Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All this QQ over DK and Sorc nerfs

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
At least your classes still work properly. Meanwhile, Nightblades.
Also I LOL at Sorcs trying to defend Bolt Escape. "But its called Bolt Escape! Youre supposed to escape with it!" So should my 'Death Stroke" ability have a 100% kill chance? It has death in it! Deal with it Sorcs, your "get out of jail free" card is no more. Looks like youll have to die when you make mistakes just like everyone else.
Edited by Elyna on June 4, 2014 3:57PM
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I see no unusual amount of complaints. but yes, unreasonable changes triumphed over wits. now, all suffering from almostgothimdemmia are cheerful because their superbly executed display of incompetence will be rewarded with killing blows. Bon appétit! [forum itself is disgusted with it]
    Edited by Surinen on June 4, 2014 4:58PM
    Options
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    I see no unusual amount of complaints. but yes, unreasonable changes triumphed over wits. now, all suffering from almostgothimdemmia are cheerful because their superbly executed display of incompetence will be rewarded with killing blows. Bon appétit!

Wheres the wits in pre-nerf Bolt Escape? Try to kill him before it zips away never to be seen again? What is this? A legendary Pokemon?
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »
    I see no unusual amount of complaints. but yes, unreasonable changes triumphed over wits. now, all suffering from almostgothimdemmia are cheerful because their superbly executed display of incompetence will be rewarded with killing blows. Bon appétit!

Wheres the wits in pre-nerf Bolt Escape? Try to kill him before it zips away never to be seen again? What is this? A legendary Pokemon?

Please see the other 99999 threads on the subject
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    wits lay somewhere between cranium and mandible. few brave enough to venture into its casemates became later known as 'those who wielded tactics'. in my youth victory was not only achieved by killing an enemy but also by walkover. if you have missed this person who escaped from your lovely grip then you could make an alt on his/her faction and delicately suggest to send a postcard next time you meet. if you cannot disable your enemy then maybe you are not worthy of his/her time and definately not worthy of extinguishing his/her life. also, I do not approve of analogy escape--->death.
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wits lay somewhere between cranium and mandible. few brave enough to venture into its casemates became later known as 'those who wielded tactics'. in my youth victory was not only achieved by killing an enemy but also by walkover. if you have missed this person who escaped from your lovely grip then you could make an alt on his/her faction and delicately suggest to send a postcard next time you meet. if you cannot disable your enemy then maybe you are not worthy of his/her time and definately not worthy of extinguishing his/her life. also, I do not approve of analogy escape--->death.

Thats alot of wordage to basically say "Yes, I agree Bolt Escape was stupid in it's current form and needed to be rebalanced". Atleast that is what I got out of it.

Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    1) I'm a sorc (vr 12)
    2) I totally second this change... I would have been fine even with a 100% cost increase in place of 50%... bolt escape is an escape TOOL not an AUTO ESCAPE button... if you use it well you can escape hard situation... if you use it badly you die... is just like any other skill in the game (at elast how they should be...)... but with the actual bolt escape I've seen plenty of sorc using it... blinking in random direction... than blinking back... blink in a random direction again... and still have enough magika to leave all non sorc behind... this is not how it should be -_-' and hopefully this new change will make the use of bolt escape a little more reasoned.. and not just spam the button and nobody will ever hit you...
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Thats alot of wordage to basically say "Yes, I agree Bolt Escape was stupid in it's current form and needed to be rebalanced". Atleast that is what I got out of it.
    the opposite. no nerf required
    Thalmor snipmer
    word 'should' replaced with "I think" should be

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I see no unusual amount of complaints. but yes, unreasonable changes triumphed over wits. now, all suffering from almostgothimdemmia are cheerful because their superbly executed display of incompetence will be rewarded with killing blows. Bon appétit! [forum itself is disgusted with it]
    I don't think the changes are unreasonable.

DK nerfs are nothing gamebreaking. Just removed some of the synergy with non-class skills, toned down some Talons damage (for an AoE CC skill, it has a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good DPM).

Bolt Escape changes encourage players to use it as an in-combat gap-closing, or gap-opening skill, instead of "Lalala, can't touch this!"

As for the bolded part - if they brought you low, maybe they aren't as incompetent.
    Edited by Still_Mind on June 5, 2014 6:24AM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

DK nerfs are nothing gamebreaking. Just removed some of the synergy with non-class skills, toned down some Talons damage (for an AoE CC skill, it has a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good DPM).

Bolt Escape changes encourage players to use it as an in-combat gap-closing, or gap-opening skill, instead of "Lalala, can't touch this!"

As for the bolded part - if they brought you low, maybe they aren't as incompetent.
    DK: it is better to buff other classes than nerf one. people want to be stronger, even when they wish for strong to become weak.

encouragement that comes from limit is unwise. 'lalala(...)" was a much better form of encouragement for both parties.

bolded part does not mention amount of enemies nor describe course of combat

Options
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    At least your classes still work properly. Meanwhile, Nightblades.
    Also I LOL at Sorcs trying to defend Bolt Escape. "But its called Bolt Escape! Youre supposed to escape with it!" So should my 'Death Stroke" ability have a 100% kill chance? It has death in it! Deal with it Sorcs, your "get out of jail free" card is no more. Looks like youll have to die when you make mistakes just like everyone else.

you can nerf this game right down to one side has a wet noodle and one side has spitballs and both sides will still scream the other side is OP
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

DK: it is better to buff other classes than nerf one. people want to be stronger, even when they wish for strong to become weak.

encouragement that comes from limit is unwise. 'lalala(...)" was a much better form of encouragement for both parties.

bolded part does not mention amount of enemies nor describe course of combat

So other classes, if faced with overwhelming odds, should die, and only the Sorc should have a chance to escape? Is that what you're saying?
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    So other classes, if faced with overwhelming odds, should die, and only the Sorc should have a chance to escape? Is that what you're saying?
    yes, this is exactly what I'm saying. whether it is incoming solo defeat or group one, sorcerer should have an option to attempt escape.

