Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scourge Campaign

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Those of you who participated in the Scourge campaign have likely noticed that it is no longer available following our deployment of Update 1.1.2 today. During the maintenance, we added a new campaign with a 2-week duration. In light of this new campaign, we intended to close Scourge—but not quite so soon. An error in our update process ended the campaign prematurely on the North American megaserver and before we could give you adequate warning.

We know that Scourge players were invested in their battles in Cyrodiil, and we’re reaching out to the campaign’s emperors to ensure their accomplishments are preserved. If you played in Scourge, you’ll retain your Alliance Rank and Points and can transfer to any other campaign. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Bulby37
    Bulby37
    Soul Shriven
    So we should not reset our campaign just yet? Will we be given the rewards the same as the other campaigns upon the end? Will we be given back our keeps? So many questions!
    Edited by Bulby37 on May 23, 2014 12:55AM
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I can't believe this happened I have been grinding points on there for a while
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to Celarus and my points have not transfered
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    I imagine it will be a few days before points transfer.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched to Celarus and my points have not transfered

They shouldn't. Your previous server was a 3 month one. That is 2 week. If they let transfers onto that campaign it would already be over...
    Indeed it is so...
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should give us the end of campaign rewards for where the campaign was at when you closed it. It was almost 2/3 and i think the millions of points some people earn deserve to be rewarded. I was in the top 20 and doubt i will be able to make it into the top 20 in any other campaign with 30 days left. I think all the players put a ton of effort in this campaign even if it was small and deserve to b rewarded.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...you know what would be EPIX?

EU one closes too:)
    Indeed it is so...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got no rewards and i was quite high on emp list. i believe i was #6 inline for emp
    yet i got no rewards, nothing ...
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got no rewards and i was quite high on emp list. i believe i was #6 inline for emp
    yet i got no rewards, nothing ...
    Feel like that could always be changed though. Im sure they have records of the campaign standings.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    The reason for the premature closing of scourge is because GoS/EG ran out of people to slaughter, so we started a siege on the campaign itself.
    And following previous results we actually won, and the campaign rage quit like the former AD emperor.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    i transferred to wabbajack, when do my points transfer?
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of you who participated in the Scourge campaign have likely noticed that it is no longer available following our deployment of Update 1.1.2 today. During the maintenance, we added a new campaign with a 2-week duration. In light of this new campaign, we intended to close Scourge—but not quite so soon. An error in our update process ended the campaign prematurely on the North American megaserver and before we could give you adequate warning.

We know that Scourge players were invested in their battles in Cyrodiil, and we’re reaching out to the campaign’s emperors to ensure their accomplishments are preserved. If you played in Scourge, you’ll retain your Alliance Rank and Points and can transfer to any other campaign. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry but this explanation is falling short and I'm certain you can connect the dots to the root cause of our frustration... A lot of us have spent hours on this campaign since day 1 and will have nothing to show for it come near the end of the campaign cycle next month. What's your plan? Just transferring over the alliance points won't necessarily work because our campaign was about 2-3 consistent guilds fighting each other so our AP will be vastly smaller. There will be almost no way for us to reach top 20 status again within 30 days on the other campaigns where they have multi-millions of AP accrued. Will this be a regular thing where ZOS just decides to erase the progress and achievements of the players?

The fun was awesome while we were doing it but this is not a single player game. Achievements actually matter and rankings matter. Please figure out a solution that is appropriate to the massive problem that your error created.

Love the game and for the most part it's been absolutely fantastic. With that said I hate the business process issues that are occurring though.

