The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Bolt Escape Feedback For The Devs

• Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    DK's, Temp's, and NB's can all fight and have a chance to survive a melee encounter. A sorc can not and will not be able to in pvp. Once another class is in melee range it's over for the sorc. So they need to remove the regen halt and extend the range by at least 10m so that BE is useable as an escape. Leaving it as it is now will leave the sorc's to be fodder for anyone in melee range and that's not fun at all. Sorc's are the only ranged class in the game by design. Sure other classes can use ranged weapons but it is the sorc alone that's designed around doing damage from range. If they can't stay at range then they can't do their job. Keep in mind, we're talking about class abilities not weapon abilities i.e. impulse.

You are wrong, Templars highest DPS single target spell is Vampires Bane, its range is 28m.

Seems to me other classes are designed with range too, and if they werent, what would you need BE for, if Sorc were the only ranged class by design... Sorc already got alot higher DPS than Templar, the need to escape is just because youre afraid to loose.
    So by your very words Sorcs need to be buffed, not nerfed since they are tied for the weakest 1 v 1 class (which was the entire reason I posted the 1 v 1 section).

Me and another Sorc were in Wabba last night fighting a nightblade vampire out in the field 2 on 1. I'm still not sure what ranged ability he was using on us (I think Leeching Strikes) between his shield blocks but both of us dumped our ENTIRE mana bar into him multiple times and he kept coming. We both had to flee multiple times, completely regen our health and mana bars. It wasn't until we fought him long enough to get our ultimates to 100% and double Soul Assault him that we could kill him. With the current nerf to Bolt Escape we'd both be dead 1 v 2.

The side you guys don't see is how easily sorcs die. You just see a sorc escape from you and it angers you but the reality is unless we're running around in a large group, or attacking underskilled/leveled players, we're not killing anyone. Take away our mobility and give us nothing in return and we're the worst class in the game. Without our escape ability we need a buff to our damage abilities or some other survivability ability like an Ice Block equivalent.

Templars are unique because they got a Healing tree, Sorcerers are unique because of their Pet tree, sorry to see that doesnt work out for you, if you think pets arent good enough, maybe you should ask for boosting them instead fighting for an OP ability nobody wants in the game, except of course for a few Sorcerers who think they by right should have the ability to leave any fight at will.
    Edited by Phantorang on June 7, 2014 10:41PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can break out of it at the cost of 50%+ of your stamina and they can recast it a few seconds later.

You become immune to it like any other hard CC. So they aren't casting it a few seconds later, and they aren't putting any other hard CC on you.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the BE spell is basically Thieves Stealth from Guild Wars 2, it was stupid there just like its stupid here.

The same people are arguing the same crap i've always seen "Well I have trouble killing people on my class, Thus I deserve the ability to escape every single fight!"

No class deserves to escape every fight because you got jumped or because you played badly or because you're just bad yourself at playing your class.

The fact that you're still crying about being limited to bloody 7 Ports instead of 14 boggles my mind.

• semp3rfi
    semp3rfi
    ✭✭✭
    no one class should be able to choose engagement and complete disengagement without serious short comings

that is too much power to have in Mass PvP

sure nightblades can stealth out of combat. but its duration is so short its not hard to pick up their trail. It gives them a fighting chance to excape, not a certainty.

Ive seen Mages disengage with bolt escape and dark exchange while being chased by a whole group of people sharing rapid maneuver and group regeneration skills. All the while being just out of reach, even though they started off in melee range. does that seem right to you?

• spliffmaster2b16_ESO
    First of all, all of your thoughts of 1v1 are meaningless. The reason you have problems vs 2 out of 3 classes is because of Reflective Scale and Eclipse. The issue is not with Sorcs being weak and certainly has nothing even remotely to do with Bolt Escape.
    Secondly, your expectation to do well with your cookie-cutter Sorc spec in duels against any match-up is hilarious. If most Templars were to attempt a 1v1 with their group PvP spec they would be fodder.
    And lastly your ability to escape is a luxury. NBs have that to a much lesser extend and with reasonable counters and both other classes don't have that at all. And don't tell me that's because Sorcs are so much more vulnerable and need that to escape. Every class can be built glass-cannon or tanky in PvP.
    Expecting that you should always have the ability to escape an encounter even if you engaged it recklessly or were taken by surprise is just a sign of how spoiled Sorcs are.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niffo wrote: »
    Crescent wrote: »
    But, yeah, people just want the sorcerer's bolt escape nerfed when the real issue is that light armor cost reduction passives made the ability so dirt cheap. Now it will be expensive to the point where a medium/heavy sorc can't even use it more than twice before depleting half their magicka bar.

