The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Inventory and bank are too small.

• Mhyth
    Mhyth
    A few solutions that would fit into the game without making it seem like complete instant gratification(well except to the extremists who consider everything instant gratification)

Craftable Gathering Bags The Clothier can make say an initially 30 slot bag that holds a specific type crafting material - ores and gems, wood, cloth and fibers, runes, alchemy ingrediants, or food ingrediants.
    • You can only equip one type of bag at a time
    • Gathering Bag size can be increased by using higher tier materials or rare loot dropped bags

Bank Materials Box A Woodworker made box that can be added to increase bank capacity for a specific type of crafting material type - ores and gems, wood, cloth and fibers, runes, alchemy ingrediants, or food ingrediants.
    • You can only install one type of box at a time in your bank
    • Material Box size can be increased by using higher tier materials or rare loot dropped boxes

Still not a perfect solution for those who want to do every type of crafting, but being able to put one type of material in a separate storage space would go a long way toward reducing the frustrating inventory management mini-game in ESO.
    Edited by Mhyth on April 6, 2014 12:50PM
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Hoarding what?...
    You think I'm keeping that shinny dedicated armor for saving the Queen's life; those disguises for RPing or piles of crafted potions, food, glyphs, weapons and armors for the future alts?.

NO, there is no bank space for such thing. Everything is disposable and go for decontruction/trash/vendor.

Sorry people, I haven't deleted my ONE PER ACCOUNT bonus items yet so it seems I qualify as a "hoarder" in TESO.

The character I'm playing has 85 inventory slots (yes she's married with an hungry horse) and my shared bank has 80 slots.

There no way to play this game without shuffling the inventory items between other characters, using them as mules (character slots are no an inventory extension; this is a wrong concept that many have -including developers-) or refiners in their respective profession.

I see this may lead to cash shops inventory upgrades. NO, that is for F2P mmorpgs.

Solution for inventory limits (to begin with - being conservative):
    - Personal bank 200 slots
    - Crafting bank 300 slots (bigger stacks)
    - Shared bank 300 slots
    - inventory 150 slots
    - Housing -optional- 100 slots

/edit, yes there is another way to play the game: stick to one character; one profession; vendor everything; go pvp and buy the stuff from the "stupid" crafters.
    Edited by Laerian on April 6, 2014 12:56PM
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Just reached lvl 10 with my main and I already have all these storage problems, THAT´S the actual problem we´re complaining about.

We barely started the frikken game and already there´s stuff coming out of our ears and we have to muck around with ridiculous Mule-Alts logging.
    Add to this all the problems with disappearing bank upgrades, in fact the whole inventory and you got a pretty swampy start to a "TESO career".

Naturally the speedrunners and PvP´oholics could care less, but they are far from the only play styles.

Just the introduction of a smart crafting-mats-only bank like a frikken F2P game (*coughGW2) has would pretty much solve 90% of our problems.
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 6, 2014 1:15PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Doktar
    Doktar
    Laerian wrote: »
    Hoarding what?...
    You think I'm keeping that shinny dedicated armor for saving the Queen's life; those disguises for RPing or piles of crafted potions, food, glyphs, weapons and armors for the future alts?.

NO, there is no bank space for such thing. Everything is disposable and go for decontruction/trash/vendor.

Sorry people, I haven't deleted my ONE PER ACCOUNT bonus items yet so it seems I qualify as a "hoarder" in TESO.

The character I'm playing has 85 inventory slots (yes she's married with an hungry horse) and my shared bank has 80 slots.

There no way to play this game without shuffling the inventory items between other characters, using them as mules (character slots are no an inventory extension; this is a wrong concept that many have -including developers-) or refiners in their respective profession.

I see this may lead to cash shops inventory upgrades. NO, that is for F2P mmorpgs.

Solution for inventory limits (to begin with - being conservative):
    - Personal bank 200 slots
    - Crafting bank 300 slots (bigger stacks)
    - Shared bank 300 slots
    - inventory 150 slots
    - Housing -optional- 100 slots

/edit, yes there is another way to play the game: stick to one character; one profession; vendor everything; go pvp and buy the stuff from the "stupid" crafters.

Excellent Idea!

