Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn"

• Vestrivian
    Vestrivian
    Soul Shriven
    I have no idea if this question was asked. Is Zenimax aware that most of Nightblade class are broken and players joke that there are 3 ESO classes and Nightblade ? If you don't have friends to play with ppl just kick you from the dungeon groups.

Not fixing this class before Craglorn will result in obvious thing. I would like to ask why adding new content and fixing quest has higher priority than fixing issues with the class ? I'm not saying that I want it to be reworked but simply fixed.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How will Trials be accessed? Do they work like the public dungeons now? Can people queue for them with the tool, or are people allowed to go in there solo and at least experience the story without beating the 12-player encounters or entering Veteran Dungeons? - Audigy

Trials can be accessed by either the physical entrance or by using our Group Finder to assemble a team. You could potentially go into one solo, but the first group of monsters you encountered would wipe the floor with you.

I wanted to thank you for the answer, that's really great to hear guys!
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    There needs to be a World Market. The Guild stores are lame. You can't be in every guild in the game and what a hassle that would be to search through all of those even if you could. I would like to be able to have more of a selection. Besides that, the chat is mostly taken up with people trying to sell and buy things because there is no other way for them to do so.

The way it is setup now is the worst market system of any game I have ever seen. Why would you want to limit your customer base to just a few people? That's like opening a Walmart on an iceberg praying for another Titanic to come by. It's crazy. Besides, some people don't even want to join a guild, what about them? How are they going to buy anything from other players? Do they have to just sit and watch chat waiting for something that is the right level, class, type, and price? Good luck there.
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is some kind of late aprils fool joke, but why on earth are you adding more Veteran Ranks to grind to your next patches (currently up to VR 15 as of the latest dev videos).

I haven't seen a single post that wanted more Verteran Ranks added, rather the opposite, people are tired of level grinding and all you will accomplish is driving more people out of cyrodiil that are not max level (thanks to the unbalanced items that will follow).
    Bring out the PVP dungeon already and cut the stupid level increase, no one asked for.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Why are there only 5 skill slots available when there are 15 class skills and 30 weapon skills you can learn? Yeah you aren't going to use but 10 of the weapon skills because you can't have but 2 weapons to switch between, but then there are other active skills in the skill tree. There should be at least 10 slots you can load and you should be able to shift rows of slots really (like in WoW and other games).

Having only 5 slots when you have so many other skills going to waste is really disappointing.
    Edited by Lucifer66 on May 15, 2014 6:11AM
  • Ezerphel
    Ezerphel
    I'm glad that ESO is consistent with the lore of all Elder Scrolls game, included most of the spin-offs, but I'm sad to have not found any reference to Elder Scrolls Travels titles. I was thinking about the region of Craglorn is about near to where Shadowkey is setted, so I hope there will be some references to this game in Craglorn, because i enjoyed this game and I'd be sad if it will be totally ignored. I know that the history of the Soul of Conflict is setted far before ESO, but in Shadowkey there was an history of Captain Nym's floating boat, who was searching for the star-thoots to defeat the Umbra-Keth, before falling into the glacier crawling and be raided by the Falmers almost in the second era. Also Jagar Tharn was involved in this plot, so may be too for his ancestors. Furthermore, there was a lot of monsters, items and herbs in Shadowkey that I have not seen in eso. May you consider to accord all this to Craglorn's main lore?
  • torstenb16_ESO8
    Hello Eso Team,
    here i have some problems/things to improve in my opinion and some things they are nice.

1. Guild Calendar is missing.
    2. Guild missions are missing.
    3. Guild shops cause the problem, that noone in my guild is playing anymore together, cause they are chatting in 4 other guilds for items all the day long.So a main guild Shop is needed.
    4. They buyed items too fast for legendarys and had nothing more to play, so only 4 from 70 in my guild are playing eso at the moment.Some crafting thing should need harder to get, or only get with to make daily things.
    5. Daily missions are needed.
    6. A veteran Map is needed for pve like the pvp maps after you reach level 50,where you can make daily missions/raids or group dungeons for 4,12,16 and more players. so most people dont want to level in other alliance areas, so most stopped playing eso in guid because of that problem.There are lots of dungeons in the game, must be easy for your gfx crew to copy them and past 12-30 dungeons in that maps.This is faster needed than veteran 10 maps.People are thick of leveling into aliance areas and stopped playing cause of that.
    7. World Bosses missing large like godzilla where you can make raids with 24 players and fight one hour or more.
    8.There are not enough Skill places, it should be possible to get 2 or 3 more slots with veteran ranks, to make it interesting for people to play until veteran ranks.Maybe one for vereran1 a second at level5 and a third one at level 10.
    At the moment weapon swith is ugly, not all can handle that. Also i use 5 slots for my bow and cant use my class features because of missing slots.When i use allicane skills then we run completly out of slots.I use weapon swith, but running fast out of slots.
    9. Questing together is a big problem, mostly you cant help otheres for there class quests.
    10. Pvp Map is great/awesom, but pve Players in my guild dont use it.You can make dailys there,headhunting and other things, dungeons and questing is great.
    11. In Beta we was posting that it is not possible to rotate with Q and E, you completly ignored us and it is until today not possible to rotate with Q and E, only with mouse, some people stopped playing this game because that.
    12. You dont allow players to switch if they want to play with mouse or with keys, most in my guild never played ego shooters, we told you in beta, let the users switch how they want to play.Let them rotate with Q and E and let them klick with mouse on the items. Look at wildstar, its possible and maybe than you understand. You ignored that until today and loose some players cause of that problem
    13. When you create an charakter let the players choose,if they want to play every player can skill everything"like it is at the moment" or let them skill roleplaying, where you can create chars,that helaer only can heal and us light armor and tanks only can tank and let them chosse a race skill tree.Lots in my guild was sick of that healer are tanking and noone has a role tol play and can do everything. So People can use mix system and otheres can play only a tank or healer.That will cause propblem.
    14. The story was great and makes fun to become level 50.But not Leveling with veteran.
    15. Animations in Pvp dont stop sometimes when an enemy hits on you, like the large shot from the Bow class. Pvp is lagging from time to time, so let people choose if they want to use a simple standart low poly objekt seeing in 30 meter distance, maybe this makes gameplay better. Gw2 shows you how that is working.And you can choose that in the menü
    16. let them turn on and off in the ui, if people want to dodge without reloading the ui. Sometimes in pvp i make a role and dont want is, i tryed settings in menü but sometimes not works.

