Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All this QQ over DK and Sorc nerfs

• Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    What was the purpose of this, then? Show an Emperor (double resources, double Ulti gain, etc., etc.) DK spamming lolultimates?
    to show you what has been said by me: dragonknights are quite capable jailbreakers, especially during sieges; multi level zones. the rest is just icing

Elyna wrote: »
    6:53 What the ****
    Why are DK's allowed to do that? Shouldnt NB's be able to do that? Theyre assassins so wouldnt it make sense for them to infiltrate? Everytime I try something I always get "you cant jump that high!"
    because they can spread big, magickal dragon wings. If I'm not mistaken then you can teleport on the walls with your NB ability: teleport strike
    NBs cant do that. its either out of range or I get the message "You cant jump that high!"
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »
    NBs cant do that. its either out of range or I get the message "You cant jump that high!"
    hm I think that I have seen it with my own eyes. try it few more times, positioning is the key: both yours and your enemy

Options
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for enlightening me. In my ignorance I thought that what I do is called 'preservation of reason".

Ignorance is always forgivable. However you seek a preservation of your beliefs not reason.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    What was the purpose of this, then? Show an Emperor (double resources, double Ulti gain, etc., etc.) DK spamming lolultimates?
    to show you what has been said by me: dragonknights are quite capable jailbreakers, especially during sieges; multi level zones. the rest is just icing
    Situationally, yes. Overall, not even close.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    what about stealth being a toggle on and off and mage light does not detect. how much whining then would we see from sorcs etc.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Ignorance is always forgivable. However you seek a preservation of your beliefs not reason.
    I'm glad to be in the company of such forgiving person. I'm sure that it is not a 'belief' that I wish to preserve but reason, one that is healthy and deeply rooted in the actual state of bolt escape. no alterations are required for this spell and reasoning behind upcoming changes seems to be be a result of disturbed feelings and nothing else.

Situationally, yes. Overall, not even close.
    I agree

Options
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to be in the company of such forgiving person. I'm sure that it is not a 'belief' that I wish to preserve but reason, one that is healthy and deeply rooted in the actual state of bolt escape. no alterations are required for this spell and reasoning behind upcoming changes seems to be be a result of disturbed feelings and nothing else.

ROFL... i have to admit I get a real kick out of individuals who find all sorts of ways to puff themselves up.

You see, what is endlessly humorous to me is I could go into all the lack of reasoning in your posts, which are quite numerous, but then you will just counter with another "This is my opinion which I deem supremely important" post with little evidence to back it up. What makes it acutely funny is you will claim everyone else is doing exactly what you are doing to deflect actual reasoning.

But hey, it is only funny for a few posts before it devolves into boorish nonsense. I do thank for my morning chuckle though. Alas, I must bow to your "masterful wit" and "skilled reason" and give you the last word whilst I find a more meaningful thread to peruse.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    ROFL... i have to admit I get a real kick out of individuals who find all sorts of ways to puff themselves up.

You see, what is endlessly humorous to me is I could go into all the lack of reasoning in your posts, which are quite numerous, but then you will just counter with another "This is my opinion which I deem supremely important" post with little evidence to back it up. What makes it acutely funny is you will claim everyone else is doing exactly what you are doing to deflect actual reasoning.

But hey, it is only funny for a few posts before it devolves into boorish nonsense. I do thank for my morning chuckle though. Alas, I must bow to your "masterful wit" and "skilled reason" and give you the last word whilst I find a more meaningful thread to peruse.
    ah yes, the veil has been lifted and 'rofl' person emerged.

Please, when you find time then come back here and point all the lack of reasoning in my posts, especially if they are quite numerous (we would not want to leave it without explanation, would we?). An intellectual of your caliber will experience no problems with dealing with baseless counter arguments coming from an egotic person like me. Also, please, clarify what breed of evidence you require from me, "Universal Declaration of Infinite Blink" perhaphs? Transition from "endlessly humorous" to "acutely funny"?
    Yes I claim that wrong analogies are wrong.

Indeed.

Ta-Ta

Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    It's just 50% increase on subsequest casts right? Ok... that sounds fine.
    Options
  • KellieHusker
    KellieHusker
    ✭✭
    Longer they leave classes in a state of being "over powered" the more it becomes accepted, players re-roll and start playing the current flavor, however as it becomes the norm and more people play them as they are left with little option if they wish to be competitive (also increased as an issue, due to trials) once they do get nerf'ed or brought into line with other classes, a huge out cry begins as everyone is now playing the flavor.

Huge discrepancy in class balance or any balance for that matter, need to be addressed quickly and not left to fester for a few months at a time, people fall into habits and they don't like change once they get comfortable with being powerful.

If these issues would have been addressed sooner, the upset would have been much smaller. And when people say fix things sooner this does not mean knee jerk reactions, but it does mean taking action even if it is putting a band-aid on the situation until a much better solution can be reached, as soon as possible.
    Options
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    Longer they leave classes in a state of being "over powered" the more it becomes accepted, players re-roll and start playing the current flavor, however as it becomes the norm and more people play them as they are left with little option if they wish to be competitive (also increased as an issue, due to trials) once they do get nerf'ed or brought into line with other classes, a huge out cry begins as everyone is now playing the flavor.

Huge discrepancy in class balance or any balance for that matter, need to be addressed quickly and not left to fester for a few months at a time, people fall into habits and they don't like change once they get comfortable with being powerful.