Or have crafting mats not count toward the bag space.... problem solved.
    Edited by Doktar on April 6, 2014 9:59PM
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Rylanor wrote: »
    The bank system in Guild Wars 2 works pretty well, with a slot for each type of material etc plus your shared bank. I do like that you upgrade your bank in ESO with in-game money and not expensive gems bought for tons of gold or real money. That is a plus.
    Agreed, having played multiple MMO's over the years IMHO the inventory system in Guild Wars 2 is far and away the superior design, character's have personal inventory, the main bank is shared and all crafting materials have a seperate shared-bank tab (there's also a collectibles tab for pets etc so that every character has access to every pet that you've collected).
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I think the lack of storage space and the reasons there need to be more have been adequately covered in previous posts so I will not rehash them. Instead I will offer my suggestions for how to possibly improve what I believe is a wonderful game.

1: I think the expansion/upgrade of inventory/bank space should be done 60 at a time not 10 slots at a time. Frankly if you are doing enchanting or Alchemy 10 slots is nothing.

So my suggestion keep the current prices but instead of paying 400/1000 gold for 10 slots it should be 400/1000 gold for 60 new slots.

2: My other possible suggestion is to keep the current system and just add a crafting inventory with unlimited slots.

Now before I get flamed for this one let me point out 2 things. First I said it is a possible solution. Secondly, this actually fits with the Elder Scrolls since I never found a chest with a bottom.

3: My last solution would be to expand on the shared bank, by implementing a "shared" housing system. Simply put, I get together the gold to buy my shack and then I have a house that all my characters can use and that I can put chests and what not in there.

Well there are my suggestions. If you agree, great, if you disagree, great, I really couldn't care less either way.

What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • dannmargie85b14_ESO
    I kinda like it , I think it will make our crafted items worth more in the long run , I find myself having to decide what I want to craft and then just craft that , nothing else, then the other people crafting what im not will have a much better price they can sell for .
  • Romidar
    Romidar
    Soul Shriven
    My view is if the item is worth zero gold, it should take zero bank space - this would really help with Provisioning reagents at least.

60-100 slots would be OK if each character had their own bank, but a SHARED bank this small is pretty silly in a non-FTP game where they aren't getting cash by having you feel the inventory squeeze. I do, to some degree, get the idea that less inventory means you have to decide what to keep but right now I am starting to feel that I am literally spending MORE time juggling inventory than I am out adventuring.

If you're only playing 1-2 characters and doing a tradeskill on each, this probably isn't a big deal. If you're playing 4-5 characters and doing different tradeskills on them, it's frustrating (it's additionally frustrating that it takes so long to swap between characters). At this point, if I find a nice blue robe that my wizard will be able to use in a few levels I don't have a spare spot for it in the bank - I have to switch to him, have him hold it in his inventory and then switch back.

The amount of "junk" collected worked in other ES games because you could get ample storage space; it feels like a similar crafting approach was followed here, but with two major differences:

1) Lack of significant inventory space (e.g., buying houses with containers in them).
    2) Sharing what limited space there is across alts.

I'm far from an MMO newbie (obsessively played the first EQ, played UO, DAoC, WoW, The Secret World, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Lord of the Rings and others I can't even recall), but I've never felt this level of inventory squeeze.
  • Cloakofwinter
    I think the shared bank is fine, but the lack of bags or containers to store crafting materials for 8 toons is killing me. I'd give anything to have a GW2-style crafting storage along with the general storage in the bank. The capacity on the toons is ok, I just have to sell, store and dump more often.
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    I think inventory and bank slots are fine.
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Felyae wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely support this, we need more space. 60 slots is what I have in other games for just one character.
    Shared bank space should be 500 slots (60 slots per character times 8 characters = 480 slots, rounded up = 500 slots).

Then increase guild bank to like 2000 slots or something.

Completely agree for a pay to play experience it is surely lacking in storage..

I have four characters, three of which are level 6, its already maxed out i had to throw 90% of my crafting items away, i'm left with low level iron, leather and wood items, a few stones and enchantments and a handful of weapons and gear..

I need to run back to a merchant every quest or two to empty my bags i cannot afford bank or bag space and i'm nearly level 20..

