Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every class but sorcs has an instant heal, please add a 50% penalty to them for repeat heals!

Venithar
Venithar
✭✭✭
I think it is only fair that since I can no longer keep my distance as easily, that all other classes should have their self heals nerfed in the same manner as my bolt escape.

GDB - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
Strife/Swallow Soul - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
(whatever the templars use to heal themselves that run me out of magicka before I can even put a dent in them) - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop

Thank you for applying these well deserved "balances".
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well NB needs an AOE attack ... so there.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I defended bolt escape, I still think the nerf is not needed, but it's not a terrible nerf. You can still use it to keep distance if you use other forms of CC, it's just not so easily spammable as before, they could have hit it a lot harder.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars will then ask the sorcs to give us awesome magicka management + good CCs.

PS: while you are at it , make sure to buff our overall dps.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on June 9, 2014 9:09PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, any class that has one little change, they scream. My main is a templar, and its so bad end game, I parked them, and I leveled a Sorc and a DK to V12. (I tried a NB but so many of their skills are not working as expected)

I am having so much fun in PVP and end game with my sorc. The nerf did nothing and was sure it was going to be higher and I am getting healing roles in trials runs on my Sorc. (as I have endless mana)

Try playing another class before complaining about any little change in your main class. I just wish I picked a sorc at the start, they are so easy.
    Edited by Natjur on June 9, 2014 9:15PM
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Try playing another class before complaining about any little change in your main class. I just wish I picked a sorc at the start, they are so easy.

Try understanding what I am saying before defending a nerf :)
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Venithar Uhm, how is strife/swallow soul an "instant heal"? It's HoT, and a very modest one at that. Do you even play NB?
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    @Venithar Uhm, how is strife/swallow soul an "instant heal"? It's HoT, and a very modest one at that. Do you even play NB?

Sorry, I should have said "combat heals"
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    WATB Thread
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venithar wrote: »

Try understanding what I am saying before defending a nerf :)
    If your going to talk about 'nerfing' any skill that one class does not have compared to the others. Add 'nerf' the sorc skill that converts stamina to mana, or in general, any magic recovery skill.

Templars have no mana recovery skill, all other classes have at least one, sorc get the only stamina to mana one.

The whole point of your post is since one sorc only skill got 'adjusted' that all other skills that at 'class' only should also be 'adjusted'.

I play three different classes, all at V12 and all in PVP, its about balance. Its clear you only have one toon and never even rolled the other classes. As for the NB, I have no idea about them, I gave up my NB when I got it to L31
    Edited by Natjur on June 9, 2014 9:53PM
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green dragon blood already has a diminishing returns clause built into it. You might know this if you understood how it works, instead of simply sniveling over your loss of an over abused "get out of battle free" card.
  • Kryzax
    Kryzax
    Soul Shriven
    My main is a templar, and its so bad end game, I parked them, and I leveled a Sorc and a DK to V12.

What? 3 end game characters?! Not everyone wants to level that fast mate. I imagine a lot don't know how either.
    Edited by Kryzax on June 9, 2014 9:56PM
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP download the PTS (it's free). Make a V12 template of each class and then see how your opinion changes :D
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this right, your ESCAPE skill has been slightly tweaked at best (considering its best use was escaping and you can still do that), But now you want our HEALS to have the same tweak? That makes absolutely no sense. We don't use heals to Auto-win or escape from you.

Also a lot of people use the Streak morph, which is a COMBAT skill. In case you don't know, DK, Templar, and NB combat skills have already got lots of Nerfs.

So again, you make no sense
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    How about when you heal you get no majicka regen for 4 seconds as well as 50% increase in majicka use if casted again within 5 seconds. Then make your real range 7m as well. That's about how well the BE nerf effects sorcs.
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    OP download the PTS (it's free). Make a V12 template of each class and then see how your opinion changes :D

Member of PTS before it went public, and the point I am making, is you all cried that mages had the ability to "survive" combat, just in a different way then each other class. EVERY class has the ability to survive, yet you all wanted to get BE nerfed, as such, ZoS needs to nerf every other class ability that allows them to survive.

(personally, I don't care anymore anyway, my sub ends tomorrow, have fun with a broken game because you guys can't L2P and have to whine about things you don't understand)
    Edited by Venithar on June 9, 2014 11:08PM
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try pounding on your keyboard, and screaming at the monitor, because your argument ain't convincing anyone.

EDIT: You know why I know that it ain't a big deal, there would be at least two dozen threads about if it was that big a deal.