Nerf an entire armour line to fix something wrong with one ability on one class then?

To fix entire OP ass Impulse spam builds. Don't pretend light armor is fine.
    Don't use crystal shards. Use crushing shock. It's higher DPS with light attack animation cancel, I don't understand why so many sorcerers are so slow to catch on to switching from Crystal Shards to Crushing Shock.

The only reason you would want crystal shards is for the knockdown, and most people in pvp use immovable so you might as well take the snare and concussion from crushing shock.

Crushing Shock also has the advantage of shutting down any casting target.

Crushing Shock is the meta DPS spell for trials and has quickly replaced most trial builds that had crystal fragment.

But, yeah, people just want the sorcerer's bolt escape nerfed when the real issue is that light armor cost reduction passives made the ability so dirt cheap. Now it will be expensive to the point where a medium/heavy sorc can't even use it more than twice before depleting half their magicka bar.

Crushing Shock is less DPS than Crystal shards, and it requires the use of a destruction staff which lowers your overall DPS, healing and magicka regeneration. Every time I go up against a sorc spamming crushing shock on me they die easily. Good sorcs don't cast in PVP unless they're hidden or not being targeted at all.

Crystal fragments is only cast when it is instant cast and half cost. Even by casting it is the same DPS Crushing Shock and less mana per DPS.

Light Armor right now IS too powerful, but it doesn't need nerfed, the other armor types need buffed. When most of your DKs and Night Blades are using Light Armor something is broken.

Not, it is not less DPS. Keep up with the Tamriel Foundry literature and parsing. Post patch Crushing Shokc/light attack weaving provides more DPS, and what's more it doesn't slow you down through a cast time in trials so the added mobility is much better as when you cast crystal shards you self snare.
    Edited by Crescent on June 8, 2014 2:50AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a smart man can get around this nerf, ill just use the fast morph of thundering presence during the 4 secs then use bolt again

vamps can use their mist optionally
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    If they dont nerf BE because some member of an elite guild with the emperor on some some server, I believe ZoS going to have alot more to deal with than an angry Sorc who thinks 7 Bolt Escapes isnt enough.

Even to compare Sorc with Templar says it all, as Sorc DPS is insane compared to Templar, even healing the Sorc got higher HPS, as Templar got no way to regen magicka.

Sorc can now move while doing Dark Deal, 3 sec self heal and magicka regen that is the most powerful in the game, its obviously not enough for the elite sorc, go figure.

Not to speak of Critical surge, self healing AND best dmg in the game, thats pretty OP.

7 Bolt escapes would be fine, but I'll be lucky to have enough mana to cast 2 or 3 before I'm out of mana. I need to cast at LEAST 3 to Bolt escapes before damage stops hitting me, and 4 before I can even safely self heal. Unless you think it is fair that a class has to use light/heavy attacks as it's primary DPS and save their entire mana bar so they can escape. You realize Sorcs who "Stand and fight" die correct? So what is our option? You obviously don't play a sorc so you can't really credibly add anything.

Sorc DPS is VERY high....in PVE. In PVP the opposite is true. You can't use a true DPS rotation in PVP because you always have to keep a large mana reserve to escape...and that is without the nerf.

Dark deal is absolute garbage, moreso with the changes. Why would you trade the ability to move (slowly) for half the cost of the ability (The other morph). Most of the time I don't even have enough stamina to do a full dark exchange WITH the half cost version because if I'm running I've had to do at least 1 roll and likely a breakout.

A huge concern of mine is the fact that these nerfs affect Sorcs in PVE as well. The mana regen freeze alone is going to gimp sorcs in PVE.

makkon wrote: »
    no more "jumps to the horizon" in seconds almost for free
    you just have to live with it
    mb 50% increased cost is way abit more, but it should be, atleast 30-40%

I'd be fine with a 30% increase as long as they removed the mana regen freeze. That would limit the amount of mobility of the sorc, but not completely gimp the class's primary utility.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can break out of it at the cost of 50%+ of your stamina and they can recast it a few seconds later.

You become immune to it like any other hard CC. So they aren't casting it a few seconds later, and they aren't putting any other hard CC on you.