Hint: A fantastic solution would be something as simple as a unique title give to those affected. One that shows we survived this mistake. :) I could be alone on that one though.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    i just want my points and it's cool
  • Superbeast
    Superbeast
    Soul Shriven
    I'm 99% sure with "keeping Alliance Points" Mrs. Folsom doesn't mean our Leaderboard Points carry over to a new campaign, i think she is talking about we keep our Alliance Point currency (which isn't even noteworthy, because those don't interact with a campaign anyway.). Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure with "keeping Alliance Points" Mrs. Folsom doesn't mean our Leaderboard Points carry over to a new campaign, i think she is talking about we keep our Alliance Point currency (which isn't even noteworthy, because those don't interact with a campaign anyway.). Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

I feel extremely bad for you super. Top on leader boards with legit gameplay (no exploits or cheese) and it's all gone.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    I do admit, it is a pity I spent all my AP right before server down, so if that is what we keep... I mean 15k AP is insignificant, and I mean 5 minutes of play time.

I understand where ZoS is coming from with this move. But some of us were well on our way up the ranks, invested a lot of time.
    Some of us spent a lot of energy helping to try and get somebody else emperor.

So, yeah something a little more shiny to show for it would be great.

Also unrelated @superbeast After the most recent patch are you still Superbeast? or just Beast?
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »
    The reason for the premature closing of scourge is because GoS/EG ran out of people to slaughter, so we started a siege on the campaign itself.
    And following previous results we actually won, and the campaign rage quit like the former AD emperor.
    HAHA yeah him getting a job was rage quit. he actually left before he even lost emperor. But yes you guys pulled in 1k people where we had 50 so good job on beating us 20:1. Also forgot to mention how awesome you guys were at night capping emp back as well. Glad we never have to deal with you guys again. absolutely no honor
    Edited by asneakybanana on May 23, 2014 6:49AM
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA yeah him getting a job was rage quit. he actually left before he even lost emperor. But yes you guys pulled in 1k people where we had 50 so good job on beating us 20:1. Also forgot to mention how awesome you guys were at night capping emp back as well. Glad we never have to deal with you guys again. absolutely no honor

We never even had more than 100 people.
    And some of us live in other countries, so night capping is a bit of a stretch, since it was day time for me when we did it.
    And you never know, might come and find you guys just to keep at it.

Also having a job and playing a game go hand in hand.
  • sParkSnare
    sParkSnare
    ✭✭✭
    I'm extraordinarily disappointed with this development. Like others on both sides of the aisle, I put a lot of effort into the battle in Scourge of good (AD) and evil (EP). :smiley:
    Although not a full time PvP player, I was proud of my guild's achievements and of the fact I was in the top 25 - 35 as a lower level VR character. Bugs and quest blockers are frustrating, but a campaign shutting down prematurely (even if by mistake) makes me question whether investing any time/energy in Cyrodiil is a wise decision until ZOS determines how many/which campaigns will be around long-term.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »

We never even had more than 100 people.
    And some of us live in other countries, so night capping is a bit of a stretch, since it was day time for me when we did it.
    And you never know, might come and find you guys just to keep at it.

Also having a job and playing a game go hand in hand.

A hundred players maximum in your faction. How many bars did that represent on the Alliance Wars screen?
  • Superbeast
    Superbeast
    Soul Shriven
    @Avidus Since the pms are still deactivated, ill post it here. My ingame handle is @Superbeasty, but i heard they disabled crossfaction talk if you arent on each others friendlist, don't know if thats a rumor.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    @Avidus Since the pms are still deactivated, ill post it here. My ingame handle is @Superbeasty, but i heard they disabled crossfaction talk if you arent on each others friendlist, don't know if thats a rumor.

I actually meant that they nerfed some of your core skills, so are you still super? or maybe RegularBeast? AverageBeast?
  • brian.blackstonenub18_ESO
    I wasn't on Scourge, but this is ***. Zenimax, why would you even consider closing a campaign in progress like this? If you absolutely had to close it, you should have waited until the campaign ended. I come up empty when I try to think of a reason for this. What the hell?
  • LordNoah1234
    LordNoah1234
    Soul Shriven
    This is a good step towards reducing the number of campaigns.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    so we lost all our work if we can't transfer our score. i might give a small *** about this zenimax.
  • dba.2000_ESO
    dba.2000_ESO
    ✭✭
    In a just world, the Alliance War Campaign that would have been removed would have been the one with the highest Concentration of Exploiters. Apparently it made more sense to *** all over a group of players who quietly enjoyed themselves with little to no bitching.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    In a just world, the Alliance War Campaign that would have been removed would have been the one with the highest Concentration of Exploiters. Apparently it made more sense to *** all over a group of players who quietly enjoyed themselves with little to no bitching.

