Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Werewolves and Vampires need bounty hunters from their faction

a_thielen_ESO
Am I the only one tired of players talking about being vampires or werewolves, advertising bites, or giving them out? It makes no sense. In the game, these groups are secretive and try to stay hidden and anonymous out of fear.

It's ridiculous. Oh hey everyone lets become vampires. No. How about this, you become an abomination and someone witnesses proof of this, you get hunted down.

My idea to hopefully stave off the disease epidemic:

For vampires, whenever they feed and a friendly npc or player is nearby, it should post a bounty allowing a player to hunt them down. Or if any player or npc sees them at stage 4, it posts a bounty. Also when biting another player, if there are any other players not abominations, or any npc's nearby, it posts bounty.

For werewolves, transforming in front of a player or npc posts the bounty. Biting around a non-abomination posts bounty.

Bounties last for 15 minutes of game time. Last known location of available bounties is shown on the map based on being within a certain proximity of npc or another player.

While there's a bounty, town guards should chase these abominations out of town. While there's a bounty on a player, any non-abomination players are free to attack and kill them.

Attacking a bounty flags that player to be attacked back by any vampire/werewolf. (which if they were not already wanted, would become so)

Killing a player abomination would grand Fighters guild XP, and certain marks that could be redeemed for special items from their quartermaster.

Dying from a bounty kill would result in the same death penalties as regular PvE death.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Your bounty idea sounds interesting and i would welcome to challenge of people trying to hunt me down if they see me feed , but it would have to be something for players only , no intervention for NPCs , since that would be getting really anoying really fast when trying to go through the game content.

Also , with regards to the stage 4 of vampirism thing , i would have to say that the mechanic would be very nice , if the feeding cycle in the game would actually respect the game day/night cycle as in the other TES games , I as a vampire would go from stage to stage every 24 in game hours of not feeding , but with stage 1 lasting just 30 minutes , and going through stages so fast , again it would cause problems. If the vampire feeding cycle was to be changed then id like that.

As for the wolves... I am not sure if what you want is possible , since they have the option of being wolves when their ultimate is up , so much more controlled than vampires. For this thing to be an equal threat to them , i think that the moon cycles should affect them , so when a full moon is up , they will change no matter if they want to or not and of course this forced change would be triggered separately from their normal ultimate cost , so as not to impact their regular experience in a negative way.

Then again , what i suggested above along with your idea, won't even be taken into consideration any time soon since the game at the moment suffers from more pressing matters , like bugs , server lag , some quests not working properly and the list goes on. Maybe next year , if by that time the game doesn't go F2P , there may be a chance for something like this.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again , i find this ridiculous because it is one sided.

A vampire/WW would kill the person that saw it.

So you want to hunt vampire/WW? Make it so they can atk anyone they want , because by logic , you can be sure a "abomination" would not let people go around until they decide to hit first.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options