I break out of it and get it put back on me 4 seconds later once the black wisps of smoke disappear from me. I know this because I have several people on my server who dedicate themselves to keep this up on my constantly.

semp3rfi wrote: »
    no one class should be able to choose engagement and complete disengagement without serious short comings

sure nightblades can stealth out of combat. but its duration is so short its not hard to pick up their trail. It gives them a fighting chance to excape, not a certainty.

Ive seen Mages disengage with bolt escape and dark exchange while being chased by a whole group of people sharing rapid maneuver and group regeneration skills. All the while being just out of reach, even though they started off in melee range. does that seem right to you?

The shortcomings are the cost of your entire mana bar. As I said, if they want to nerf this ability and remove our escape ability fine, but we either need another survivability buff or a damage increase to compensate, otherwise we're going to be the #1 targets in the game with no way to protect ourselves.

Rapid Maneuvers + a horse will catch the Sorc EVERY time. If you aren't mounted and you attack a Sorc with a full mana bar, this won't change even with the nerf.

There are just too many people right now who don't understand PVP who are complaining about an ability and a class they don't understand. You guys just seem to want to have easy kills on the squishiest class in the game. The problem is, it always starts with one class, and then it moves to the next and the next. Your classes will be next and there wont be a single sorc on your side arguing that your "Flavor" abilities are fine when they too are nerfed.

I'm fine with powerful abilities. I still die...quite a bit. So does every good sorc I know who is effective. Sorcs who never die aren't good and they're just annoyances.

Just wait until Leeching strikes and Eclipse and other strong class abilities are nerfed. We're all going to be playing the same builds with nothing to differentiate between Sorc + DK + NB + Templar. I'll be gone long before that happens along with most of the other hardcore PVPers.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭
    There is not valid reason for the nerf other than QQ the sorc got away.

I've never seen so much butthurt over an ability that doesn't kill anything.
  • dardywood69connectb16_ESO
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Unless you think it is fair that a class has to use light/heavy attacks as it's primary DPS and save their entire mana bar so they can escape.

Well, welcome to the NB's world friend. Except the light/heavy combos are mixed with a couple underpowered stamina skills, but when you burst out of stealth you have 50% stamina left anyways because SNEAKING costs you a lot even in full medium...

So yeah, using magicka just to escape is pretty much the only way to stay alive as a NB, and no one has ever figured something was wrong with that.

Crazy how Sorcs and DKs QQ so much when they get much deserved nerfs.
    Edited by dardywood69connectb16_ESO on June 8, 2014 4:56PM
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    I break out of it and get it put back on me 4 seconds later once the black wisps of smoke disappear from me. I know this because I have several people on my server who dedicate themselves to keep this up on my constantly.

Breakout immunity is 7 seconds, and you have enough time to cast multiple Crystal Fragments. At least try to be honest with your posts. With auto-immunity and breakout immunity you're not going to be constantly hit with Eclipse. If Templars are spamming you with it while you're immune then that is great, they're blowing through their magicka pools to do nothing.
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

Again, one ability is overpowered and you want to nerf an entire armour line. Light Armour is fine, Impulse is overpowered, Bolt Escape is overpowered. Their base costs are too low for how strong they are.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an Altmer V12 Sorc who is a guild member of a hardcore PVP guild based on Volendrung. I've easily spent over 22 days of my 32+ days /played exclusively in Cyrodiil and hit Captain Grade 2(Rank 20) so far on a low pop server. Overall I'm third on my server and the top Sorc by over a factor of 2. Let's just say I've cast Bolt Escape (Ball Lightning Morph) many, many times in practically every situation.

I intend this message for the developers who hopefully are reading these forums with an open mind. I have no interest in discussions with the forum trolls or the uninformed plebs I see in other discussions, but I'll entertain rational and unbiased open debate. I've discussed this ability extensively with my guild (our Emperor is your next featured interview) and feel they are in agreement with me.

First I'd like to point out the mechanics and limitations of bolt escape and the more powerful Morph Ball lightning. Ball lightning, when it functions, creates a target for 6.5 seconds that absorbs all projectiles aimed at the caster. This only absorbs projects that are cast or used AFTER the sorc used Ball Lightning. If you start casting crystal fragments (or another projectile ability) on a sorcerer and he casts ball lightning it will still hit the sorc if you complete the cast before he LOS/Out ranges you. Roughly 25% of the time ball lightning fails fails to function and doesn't absorb anything. Anyone who has every fought a duel with another sorc can attest to this.