Here is your answer
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That server was barely populated anyway. Your gonna get your alliance points just may take some time. More complaints, everyone wants answers they feel they are privied to. Mistakes happen.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That server was barely populated anyway. Your gonna get your alliance points just may take some time. More complaints, everyone wants answers they feel they are privied to. Mistakes happen.

I'm pretty certain that you still aren't following what ZOS' solution to this was... The solution that they acted upon is to simply let us keep the AP that is in our currency roll (You buy siege etc with it.) and that nothing will transfer to other leaderboards.

At this point, we are all just Dwemer. We were here one day and gone the next.

Come on ZOS.
  • PetitPangolin
    PetitPangolin
    Soul Shriven
    Hello Zenimax.

I'm from Égide, a French PvP guild which used to play on the European Scourge campaign. We posted and asked a few questions on various issues several times on the French part of the forum but since the only answer we ever had was the delete or censorship of our posts I'll try to post it here. I hope to have a more respectuous answer.

Here are the facts:

-We played on Scourge from day 1 until it got deleted without any warning.

-We have been fighting fiercely against more numerous alliances and bug using guilds to finally manage to put the Covenant at the first place the very same day the 1.1.2 patch was released.

-When our campaign was deleted the Emperor was one of our guild mates (@Oduseus), his reign was then lasting for 13 days if I remember correctly.

-More than 10 of our players were in the campaign's leaderoard top 20, including the top 3 in overall ranking (@Oduseus, @Heybeline, @Geroh).

Due to this new hegemony and the poor success the game had (and I believe the lack off answer to players is linked to this failure) the campaign got emptier day after day but we decided not to migrate and stay on Scourge until the campaign finished because we thought we would get rewards like any other players.

So we started playing on Wabbajack when there was no action on Scourge. We made there around twice more points we ever got on Scourge due to the biggest amount of players. Of course since we played there as "guests" this points were never recorded.

Here is the problem:

Because of your mistake, we are supposed to start fresh on a new campaign, seeing all of our accomplishment ruined. The points transfer is far from being enough since it will not allow us to reach the top of any other campaign like we did on Scourge. All the point we have done on "guest" campaign and have never been recorded are turned to a massive waste of time. My friend isn't the emperor of anything anymore despite the hundred of hours he spent fighting on Scourge to get to this ranking.

We believe it would be fair that, since you ended the campaign prematurely, you give us the rewards we deserve and not just tell us "**** you and go play elsewhere". Since the campaign only lasted 2/3 of the planned time you might only give us 2/3 of the rewards, whatever they are. I guess that would be better than nothing.

You have to understand how much frustrating it is for us to have been playing HUNDRED of hours for NOTHING. It was difficult enough to stick to the game despite all the bugs, all the cheats and abuses we reported in game, on forums, with screenshots and videos and which led to nothing, no sanctions, no answer, no fix.
    The game wasn't as successful as planned and things are only getting worse. Understand that we all feel revolted now that, while we were expecting improvements with this new patch we discover that we are once again totally mocked. You also should understand that many of our core players already left the game because they were disguted by this attitude and the lack of answer. The remaining ones are waiting for, at least, a sign of good will. I can't imagine they stay much longer if things aren't going any better.

If you don't do an effort to listen to players and show us a bit of respect from time to time I'm affraid you'll have to close 6 or 7 more campaigns before the 1.2 patch, since they'll be even emptier.
    Edited by PetitPangolin on May 24, 2014 12:15PM