Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead – June 4th"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead – June 4th. We hope you enjoyed this update! What has you most excited for ESO's future?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite excited to see the new dying/coloring process you guys come up with. I've been thinking about this a bit. If you separate Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking coloring stations, you could have Dyes, Patinas and Stains, respectively.

Also, the field-of-view slider is a much needed addition. First person looks like it must be 60 degrees but would be more comfortable at 75 (on my big screen at least) Maybe I'll start playing in first person mode once that's added.

Object Interaction will also be a big plus, especially for those of us who are used to other Elder Scroll games, where nearly everything can be interacted with.
    Edited by Marcusstratus on June 4, 2014 7:01PM
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duration of PvP campaigns is 90 days. Not 180. Difficult to trust anything in the article :-)
  • Logan9a
    Logan9a
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see dying be an individual craft rather than a 'select your armor color'.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some good stuff in this if they can pull it off that would help with the current VR dissatisfaction. Can they do it without breaking something?

Itemization – we’ll add gear that’s harder to acquire but more worthwhile. We're looking at gear that will make others envious when you’re wearing or wielding it—both in appearance and in stat boosts. To do this, we’ll adjust soft caps so that they don't kick in quite as quickly. We have to be very careful about how much we adjust numbers, because the greater the variance, the more people can hurt their intended builds.

Veteran Ranks - we're looking at giving you more "points" to spend when you hit a Veteran Rank. This is at a very, very early stage, but essentially, we want to KEEP the great customization you have for your character from 1-50 and allow you to continue augmenting it in meaningful ways. Our goal is to let you have many more FUN character development decisions post level 50.

[FUN - lacking for many in VR, maybe they are finally getting it.]
    -
    More content - We're going to continue providing more content on a regular basis. Veteran Dungeons, areas like Craglorn, Trials, and etc. Further, we’re going to allow dungeons to level to the group leader. This means you'll be able to go back and play any dungeon to get rewards appropriate for your group leader’s level.
    Edited by LariahHunding on June 4, 2014 7:06PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see guild houses, and maybe personal houses. A place that you and your friends can hang out without running into strangers who want to mess with you. Guild houses are accessible to guild members only. If you make personal houses, others may enter at the owner's invitation.
    Edited by Firestar1992 on June 4, 2014 7:06PM
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    <3 great update!
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    How about that PvP dungeon (Imperial City)? It would add a lot more meaning to PvP.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    Duration of PvP campaigns is 90 days. Not 180. Difficult to trust anything in the article :-)

LOL - please dont tell me this is a freudian slip and the campaigns are being increased to 180 days.

PvP is doomed. ZOS doesnt even know how long their campaigns are....how can we expect campaign consolidation?

Edit: Ninja edit done by ZOS ...now says 90 days. I would have done the same thing...I do ninja edits all the time at work. "What are you talking about? The announcement always said that. I didnt change anything!"
    Edited by Cimos on June 5, 2014 12:29AM
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plan looks good and sounds solid. Implementation will mean everything. I beg you to keep information like this coming and not just in state of the game updates.

The dye system looks just like GW2 but that is fine because it works. My one suggestion though would be to make dyes purchasable through a vendor only. No rare drops etc. I hope to avoid the next motif market exploit.

I completely understand the need for small incremental improvements and fixes. This however is still unacceptable with the nightblade class. It is not so much that we are underpowered, it is that our abilities and passives do not work. There is a big difference. So attempting to sugar coat it with the statement that you play one is really insulting.

Anyhow, thanks for the information. It is appreciated.
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »
    The plan looks good and sounds solid. Implementation will mean everything. I beg you to keep information like this coming and not just in state of the game updates.

The dye system looks just like GW2 but that is fine because it works. My one suggestion though would be to make dyes purchasable through a vendor only. No rare drops etc. I hope to avoid the next motif market exploit.

I completely understand the need for small incremental improvements and fixes. This however is still unacceptable with the nightblade class. It is not so much that we are underpowered, it is that our abilities and passives do not work. There is a big difference. So attempting to sugar coat it with the statement that you play one is really insulting.