These are only ideas i collectet from players out of my guild and myselfe.
    I love this game, blocking and sneaking never was so great,
    so i want to make game better.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Here are a couple more ideas...

How about a way to craft Jewelry?

And it would be nice if you could look at your provisioning recipes while you are out in the field so you can see if you need certain ingredients before you pick them up. Maybe there could be some kind of thing in the item description that tells you that it's an ingredient in a recipe that you know or something too for quick reference because I'm always picking up stuff i don't need or leaving stuff behind that I wish I had picked up.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please do something for all the CE treasure maps that I got taking up all my bank space. Make them all 1 item or give me a container to hold them or something because you really are making me sorry I bought the CE edition by cutting my bank space in half with all of them. Besides, they really are pretty much worthless because trying to find the spot based on the *** poor sketch that some kid drew with a crayon from one point of view is stupid. Haven't you even seen a REAL treasure map before? They look like a map...not a scenery sketch, get a clue. That's like me giving you a picture of a house in New York and telling you to find it, good luck.
  • Selthius
    Selthius
    Lucifer66 wrote: »
    Here are a couple more ideas...

How about a way to craft Jewelry?

And it would be nice if you could look at your provisioning recipes while you are out in the field so you can see if you need certain ingredients before you pick them up. Maybe there could be some kind of thing in the item description that tells you that it's an ingredient in a recipe that you know or something too for quick reference because I'm always picking up stuff i don't need or leaving stuff behind that I wish I had picked up.

Get a provisioning add-on, that's why they're there.
    Lucifer66 wrote: »
    AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please do something for all the CE treasure maps that I got taking up all my bank space. Make them all 1 item or give me a container to hold them or something because you really are making me sorry I bought the CE edition by cutting my bank space in half with all of them. Besides, they really are pretty much worthless because trying to find the spot based on the *** poor sketch that some kid drew with a crayon from one point of view is stupid. Haven't you even seen a REAL treasure map before? They look like a map...not a scenery sketch, get a clue. That's like me giving you a picture of a house in New York and telling you to find it, good luck.

Send them to an alt, and you've never seen a "real" treasure map so how would you know? Marking items based on surrounding landmarks is more than likely how "real" treasure maps were made instead of going over an entire land area and making a full map with a dotted line leading you from... where he intentionally left a map?.... to an x... really? I know cartoons did this so kids understood it, but real pirates/whoever would have used surrounding landmarks and their memories to re-find HIDDEN treasures.

Edited by Selthius on May 18, 2014 8:17PM
  • Selthius
    Selthius
    To get back on topic, is the advantage that was given to the PTS guilds (playing through, learning strats and whatever else) going to be given to everyone? I'm sure you do not want your first Adventure Zone leader boards to be topped by those who have been given an unfair advantage.

I have a suggestion to counter your unfair advantage given to already competitive guilds that "tested" for you: Wait, for however long you let the guilds test Craglorn, to release leader board rankings. Boom, playing field evened.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Edited by Lucifer66 on May 19, 2014 3:13AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheneria wrote: »
    Don't know if this is some kind of late aprils fool joke, but why on earth are you adding more Veteran Ranks to grind to your next patches (currently up to VR 15 as of the latest dev videos).

I haven't seen a single post that wanted more Verteran Ranks added, rather the opposite, people are tired of level grinding and all you will accomplish is driving more people out of cyrodiil that are not max level (thanks to the unbalanced items that will follow).
    Bring out the PVP dungeon already and cut the stupid level increase, no one asked for.
    craglorn raises the level cap to 12, the VR15 is probably the next update who is under development. craglorn is done with development and is tested.

Nobody asked for more veteran levels as its taken for granted.

Yes it should be more ways to level level up than questing, PvP get an xp increase.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    why do u push the release sooooo fast? its insane!
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    One question I've been wondering since the announcement was made is if Craglorn is going to be free of flying and no-clipping bots for more than a week upon release?
    Var var var