If these issues would have been addressed sooner, the upset would have been much smaller. And when people say fix things sooner this does not mean knee jerk reactions, but it does mean taking action even if it is putting a band-aid on the situation until a much better solution can be reached, as soon as possible.

I fully agree. I think the biggest glaring issue atm is how subpar stamina based weapons are and the issue of armor. Currently, there are few reasons to use anything other than Light Armor. Is it too powerful? I don't believe so, but medium armor is much less efficient and heavy armor is terrible for dps. Fixing these thing PRIOR to judging class balance is what is truly needed in order to open up build diversity. If Zenimax truly wants us to "Play it your way" they'd make these changes as a highest priority. Taking the time to do it right is good. Implementing lesser but consistent changes is great. Communication is the ultimate key to keeping subscribers so as to continually feed your player base faith in your company. Devs, and/or well informed representatives need to be involved in the discussions on these forums. Not a short post here or there, actual involvement.

I love this game, despite the state of my melee built NB and stamina based sorc. I want this game, and company, to succeed.
    Options
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    To the clueless saying it's better to buff other classes than to nerf one.
    One question: Do you think having every class being able to solo supposed group/trial content is a great idea for the game?
    Or maybe just maybe, it's actually easier to nerf one class, than buff every other class and also have to buff every mob in the game also.

Sometimes, I wish some of you would borrow someone else's brain and use theirs to think, as you clearly don't use your own!
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Elgarr wrote: »
    To the clueless saying it's better to buff other classes than to nerf one.
    One question: Do you think having every class being able to solo supposed group/trial content is a great idea for the game?
    Or maybe just maybe, it's actually easier to nerf one class, than buff every other class and also have to buff every mob in the game also.

Sometimes, I wish some of you would borrow someone else's brain and use theirs to think, as you clearly don't use your own!
    yes, I do think so.
    it is better to feel stronger than weaker.

brains don't work this way. anyway, my skull wouldn't appreciate an inferior piece of hardware
    Options
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    it is better to feel stronger than weaker.

brains don't work this way. anyway, my skull wouldn't appreciate an inferior piece of hardware

Did you read what I put? You wouldn't feel stronger, like I said, they would have to buff every class AND every mob up, so you feeling stronger now, would make you in fact weaker, when soloing group content is not what they wanted.

As for your skull not appreciating an inferior piece of hardware, I think you might want to get it checked out, as it seems anything else right now would be an upgrade.

Edited by Elgarr on June 7, 2014 8:44AM
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭

Did you read what I put? You wouldn't feel stronger, like I said, they would have to buff every class AND every mob up, so you feeling stronger now, would make you in fact weaker, when soloing group content is not what they wanted.

As for your skull not appreciating an inferior piece of hardware, I think you might want to get it checked out, as it seems anything else right now would be an upgrade.
    yes I did. no need to buff mobs.

have you thought about pink? 'think' does not suit you well.

Options
  • Dark_Dread
    Dark_Dread
    ✭✭

yes I did. no need to buff mobs.

have you thought about pink? 'think' does not suit you well.

Let me conjecturize your parability for a moment. I think the vaginity of your volatility is patronized by the conjecture of your hemmoriohdal indescripeties, therefore urinizing the vesticular, erm, I mean, testicularity of your validity.

So to summarize your indiscretion of the prostosis in your rectinium, it is imperative to visualize the severity of your testiculity in conjectures.

(Looks in his "pickle" jar)
    "Any man can overcome adversity. To truly test a man, give him power."(Thornwolf, Rowan Redwolf~AD)
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Dark_Dread wrote: »
    Let me conjecturize your parability for a moment. I think the vaginity of your volatility is patronized by the conjecture of your hemmoriohdal indescripeties, therefore urinizing the vesticular, erm, I mean, testicularity of your validity.

So to summarize your indiscretion of the prostosis in your rectinium, it is imperative to visualize the severity of your testiculity in conjectures.

(Looks in his "pickle" jar)
    one does not enter the portal to high lexicon while remaining a colonist. 'z' betrayed you

and for the sake of the Ancestors, refrain from such perverted behaviour. I have had enough of it in ESO; all these tolerant and lovely melodramatic ''''Altmer''''

Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK: it is better to buff other classes than nerf one. people want to be stronger, even when they wish for strong to become weak.

They were/are also stupidly over powered in PVE as well, soloing group content. This "buff don't nerd" logic just doesn't cut it most of the time.
    If I'm not mistaken then you can teleport on the walls with your NB ability: teleport strike

You are mistaken. You cannot teleport up onto walls of a keep you're attacking, despite your replies that "positioning is key", you can't do it, you're wrong.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on June 10, 2014 11:54PM
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    They were/are also stupidly over powered in PVE as well, soloing group content. This "buff don't nerd" logic just doesn't cut it most of the time.

You are mistaken. You cannot teleport up onto walls of a keep you're attacking, despite your replies that "positioning is key", you can't do it, you're wrong.
    it cuts all the time. you buff classes, let them play with group content and then you buff mobs (or forsaken current content and release new one with increased dfficulty: this way people will enjoy their power).

hm I'm unsure, I still keep replaying nb teleporting on the wall. maybe memory is tricking me, maybe not.
    Edited by Surinen on June 11, 2014 1:34PM
    Options