The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Inventory and bank are too small.

• raudfsfolley
    raudfsfolley
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I only use the bank to swap mats and stuff to break down between characters. The individual characters keep their mats on them. The things I leave in the bank are things like trait gems and style mats that are shared between three of the crafts. Causes a little problem in the individual inventory now and again, but nothing I can't manage.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Inventory is OK, agree on the bank, I find myself having to create a couple of alts just to store overflow stuff...

Joined a friendly persons guild to help them out the other day, as they horde items for crafting collection/selling, and the only reason he/she made the guild was to have more space.

That is not something I'd be interested in doing, when i do get into crafting. Having to create a guild or 2 just to hold my overflow of items.

It's simple, we need more space than what your allowing ZOS, please look into it when you have time to. Idc if i have to pay extra gold, but people clearly need more space.
    Edited by Reignskream on May 18, 2014 9:46PM
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without going into the entire thread on detail and what people have posted individually, I have to say one thing, INSTANT GRATIFICATION, that is it.

Most gamers want everything NOW, not later, not eventually, not soon, but NOW. Most people complaining about bank space are low level or new, people that have not progress thru the game and want to horde everything, including all crafting...simple as that.

I'm Vr5, with all crafting maxed out or near max (damn you enchanting!*raise fist in the air*), so I keep materials for everything, plus all trophies from 2 full alliances, plus all pets (monkey, mudcrab, scuttle), plus the ring of Mara (never used them), plus one of each fish type from all zones, etc etc and I have 0 inventory issues.

Why you may ask? I have a draft horse max out on bag space, so my characters can hold 170, my bank has 150/250 (still 100 more slots I can buy) and I have created a few mules to hold stuff, like the trophies and fish for example. But see, that took time and in-game money to do, and that's the root of the problem, people don't want it to take time or wait, they want it NOW.

Learn to manage it's all I got to say to all the people complaining about not enough inventory/bank space, you are doing it wrong.
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    Iorail wrote: »
    Without going into the entire thread on detail and what people have posted individually, I have to say one thing, INSTANT GRATIFICATION, that is it.

Most gamers want everything NOW, not later, not eventually, not soon, but NOW. Most people complaining about bank space are low level or new, people that have not progress thru the game and want to horde everything, including all crafting...simple as that.

I'm Vr5, with all crafting maxed out or near max (damn you enchanting!*raise fist in the air*), so I keep materials for everything, plus all trophies from 2 full alliances, plus all pets (monkey, mudcrab, scuttle), plus the ring of Mara (never used them), plus one of each fish type from all zones, etc etc and I have 0 inventory issues.

Why you may ask? I have a draft horse max out on bag space, so my characters can hold 170, my bank has 150/250 (still 100 more slots I can buy) and I have created a few mules to hold stuff, like the trophies and fish for example. But see, that took time and in-game money to do, and that's the root of the problem, people don't want it to take time or wait, they want it NOW.

Learn to manage it's all I got to say to all the people complaining about not enough inventory/bank space, you are doing it wrong.

Why should people be required to max out their horses inventory (instead of buying one of the other two buffs available) or employ the use of mules just to manage their inventory?

It drives me crazy when people say that their way is the canonical best way, especially when it's something like an MMO. Different people, different playstyles, I know that's crazy talk but try and bear with me...

• Ghorgoth
    Ghorgoth
    ✭✭
    The fact is crafting should be fun from the begining of the game, not only when you are high level with plenty of money to spend in your inventory to - finally - have enough space to keep your crafting materials.

Its not a matter of wanting something now, but just wanting something to be fun from the start. Spending hours in inventory and going back to town everytime is not the brightest part of the game.

Expanding the inventory should not be the goal or the fun-restriction of a medieval fantasy game...

I still love ESO, i'm just sad that the experience is made difficult by a thing so futile such as bank space.

• Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL @ the enchanting remark, but me being a class A hoarder, i like to store my things, but with such limited ammt of space, its hard to do so without creating alts and an extra guild.

started 5day early access btw, so I'm not low level, nor a noob, nor do i want anything handed to me.

I just want some more space mang.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    ciannait wrote: »

Why should people be required to max out their horses inventory (instead of buying one of the other two buffs available) or employ the use of mules just to manage their inventory?

It drives me crazy when people say that their way is the canonical best way, especially when it's something like an MMO. Different people, different playstyles, I know that's crazy talk but try and bear with me...