Wasn't this game suppose to be fun again?
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 15, 2014 1:23PM
  • Pintobean
    Pintobean
    ✭✭✭
    The purchase of extra bank slots seemed to be a good idea, until I lost them. I may try buying some more after this patch to see if it was fixed, though I was waiting for them to be replaced (fat chance). I am feeding my horse bank slots as fast as I can. For me, it does not really matter. If I had 1500 slots I would quickly fill them and need more, but if logging in and out of the game every two minutes ten times a day is harming the gameplay of others, then an increased bank storage of some type would be beneficial to all.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pintobean wrote: »
    The purchase of extra bank slots seemed to be a good idea, until I lost them. I may try buying some more after this patch to see if it was fixed, though I was waiting for them to be replaced (fat chance). I am feeding my horse bank slots as fast as I can. For me, it does not really matter. If I had 1500 slots I would quickly fill them and need more, but if logging in and out of the game every two minutes ten times a day is harming the gameplay of others, then an increased bank storage of some type would be beneficial to all.
    May i ask do you use addons/mods, specifically Bag addons/mods?
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 15, 2014 1:36PM
  • lfseeney_ESO
    lfseeney_ESO
    ✭✭
    The issue is 3 fold.

1st: All your Chars use the same bank, so anything you want to save needs room.
    2nd: There are a lot of mats fro crafting, and then the DeCon aspects
    3rd: The DEVS seems to want you in a guild or actually 2 Guilds
    one which is your Trade Guild and One which is your Friends/Grouping Guild

Once you have those two you will have a place to Trade/Sell in the big one, and in the small one 500 slots for all the Crafting mats and Decon stuff.

I do wish they would lower the Friends Guild to 5 folks needed instead of ten, that way everyone could easily get the 500 slots for crafting, but at this time it is not that way.

I also think that the Bank should have started at 100, My main has 89 slots on him, and the back has 70 atm.

Hope you find some folks to build up a Local Guild for all the crafting stuff, also as trading and mail are so limited in swapping things it is really a needed thing to have.
  • Brydion
    Brydion
    Ok, so I have 8 crafter characters level 9 or above, each has an 80 slot bag and they share an 80 slot bank (at least when it isn't wiped). Although I can't claim to have actual space problems it is highly inconvenient having to shift this kind of mat from that character to the bank, do this or that, have other characters make their use of the mats, move them back to the first character, have the next character inserts mats, and on and on. More bank space would certainly help or some means of direct transfer between characters so as to avoid the constant logging on and off would also be workable. The bright side of the current situation is that the constant logging between characters has allowed me to put together complete motif sets for all 8 characters simply by checking the containers in the bank each time I log a character in.
  • Pintobean
    Pintobean
    ✭✭✭
    I do not use mods of any type, kinda stupid that way, maybe paranoid more like it.
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting is a meta game where resource management is the challenge that the player must overcome, and that is what makes it rewarding. Otherwise you are just the virtual equivalent of a fast food worker. It is supposed to be hard, and to force you into making difficult decisions.

In other words it is supposed to be hard, and that is what makes it ultimately fun and rewarding. By the way this game isn't remotely difficult when it comes to the act of crafting. Other games have been truly brutal when it came not just to storage space, but the resources required, and sometimes those resources had widely varied stats. In other words you don't have to sit on your thumbs in this game waiting for something to spawn, and crossing your fingers that the spawn you require is of sufficient quality to justify the harvesting.

Honestly the problem isn't the game, but how some people are playing it. If you are building an army of mules you have a serious psychological problem. That veers right into being obsessive compulsive. If you craft smart, and do one, or even two crafting professions at a time. The storage space is really more then sufficient. For grinding early on, and specializing later on.

This is supposed to be a game played to have fun. Not a grueling job foisted upon you. If it is becoming the later for you. Then you either need to seek out professional help, or take control of you life, and either modify what it is you are doing, or walk away entirely. Seriously the problem most of you are talking about is entirely in your heads.

Most players aren't having serious issues with storage space, because they are not taking this game to the extremes. They don't have to be the master of some perverse self sufficiency. He makes armor, and I make potions. I give him some potions, and he gives me some armor. Enough said about that. Might I make a humble suggestion. Instead of making alts. Try a little bit more of making some friends. You know to enjoy the game with, and spread the workload out with.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruining a MMO with more inventory space is like trying to ruin icecream with sprinkles . It just can't be done . Everyone likes sprinkles .
  • Grimth
    Grimth
    ✭✭
    Dodece wrote: »
    Crafting is a meta game where resource management is the challenge that the player must overcome, and that is what makes it rewarding. Otherwise you are just the virtual equivalent of a fast food worker. It is supposed to be hard, and to force you into making difficult decisions.

In other words it is supposed to be hard, and that is what makes it ultimately fun and rewarding. By the way this game isn't remotely difficult when it comes to the act of crafting. Other games have been truly brutal when it came not just to storage space, but the resources required, and sometimes those resources had widely varied stats. In other words you don't have to sit on your thumbs in this game waiting for something to spawn, and crossing your fingers that the spawn you require is of sufficient quality to justify the harvesting.

Honestly the problem isn't the game, but how some people are playing it. If you are building an army of mules you have a serious psychological problem. That veers right into being obsessive compulsive. If you craft smart, and do one, or even two crafting professions at a time. The storage space is really more then sufficient. For grinding early on, and specializing later on.

This is supposed to be a game played to have fun. Not a grueling job foisted upon you. If it is becoming the later for you. Then you either need to seek out professional help, or take control of you life, and either modify what it is you are doing, or walk away entirely. Seriously the problem most of you are talking about is entirely in your heads.

Most players aren't having serious issues with storage space, because they are not taking this game to the extremes. They don't have to be the master of some perverse self sufficiency. He makes armor, and I make potions. I give him some potions, and he gives me some armor. Enough said about that. Might I make a humble suggestion. Instead of making alts. Try a little bit more of making some friends. You know to enjoy the game with, and spread the workload out with.

Isn't the point of the game to play how you want?
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is an inventory juggling nightmare, easily the worst I've come across in any subscription MMO. Even many F2P titles have a better inventory / bank system. It is completely inadequate for a subscription title and totally killing my enjoyment of the game. A shame because inventory issues aside I'm having fun. But I spend more time juggling my inventory than actually playing (unless inventory management is considered some kind of mini game).

The problem is the shared bank and the vast quantity of different crafting components and other items. The bank, even upgraded, is barely adequate for one character if you want to take up more than one craft. And if you have any alts, it rapidly becomes totally unworkable.

I'm sure some people will say "manage your inventory better". But we're only a couple of weeks in from launch and already there's problems. Yet most players are nowhere near level cap. Most players probably haven't started any alts, other than a bit of dabbling. If players are already having inventory issues now, imagine how bad it's going to be 3 or 6 months from now.

Two things are urgently needed:

1) Character specific bank space. It doesn't have to be huge, 40 slots per character would do. But enough to store items you don't need available to alts.

2) A separate crafting materials bank with the ability to group / sort mats by profession. This is essential given the huge variety of crafting mats in the game. I love the richness of the crafting system, but without a fit-for-purpose banking system then crafting is totally hamstrung and far less enjoyable than it should be.
  • Romidar
    Romidar
    Soul Shriven

First - I've never heard of a game where inventory management was the "challenge" for crafting - it's usually making sure you gather enough materials, get rare recipes, research traits, etc. as a supplement to gameplay. Naming "inventory management" as part of the mini-game is... pretty unusual.

Second, your comments that if you find an element of the game grueling you should quit or seek professional help is indicative of someone who has some difficulty with the concept of constructive feedback. Games (and other software) improve when they listen to user feedback - doesn't mean they do everything that every user asks for (that would be a horrible game), but good game devs listen to people who play the game in (perhaps) different ways than they thought about.

Third - can you please provide the data that supports your claim that "Most players aren't having serious issues with storage space, because they are not taking this game to the extremes" - I must have missed the survey or other quantitative data in your post. You are establishing a straw man argument as a way to try to support your singular viewpoint rather than giving any credence to the idea that what you find fun (apparently inventory management ranks up there for you) with what other people find fun.

Finally, your comments about making friends rather than creating alts is insulting and completely misses the point. Maybe you should considering stepping from the game and developing an appreciation that other people may not be like you, for good or ill?

• Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    I can see that maybe they would not want to give 180 bank slots to someone with only one toon but as you add alts the base number of bank slots should go up with each one so that you have 60 shared slots for each alt. At least that would be how it should work as long as they want to keep the shared bank. The shared bank is nice but if you have several alts each focusing on different professions that leaves less that 8 banks slots per alt for those who have created max alts. All my alts collect mats for all professions to share with each other even though they individually specialize in different crafts. You cannot send stuff through the mail to your alts so the only way to transfer is through the woefully crowded bank. Either the bank needs to be larger to accommodate the multiple alts for people that like to play that way or each alt needs their own 60 slot bank and then have the ability to mail items back and forth.

As an example, provisioning alone takes a huge number of slots. I happen to be someone that likes all my toons to be proficient in provisioning, though I will most likely only pick one to specialize in it. Everyone needs to eat, so all should know the rudiments of cooking. Between all my toons I need pretty much all types of food as some rely on magic, some on stamina, and some need to focus on health. The bank is so woefully short on space that I cannot even transfer the foods I make between them at this point so all need to make there own. Therefore each focuses on the type of food or drink most useful to them but also makes the others to help level provisioning. They also share recipes from each alliance between them as well as the mats from the bank. You do need to make everything you possibly can, whether you will use it or not, in order to level provisioning.