Now let's talk math. With the Seducer set (3% reduction to modified base cost), Full Light Armor (21% reduction to modified base cost), and 3 V12 Ring/Necks with Magicka Reduction Cost enchants (3*-20 to unmodified base cost) my Ball Lightning costs me 203 Magicka. My Base magicka as an Altmer with food in full V12 Legendary gear with full Legendary Magicka/Health enchants is past the soft cap at 2157 Magicka. Gear doesn't exist in the game better than what I'm wearing right now for my particular build.

Currently I can cast 14 Ball Lightnings in a row which takes me to 43 Magicka. On PTS I can cast 7 Ball Lightnings in a row with 122 Magicka left over. The changes to this ability (elimination of regen & 50% cost increase on consecutive uses) have reduced your capacity to spend your entire mana bar on this spell by 50%.
    Which is completely absurd from every other classes perspective. You know, the ones who have to walk.

Now I'll get into some PVP Philosophy discussions and follow up with some PVE Observations as well.

In my 20+ days of playing PVP I've had the pleasure of competing against some very good players and many not so good players of varying ability. Like most skilled players I find killing players that are underlevelled/geared or unskilled relatively easy and I don't feel balance changes to the game should be made based upon these kinds of matchups. Balance changes should be made when certain abilities/skills do not have available counters.

Although I feel the game should not be balanced for 1 v 1s I'll discuss my observations of 1 v 1 encounters I've had against skilled players who play their class effectively.

Sorc Versus DK: Equally skilled DKs of the same level and gearing as me are impossible to kill. Reflective Scales ensure I'm unable to cast Crystal fragments which is my primary DPS. I'm unable to drain their Stamina faster than they can drain my magicka so if I'm matched against a good DK who plays defensively against me my only option is to retreat with ball lightning and find another target. If a DK goes all out DPS against me blowing everything they have to kill me, I have a good chance to kill them unless I miss a block on their charge or make a similar mistake. I've played a few VERY good DKs who have successfully anticipated my ball lightnings after charging me and blocked and were able to continue to charge me and kill me before I could escape. This is extremely difficult to accomplish and quite rare so that is fine with me.
    This isn't a problem with class v. class, it's just that 99.9% of Sorcs use staves. My friend who goes 2h Sorc laugh when they do this.

Sorc Versus Templar: A good templar will keep eclipse on a sorc effectively nullifying any and every true offensive ability they have unless they switch to destro AOE which every class has. Even with that a good templar doesn't have to do anything but use his healing and shield abilities on himself until I'm out of mana. A good templar is impossible for an equally skilled/geared sorc to kill. My only option in a 1 v 1 with them is to retreat waste time attacking them.
    You know you can break out of it

Sorc Versus Night Blade: Night blades are the weakest class currently but the most effective Night blades that I see in PVP utilize their stealth, invisibility and a Bow to maximimum effectiveness. I do not have difficulty fighting any night blade who tries to melee me. Against an equally skilled bow-weilding Night blade my only option is to try to line of sight him and heal, keep Daedric curse on him and try to slowly work him down. It is very difficult fighting good Night Blades because they invis the moment I cast crystal fragments on them and Most of them are using Animation Cancelling which allows them to front load an absurd amount of uninterruptable damage. Usually it depends on who sees who first. Against a skilled nightblade if I get the jump on them they invis and retreat. If they get the jump on me I have to do a roll and then ball lightning away in a (hopefully) safe direction. Night blades are the most difficult class for me to escape because they can execute a Hasty Retreat roll with run speed increase and pace my speed with Ball lightning for the first 3 jumps.

Sorc Versus Sorc: It comes down to skill and luck. The sorc with the most Crystal fragment procs or the least buggy ball lightning usually wins but if both sorcs have Ball lightning the retreating sorc can typically escape the sorc who has the upper hand. If the retreating sorc has Streak instead then the Ball lightning Sorc has an easy time killing them. This is why Streak is not a good morph of Bolt Escape as in open field encounters it makes killing the fleeing sorcerer typically easy.
    Streak is actually a much better morph:
    -Holding block while you Streak gives the same effect as Ball
    -Amazing offensive ability
    -Generates a stupid amount of ult when you streak through groups

