The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scourge Campaign

• Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really *** up that they would do this. I feel for you guys, I'd be irate if they did this to my home campaign of Chrysamere (DON'T GET ANY IDEAS ZOS), which sounds a lot like the small, personable campaign you guys had.
  • Nefar
    Nefar
    ✭✭
    I'll take a month credit for my inconvenience.
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    Really *** up that they would do this. I feel for you guys, I'd be irate if they did this to my home campaign of Chrysamere (DON'T GET ANY IDEAS ZOS), which sounds a lot like the small, personable campaign you guys had.

Yeah, no kidding! I'm perfectly fine having the drawbacks of a smaller campaign because the benefits are great. I can't imagine logging in and my campaign has just vanished. Best of luck to you, guys!

Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I gotta say I misunderstood what they were doing in terms of our points.
    Basically they deleted our campaign and said, well you don't have to pay to change your home campaign.
    Well, it would suck if we had to pay to transfer from a deleted server.

They didn't actually compensate us a single thing.
    Please ZoS understand that we worked really hard and you have just deleted our progress.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    The arrogance from Zenimax is complete. They should simply have restored the campaign.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    transfer the scores or give us the rewards. i can't see any other way to please us.
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    there is another way : re-enable it as it was before the patch with scores and all (might be complicated for those having already chosen a new Home campaign ; I'm waiting before doing so though, because of that possibility)
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yeah just re-enable it and allow us to go there with the points we had....
  • Hanumeya
    Hanumeya
    Soul Shriven
    PetitPangolin
    Don't lie to yourself. You came to the empty company. I was on the Scourge since ESO beginning and saw only few battle.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanumeya wrote: »
    PetitPangolin
    Don't lie to yourself. You came to the empty company. I was on the Scourge since ESO beginning and saw only few battle.

He/she might have been on the other region's Scourge campaign. Just sayin'. NA wasn't empty at all but it certainly wasn't Auriel's bow where zergs of 100+ are running around.
  • feartheswansb14_ESO
    feartheswansb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously, just because you didn't see to much during the day doesn't mean it wasn't active at night. It was quite active at night on the NA server. Yeah it wasn't the massively huge servers that are crammed full and no one can join they are so full, but that just made it feel more personal when we lost a castle or a scroll.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    now i've played 2 days on wabbajack and i got to like rank 950. but there is no freakin way i'll get to top10 in less tahn a month with all the other people having 2 month headstart.
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    I am well into my way of the top 100 on my new campaign, but id like my point from the last campaign, then id be where I should be.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...well this is what you guys get for complaing you wanted a new short duration campagin. Where do you think they were gonna get the server space from?...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on May 25, 2014 5:56AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Will it get re-opened? will we rip the benefice of a regular end of campaign at least? please communicate, this warrants as much attention as memory leaks/difficulty bugs !
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    ...well this is what you guys get for complaing you wanted a new short duration campagin. Where do you think they were gonna get the server space from?...

We the players of scourge did not ask for this...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Could you please communicate with us regarding our losses and potential compensation for the hours we put in? I Don't want to sound like I am raging, but we battled for days on end, quite literally without sleeping to achieve the results we got.
    And from what we have been informed we get to keep our AP? So basically we just don't have to pay for a home campaign transfer?
    Because the alternative would be to make us pay to set a home campaign to start with.

I would also like to know if we are rewarded or compensated for, who falls into this bracket?
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Especially, if some rewards are to be handed out (like doing a real end of campaign), is it safe to set a new Home campaign meanwhile?
  • ChicoRob
    ChicoRob
    Soul Shriven
    I seem to recall that the justification for the exorbitant subscription fee was to be sure to provide good customer support, ongoing fixes to the game, and ongoing development. So far the only consistency I have seen from Zenimax is in providing little to no customer support, fixes that don't fix, and new content that is universally disappointing. Zenimax literally ignores nearly all requests for help and for answers. It feels like there are only a handful of people working on this project, and they all just refuse to do the boring parts of the job like respond to requests for help and fix problems that aren't easily fixed. The answers they provide are never satisfactory. The bot infestations are pervasive and continuous. Zenimax is trying to nickel and dime us, the customers, and it is really showing. They either need to hire more people, a number sufficient to keep up with the workload, or they need to hire different people who are not utterly incompetent. It's almost as if Zenimax operates like a branch of the United States government: everything they say is B.S., and everything they actually do ends up doing more harm than good. Elder Scrolls games are literally the only video games I play, and I'm already on the verge of giving up on gaming for another couple years. I certainly don't want to pay a subscription fee to play a game that doesn't work, and I want even less to pay money to a company that lacks the respect for its customer base to even answer legitimate questions when the company knows that it screwed those customers over.
  • pq.ivanb16_ESO
    And if I want to play PVP and I´ve not home server? ...

