Maintenance for the week of January 27:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn."
Jessica Folsom
Senior Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's been said that this is 4 person content. am I going to need a dedicated 4 person group to do the whole thing together, in one shot. or do I go in and pick up the other three as I run into content just doing little parts at a time?
    For The Queen
  • ryohara7b14_ESO
    Some questions on the Trials.

    Will loot be handed out randomly as it is in the rest of the game or will a group leader have the ability to distribute loot in whichever way they want?

    Will there be a lockout timer? If so, how long between resets?

  • Newskool1_ESO
    When will real Fullscreen support be in game?
  • robo130neb18_ESO
    I'd go out among a lot of time this expansion to give the opportunity to all to level up to 50 in order to be ready
  • McGuyver
    McGuyver
    Hello, not specific to Craglorn but also to future end game content. Guilds can be pretty large is there a chance we could get a dungeon/raid for more than 12 people?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to get to Craglorn when the main zone quests for Aldmeri Dominion can't advance past Motes in the Moonlight?
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

    - @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Lagoz
    Lagoz
    Will the veteran levelling (especially mob VP in veteran zones and PvP VP) be eased with Craglorn to allow people easier access to this content?
    Edited by Lagoz on April 14, 2014 7:35PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is content being built for specific group sizes instead of being scaled so that any number of players from 1-100 can tackle it? This content being locked to groups of 4 and 12 is quite simply ridiculous and antiquated.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 14, 2014 7:57PM
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.... targeted at Veteran Rank 11 and 12? Sweet
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. However its a shame that there is no open world pvp whatsoever :(

    Cyrodiil is open world pvp. If you could ever get INTO it, that is. :|

    I do agree with you, though, that it would be nice to see other zones allow PvP as well.
    Edited by Delith on April 14, 2014 8:04PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delith wrote: »
    Nice. However its a shame that there is no open world pvp whatsoever :(

    Cyrodiil is open world pvp. If you could ever get INTO it, that is. :|

    I do agree with you, though, that it would be nice to see other zones allow PvP as well.

    I would fully support PvP instances of the three alliance zones as long as the current PvE only instances are retained and if we also receive a PvE only instance of Cyrodiil.
  • coppersloane
    coppersloane
    ✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »
    Fix the bugs before releasing more potential bug content.

    Bugs are eternal. Welcome to MMORPGs.

    Raen Severus . Imperial . Rank 10 Vampire . Nightbow
    Adamus Regulus . Imperial . Craftsman
    GM of NACHT
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Delith wrote: »
    Nice. However its a shame that there is no open world pvp whatsoever :(

    Cyrodiil is open world pvp. If you could ever get INTO it, that is. :|

    I do agree with you, though, that it would be nice to see other zones allow PvP as well.

    I would fully support PvP instances of the three alliance zones as long as the current PvE only instances are retained and if we also receive a PvE only instance of Cyrodiil.

    Sounds like a perfectly reasonable trade to me.

    Can we get a hardcore flag for PvP so we can loot eachother and create a UO style economy of item swapping amongst players who die/loot/die/loot, etc?
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    f you have any questions about ESO

    Is there any plans to fix dungeon loot issue, and crafting, economy? If so can we get some details about what you're planning to do?
  • scotia_swb16_ESO
    Any plans on sorting out the "access code" issue so that all of us effected can actually play the game?
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »
    Fix the bugs before releasing more potential bug content.

    Bugs are eternal. Welcome to MMORPGs.

    Yes, but game breaking bugs should take priority over any new content. I am currently stuck on the Molag Bal quest. I kill him, am transported to the colored room, and its empty. Ive killed him like 20 times over the last 5 days.