In other single player Elder Scrolls games you could acquire living space with bottomless chests, barrels, and dressers. I understand that they would not like to store that much stuff per account on their servers and thus need to limit it to a certain extent. However, the current system is very limiting to those that like to play on multiple toons. I understand that characters are suppose to focus on developing one or two professions a a time but that should not mean that people can only develop one or two professions at a time per account when they have several toons. This would handicap the toons that are not "allowed" to develop their professions while they level and saps the fun from the game.

At this point I cannot even consider fishing as the lures take up even more precious bag space. I would very much enjoy being able to do some fishing along the way instead of wait for some far off day when other professions are leveled first.
    Edited by Pelargonia on April 15, 2014 7:58PM
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »
    Two things are urgently needed:

1) Character specific bank space. It doesn't have to be huge, 40 slots per character would do. But enough to store items you don't need available to alts.

2) A separate crafting materials bank with the ability to group / sort mats by profession. This is essential given the huge variety of crafting mats in the game. I love the richness of the crafting system, but without a fit-for-purpose banking system then crafting is totally hamstrung and far less enjoyable than it should be.
    Both of these things would be very nice but would be large changes to the interface. I agree that grouping mats by profession would be a godsend but I would be very happy if they just increased the number of bank slot for each alt created. That in itself might be quite a patch but it seems it would be minor compared to giving each toon their own individual bank and allowing toons to mail items to each other within an account or even adding individual bank slots for each toon on top of the shared bank. I think the searching of or grouping of materials or items within a bank sounds like a future add-on since the developers did not create such themselves.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone hording crafting materials for every profession... sell the materials for the professions you aren't leveling. Zenimax did say it would be difficult to master every profession; inventory management is part of that.
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    This is pretty insulting. The game is suppose to be playable in all sorts of ways by a wide range of people who enjoy different things. Some people want to create one toon and push to level that one toon up, enjoying the storyline and getting to end game, either PvE, PvP, or a mix of both as quickly as possible. Others like to take their time playing several toons to experience different play styles and classes which can be very slow as they explore the story lines in different alliances and try different crafting specialties on their different toons—or maybe they just like to run around and explore. I happen to like to play several toons of different classes. I am not into PvP and do not care if I race up to end game in PvE. I had 5 day early access and still do not have a toon higher than level 10 because I like to experience all of my classes and the story lines in each alliance as well as the fact that I, like most people, have limited time to play. That does not mean I am playing the game wrong. I am playing it the way I enjoy it.
    Edited by Pelargonia on April 15, 2014 8:20PM
  • Xbloody_m3ssx
    I think most of you are missing the point. Do you have infinite space and time to master everything in real life? The answer of course is no. Its what makes the crafting system immersive. It builds a community aspect. Just like in real life you can try to master everything but it is impractical. Thats why we as humans live in communities. We all provide a different service to help society run as a whole. One person makes food, another makes armor and so forth. It really builds a community aspect in the game. You can trade your armor for other goods you need, and work as a whole. Like i said if you want to master everything you can but its going to be hard. That adds a great degree of immersion imo, that the devs probably put alot more thought into than any of you are considering.
  • Walden_Grimtine
    I will admit the possibility that I am doing it wrong, but the game was purportedly designed to be attractive to players who enjoy many different aspects of an MMO. For people who enjoy crafting and at the same time want a character that is viable for PVE/PVP multiple alts to pursue crafting is not an unreasonable approach. If this is how you would like to play/enjoy playing, it's very difficult. I have recently found myself spending more time trying to manage inventory than any other endeavor in the game. If you want to put 8 different kinds of grapes and 6 kinds of wheat in the game, 60 bank spaces is probably not enough to start out with. Second bank upgrade costs 3300, which was alot for my level 12.
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    I think most of you are missing the point. Do you have infinite space and time to master everything in real life? The answer of course is no. Its what makes the crafting system immersive. It builds a community aspect. Just like in real life you can try to master everything but it is impractical. Thats why we as humans live in communities. We all provide a different service to help society run as a whole. One person makes food, another makes armor and so forth. It really builds a community aspect in the game. You can trade your armor for other goods you need, and work as a whole. Like i said if you want to master everything you can but its going to be hard. That adds a great degree of immersion imo, that the devs probably put alot more thought into than any of you are considering.
    But each character, when a person has more than one, should be able to master something or even two things without ruining the immersion. In fact, the immersion is ruined if you can only allow one of your characters to concentrate on crafting in a couple of professions due to limited bag space while all your other characters are not allowed to craft in order to please the inventory juggling resource management gods.