Because that's the way the game works? You don't have to max your horse either, I have 3 horses, all max out on it's own, When I pve and quest/gather? I use the pack horse. If I got to Cydorill? I use the speed/stamina horse. You are not required to do one only, you can do all 3, but it takes time/money, which is why people complaint, once again, INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

And also, I didn't have to create mules at all, but I did for the simple fact or organization, I could have easily buy another 50 or even the 100 slots I got still on reserve, but again, this concept is alien to the INSTANT GRATIFICATION crowd because why should they collect the money to buy this slot? How dare I to even mention this at all? I should be ashamed of myself at this point for pointing out the obvious that it takes effort to get more inventory bank slots!

I'm not saying my way is best at all either, it's the way the game was design, either people adapt or move on, nothing to it. I don't care either way, I learned to manage and wait and now it's good in Iorail's Land, I could care less about the rest that complaint on a non-issue like this.
    Edited by Iorail on May 18, 2014 10:18PM
  • Ghorgoth
    Ghorgoth
    ✭✭
    Because that's the way the game works? You don't have to max your horse either, I have 3 horses, all max out on it's own, When I pve and quest/gather? I use the pack horse. If I got to Cydorill? I use the speed/stamina horse. You are not required to do one only, you can do all 3, but it takes time/money, which is why people complaint, once again, INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

And also, I didn't have to create mules at all, but I did for the simple fact or organization, I could have easily buy another 50 or even the 100 slots I got still on reserve, but again, this concept is alien to the INSTANT GRATIFICATION crowd because why should they collect the money to buy this slot? How dare I to even mention this at all? I should be ashamed of myself at this point for pointing out the obvious that it takes effort to get more inventory bank slots!

I'm not saying my way is best at all either, it's the way the game was design, either people adapt or move on, nothing to it. I don't care either way, I learned to manage and wait and now it's good in Iorail's Land, I could care less about the rest that complaint on a non-issue like this.

I don't see or feel any gratification in expanding inventory or bank, sorry.

And by the way, game forums are there to expose issues and improvements, you can adapt or move on.
    Edited by Ghorgoth on May 18, 2014 10:27PM
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ the enchanting remark, but me being a class A hoarder, i like to store my things, but with such limited ammt of space, its hard to do so without creating alts and an extra guild.

started 5day early access btw, so I'm not low level, nor a noob, nor do i want anything handed to me.

Enchanting is the true test of ESO, if you can get it to 50 without loosing your sanity, you become a Daedra Prince irl, no joke...

Back on topic, let me ask you this, how it's 250 bank, 170 character, 500 guild Limited? That's 920 slots for crying out loud! For the sake of the argument, let's add basic 60 per 7 more alts, that's another 420 more (770 max bag space, or 1430 with max pack horses on all) for a total of 2350 slots per account. How in Molag Bal's nameis that not enough space?

But let's keep it simple, to one account, if you can't manage it, you are really doing some serious hording and that's not the game's fault, it's the person's fault. 250 on a bank, 170 on you and 500 if you create a side guild with friends (or strangers) for 920 is more than enough to hold everything that you will ever need..../thread

• Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghorgoth wrote: »
    I don't see or feel any gratification in expanding inventory or bank, sorry.

And by the way, game forums are there to expose issues and improvements, you can adapt or move on.

No, the forums are to expose REAL issues and improvements, hell by you post, the entire thread is on the wrong section of the forums as this is for bugs and issues and the inventory space is neither.
    And news flash, all games in one way or another require you to expand your inventory, even all ES games, Show me a game that you start with 2,000 inventory slots and I will gladly concede. otherwise, get back to reality and stop complaining about as non-issue on the wrong forums.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

Enchanting is the true test of ESO, if you can get it to 50 without loosing your sanity, you become a Daedra Prince irl, no joke...

Back on topic, let me ask you this, how it's 250 bank, 170 character, 500 guild Limited? That's 920 slots for crying out loud! For the sake of the argument, let's add basic 60 per 7 more alts, that's another 420 more (770 max bag space, or 1430 with max pack horses on all) for a total of 2350 slots per account. How in Molag Bal's nameis that not enough space?

But let's keep it simple, to one account, if you can't manage it, you are really doing some serious hording and that's not the game's fault, it's the person's fault. 250 on a bank, 170 on you and 500 if you create a side guild with friends (or strangers) for 920 is more than enough to hold everything that you will ever need..../thread

Nah, just because i don't play your way, doesn't make it /thread. Sorry :/, last i checked you don't pay my sub. Like i said, im a class A hoarder, its just always how ive done things in a sense.
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on May 19, 2014 3:50AM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remlish wrote: »
    Ideally every character would have its own full sized bank and a much smaller shared bank. Worked great in STO.

Works great in LOTRO as well.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, not instant, but a workable system would be nice.

ROFLMAO! :D

How sad is it that people who say they had to make mules still think this is a good banking system?