So in all of my time PVPing I find my class already becoming less and less powerful and pigeonholed more and more into certain builds. I feel the Sorc is best played as the most mobile class on the battlefield and as a harasser and shock troops. We do not have the damage utility of a DK or an equally skilled night blade but we are able to move around the battle field to a position that needs us or divide enemy forces with harassment better than any other class. This is our defining playstyle. In a 1 v 1 against equally skilled and geared players Sorcerers are currently unable to kill their targets and often must resort to bolt escape to flee. Impeding our only escape mechanism will make us primary targets. In keep defenses we are much weaker with the exception of our Ultimate Negate Magic as a DK counter on flag defenses. Bolt Escape is much less effective in close quarters due to elevation differences and obstacles. When a keep is surrounded I often spend my entire mana bar currently just trying to make it back inside the keep and this is with the best gear in the game! The sorcerer is by far the easiest class to kill in close quarters especially when multiple people are attacking them.
    If you think your class has bottlenecked builds, check out DKs. No ranged abilities or escapes.

Currently on a good day of PVP I spend anywhere from 150-200 V5 Elixirs. On the worst days I've spent 260 V5 elixirs (either Panacea of Health or Panacea of Spell Power). Usually I use a potion for the magicka because I'm always low and I'm a max level alchemist with the extra 30% Potion bonus. These changes to bolt escape are really going to curtail the utility of the Sorcerer as we're no longer going to be able to engage and often end up saving our entire mana bar for escape leaving us nothing to be effective with. Increasing our stamina pool actually hurts us as our primary mana regen ability is a percentage based stamina drain.

The hard counter to a sorc focus is always to block and either outheal their damage, reflect it, or evade it. I feel it is way too early in stages of PVP to make such kneejerk balance changes for the sake of PVP alone. As the majority of players continue to level and gain skill in PVP they will learn how to effectively counter sorcerers and as many have pointed out, is a sorcerer fleeing you really impacting your ability to play the game? I find that good players when I harass them will send a couple of nightblades
    in stealth behind my position and wait for me to return to harass and effectively kill me by cutting off my retreat. With hasty retreat they are continuously attacking me for the first three bolt escapes and I'm usually dead before I get to the fourth. As probably one of the most annoying and difficult to kill sorcerers in the game I can say everything I do can be countered pretty easily and I'm already finding I'm becoming obsolete and ineffective without these changes

My playstyle already requires me to spend 15-25K gold worth of potions every day I PVP to be effective. Most people fighting sorcs like me probably don't understand how much we're relying on potions. Losing both the mana regen capacity after casting AND a 50% cost increase is far too much and makes an already squishy class that much easier to kill.
    Every class uses potions just as much as the other. There is nothing that makes Sorc need them anymore. Also what is this "Squishy" class you speak of? There is nothing that makes a Sorc any weaker then the rest.

My guild and I feel the appropriate way to balance PVP is to bring the other classes up in line with the more powerful classes, not by limiting and restricting the most powerful classes. Each class should have it's own unique flavor and players, it's own strengths and weaknesses. By eliminating these "Flavor" abilities you are effectively making all of the classes similar and homogenizing every class in the game which is boring.

Now I'll say a bit on the PVE side since I do enjoy that somewhat as well and I'm sure the MAJORITY of the player base plays PVE in this game. In dungeons, in Boss fights, and in most veteran zone encounters I find myself using Bolt Escape constantly and rarely do I use it just once at a time. This change is going to seriously impact the enjoyability and survivability of the class in PVE. I use ball lightning constantly while farming herbs, or travelling through dungeons or town. It is our defining ability that makes playing a sorc fun. If that ability becomes too expensive to use as much as we do then we're going to be pigeon holed into crystal fragment spam casting which is about the most boring thing I can think of while playing Sorc. It wasn't until I acquired the Bolt Escape ability at around level 35 that I really started enjoying my class.
    It might your class funner, but it makes every other class suck.

At very least if you guys are determined with this course of action you should make these changes apply in Cyordiil only. Negatively impacting the majority of players in this game for the sake of the minority of PVP players is not a sound business decision.

I hope this feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears but realistically I doubt I'll influence anyone. The constant nerfs and homogenization to classes are part of what killed WoW and continuing in that line will surely kill ESO as well.