Anyhow, thanks for the information. It is appreciated.

QFT. I'm utterly stoked. Dye will allow us to create rivalries in PVP/PVE.
    Dunmer Sorcerer
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, though... I hope they show some taste and caution when they deploy the armor dyeing system—or ESO will turn into an eyeball-searing, neon-colored baggy pants farce. I still remember the hot pink suits of plate mail in GW2, or the guys who literally painted themselves out of the picture in WH with light-swallowing, non-glossy shades of black. Not good.
    Edited by lecarcajou_ESO on June 4, 2014 7:19PM
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see guild houses, and maybe personal houses. A place that you and your friends can hang out without running into strangers who want to mess with you. Guild houses are accessible to guild members only. If you make personal houses, others may enter at the owner's invitation.

QFE! Absolutely. And hopefully that type of stuff will be added with 'Update 3' ??? (cuz imho , the game certainly could use much more "sandbox" elements to it)

Plus, us Elder Scrolls vets of all the previous games had our own 'houses' continiously throughout the series. Why stop that feature now with ESO?! Doesn't make sense; particularly when so much of the game is already *instanced* anyway.

GeeYouWhy wrote: »
    How about that PvP dungeon (Imperial City)? It would add a lot more meaning to PvP.

QFE this too. I mean seriously it's baffling the central *heart* of Cyrodiil (The Imperial City , dragons, content, throne-room, etc. etc. = supposedly the very thing we're fighting for lol -- Not to mention used to promote the game itself for months prior to launch. ) still isn't implemented.

Why? When?

Inquiring mages would like to know.
    B)

• victor94villarrealb14_ESO
    Overall I really do love seeing where this game is going, but the one complaint I still have is the fact that your neck shows when wearing the face cover. I feel it should cover you neck rather than show it. To be honest It's the main reason I always have the hide helmet choice selected.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool updates, but for the love of god balance weapon and armor skill lines.

Please don't devalue crafting further with the special, hard to get items.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious about dungeons leveling to the group leader. Does this mean we could actually replay (grind) in dungeons and actually get loot and experience? Or does it simply mean that dungeons will auto level to the leader and that you can still only go through it once for rewards?

You might want to consider having the dungeons auto level to the highest leveled player in the group as opposed to the group leader.

As a side note, I've always disagreed with the concept of being over leveled. Lower level monsters give lower level loot and experience. That's the check and balance. 5 levels is too small a spread. How about over leveled if 20 levels above current creature?
    Edited by Giraffon on June 4, 2014 7:24PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, still not a single word about 90% of the skills that are NOT Light Armor or Staff...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite excited to see the new dying/coloring process you guys come up with. I've been thinking about this a bit. If you separate Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking coloring stations, you could have Dyes, Patinas and Stains, respectively.

Also, the field-of-view slider is a much needed addition. First person looks like it must be 60 degrees but would be more comfortable at 75 (on my big screen at least) Maybe I'll start playing in first person mode once that's added.

Object Interaction will also be a big plus, especially for those of us who are used to other Elder Scroll games, where nearly everything can be interacted with.

Default is 70 if I remember them saying right.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to see that they still don't understand that DKs aren't overpowered, rather that Magicka Furnace/Light Armor/Staff Magicka restore/regen is giving a class designed to be limited by Magicka too much Magicka. Non-LA/staff DKs are underpowered, if anything, and are going to be hit harder and harder due to misinformation and misunderstandings.

I was also sad to see no mention of the poor state of stamina/weapons/melee versus magicka/staves.

I'm worried about the "itemization" changes. Hopefully they won't leave crafting categorically worse than dropped items again

The dye system looks good, and I'm interested to see more about the veteran zone updates.
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    -We want more Clarity like other MMORPG.

