The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

21/395 guild members online on Saturday. You're sinking ESO.

• Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    So, since ya'll have the bestestest guilds in ESO and they're all flurishing w/ ppl, what about Cyrodiil? I've not seen the Cyrodiil population capped in days. I used to be capped several times per day.

Cyrodiil has been having some lag issues. A lot of the people I know that are very into the PvP side of things haven't quit the game, but are holding off on PvP until issues are fixed. That's just my experience. Mileage may vary.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, since ya'll have the bestestest guilds in ESO and they're all flurishing w/ ppl, what about Cyrodiil? I've not seen the Cyrodiil population capped in days. I used to be capped several times per day.

A content update did just come out so a lot of people are trying out Craglorn? I've noticed the VR areas are a little less populated since Craglorn dropped and assume that's where most of the VR players are. I've also noticed that EP people are using Riften as their home base for buying and selling in /zone. That place was bumping last night and not just with on-level players. Lots of VRs hanging in Riften too.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is almost JUNE guys. People are going out.

Summer is upon us. In 2 weeks time we have World Cup on Football until July 13. Are you still going to QQ of the numbers, because people watch the games?

I know for one I will do so, so most of my mates that are in the guild also.

And we have lives.
    Options
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Games always have churn. But there's also very strong feedback in guilds, both positive and negative. If your guild starts getting inactive, the social people leave. VIf its active it draws in active people. And if a guild has poor recruitment practices they collect uncommitted players.

FYI, from general trends in thing like Steam stats for other games, I'd expect about 40% retention after the first couple of months. So there is a drop, but that is completely normal
    Options
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt it Graduation party night for college yesterday? Ironically i remember most mmo being more populated on week night than the weekend morning.
    Options
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    Don't look at the number of people logged in right now. Instead look at the number of people who haven't logged in for more than a week. If these are to many then it is either your guild is not doing well or the game is loosing subscribers. Also mind your time zone. I live in Europe but play in North American server (all servers are in US, i know). So when it is night for me, its early for US and naturally guilds are not at their peek.
    Anyway no need to panic. Its natural for an MMO to loose subscribers after its first month and probably even more now that another very highly expected MMO just launched... I bet that many will come back though because this game has a solid good core and it gets better day after day.
    Also i am willing to bet that there is no way for it to go free to play before it hits consoles. They will wait until then to see how it sells there. So worst case scenario for me is at least a year to go for subscription model.
    Options
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    13/495
    18/158
    Options
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    @bg22 I don't really care of your lack of having a populated guild

Funny you care enough to respond though :smiley:
    Options
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday maintenance!!!! WTF!!!!

I am going to eat ALL THE CHICKEN!!!!
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's more like this.

Someone made a guild and spammed zone chat to recruit as many members as they could during the first month of gameplay. Lots of people who wanted to get into a guild signed up, a month later they realised this game wasn't for them and left.
    Now that guild has has fallen on hard times because recruitment wasn't kept up, there was no community or active work to make sure members had content.

Well my guild is predominantly made up of people I have been playing with for years.

In fact it is the people who I have recruited since launch who are sticking around.

I'm glad that this isn't happening to all guilds which is clear from this thread.

I am not doomsaying, I really like this game and will keep playing it, and in fact on many forum posts I am always supporting the game.

I am just reporting on this forum what has happened in my own guild that people have drifted which is in line with the OP.

However I think that it is a bit rich for people to come on here with superior passive aggresive comments about how if this is what people are experiencing they somehow have an inferior guild, or are doomsaying etc. and in the same turn are accusing people of doing what they are actually doing themselves, which is being rude.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

And? I don't understand why you are always starting these doom and gloom threads. What's the point? What the utility? Flame baiting? Because I can't see any other

No he/she is merely making an observation, and a correct one, and not making any assumptions or trolling. In fact it is you that are flame baiting, what in fact have you added to the discussion? Have you seen a healthy population in cyrodil? are your guilds doing well? That would actually be useful information.

Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Summer is upon us. In 2 weeks time we have World Cup on Football until July 13. Are you still going to QQ of the numbers, because people watch the games?

And we have lives.

That's a good point, in my last mmo summer was always down-time, we stopped raiding and just pvp'd for a month or two with things picking up in the fall.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

And? I don't understand why you are always starting these doom and gloom threads. What's the point? What the utility? Flame baiting? Because I can't see any other

No he/she is merely making an observation, and a correct one, and not making any assumptions or trolling. In fact it is you that are flame baiting, what in fact have you added to the discussion? Have you seen a healthy population in cyrodil? are your guilds doing well? That would actually be useful information.

Thank you.

That's all I'm saying.

I love this game, and I want it to succeed just as much as anyone else, but I'm simply making an observation. I've stood up for this game for months now, but it's time to take off the rose colored lenses. All is not well.

I'm not doom and gloom, I'm just saying, it's not looking to healthy at the moment...
    Edited by bg22 on May 31, 2014 6:55PM
    Options
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭

And we have lives.

That's a good point, in my last mmo summer was always down-time, we stopped raiding and just pvp'd for a month or two with things picking up in the fall.