Signed,

Ezareth

PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • cfriedman71ub17_ESO
    semp3rfi wrote: »

Yes! Bolt ESCAPE! Notice that the mages didn't kill that group, that would be overpowered, they escaped. Got away. Lived to fight another day. I've been the sorc that has this work, getting away, but more often than not it doesn't, and i'm dust. I've tried to use gotten one off then been pounded. I've gotten eight or nine off run out of mana turned around to be charged by my pursuers and ground to dust. And i've managed to get away using BE. in about those proportions. Fleeing as a light armor focused class should well be an option. Once nerfs start they don't stop until the game is ruined. Just because you don't get to kill every sorc you see doesn't mean they are overpowered. The devs shouldn't be nerfing anything, they should be bringing other classes abilities in line, which as a skilled sorc i'd say BE is in line with it's 1/3 escape ratio. I'm sure if the devs looked at the classes kill/death ratios sorcs would not be near the top of that list.
  • stuu
    stuu
    100% agree with everything said by the OP. The nerf is overkill due to, too many people moan. Its sad really. The people who cant counter bolt escape in its current form should be sticking to pve or finding a new game.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuu wrote: »
    100% agree with everything said by the OP. The nerf is overkill due to, too many people moan. Its sad really. The people who cant counter bolt escape in its current form should be sticking to pve or finding a new game.

Thank you! I just tested it on the pts...... it's awfull and i wanna cry : (
    BTW you people have succeeded in making BE the ONLY ability in the game (aside from equilibrium and reaper's mark maybe) that has a negative effect on the caster himself, does this make any sense to you now?
    Edited by Yusuf on June 9, 2014 12:55PM
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Wait, is this the thread where sorcerers actually ask for buffs ?
    Can we get a DK one running too ?
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    Devlinne: VR12 NB
    Demonos: VR12 Sorc
    Devin Flames: VR12 DK
    Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    d
    Edited by makkon on June 9, 2014 1:27PM
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

Nerf an entire armour line to fix something wrong with one ability on one class then?

Don't use crystal shards. Use crushing shock. It's higher DPS with light attack animation cancel, I don't understand why so many sorcerers are so slow to catch on to switching from Crystal Shards to Crushing Shock.

The only reason you would want crystal shards is for the knockdown, and most people in pvp use immovable so you might as well take the snare and concussion from crushing shock.

Crushing Shock also has the advantage of shutting down any casting target.

Crushing Shock is the meta DPS spell for trials and has quickly replaced most trial builds that had crystal fragment.

Crushing Shock is less DPS than Crystal shards, and it requires the use of a destruction staff which lowers your overall DPS, healing and magicka regeneration. Every time I go up against a sorc spamming crushing shock on me they die easily. Good sorcs don't cast in PVP unless they're hidden or not being targeted at all.

Crystal fragments is only cast when it is instant cast and half cost. Even by casting it is the same DPS Crushing Shock and less mana per DPS.

Light Armor right now IS too powerful, but it doesn't need nerfed, the other armor types need buffed. When most of your DKs and Night Blades are using Light Armor something is broken.

Not, it is not less DPS. Keep up with the Tamriel Foundry literature and parsing. Post patch Crushing Shokc/light attack weaving provides more DPS, and what's more it doesn't slow you down through a cast time in trials so the added mobility is much better as when you cast crystal shards you self snare.

Light armor isnt too powerful, its some of the abilities that are based on magicka that are too powerful. For example:

Why would anyone bother to use medium or heavy armor when it is a magicka based ability like Impulse they want to spam? We all know an ability is to powerful when a so huge part of the community is spamming it.
    Edited by Phantorang on June 10, 2014 1:06PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am originally a tank scorc, I have a dps build for PvP mainly. Allot of the current staff users will go back too their original play style when amour and stamina weapons are boosted too be equal too magic and staff builds.

I like bolt escape as a escape tool and as a gap closing tool. I don't really have issues on my scorc unless I'm ganked or they get the drop on me. However u did let me know how each class plays and thanks for that! Anyway I like the feed back If it well help them balance things out more feed back! But at the end of the day I feel like "Mage" builds are getting the pigeon holed side of things because as a "stealth or tank" build for scorc both were not effect in anyway by this change.

Thanks for the advice tho! Assuming I ever meet a "good" player in pvp 1v1
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP is pretty broken right now and you're definitely right that we're being Pigeonholed.

I'm finding that I'm far more effective just having my group stand on me and spam Healing Springs with a resto staff in PVP. Members of my group rarely die, I NEVER run out of mana and due to AOE caps we're pretty impossible to kill.

Just what I wanted to do while playing a Sorc ( =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube