Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Call To Arms: Chrysamere[NA] DC/AD

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
Chrysamere needs more AD first off, but it also needs a few DC.

Let me lay it down for you:

Battles in chrysamere are small and fun:

On a good night, you'll have 20 vs 30 vs 15 or 10 vs 20 vs 7

sometimes its really skewed and is 4 vs 20 vs 7.

EP has the consistent numbers, ranging from 10-30 online.

DC is inconsistent: only 2 days out of the week do we have 30 people on. our worst was 2 online as things were beign night capped.

AD has the organization with a 10 man Guild, but that's all they have. AD could use more.

TLDR:

AD and DC need more ACTIVE bodies for the Chrysamere campaign. Either that or jsut delete the campaign and consolidate us to another one.
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall
  • JacobJ
    JacobJ
    Yes, we need some more people for sure. Our one guild can take emp, but we can't be on all the time to defend it. We need like 1 other guild of around 10 like ourselves to defend emp when we can't be on.
    Edited by JacobJ on May 27, 2014 12:45AM
    Character Name : Barimus Decimus
    Alliance : It's Complicated
    Class : Nightblade
    Campaign : Chrysamere NA
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JacobJ wrote: »
    Yes, we need some more people for sure. Our one guild can take emp, but we can't be on all the time to defend it. We need like 1 other guild of around 10 like ourselves to defend emp when we can't be on.

To be fair,

Chrysamere is in such a horrid state of population, That ALL THREE FACTIONS can only take emperor when the other 2 are sleeping or have 1-3 people online

Basically, due to population imbalances..Chrysamere has turned into a "who can night cap Emperor first" campaign. AD does it, EP does it and so does DC.

If you are a DC guild, or an AD guild, you are most welcome to this server.

Example of last nights population the majority of the night:

12-20 EP vs 3-7 DC vs 1 AD. That 1 AD was good ol Barimus in the post above me.

Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hate to say it because Chrysamere was my beta campaign and the first campaign I was in for the live game but this campaign should be eliminated like Scourge if the numbers are so low still.

That being said I hope some players come to that campaign and make it fun for y'all until that happens.
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I really hate to say it because Chrysamere was my beta campaign and the first campaign I was in for the live game but this campaign should be eliminated like Scourge if the numbers are so low still.

That being said I hope some players come to that campaign and make it fun for y'all until that happens.

I wouldnt mind a deletion/transfer of points somewhere else.

I am only on it right now due to my rank standing thats it.

Until then, Chrysamere needs more ACTIVE DC and AD.

Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last nights chrysamere numbers:

20+ EP

10-17 DC

2 AD.

Edited by SwampRaider on May 28, 2014 11:22AM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    last nights chrysamere numbers:

20+ EP

10-17 DC

2 AD.

There were more then 2 AD, it's just that only 2 AD were being productive, the other AD were just being annoying.
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is still relevant

DC needs more active people that like to stay up past 1am EST.

AD still need 20+ more people

I cannot see AD or DC dominating the map ever again unless we all agree on a time to cap all the keeps in the morning when EP is sleeping.

last nights prime time battle numbers:

8pm EDT-11pm EDT: DC Scroll Defense/farmed at the gates

15 DC vs 20 EP vs 2 AD

11pm-2am EDT: Remaining AD keeps night capped with ease

3 DC vs 25+ EP vs 1 AD

Edited by SwampRaider on June 3, 2014 3:58PM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • MatthiasCorvinu
    MatthiasCorvinu
    Soul Shriven
    Ebonheart still has the lowest score in that campaign so I wouldn't complain much right now. Don't be mad we have gotten organized and you guys can't handle it.
    Keep your friends close, kill all your enemies.

Main: Feanor Eldarin [VR12 NB]
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact, Guild: Rockfighters/Doom Brigade
    Campaign: Chillrend[NA]
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart still has the lowest score in that campaign so I wouldn't complain much right now. Don't be mad we have gotten organized and you guys can't handle it.

this is not a complaint. This is a call to arms so that everyone in the campaign can have fun.

The AD have literally 2-3 daily regulars, with the occasional 20+ that show up a few times a month.(They lost 30+ AD last month who quit to a new campaign)

DC population has been in decline, 7 people quit the game, 20+ others have moved on to other campaigns. The DC population is 99% east coast and they dont stay up past 1am usually, making it easy for the MT+PST EP to cap all progress we make.

Please dont say that I am mad, when I am trying to make a campaign fair and balanced.

Plus, there's quite a few Chrysamere EP that agree with me. It's not fun to dominate the whole map and have no opponents, It's not fun to chase people away from the server by farming them at the gates. I don't know about you, but I am working my ass off to have a campaign where all sides are represented somewhat equally so no ones pvp experiences are ruined.
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, there's quite a few Chrysamere EP that agree with me. It's not fun to dominate the whole map and have no opponents, It's not fun to chase people away from the server by farming them at the gates. I don't know about you, but I am working my ass off to have a campaign where all sides are represented somewhat equally so no ones pvp experiences are ruined.

This.

I don't like to go past Glademist unless there is a specific reason - skyshards or scroll. I don't repair Rayles or Warden because I think it's ungentlemanly to do so if we already have the scrolls. When you grind people into the dust, you turn the pvp zone into a pve map.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub-VR DC player here. The last three nights I tried to find something to do about 10PM PST (that's when I get the chance to play). Yesterday I found one person. The previous night and tonight, I found nobody.

I guess people log on, see the utter domination of red, and view the idea of having some fun in Cyrodiil tonight as hopeless. I haven't PVPed much at all, and I sure would like to give it more of a try. But there's not much a level 27 can do. I can't even put a dent in the guards on my own.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 4, 2014 6:32AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub-VR DC player here. The last three nights I tried to find something to do about 10PM PST (that's when I get the chance to play). Yesterday I found one person. The previous night and tonight, I found nobody.

I guess people log on, see the utter domination of red, and view the idea of having some fun in Cyrodiil tonight as hopeless. I haven't PVPed much at all, and I sure would like to give it more of a try. But there's not much a level 27 can do. I can't even put a dent in the guards on my own.

its pretty much just my guild of 15-25 people on at certain nights. which is why DC needs more players. but AD is worse off.
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭

That's not quite what he's doing, bruvv. It's perfectly respectable to sell the server as a prime opportunity for some fun and competition, and both DC and AD need to bolster their numbers. Being an EP player involved in just about everything majorly affecting the map the past few weeks, I understand just why you're miffed, but I think we've largely sorted that particular slight out at this point.
    its pretty much just my guild of 15-25 people on at certain nights. which is why DC needs more players. but AD is worse off.

Yeah, I noticed AD went from occasionally making a comeback and bowing out, to going the way of the Dwemer recently. The server's pretty much jus been a mete between EP and DC; if the AD don't have at least one large guild organizing things on their end, I don't see that changing.
    I don't like to go past Glademist unless there is a specific reason - skyshards or scroll. I don't repair Rayles or Warden because I think it's ungentlemanly to do so if we already have the scrolls. When you grind people into the dust, you turn the pvp zone into a pve map.

You need to keep in mind that Cyrodiil is also about winning at the end of the campaign, not just about whether or not there's enough PvE content in each faction's front yard to bide the time when they aren't raiding, and for EP, with DC's score, that can't happen unless it's dominated a long while. We've all avoided guards in areas under our enemy factions' agency, it's not as though they're without options, and I don't think anyone's actually farming them at their gates. The real issue, as MasterSpatula presented, is that most players are immediately discouraged when there's no social activity in their zone chats, but nothing's stopping them from guesting on other servers, which is actually why nobody else is playing on that server at the moment.

That's pretty lame considering EP never relented when we were the ones relegated to just our base camps (well, not for long). SwampRaider is responding to the current state of affairs correctly, rallying other players to the server to raise their numbers. It is, in the meantime, however, equally unchivalrous to just give them back their front door keeps without so much as a little contest. If every side plays fairly and vigorously, when DC gets more players, taking at least Glademist and Warden won't be some Herculean feat anyway.

Tl;dr, DC will probably make a comeback, but AD is pretty screwed because nobody will organize for them on Chrysamere.
    Options
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭

You need to keep in mind that Cyrodiil is also about winning at the end of the campaign, not just about whether or not there's enough PvE content in each faction's front yard to bide the time when they aren't raiding, and for EP, with DC's score, that can't happen unless it's dominated a long while. We've all avoided guards in areas under our enemy factions' agency, it's not as though they're without options, and I don't think anyone's actually farming them at their gates. The real issue, as MasterSpatula presented, is that most players are immediately discouraged when there's no social activity in their zone chats, but nothing's stopping them from guesting on other servers, which is actually why nobody else is playing on that server at the moment.

The reason to leave the first two keeps lightly defended is to give the opposing faction hope. PvE has nothing to do with it. There is no reason to grind a faction into the dust. This is about PvP, not some ridiculous score at the end of the ninety days that will mean nothing on account of all of the guesting back and forth. This is about kills and action and tactics, not playing an Elder Scrolls-themed version of Civilization.
    That's pretty lame considering EP never relented when we were the ones relegated to just our base camps (well, not for long). SwampRaider is responding to the current state of affairs correctly, rallying other players to the server to raise their numbers. It is, in the meantime, however, equally unchivalrous to just give them back their front door keeps without so much as a little contest. If every side plays fairly and vigorously, when DC gets more players, taking at least Glademist and Warden won't be some Herculean feat anyway.

Refusing to kick a man when he is on the ground is not unchivalrous. How dare you suggest that doing otherwise is dishonorable!
    Tl;dr, DC will probably make a comeback, but AD is pretty screwed because nobody will organize for them on Chrysamere.

DC coming back is entirely possible. It is unfortunate that [the DC emperor] left the game because it leaves DC without an emperor even if they control all of the Imperial keeps, at least for the time being. It would be nice to have a game mechanic to address that situation.

AD isn't going to come back in any conventional way. There is a group of AD that simply farms the server to make themselves emperor. Watch the leaderboards and you will see that just before a new AD emperor is crowned, the previous one leaves the server and returns afterward with reset points. AD has become a Mongol Horde, pillaging the server every week or so then practicing salutory neglect until the next big coronation push.

Why don't you provide your in-game name, @CaptainSilver, so we know with whom we are speaking?

Edited by ArcanusMagus on June 5, 2014 3:04AM
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
    Options
  • MarisGolding
    MarisGolding
    ✭✭
    Hats off to the DC regulars last night. Congrats on the push. Also very proud of the EP folks that attempted to defend against the 70 plus guests. I saw a lot of amazing fighting for being so outnumbered. Would take any of you Ina fight anytime :)
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hats off to the DC regulars last night. Congrats on the push. Also very proud of the EP folks that attempted to defend against the 70 plus guests. I saw a lot of amazing fighting for being so outnumbered. Would take any of you Ina fight anytime :)

Actually, IF you want more accurate numbers, Even though it doesn't change things really. It was 48 guests + 19 Regulars(at least around 11pm when i checked.

Yes. Good fights. of course it wont last long, lol. Especially since our emperor quit the game and its going to take me 2 weeks or so to catch up to his score...if Chrysamere is active.

But this is why I want to recruit more DC, because guesting is meh.
    Edited by SwampRaider on June 5, 2014 2:49PM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • ByrenV
    ByrenV
    Especially since our emperor quit the game

any chance you have a way to communicate with them? or the 2nd for that matter? last i checked there were 2 ahead of you and from what i understand neither of them are playing any longer? and i thought (heard a rumor) they were in your guild...thought maybe there was some way for you to contact them?
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByrenV wrote: »
    Especially since our emperor quit the game

any chance you have a way to communicate with them? or the 2nd for that matter? last i checked there were 2 ahead of you and from what i understand neither of them are playing any longer? and i thought (heard a rumor) they were in your guild...thought maybe there was some way for you to contact them?

they are in my guild, and there is no way to contact them.

so yea. lol
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was the most fun I've had in the game in weeks. Before ESO, the only PVP I've ever been able to stand was Space PVP in SWG.