When we will know if we are transfer to another server or must to select by ourselves?
  • Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin
    3:14PM Staff Post
    Hridh wrote: »
    What about players who lost their Home campaign Scourge, on both US and EU megaservers, with the closing too early by error? Will the campaign be re-opened? Or will be get a proper campaign closing with the rewards we worked for over many weeks?

Those campaigns are not re-opening, no. We know it isn't ideal, but we recommend those who were playing in Scourge (or the European equivalent) hop into a new campaign.

Guess this is their final word on it and it really sucks!!
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Is it actually not possible to give us a time-proportionate end of campaign rewards as per leaderboards by time of closing Scourge?

It was said this was done "by error". So, please, try to make good for your error by giving us what we rightfully invested time into. Stuff happens, ok ; what counts is how you can manage the situation afterwards.

And I think nobody could claim it unfair to just hand out the campaign rewards, and thus treat it is as end-forever of the campaign, not randomly having gone all Dwemer on it (although a special title, like Dwemer of Scourge, would fit nicely, *hint*)
  • Tanthul
    Tanthul
    ✭✭
    This situation is entirely bad. We have someone who decided to recycle Scourge to the new low duration campaign, without any course of action set in regards to the players that had been actually living there.

All announcements regarding this situation are unfortunately just PR spin and have little relation with the truth.

This particular post is mentioning that we would keep our "Alliance points and rank" when we moved to another campaign. This is the epitome of a PR spin. To further elaborate:

a) Playing on the semantics of the words "Alliance Points". We all thought your announcement meant that we were supposed to transfer our existing alliance points. Apparently according to mail correspondence between my guild members and customer support your announcement means "Alliance Points CURRENCY". Something that no player loses anyhow as it is a currency that is not tied to any campaign and it is irrelevant to which campaign you have set as home. This is like telling us that we will keep our gold. Of course we will. Why would we lose currency? The only reason that was said in the first place was to provide a cushion against a possible angry mob.I say this is an insult to our intelligence. We are frustrated. We are VERY frustrated.

b) Scourge campaign was not removed because of low activity. That was not the case and you should stop trying to present it as such. There is 1 campaign on the EU side that has less activity than Scourge had and 1 that has FAR less activity than Scourge had (Scourge had only dropped in activity the last week because we were preparing for a big surprise push to take everything back from the DC once the 1.1 patch hit because it would severely cripple the emperor's broken build that could solo an entire keep with defenders on top just with a single healer). We had spent 2 weeks into planning this while throwing several random encounters on Scourge in order to hide our intention. No point in doing that anymore cause that went down the drain as well. As far as the NA side goes, I believe the Reddit guild had their Home set to it as well and I'm sure they have lots of members. This was an obvious mess up. If I had to guess I'd say a product manager thought it would be a good idea to save budget by recycling and he/she based their decision on latest week's metrics while also did not even bother to consider what would happen to the players playing there.

That said, we had been there since day 1 of the headstart. We had devoted almost all our playtime (my current /played is 30 days 14 hours 19 minutes)to that campaign as we as the tactical PVP guild that we are held the top places for the AD side (I personally held the top). We had to fight zergs and exploiters like the Egide DC guys are saying (on our side as well..who we reported daily and I know Egide DC guys had reported as well because we were in contact with them but nothing ever happened to them) and now all our sense of achievement and literally our playtime went down the drain. No compensation whatsoever, we are literally shafted and no one seems to care. EVERYTHING we did and fought for since day 1 of the imperial headstart is now gone. Like a person said above, we're like the Dwemer race..one day we were there and the next we're gone.

