You forgot:

- Blood Magic: +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop after hitting a target with Dark Magic spells
    - Critical Surge: regen stop and +50% cast cost on any ability used in under 4 seconds after a critical strike

Strife does healing over time based on damage dealt by the skill, so best be certain to include the above abilities in your list alongside it.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Natjur wrote: »
    Try playing another class before complaining about any little change in your main class. I just wish I picked a sorc at the start, they are so easy.

Try understanding what I am saying before defending a nerf :)
    If your going to talk about 'nerfing' any skill that one class does not have compared to the others. Add 'nerf' the sorc skill that converts stamina to mana, or in general, any magic recovery skill.

Templars have no mana recovery skill, all other classes have at least one, sorc get the only stamina to mana one.

The whole point of your post is since one sorc only skill got 'adjusted' that all other skills that at 'class' only should also be 'adjusted'.

I play three different classes, all at V12 and all in PVP, its about balance. Its clear you only have one toon and never even rolled the other classes. As for the NB, I have no idea about them, I gave up my NB when I got it to L31

Do you all have any idea how ridiculous this garbage is becoming.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the other classes have so much better self healing, it would only be fair to apply the same nerf to their heals that you did to Sorc's Escape.

Or just give the Sorc some decent self healing.

Either option is bad though. Either everyone else gets nerfed and then even more people are pissed or you buff Sorcs in a way that makes them samey instead of keeping them interesting and different like they were.

It was a terrible nerf and ZOS should be ashamed for caving to the unwashed masses of QQing morons.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is only fair that since I can no longer keep my distance as easily, that all other classes should have their self heals nerfed in the same manner as my bolt escape.

Strife/Swallow Soul - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
    (whatever the templars use to heal themselves that run me out of magicka before I can even put a dent in them) - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop

so because of pvp balance you should make pve unplayable? this makes no sense. vr dungeons would be unplayable if they made your suggested adjustments. get a grip.
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    so because of pvp balance you should make pve unplayable? this makes no sense. vr dungeons would be unplayable if they made your suggested adjustments. get a grip.

I don't see why not, I mean PvE stuff interferes with PvP all the time. A very good example was casual players complaining that they would never be able to become emperor because of the repeatable 20 kill quest. Sadly they would never become emperor anyway because, well, they just don't play as much as hard core PvPers (unless of course the emp farm)
  • Prokonto
    Prokonto
    ✭✭✭
    op... its just silly... u rage is blind & gives nothink...
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    What an awful attitude... i don't like my heal, change everything else so it's just as "bad"..

Crical surge is really, really strong. My survivability acually goes up the more mobs i can aoe beacuse it allows us to heal while doing damage.
    Work with the strengths of the skill instead of complaining how everyone else has it better like a spoiled brat.
    Edited by serenity_painted on June 10, 2014 8:55AM
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    What an awful attitude... i don't like my heal, change everything else so it's just as "bad"..

Crical surge is really, really strong i can use it and my survivability acually goes up the more mobs i can aoe and it allows us to heal while doing damage.
    Work with the strengths of the skill instead of complaining how everyone else has it better like a spoiled brat.

I see, so I should be forced into a cookie cutter role of an AoE mage? Welp, there goes my chances of not being like every staff user out there.

P.S. I'll whine just like every other person whined to get my skills nerfed thank you very much.
    Edited by Venithar on June 10, 2014 8:56AM
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    I don't pvp and I only seen BE once while levelling. I was running round the coastline collecting tradeskills when a sorc bolted past me, took the tree I was gonna cut, then before I could make the next thing bolted past again took that and was gone out of site before I could summon my horse.

I just thought wow that's pretty cool.

I appears to be an ability that could get exploited in certain conditions and if so it prob deserved a nerf.

NB equally need to keep distance, we have very little aoe and our very small amounts self heal don't keep us alive if close in combat. I usually keep extra heal from restro staff like combat prayer also.

I don't think it would be fair to nerf NB anymore we are already behind.

Last night sorc ran past cleared 3 mobs before I could stealth and get first hit in. In the end I had to switch to range attacks which is less damage than stealth / veiled strike just so I could get some hits in as sorc was clearing up everything. Your AOE damage is higher than my single target damage.

• Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

If only Sorcerers had an instant cast skill that allowed them to heal without stopping to do damage, like, healing you for a good portion of your critical hit's damage. Yeah, that would be nice. Imagine how awesome it would be with magelight, Dark Magic synergies and AoE spells. Oh well, a guy can dream, right?
    Edited by Still_Mind on June 10, 2014 10:44AM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Cant say I see a reason to nerf self heals... Especially not NB ones since they are not terribly effective.
    Cant say I see a reason to disable mana regen on BE either for sorcs, the increase in cost on the other hand seems fair.
    Nerfing fun skills is not the way to go, making more skills fun to use on the other hand. Hell, nerfing is rarely the way to go, buffing underpowered stuff is.

As for tempies sucking it later on... Thats what you get for easymoding it for 50 lvls with Biting Jabs. Seriously, whenever I see a templar they are spamming that skill repeatedly.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a templar, and I think trying to nerf templar heals with 50% subsequent use cost increase is ***. You might as well ask the same thing of every skill in the game, including Restoration staff heals. Destroy every single build in the game including the weak ones.

Dragonblood isn't even a good heal. It costs more than BE does at base and only heals based on lost HP... And you cant even heal others with it, I cant believe people even bother attacking such a weak healing ability. The extra regens aren't even that good, as everything is already overcharged anyway so the effect is lessened and barely noticeable. and the armor/spell resist morph is equally barely noticeable due to overcharging, and the fact that that extra effect only lasts like 3.5 seconds. And for either morph, you are not escaping from anything by having to use it subsequent times. If you are at that point you'll just end up OOM and eventually dead.

Sorcs "non instant" heal is fast enough, and it restores HP and Magica. I have to use a potion to restore my magica.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 10, 2014 5:32PM
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a templar, and I think trying to nerf templar heals with 50% subsequent use cost increase is ***. You might as well ask the same thing of every skill in the game, including Restoration staff heals. Destroy every single build in the game including the weak ones.

Dragonblood isn't even a good heal. It costs more than BE does at base and only heals based on lost HP... And you cant even heal others with it, I cant believe people even bother attacking such a weak healing ability. The extra regens aren't even that good, as everything is already overcharged anyway so the effect is lessened and barely noticeable. and the armor/spell resist morph is equally barely noticeable due to overcharging, and the fact that that extra effect only lasts like 3.5 seconds. And for either morph, you are not escaping from anything by having to use it subsequent times. If you are at that point you'll just end up OOM and eventually dead.

Sorcs "non instant" heal is fast enough, and it restores HP and Magica. I have to use a potion to restore my magica.

The OP is full of crap bbbuuutt Dragonblood isn't even a good heal is also crap. Dragonblood is actually an amazing PvP heal. Screws me over good everytime I'm stupid and decide to jump a DK on my NB because I get too bored waiting for someone who might be a NB. Templar heals are probably better but overall Templars kinda suck just like NBs so nobody cares at the moment.

Back to BE, I still haven't seen anyone list a legit counter to BE. I ask in a few "BE is broken now!" and nobody has stepped up to list one. BE was too frustrating to play against and probably will still be with this minor nerf but whatever.

• Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing this in posts" Sorcs have no heals!

They have one of the most effective self heal in game. Most/all end game go D-staff and also gain (yet another) magicka regen power.

They also get a 3rd skill bar no other class gets yet even many sorc players do not know this.

lolface
    Edited by Tamanous on June 10, 2014 7:54PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Back to BE, I still haven't seen anyone list a legit counter to BE. I ask in a few "BE is broken now!" and nobody has stepped up to list one. BE was too frustrating to play against and probably will still be with this minor nerf but whatever.

"you have to use counters" has just become a tautology now. No one knows what it refers to. Every once in a while, between the "l2p", "badz", "moron" and "cry baby", you might receive a dojo video which will teach you how to counter a BE sorc that is following a script. But I haven't found any sorcs that follow that script yet in actual PvP.
    Edited by Armitas on June 10, 2014 8:16PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    It was a terrible nerf and ZOS should be ashamed for caving to the unwashed masses of QQing morons.
    You know, I really want to take your posts seriously because you have a lot of experience with ESO, but it's difficult to do when you keep flaming everyone who disagrees with you.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 10, 2014 8:40PM
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

"you have to use counters" has just become a tautology now. No one knows what it refers to. Every once in a while, between the "l2p", "badz", "moron" and "cry baby", you might receive a dojo video which will teach you how to counter a BE sorc that is following a script. But I haven't found any sorcs that follow that script yet in actual PvP.

noun
    noun: counter; plural noun: counters

a thing that opposes or prevents something else.

Nothing prevents BE. The other main escape ability is Dark Cloak. What prevents dark cloak from letting you escape? Use AoE, detection potion, Mage Light(I believe it sees invisibility? i could be wrong) or use Piercing Mark. Those would be counters.

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You know, I really want to take your posts seriously because you have a lot of experience with ESO, but it's difficult to do when you keep flaming everyone who disagrees with you.
    NordJitsu ranted and raved (and still does) about Dragonknights. All the while doing so he would be just as rude as he is now, but he'll genuinely act shocked when you tell him that he is rude. He thinks he's an objective, thoughtful poster, but all hell breaks loose if he doesn't get his way.

Nerfs are only terrible when they're to his class. If you disagree with him, then you're not good enough of a player to be considered a trustworthy opinion.
  • JoyEnergiser
    JoyEnergiser
    ✭✭
    Whahahaha, juicy tears from the most overpowered class.

take it like a man please
  • Obus
    Obus
    ✭✭
    A sorc complaining about survability when you have Critical Surge. Seriously? Learn to play your class ffs. You have the most op surv passive in the game atm, and you crying about Strife from NB, that heals on best 100 hp every 2 seconds.

Just /clap.
    Edited by Obus on June 11, 2014 3:23PM
    Obus - EU NB - Former Emperor - AD @ EU Dawnbreaker
    Banana Squad
    Zerg Squad
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Ok I'm a scorc and I hahahahahhahahaahhahhahahahahahaahbabsbababababbahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahha umm no!
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    P.S. I'll whine just like every other person whined to get my skills nerfed thank you very much.

if bolt escape was your goto spell you dont have any skills,

think about what your saying. you run away often enough that you believe its a class defining trait.
    Edited by Jeremy_gelber_ESO on June 12, 2014 3:48AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Rosveen‌

Ya, I'm pissed. Don't mind saying it.

And ZOS doesn't seem to listen to calmly stated constructive feed back. Myself and dozens of other PTS testers tried that for months and months and got ignored by ZOS. Then we watch as ZOS makes rapid changes (sometimes on the very problems we reported on) just because a bunch of people rage on the forums. So what they've shown me is that rage gets their attention more than respect.

I'm faaaaaaarrrr from the only person to come out of the PTS with that impression btw, but a lot of the others have quit.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

Nothing prevents BE. The other main escape ability is Dark Cloak. What prevents dark cloak from letting you escape? Use AoE, detection potion, Mage Light(I believe it sees invisibility? i could be wrong) or use Piercing Mark. Those would be counters.

a NB with a bow can catch up to and keep pace with a BEing sorc. hell, a sorc that started off with more mana can catch up to and keep pace with a BEing sorc. these are both counters.

since i particularly play a nightblade, i'll share my experiences with countering bolt escape. basically using path of darkness along with the speed boost buff from bows roll dodges puts you at a cool 80% speed increase most of the time while using less resources since you're splitting the job. make sure you have enough potions offhand and you should be good to chase some sorcs down.

i've fought some, had them try to escape with BE spam, catch up with bow roll dodge alone and spam my immobilizes and nukes whenever i'm in range. while theyre spending all their resources and time trying to heal and escape, i'm nuking them with one resource and catching up with the other. eventually they run out of magicka. then you have a dead sorc.

i'm pretty sure that constitutes as a counter to BE but i certainly may be wrong.

P.S. for BE in combat when they're trying to stun you with it, just roll dodge or sidestep out of the way. *** you can even block it. if that was ever in question.
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on June 12, 2014 5:31AM
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Well NB needs an AOE attack ... so there.

So what about Drain Power and its Morphs? or Soul Shred?
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosveen‌

Ya, I'm pissed. Don't mind saying it.

And ZOS doesn't seem to listen to calmly stated constructive feed back. Myself and dozens of other PTS testers tried that for months and months and got ignored by ZOS. Then we watch as ZOS makes rapid changes (sometimes on the very problems we reported on) just because a bunch of people rage on the forums. So what they've shown me is that rage gets their attention more than respect.

I'm faaaaaaarrrr from the only person to come out of the PTS with that impression btw, but a lot of the others have quit.
    Considering you were the driving force behind the first major post-launch nerf (Dark Talons), I don't think you have any ground to stand on when complaining about Zenimax catering to the loudest voices.

How about we reset classes to launch (minus bug fixes) and try again?
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, just no. sick of the pvpers screwing with my pve game
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.