The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want Scrolling/Floating Combat text, and chat bubbles in ESO?

• Ryiah
    Ryiah
    I want the option to enable/disable them.
    Minimal UI is part of the game design. I don't want this to be World of Warcraft.
    This is an Elder Scrolls game. The developers implement a very minimalist system and then "allow" add-on developers to do the actual work of making it useful.

We're not asking for a complex UI, we're asking for basic improvements to the existing UI to make it better. Or do you consider basic concepts like being able to search in the Guild Store a "WoW-like feature"?
    Edited by Ryiah on May 5, 2014 7:05PM
  • nzblustone
    nzblustone
    ✭✭
    The floating text is done via addons, this is how Zenimax have chosen to deal with things like this. If you have a bias against addons then that is your own issue to deal with, but addons are a part of ESO intentionally. Either use them or don't, but don't expect Zenimax to add something they intentionally made possible in the API.

If anything, request they open up the API in whatever way is needed for someone to make a chat bubble addon for you.
    Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBD]
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    My Idea for this is:
    1. Configurable distance for fade of bubbles
    2. Area of focus on the center of the screen, bubbles in there would be less opaque and smaller.
    3. Distant bubbles would be less opaque and even smaller.
    4. Target focus: Bubbles from your target would be more opaque and highlighted.
    5. Text should continue showing on current chat box.

Something like this:

P24z4vr.jpg
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    I won't use them, but why not, for the people that want them. I might want them in the future, who knows.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »
    This post is garbage, and the poster is trash: because it ties two totally unrelated things together; the ancient-relic practice of plastering pen and paper numbers on a video game (which only studios so jaded as to fart ghosts should ever do) and "chat bubbles" an unassuming option.

Perfect example of how to make a garbage poll.

Do you want abortion banned and better gun control? See how that doesn't work?

All I got from this was garbage

At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who have been looking forward to optional chat bubbles - great news!! Zenimax confirmed at today's AMA session that they're currently working on optional chat bubbles internally, and are testing them at the moment and hope to enable them soon!!

YAAAAY ZENIMAX, YOU GO ZENIMAX *throws copious amounts of moneys*

Way to go Zeni !

and for all the haters, don't want it > turn it off !

now for optional name plates and guild names. i'm fed up with not knowing who anyone is and ignoring guildmates. its like Botland out there.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I want them!
    My Idea for this is:
    1. Configurable distance for fade of bubbles
    2. Area of focus on the center of the screen, bubbles in there would be less opaque and smaller.
    3. Distant bubbles would be less opaque and even smaller.
    4. Target focus: Bubbles from your target would be more opaque and highlighted.
    5. Text should continue showing on current chat box.

Something like this:

P24z4vr.jpg

Wow, I love this!!