Options
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yes, this is exactly what I'm saying. whether it is incoming solo defeat or group one, sorcerer should have an option to attempt escape.

Which will still exist. They can attempt to escape still, but with less impunity. Nobody should ever get a free pass to wreak havoc and never be held accountable. This was a mild adjustment and in no manner breaks this ability; it only limits the ability.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Which will still exist. They can attempt to escape still, but with less impunity. Nobody should ever get a free pass to wreak havoc and never be held accountable. This was a mild adjustment and in no manner breaks this ability; it only limits the ability.
    there is no impunity in its current form, you simply escape if your opponent lacks certain attributes that would allow him/her to catch you. I disagree. It makes an interesting case for harassing class. limit is wrong

Options
  • Kegero
    Kegero
    ✭✭
    there is no impunity in its current form, you simply escape if your opponent lacks certain attributes that would allow him/her to catch you. I disagree. It makes an interesting case for harassing class. limit is wrong
    Then, by your logic, each other class should recieve an ability that disables the ability "bolt escape" for e.g. 10 seconds because if your opponent lacks certain attributes to flee without using bolt escape he deserves to die. This makes an interesting case for an harrass-counter class. Not giving all classes a bolt-escape-nullifier-skill is wrong.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Kegero wrote: »
    Then, by your logic, each other class should recieve an ability that disables the ability "bolt escape" for e.g. 10 seconds because if your opponent lacks certain attributes to flee without using bolt escape he deserves to die. This makes an interesting case for an harrass-counter class. Not giving all classes a bolt-escape-nullifier-skill is wrong.
    ? irrational. every class can counter sorcerer's harass.

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Templar has no real escape options. Dragonknight has no real escape options. Nightblade has limited disengagement options (stealth, Path, but nothing next to BE).

So I'm asking again. Why those classes should die if they face an overwhelming force, and the Sorcerer should not?
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Templar has no real escape options. Dragonknight has no real escape options. Nightblade has limited disengagement options (stealth, Path, but nothing next to BE).

So I'm asking again. Why those classes should die if they face an overwhelming force, and the Sorcerer should not?
    because this is how they were designed. surviving, dying, whatever. this is simply sorcerer's flavour. this ability alone does not place sorcerers in better position. the problem lays with players who struggle with their emotions/feelings. kill is not everything, get satisfaction from making enemy flee.
    side not about dragonknights, they are quite capable jailbreakers, especially in castle battles: wings

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

because this is how they were designed. surviving, dying, whatever. this is simply sorcerer's flavour. this ability alone does not place sorcerers in better position. the problem lays with players who struggle with their emotions/feelings. kill is not everything, get satisfaction from making enemy flee.
    side not about dragonknights, they are quite capable jailbreakers, especially in castle battles: wings
    What "wings" are you talking about? Dragon leap, or reflective scale?
    Options
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    This change makes the streak morph worthless I use it to attack now I gotta rspec
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
    Options
  • Kegero
    Kegero
    ✭✭
    ? irrational. every class can counter sorcerer's harass.
    Ahhh, now I get it. You are just farming LOL-likes. I must admit, good job!
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    dragon leap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gymCpN0Pcsk 6:53 quite amazing movie by the way

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Are you seriously comparing Dragon Leap to Bolt Escape, in terms of mobility\escape potential?
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, now I get it. You are just farming LOL-likes. I must admit, good job!
    Thank you for enlightening me. In my ignorance I thought that what I do is called 'preservation of reason".

Are you seriously comparing Dragon Leap to Bolt Escape, in terms of mobility\escape potential?
    comparing? no.

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    What was the purpose of this, then? Show an Emperor (double resources, double Ulti gain, etc., etc.) DK spamming lolultimates?
    Options
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    dragon leap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gymCpN0Pcsk 6:53 quite amazing movie by the way

6:53 What the ****
    Why are DK's allowed to do that? Shouldnt NB's be able to do that? Theyre assassins so wouldnt it make sense for them to infiltrate? Everytime I try something I always get "you cant jump that high!"
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

Why are DK's allowed to do that? Shouldnt NB's be able to do that? Theyre assassins so wouldnt it make sense for them to infiltrate? Everytime I try something I always get "you cant jump that high!"
    Would actually be a cool NB skill a la ninja jump. No damage, no nothing, but can be used in stealth.
    Options
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭

Would actually be a cool NB skill a la ninja jump. No damage, no nothing, but can be used in stealth.

Maybe a Teleport strike morph to replace that garbage Lotus Spin ability?
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭

Maybe a Teleport strike morph to replace that garbage Lotus Spin ability?
    Sure, why not. And to get rid of the silly cast time.
    Options
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    What was the purpose of this, then? Show an Emperor (double resources, double Ulti gain, etc., etc.) DK spamming lolultimates?
    to show you what has been said by me: dragonknights are quite capable jailbreakers, especially during sieges; multi level zones. the rest is just icing

because they can spread big, magickal dragon wings. If I'm not mistaken then you can teleport on the walls with your NB ability: teleport strike

Options