    So yea, when there are players who CANNOT access veteren content, it is not an acceptable bug, its a broken game.
    Edited by dermottib14_ESO on April 14, 2014 10:26PM
  • Brozgar
    Brozgar
    The fact that it's shared between groups means that there will be no fun again - everything will be killed in 1 second, loot from locked chests will be ninja-looted... what a waste, really. I don't get it how can ANYBODY be satisfied with how public dungeons work right now.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    V12? Why do you destroy the game with undoable V12 before making sure that an paying customer can reach even 50 with questing? If that comes then the game will die.
    Edited by Atreidus on April 14, 2014 11:18PM
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    ill ask you why i am still blocked in coldharbour for 7 days now. I have had 1 phone call yesterday from tech support. He upgraded the issue and told me a game dev will call me in 24-72 hours. This is pathetic as it could be up to 9 days since the initial problem was ticketed. Fix your *** or refund me now!!!!
  • jedensuscg
    "I wouldn't want to see players find routes to skip a lot of the trash mobs and figure out ways to cheese the bosses. It'll happen, like it always does, but hopefully ZeniMax was smart enough in its design and testing to avoid too much. Another worry would be how much of a timesink will they be. - Sharvis_

    Trial length will vary by group. We suspect it will range from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on your group’s experience and skill level. "


    This has been my main issue with trials and leaderboards...and it seems Zenimax just COMPLETELY bypassed the original question asked. I think someone is running for political office over there.

    For the first few months or longer, the only way to top the leaderboards will be to abuse exploits that people will try and find...and probably not report until they learn others are doing it and will then report it to level the playing field (aka, take away the chance for someone else to use the same exploit to beat them with).

    Once all the exploits are found and removed, then the leaderboards will just be topped with way over the top geared players playing with the powerful FOTM builds walking through the trial like it was a public dungeon.

    In other words, for us normal folk and in my opinion the largest majority of players, the leaderboard will just be wasted space.
    Edited by jedensuscg on April 15, 2014 12:51AM
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some crumb to throw to us PVE-ers? Like, any hint that future add-ons won't require that we gang up with strangers just to beat up some OP mobs?
    Or will all new content tend to be group-based, because Bartle writes that forcing us to socialize is what makes us players "sticky"?
    To me, *letting* me socialize is great. *Forcing* socialization just to complete content, turns me right off.
  • EmrisDovahLord
    I noticed new unique looking gear in the video preview as well as Veteran rank 12. Will this new content unlock higher ranks, and special obtainable gear or even gear sets for those ranks? What type of unique items can we expect to see? Are there unique attributes or stats to these items or even set bonuses?
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    @Zidway: Do you get paid by the word?

    And for the record, we're all paying customers.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

    Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jedensuscg wrote: »
    "I wouldn't want to see players find routes to skip a lot of the trash mobs and figure out ways to cheese the bosses. It'll happen, like it always does, but hopefully ZeniMax was smart enough in its design and testing to avoid too much. Another worry would be how much of a timesink will they be. - Sharvis_

    Trial length will vary by group. We suspect it will range from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on your group’s experience and skill level. "


    This has been my main issue with trials and leaderboards...and it seems Zenimax just COMPLETELY bypassed the original question asked. I think someone is running for political office over there.

    For the first few months or longer, the only way to top the leaderboards will be to abuse exploits that people will try and find...and probably not report until they learn others are doing it and will then report it to level the playing field (aka, take away the chance for someone else to use the same exploit to beat them with).

    Once all the exploits are found and removed, then the leaderboards will just be topped with way over the top geared players playing with the powerful FOTM builds walking through the trial like it was a public dungeon.

    In other words, for us normal folk and in my opinion the largest majority of players, the leaderboard will just be wasted space.

    Same as the emperor title, the leaderboard is for competitive play, and yes sneaking by trash is an valid tactic.
    As for exploit why do you care unless you are an hard core raider and they cheats your guild for the first place?

    To me it looks nice, I was afraid it was timed as in global enrage trigger but instead an speed run gives bonus. As in the first times you wipe a lot, finally you manage it and do it some times more, now you can start with the speed runs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
Sign In or Register to comment.