Seriously.

Edited by Blackwidow on May 19, 2014 12:37AM
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

No, not instant, but a workable system would be nice.

ROFLMAO! :D

How sad is it that people who say they had to make mules still think this is a good banking system?

Seriously.

Try to make an arghonian with mule face. Aint easy bro!

Creating a mule isnt instant reward, its hours of facecrafting to get the final reward of a useless char slot and uncountable logouts.
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    since when dose Alchemy have "so many" different items? there are 18 reagents and what, 6 solutions... thats not very many, provisioning may have a lot, 80-90...
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    remlish wrote: »
    Ideally every character would have its own full sized bank and a much smaller shared bank. Worked great in STO.

Works great in LOTRO as well.
    Exactly, and they were even so smart to monetize the shared bank.
    Which admittedly I would take umbrage with in a subscription based game.

What LOTRO finally managed to do is take the stupid character restrictions away from guilds.

Pretty much ALL of the complaints people voice here would simply vanish with this trivial change in game mechanics.
    But the Zenimax game-design genius that came up with the whole system would probably fall over annoyed if he dared to make (low level)gameplay actually non-frustrating.

I pretty much stopped logging in by now, Diablo3 is coming today..
    Zenimax managed to swindle a pre-order and a GTC out of my pocket, will they get more of my monies.. :\
    Fool me once...

Edit: ohgreat! A new bank bug.
    Edited by Rotherhans on May 21, 2014 7:10AM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people still complaining about bank space? Really?

Create a guild. Ask nine of the people in your current guild to form their own guilds too. All ten of you sign everyone else's guild charter. Voila! Now each of you has his/her own personal guild bank for his/her own use.
  • Ghorgoth
    Ghorgoth
    ✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Are people still complaining about bank space? Really?

Create a guild. Ask nine of the people in your current guild to form their own guilds too. All ten of you sign everyone else's guild charter. Voila! Now each of you has his/her own personal guild bank for his/her own use.

This workaround is the proof that the issue is real...

But still, doesn't the guild require to have 10 members to allow Guild Bank to work ? How can it be possible in your example that 10 people create and join 10 guilds so that everyone get its own bank, since we can "only" join 5 guilds?

If everyone does that, why just not expanding the character banks instead of allowing feature exploits like this...
    Edited by Ghorgoth on May 21, 2014 11:11AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing anyone complaining about bank/inventory size has never played an Elder Scrolls game before... All I can say is they start you with more slots than WOW, RIFT, SWTOR, and many other games do and it's pretty easy to upgrade size (when it doesn't bug and make you lose all your things).

Please stop griping about not being able to do everything in the game and let the devs/admins worry about real problems.

No, those that have played the other Elder Scrolls games recall that they went by weight...not just inventory slots...

Glyphs don't stack. Runes stack limited.

I find it hard to believe a character cannot hold 61 different types of flower petals, but that same character can hold 6000 pieces of raw ore? (60x100)...Come on...

Not to mention the Axe, the Pick-Axe, and the Shovel my character is somehow able to magically pull out of thin air when I gather these items? (I'd be fine with said tools having weigh to them...they should!)

A ring doesn't take up the space or have the carry requirements that a Battle Axe does...Full plate weighs more than that cloth robe...(It's partially how it gets it's higher armor class...)

And the die-hards out there (I'm one of them) do like to keep certain 'trophies...' It's why they're trophies...

I get it, that's a choice... one between making room for a crafting item or keeping the trinket, but that has also always been part of Elder Scrolls... It's not just a typical item...it's a quest reward...it's a unique...heck, it just looks cool...

It would be different if you could sell the mats (Previous Elder Scrolls games, you might get 1/10th gold per or 1 gold for a stack of whatever number) to vendors that you could later purchase at a higher price, or just purchase outright. You could buy provisioning ingredients. You could buy alchemical ingredients...

And I get that you can do that now via Guild stores, to an extent...but it does hinder freedom of development more than it should.

Trips to vendors to sell things are expected...having to destroy items occasionally to make room is expected.

Right now you have the options of
    • Don't pick it up
    • Break it down (now one item just became 3 items)
    • Sell it
    • Destroy it
    • Spend way too much time shuffling things around

There needs to be a balance somewhere in there...

Heck, I'd be content to have my horse's saddlebags be their own container, bound to that horse... I kinda feel that there should be extra carry automatically when you buy one. It is a horse, after all?

If that means I'm shelling out $17k for a second container w/four legs...so be it. Id' rather switch horses occasionally at the stable than have to constantly switch alts.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    That is one thing I love about SWTOR. Every character has a private bank. That is the way ESO should have handled it.