As much as I like this game and agree to the general direction it is taking, this particular case is simply unacceptable. It has been unprecedented in any kind of game whatsoever to cause a fraction of the game population to lose everything they did without any form of compensation whatsoever. No one even considered even the possibility of moving us to the lowest population campaign or whatever...

This is entirely disappointing.

Edited by Tanthul on May 28, 2014 4:08PM
    Beshaba Tanthul, Leader of the Dark Moon PVP Guild (AD EU Scourge).
    Developer of Cyrodiil Alert addon.
    Indie software/game developer.

Solidarity to the PVP players of Scourge EU&NA
    : Thread Here
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanthul wrote: »
    As much as I like this game and agree to the general direction it is taking, this particular case is simply unacceptable. It has been unprecedented in any kind of game whatsoever to cause a fraction of the game population to lose everything they did without any form of compensation whatsoever. No one even considered even the possibility of moving us to the lowest population campaign or whatever...

This is entirely disappointing.

The Cost of Freedom is Always High...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on May 29, 2014 4:25PM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Sioryn
    Sioryn
    ✭✭
    Most people in my guild still haven't assigned a new home campaign, in the desperate hope that you will return Scourge, either how it was just before the patch or to its initial state with all points zeroed. Many of us would prefer this vastly over any end-of-campaign awards, even though the awards were something that should have been an absolute given when you removed Scourge. Everyone is empty handed now. Our home gone, no rewards.

"But you get to keep your alliance points" – means literally nothing to us. Most of us didn't even have that much, as we spent all on siege and repair kits, i.e. spent it on playing in Scourge. Alliance points do not matter to anyone, what matters is our home campaign and the rank points we got there.
    Edited by Sioryn on December 14, 2014 12:15PM
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    It can only agree with Oakes' points, especially :smile:
    - Everyone is empty handed now. Our home gone, no rewards.
    - alliance points do not matter to anyone, what matters is our home campaign and the rank points we got there.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax just doesn't care about their reputation, they punish a small group of players and all they do is say whoops.

Would hate to see what happens if they accidentally deleted a players character. They would simply post in the forums letting you know that you still got to keep your account, and are lucky enough to be able to start all over again (30 days behind anyone else). This is exactly what they did for the PvPers in this campaign.

We kept nothing of any value. This is only insulting they would try to claim they did anything otherwise.

Edit: The rest of my game time is dedicated to talking players out of resubing =) Its clearly the only thing that they would respond to since theres been no serious action in helping the players who had this campain as their home.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on May 30, 2014 10:06AM
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    been continuing to play actively on wabbajack, now i'm at rank 490 or something like that. i might make it to top100 before campaign ends. but still, they had almost 2 month headstart!
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Currently rank 18 approaching 17 on my new server, so I mean.. imagine if I had the first 2 months to work on it.
  • Tanthul
    Tanthul
    ✭✭
    I am going to add a formal protest to the addon I am developing, "Cyrodiil Alert" (currently counting 7000 downloads if I add up both download sources), visible on both the settings menu and the addon description on both curse.com and esoui.com. Hopefully this will bring the matter to the attention of ESO PVPers. They could be next.
    Only publicity can cause a company to react. Unfortunately.
    Beshaba Tanthul, Leader of the Dark Moon PVP Guild (AD EU Scourge).
    Developer of Cyrodiil Alert addon.
    Indie software/game developer.

Solidarity to the PVP players of Scourge EU&NA
    : Thread Here
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanthul wrote: »
    I am going to add a formal protest to the addon I am developing, "Cyrodiil Alert" (currently counting 7000 downloads if I add up both download sources), visible on both the settings menu and the addon description on both curse.com and esoui.com. Hopefully this will bring the matter to the attention of ESO PVPers. They could be next.
    Only publicity can cause a company to react. Unfortunately.

Your add on is good. I used it since day one. But, you hurt us the players WAY more then you hurt ZoS by making such a threat. We use your Addon, not them. Another developer would just take your place and make a new addon.

Don't sully your own work because of your unhappiness of ZoS. I like this addon but if you stop developing it or pull it, ZoS wont care, and most of us who use your PvP app will continue without it.