The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any plans to prevent NPC Werewolf/Vampire slaughter by those who already have skill/disease?

• Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    The OP has a terrific idea! /Feedback that one, everybody!
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's why the OP won't work - the vamp/wolf players would just level up a non-vamp/wolf character to grief the site.

I'd heard there was a de facto Dawnguard forming to go out and kill the weres and vamps. I didn't realize it would be the vamps and wolves themselves! Rather sneaky. But there are other ways to fix this - maybe once or twice a reallife month, Zenimax could have a Blood Moon event where there are tons of wolf and vamp spawn sites in one of the higher level areas, too many to effectively grief. People who want the skill set can find a bite, people who want to wage war against the evil can have a field day, and the bite sellers can still be reliable sources of the infection the rest of the month.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    From pvp side: I really feel myself outta flow with all this "Twi***ght" obsession, the only thing i liked about vamps is escape smoke pod, which isn't helping most of them, and about werewolfs, lol, just leave them be.
    p/s/ And most of all, why make this so much of a deal? Just go there and camp them yourself!
    Edited by nez on April 19, 2014 4:57PM
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing your own "kind" should make the other werewolves/vampires pissed and instakill you with some uber kick ass rage thingy, take all your xp earned the last 24 hours and inability to log in for the next 24 hours. :trollface:

Kind of drastic, but at least something, wouldnt be so weird if killing your own kind would result in some sort of punishment. If you kill your own kind, you cant spread the disease for 24 hours maybe? Because working against your own nature has temporarily cured you of the disease, or something..
    Edited by Phantorang on April 19, 2014 7:39PM
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give it a couple months the fad of selling bites for silly amounts of gold will wear off. Soon enough every guild will be able to give their people bites for free
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    I think its pretty crappy that people are trying to abuse this system in game. I also think people who offer to pay 40k etc for an infection are only making the problem worse.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    nez wrote: »
    From pvp side: I really feel myself outta flow with all this "Twi***ght" obsession, the only thing i liked about vamps is escape smoke pod, which isn't helping most of them, and about werewolfs, lol, just leave them be.
    p/s/ And most of all, why make this so much of a deal? Just go there and camp them yourself!

Twilight obsession? The Elder Scrolls series has featured vampires and werewolves for many years-- and if I recall correctly, if you became a vampire in Morrowind, your character faced permadeath. I don't remember being able to cure either one; once a werewolf, always a werewolf. A cure came later, I think in Oblivion. But I played those right when they came out, so it's been a number of years now; I could be wrong.
    Edited by Thesiren on April 21, 2014 7:34PM
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax forgot the number one law of MMO design: If there is any way possible for MMO players to be *** to other players, they will be.

The way to become a vampire or werewolf should have been done pretty much the same way it was in Skyrim: as part of a quest, where when you get to one point, you choose to join the monsters or to fight them (not so much werewolves, but the Dawnguard expansion worked that way). They could have put that part of the quest in a solo instance, to keep other players from griefing it.

As far as vampirism/lycanthopy being rare? That's not going to happen, any more than Jedi or Sith were rare in SWTOR. It's an MMO, you're not special, get over yourself. NOTHING is truly rare or special in a game with hundreds of thousands to millions of players.

By the way, I have no stake in this, as I have no interest at all in joining either team Jacob or team Whatever.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    At lvl 12 I camped them for a bite, they spawn in several places, you just gotta get lucky and be at the right spot at the right time.
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Twilight obsession. I think only people who have Twilight obsession are those that keep saying everyone else does.

I've been into vampires, since I was 8. That was back in 1984...WELL BEFORE TWILIGHT. How about Lost Boys? lol not even that. I just like whole Vampire/Werewolf mythos.

All Twilight did was give fuel to people who want to mock other people that like vampires. Trust me when I say, most true Vamp fans also hate Twilight.
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this idea and hope they don't change the system.

Don't whine about not finding an NCP because you want to be a vampire/werewolf, go find one. I find it pathetic that you would even consider making this a topic. The point of them being world wide is so that they are
    A. hard to find and therefore rare for those who have the skill line. Letting anyone find it in the world at any time removes the purpose of having the skill to bite another player every 7 days.
    B. you made the choice to want to be a vampire/werewolf after a few years of development and them telling you they would be "hard to find". Take the time to play the game for more than a week and actually PLAY. I find it hard to believe it's fun when things are given to you. I for one like to earn things, and find it distasteful for a game company to give away what I took time to search out.