Thanks to my fellow DCers and the the EP defenders for a fun night!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Durandal
    Durandal
    ✭✭
    Good times. Lots of fun fighting tooth and nail defending those keeps. Keep the blue wave coming! :smiley:

Durandal
    Durandal
    Chrysamere Pact
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I get off work early enough to fight to keep them.
    Options
  • Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭
    We really need more AD in this campaign. Some more DC, too, but mostly AD.

Today was the highest amount of AD players I've seen in literally a week. That number? 8. Even with those 8, we were unable to even take our home keeps back or the resources. We haven't held Bloodmayne in ages. This week, it's just been a struggle to keep EP out of our gates. DC helps, when they can, but if we can't get more people for the AD, it's a lost cause for the AD.

If any guilds would like to help Chrysamere AD, please message me @Bat_Pikachu in the game.
    Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP still runnin the map unopposed... So few of us on either faction that any amount of players would make a difference.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once my guest is up, ill be jumping in.

11 hours.

Ill even pass this along to my group of guys i run with normally, about 5-6 of us all told, never consistent though.
    Edited by Rylana on June 11, 2014 4:34PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to here, even 2 more AD would double AD's consistent numbers, so help however you can. All we need is about 15 on each side or 20 and 10 to get back some control.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I go to a wayshrine, see that there's not even a single keep on the map that isn't red, and I don't even bother going into Cyrodiil. If there's some activity going on tonight, though, I'll gladly be in it.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 11, 2014 8:09PM
    Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I go to a wayshrine, see that there's not even a single keep on the map that isn't red, and I don't even bother going into Cyrodiil. If there's some activity going on tonight, though, I'll gladly be in it.

This is how 50% of the DC population in chrysamere thinks. "Why fight for a server that there is no hope in, when i can gank noobs on wabba?"

I've talked with EP many times about this. I tell them "Owning a whole map usually kills a server." but hey, only 2 people i know of out of the 30+ EP agree with me, and they have no pull in their faction anymore since EP would rather own every keep than give the low pop factions some leeway to come back and actually participate.

In order for DC to actually have a showing of it's chrysamere regulars, We actually have to own a keep. (I know how stupid that sounds, but hey, it's psychology)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, my time is limited and I'm not a Vet yet. There's still plenty to do. I enjoy Cyrodiil, and I like Chrysamere and the people I've played with, but I'm going to choose go level if Cyrodiil looks pointless.
    Options
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, my time is limited and I'm not a Vet yet. There's still plenty to do. I enjoy Cyrodiil, and I like Chrysamere and the people I've played with, but I'm going to choose go level if Cyrodiil looks pointless.

I understand this, I truly do. Most of the time during this campaign DC dominated the map. The overall score tells a story that the map doesn't. If you look at the individual scores for each faction, you can see that we were farmed alot. The important thing is to just keep at it. Besides, nobody ever got better at doing anything by having an advantage.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand this, I truly do. Most of the time during this campaign DC dominated the map. The overall score tells a story that the map doesn't. If you look at the individual scores for each faction, you can see that we were farmed alot. The important thing is to just keep at it. Besides, nobody ever got better at doing anything by having an advantage.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. I (at level 28) and one other DC successfully defended Arrius against somewhere around 11 EP on Saturday morning. Believe me, I never expected to win that fight, but I was still excited to fight the fight. I wish they would have come back.

So no, I'm not afraid of being dominated. My point is that if I see no signs of activity, I'm not wasting my time, and when all the keeps and resources are the same color, it's a quick (if maybe not 100% accurate) way to judge that nothing is happening.
    Options