Quick being a glass cannon and man up.
    Edited by LariahHunding on June 9, 2014 10:53PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody wanted BE nerfed because it was allowing survival. If you read any of the concerns (which I doubt, as you show little to no comprehension of them) you would understand that it was the dive-in, dive-out in PvP that was causing all the rage. Being literally untouchable in battle is unfair. Healing does not accomplish that, and even GDB doesn't out-heal decent dps. At least not the way BE outruns every other method of movement. So grow a pair and stop whining and drawing false parallels between BE and self heals.
    Edited by seanolan on June 9, 2014 11:33PM
  • Bolo_Bob
    Bolo_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    How about when you heal you get no majicka regen for 4 seconds as well as 50% increase in majicka use if casted again within 5 seconds. Then make your real range 7m as well. That's about how well the BE nerf effects sorcs.

makes sense to me.

kinda sounds like that one argument pro nerfers used.. something about "losing their get out of jail free card" or something to that effect.
    so i dont see why players that use heals regularly should get so upset.

btw i find this thread funny, because the same type of posters that wanted previous nerfs are now on the defensive with the same counter arguments used to defend other nerfed skills.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes indeed, its only fair.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

yes indeed, its only fair.

For better or worse, this will never happen. I'll eat my hat if it does. :P
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums are a great place to see everyone who was abusing mechanics and relying on such abuses come into the light. Any sorc that I know out of the MANY on my friend list, are completely fine with it --- other than those who focused on PVP or rather zip around the map as opposed to using the horse. Those who used it as it was meant to be, don't seem to care
    and before you go and say "that's how I used it" --- no. I have no reason to believe you because this thread proves otherwise.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums are a great place to see everyone who was abusing mechanics and relying on such abuses come into the light. Any sorc that I know out of the MANY on my friend list, are completely fine with it --- other than those who focused on PVP or rather zip around the map as opposed to using the horse. Those who used it as it was meant to be, don't seem to care
    and before you go and say "that's how I used it" --- no. I have no reason to believe you because this thread proves otherwise.

holy... I never know you as the master of knowing all powerful sorcs! enlighten me with all the hidden power I dont know I have, please!
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »

Member of PTS before it went public, and the point I am making, is you all cried that mages had the ability to "survive" combat, just in a different way then each other class. EVERY class has the ability to survive, yet you all wanted to get BE nerfed, as such, ZoS needs to nerf every other class ability that allows them to survive.

(personally, I don't care anymore anyway, my sub ends tomorrow, have fun with a broken game because you guys can't L2P and have to whine about things you don't understand)

Ahh so you are just trolling, in the customer support forum. I don't remember ever making a comment about bolt escape, and it's shame you are leaving, otherwise you could have 'taught' me how to play.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I read about pvp, the more I'm glad I haven't messed with it.

it sounds like it is horribly balanced. Instead of nerfing skills, they should be buffing the other skills to make then competitive.

nerfing does nothing but ruin balance. Buffing the other skills to bring them in line is always a better option then nerfing.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Well NB needs an AOE attack ... so there.

Templars could use some AOE too, other than crappy biting jabs.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta LOL at this. EVERY SINGLE CLASS has access to instant heals via the Restoration Staff tree. As a VR7 NB with 2K Magicka my "instant heals" are total crap. Refreshing Path gives me a whopping 36 Health/second and that's only with +10% heals to self via Twilight's Embrace set bonus and +10% heals to self via Swallow Soul morph. Swallow Soul does ~102 Health/2 seconds, but only when I have an enemy to cast it on. Sap Essence is only remotely decent if there's a bunch of enemies in range, and that's if I don't die... because there's a bunch of enemies in range. Sap heals for ~120 per mob it hits.

And guess what that's it for NB "Class" heals. There is not one single self heal available to NB's in the class tree if there isn't an enemy in range to cast an offensive skill on, save the ~36/sec Refreshing Path.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    The more I read about pvp, the more I'm glad I haven't messed with it.

it sounds like it is horribly balanced. Instead of nerfing skills, they should be buffing the other skills to make then competitive.

nerfing does nothing but ruin balance. Buffing the other skills to bring them in line is always a better option then nerfing.

Generally I agree, but some skills are so OP that it would be next to impossible to buff other skills to the same level without wrecking the game. BE was one of those skills.

To follow the OP's example about BE being like a heal, you would have to greatly buff the heals on other classes for them to come in line with the power BE provides. Think about what an instant cast spamable full heal would do to the game- that's pretty much what BE was when combined with the right gear.
    -
    Skill escalation is worse than toning down the outliers.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is only fair that since I can no longer keep my distance as easily, that all other classes should have their self heals nerfed in the same manner as my bolt escape.

Strife/Swallow Soul - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop
    (whatever the templars use to heal themselves that run me out of magicka before I can even put a dent in them) - +50% cast cost when used in under 4 seconds, plus regen stop

Nightblade insta heals? You mean the 100 hp if you hit 6 enemies?
  • HelpingHand
    HelpingHand
    ✭✭✭
    Wambulance to the rescue! Waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah waaah!
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Also stife is a dot heal.... as a stam build at vet 10 it heals for 80 hp every 2 seconds, I have a sorc, crit surge is the best self heal asides from maybe gdb..... stop complaining that a nerf to an overpowered skill akes the class underpowered...