I did not do every profession on every toon I played in Skyrim but amongst all my toons I did do every profession and you did not even share the products amongst them in that single player game.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenbrae wrote: »
    That's where the problem lies: playing a character from each Alliance at the same time.

Each Alliance has it's own recipes and it's own crafting materials. No wonder your banks fill up so fast.
    You should probably start off with one character and earn some actual money before you decide to level a new one...

Or ... maybe we should expect to play a TES game in a way that's fun for us.
  • ThePedroKid
    ThePedroKid
    Soul Shriven
    I hate crafting in games. It feels like a complete waste of time in 90% of the games I've played and to some degree always ends up being an inventory buster.

But, here's the kicker... You kind of have to do it or risk getting screwed later. Devs hate making systems people don't use and, unfortunately, most can't design a decent crafting system that is fun to save their butts so they put little things in to make crafting 'attractive'. You know, like 'you need Master Blacksmithing if you want that legendary sword... No one can make it for you, you have to make it yourself.'

I don't want to. But, I must according to the dev gods.

That said, you gotta craft. And, you have to have a toon that is mastered in each craft or... fail. When you hit end-game... you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

So, here's my big problem with inventory in ESO:

1) It is a pretty terrible interface and even with categories it's very time consuming just to find something (some UI mods seem to help this).

2) The OP is absolutely 100% correct. There is no where near enough space and, frankly, all those hundreds of crafting mats have no business being in my bank to begin with. They are filler junk plain and simple... But, gotta have 'em!

3) I have 100 slots in my bank now... Was expensive. Next upgrade? over 20k gold. My personal inventory on all toons I 'play' (4 of them) is 70+ (80+ on one) and it's 6k gold to add 10 more slots to him. Add in the gold to feed the stupid horse and well... you get the point. I am not allowed the 'fun' of purchasing anything with gold in ESO besides storage space, horse food and repairing. That totally sucks and is probably why guild stores are complete crapola (I'm in 4 LARGE trading guilds). It is not fun... Let's just admit it.

4) I have to maintain 4 alts basically just for hording trash... well 3.. I have to use 1 hold any blue items I might want for playing an alt but that guy ended up holding enchanting crap also since the other 3 ran out of room.

5) I often tell people you have to spend 1/2hour for every 1 hour you play managing inventory in ESO. That's about right. That alone has turned off virtually every one of the over 200 guildies (I was guildmaster) from my GW2 guild from the game (they are all going to W***star). At first I thought the leveling was long... Then, I realized it's not. I just wasn't getting to actually play the game. I was sorting junk. It takes only a couple quests to fill 80 slots with stuff requiring a town run and 1/2hour mulling thru alts. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be able to just explore, quest and have fun with my friends without having all this TRASH that I have to horde in order to ensure I'm crafted up and capable in end-game for more challenging content.

6) All of this alt swapping can not be good for the server (much less the community). Given all the chat lag, guild acknowledgement lag, bank blow up issues, etc., I can't help but think all of this is linked to the excessive logging in and out of characters constantly going on to mule garbage around. I know that in GW2 this was one of the primary reasons they added the collectibles bank to combat bank bloat (even though they SOLD BANK SLOTS TO MAKE MONEY). The server stress was horrendous. I'm pretty sure it's a big part of the problem in ESO as well. ESO should most definitely implement this same system at the very least and increase stack sizes significantly.

I could probably go on all day so...

TL;DR: Inventory management does not belong in games. It is 100% detrimental to the fun aspects of it. Sure, space can not be infinite, but it must be adequate compared to the amount of trash that drops... ESO is not. Fix it so it no longer impedes our ability to actually have fun in the game please.

Oh, and before I finish... To that guy who thinks everyone is OCD and psychologically challenged. GTFO... Seriously. You have no business making those kinds of comments. You are not a psychologist and have no clue what you are talking about. There are so many other factors at play there. To make a blanket statement like that shows ignorance of such an astounding level it is just plain sickening (In fact, it seems you may actually be the one with the mental illness feeling the need to suggest such things here). Even my Psychology minor from decades ago knows that much.

Remember though, you can always max level crafting then re-spec to get back the skillpoints then just refine with alts.