That being said, I kill every Werewolf/Vampire I see unless someone is next to me and asks me to stop. It's up to you whether you want to pay to become a vampire/werewolf, but just to let you know, I've found a bunch already.
    (I would like to point out I do not "hunt" for the rare spawn NPC's, but if I see one, I kill it, as I would like to think the game wants me to do.)

Make players who are vampires / werewolves pvpable, they should be treated no differently than the mobs. In town, in the middle of maps, in my kitchen. If this is the stance people take, I should be able to rid them off the map just like the mobs. That should even the playing scale.

Players who are "monsters" should be treated as such.

Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    roflcopter wrote: »
    I hate this idea and hope they don't change the system.

Don't whine about not finding an NCP because you want to be a vampire/werewolf, go find one. I find it pathetic that you would even consider making this a topic. The point of them being world wide is so that they are
    A. hard to find and therefore rare for those who have the skill line. Letting anyone find it in the world at any time removes the purpose of having the skill to bite another player every 7 days.
    B. you made the choice to want to be a vampire/werewolf after a few years of development and them telling you they would be "hard to find". Take the time to play the game for more than a week and actually PLAY. I find it hard to believe it's fun when things are given to you. I for one like to earn things, and find it distasteful for a game company to give away what I took time to search out.

That being said, I kill every Werewolf/Vampire I see unless someone is next to me and asks me to stop. It's up to you whether you want to pay to become a vampire/werewolf, but just to let you know, I've found a bunch already.
    (I would like to point out I do not "hunt" for the rare spawn NPC's, but if I see one, I kill it, as I would like to think the game wants me to do.)

Make players who are vampires / werewolves pvpable, they should be treated no differently than the mobs. In town, in the middle of maps, in my kitchen. If this is the stance people take, I should be able to rid them off the map just like the mobs. That should even the playing scale.

Neat idea, killing a bloodfiend as a Vampire flags you as pvpable to your own alliance for 24 hours.

As a vampire, I approve.
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    Give it a couple months the fad of selling bites for silly amounts of gold will wear off. Soon enough every guild will be able to give their people bites for free
    far faster, an limited number of players are willing to pay 10k, then they run out its no gold in camping. On the other hand more are able to bite

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    far faster, an limited number of players are willing to pay 10k, then they run out its no gold in camping. On the other hand more are able to bite

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone that is already a werewolf should not be able to attack werewolves. It should be changed to be a friendly target, except for those on another faction or if needed for a quest.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have asked a question and not yet accepted an answer I will provide one: first there are no plans to modify the game with respect to how existing characters (with or without the WW or Vampire affliction) interact with in game Vampires, Bloodfiends, Thralls, and Werewolfs.

Secondly; the suggestion that spawn points are being camped by players with the skill line, ostensibly to scam users wanting it is pure speculation. Many spawn points are near Vampire/Werewolf shrines needed to give the trait to those who don't have it using the passive skill; hence the presence of those with the skill line nearby. Further, yes, people have been and will be scammed; this has happened to me. I should have been more careful; but it did not happen because of a broad scheme by a clan/Guild.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if it was the botters doing this to keep selling bites at high prices, i wouldnt put it past them cashing in on this too.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No. Absolutely not. Not all of us care for PvP. Not all vampire players are the same. Some of us like it for the roleplay aspect. We don't want to be ganked every few minutes. I've always played vampire characters in the Elder Scrolls games and I'm enjoying playing one in this game as well. I give my bite for free because my character LIKES making more vampires! I've even made a few new friends through my vampirism.

I don't interfere with anyone else's enjoyment of this game. I certainly don't want people interfering with mine.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Manus
    Manus
    ✭✭
    This is a little off topic, however talking about not attacking/being unable to attack. I found it odd to be attacked by wolves as a werewolf. I also like to level my WW skills on them lol
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

No. Absolutely not. Not all of us care for PvP. Not all vampire players are the same. Some of us like it for the roleplay aspect. We don't want to be ganked every few minutes. I've always played vampire characters in the Elder Scrolls games and I'm enjoying playing one in this game as well. I give my bite for free because my character LIKES making more vampires! I've even made a few new friends through my vampirism.

I don't interfere with anyone else's enjoyment of this game. I certainly don't want people interfering with mine.

Well role players are no different than vamps and werewolves in my eyes... they all need to be killed
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on May 26, 2014 5:20PM