-We want some FIX with the priority system of skills, light attack, interrupt/bash, swap of weapon, in my opinion. (Also the Lag is not friend of this mechanism)

-We want view BUFF and DEBUFF from default UI (With option ON or OFF for all type of players). We can't see all the beta and PrivateTestServer with buff/debuff opened and now closed because to most "Players" like to play random.

ZOS reply this last request, with the "power of the graphic effect", for example with the Fragment (Sorcer); my Hands is under light effect.

Now,Go into the Trials and stay stacked togheter with other 11 players in the same spot, and tell me how can i see my [snip] Hands with light effect..

Make a solid Game, we pay for this; not for questing all the time.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 4, 2014 8:32PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the armor dye system will please everyone who has been requesting it.

I am glad the group PVE people have new content. It is a pity that PVP players and solo PVE players once again are excluded from the new content - nothing in 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

I signed up for a six month subscription and I will stick with it; but there is nothing in this road ahead that makes me want to extend my sub past the six month mark, especially since ZOS seems determined to punish my class (DK) with nerfs in order to achieve balance when what they need to do is fix and buff the Nightblades and Templars.
  • Capadillo
    Capadillo
    Soul Shriven
    Still very frustrated with the loss of the Scourge campaign. I've found it hard to get back into PvP because of it. All the time and hard work sunk into this campaign, including the rewards, for nothing.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that it doesn't matter what they do to the VR system, as long as it remains grindy, I won't go near it, nor will those of my guild that haven't quit over it yet.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall I really do love seeing where this game is going, but the one complaint I still have is the fact that your neck shows when wearing the face cover. I feel it should cover you neck rather than show it. To be honest It's the main reason I always have the hide helmet choice selected.

How -do- you hide the helmet?
    I've been looking all over for that and can't find it anywhere.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Logan9a
    Logan9a
    ✭✭✭
    irre_greg wrote: »
    Curious about dungeons leveling to the group leader. Does this mean we could actually replay (grind) in dungeons and actually get loot and experience? Or does it simply mean that dungeons will auto level to the leader and that you can still only go through it once for rewards?

You might want to consider having the dungeons auto level to the highest leveled player in the group as opposed to the group leader.

As a side note, I've always disagreed with the concept of being over leveled. Lower level monsters give lower level loot and experience. That's the check and balance. 5 levels is too small a spread. How about over leveled if 20 levels above current creature?

There was some MMO I played (don't remember which) that had 'mentoring'. You could set your level down and thus be able to adventure with your buddies. It scaled you back though you were a fairly powerful lower level guy. In MMO's it is important to be able to adventure with your buddies and that is one of the weaknesses of this game. If you've already completed a quest and brought peace to the area, you are not even able to see the monsters and help your buddy on the quest.

Rather than scaling up the dungeons, I'd rather be able to scale down my character.

• xillix666
    xillix666
    ✭✭
    I play a DK and I can barely survive in the veteran zones, we have no dps, and are meant to be the front liners and tanks above other classes. As for nerfs, you should be nerfing sorcs and vampires, 85% of the players are vamps, which is not balanced, spamming the same skill over and over again, and sorcs can 2 shot any mob in pve not to mention their overpowered ability to blink out in pvp.

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenthel wrote: »
    Sadly, still not a single word about 90% of the skills that are NOT Light Armor or Staff...

Yeah, I read that and was suddenly very concerned that the Devs were struck with the same Class-based tunnel vision as the bulk of the forums.

The balance issues aren't so much with the classes as they are with Weapon and Armor skills.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Justiciar
    Justiciar
    ✭✭✭
    Though 1.2 doesn't excite me other then commanding the sorcerer pets I am definitely looking forward to 1.3 and enjoy the game and will continue to subscribe for the foreseeable future. Love the frequent updates
    Conquest, Victory, Profit
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing about the Imperial City and more content for Cyrodiil :(
  • Justiciar
    Justiciar
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a PvP update as well come to think of it.
    Conquest, Victory, Profit
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been the least viable class since launch. Not even a mention?

If I hadn't unsubbed already, I would now.