Summer? "closes pc monitor, looks out from window" oh my... i need to arrange some vacation... lets see... Glenubra looks good :s
    Options
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    -I'm seeing a LOT of players fade away.
    -A lot needs to change.
    -I'm not even going to go over all of my opinions of what I think needs to change.

There isn't even a reason to come here and post. None of my suggestions will ever be met. Others will have to wait forever to get what they want, and pay in the meantime.

Not only was the game poorly designed, but it was built on cardboard servers.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -I'm seeing a LOT of players fade away.
    -A lot needs to change.
    -I'm not even going to go over all of my opinions of what I think needs to change.

There isn't even a reason to come here and post. None of my suggestions will ever be met. Others will have to wait forever to get what they want, and pay in the meantime.

Not only was the game poorly designed, but it was built on cardboard servers.

can you expand on "poorly designed" and why this is making people leave? Can you let us know your "suggestions" that would be a useful post. thanks

Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like all those that wanted another single player in the ES line may be getting their wish.

Sadly.

I think it is the opposite, i feel the single player community left due to they couldn't handle the new ES game being an MMO instead of the next skyrim, mod any way, do what you want with it. I've seen people complain about why ESO's graphics arent near as good as skyrims, and they have no understanding of why.

I don't think were losing subs from the MMO community so much, but i do feel were losing subs from the single player community who expected more than they should have. to that i say is a good thing, as it clears out the weenies.
    Edited by Reignskream on May 31, 2014 7:31PM
    Options
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hehe this is nothing compared to ign DaoC forums.... straight up cyber bullying
    Options
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's taking their time to get to vet levels there is absolutely no rush. All the speed racers have burnt out and have gone off to wildstar to race again.
    Options
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadria wrote: »
    Everyone's taking their time to get to vet levels there is absolutely no rush. All the speed racers have burnt out and have gone off to wildstar to race again.

Yup. I started 5 day early access along with participating in the 3 or 4 megaserver beta tests they had, & I'm still only level 37. Now i wasn't in the private beta, otherwise I probably would have rushed through the game quicker. I can absolutely understand those hardcore gamers who have already played through it all practically in private beta to want to rush to end game content. But it's not ZOS's problem they're alone in the VR areas. :/

ESO i believe in about another month will have Veteran content soaring with people. & well, if all else fails....warlords of draenor comes out in December (lol), all kidding aside, I'll be with ESO for quite awhile. Sadly, ESO i don't think is strong enough to hold me from going back to WoW, so I'll probably be paying for 2 subs here in a few months as i love em both. -.-
    Edited by Reignskream on May 31, 2014 8:29PM
    Options
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Same sad song here. It changed with Craglorn..
    We went from 30/125 to 8/125 over the last week.

My guildmembers primary complaints:
    1. They were just getting into and in the middle of VR, and then the goal to endgame got moved futher away. The extra levels spread the guild more thin on lvl difference.
    2. Impossible to group properly when you are not on exactly same quest steps.
    3. *** up with skill delays and boosted mobs
    4. They were already dying of boredom with 200% too many boring quests. Dont get me wrong. The writing and story is outstanding - for the first 50 levels. After that, it's just more and more of the same, and gets old, and like a cementblock on the feet.

Players want a challenge in content and skills, not in neverending stories. They want to get to max lvl, and then try real raid challenges. The trials are great, just a piety we loose 75% of the members getting there.
    Options
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    Eh...I know lots of people that refuse to play until the game is fixed, so I won't call it dead for at least another year. Hopefully ZoS gets their *** together by then.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
    Options
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my guild some haven't been on for quite sometime and the reason for that is not the game. It is because we have the older crowd (30s, 40s, 50+) who have a family, a job and some are active military.
    Options
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the WildStar launch has nothing at all to do with it. /sarcasm

A few people in my guild have been on about it incessantly for weeks. Those same people have been mysteriously absent nearly every WS beta weekend event and haven't been online since WS early access kicked off.

Not saying ESO numbers weren't dwindling prior, but with the launch of the "next big thing" you're bound to see more people vanish at once.

Hmmm, play broken Templar or NB, re-roll OP Sorc or DK; or check out WildStar?

I don't blame people for bailing!

Hell I've been grinding Battlefield Phantom Trainee Pistol kills waiting for fix to Templar. And we all know Zenimax's response to that fiasco is ridiculous.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same sad song here. It changed with Craglorn..
    We went from 30/125 to 8/125 over the last week.

My guildmembers primary complaints:
    1. They were just getting into and in the middle of VR, and then the goal to endgame got moved futher away. The extra levels spread the guild more thin on lvl difference.
    2. Impossible to group properly when you are not on exactly same quest steps.
    3. *** up with skill delays and boosted mobs
    4. They were already dying of boredom with 200% too many boring quests. Dont get me wrong. The writing and story is outstanding - for the first 50 levels. After that, it's just more and more of the same, and gets old, and like a cementblock on the feet.

Players want a challenge in content and skills, not in neverending stories. They want to get to max lvl, and then try real raid challenges. The trials are great, just a piety we loose 75% of the members getting there.

This ^^

Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Eris

It's 11:20 here, bud.

I forgot timezones didn't exist.
    Options