Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error Code 301:3:1:1223:0 really?

Thadius75
Thadius75
I have done everything posted on how to fix this and nothing worked. I continue to get the Error Code 301:3:1:1223:0. I find it hard to believe at 3:30 am EST that the server is so busy this time of night. The sad thing is I was in the game got booted for some "Unknown Error" and still cant get back in and that was at 10:00pm EST. I noticed I'm not the only one with this problem, but this needs to be fixed asap!!!
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • e_loc
    e_loc
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue :\ did you get it figured out?
  • Ziry
    Ziry
    Unfortunately, I started having this error in my second beta. And it occasionally lets me in, I can play fine and then bam... nothing. I've been able to log in only once since launch. I've tried everything suggested.

That one time I was able to log in... last Sunday after 6 hours of trying everything I could think of. I think the login server felt bad for me.
  • e_loc
    e_loc
    Soul Shriven
    What a bummer..
    Ive contacted support but they only get back to me once every 24 hrs, Ill post back if i figure anything out.
  • Thadius75
    Thadius75
    Still no luck I have emailed support about this. I did receive the form letter redid all the steps the suggest and still nothing. Now I'm waiting on another reply. Has anybody figured this out yet.
  • ciobanulx
    ciobanulx
    I'm having the same problem, getting kicked out of the game by an "unknown error" and when I try to log back in I get Error 301, it works after a while and the I get the "unknown error" again. Very long load time too
  • e_loc
    e_loc
    Soul Shriven
    Well hopefully support will respond here, haven't been able to get through on the phone and no email responses. :(
  • Zomiin
    Zomiin
    Have the same problem now (the real realese) I keep getting it. any of you got it fixed?
  • e_loc
    e_loc
    Soul Shriven
    Finally got in for the first time fellas, resetting my router did the trick! :D
    Hope it works for you guys.
  • Thadius75
    Thadius75
    ok haven't heard back from CS but I did reset modem and was able to get in don't know if it a really fix or just a Band-Aid. But I shouldn't have to reset the modem everytime I log in
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    getting error 301 now
  • Fuzzyfire17
    Fuzzyfire17
    Soul Shriven
    This may be a different situation than everyone else, but when my 301 error appeared it was due to the servers being down while an update was being patched. I simply waited around 30-60 minutes and-boop-update. :) Hope it helps!
  • LondonCalling
    LondonCalling
    ✭✭
    I solved this by switching the level of the firewall setting on my router from medium to low. It can now connect. The router is a Virgin Super Hub.
  • RedBird88J
    RedBird88J
    Soul Shriven
    Nothing is working :S. I've tried waiting 10 min. The stuff with my Firewall. Resetting the modem/router. Renaming ProgrammData folder. And still nothing.

ESO I want my money back if this doesnt get fixed.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, same problem here for approx 30 minutes now.. I can not log in! The last time, when I see this error message, it takes for Zenimax 7h to fix the problem... It was during Easter... I hope, now it will be SHORT time!!!!
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    29kunaa.jpg
    Thats my gameplay today. Thank you Zenimax!
  • ahfordersb14_ESO
    ahfordersb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah. I am pretty such I have been ripped off. I have payed for the game and two months of broken service.... this is so un-expectable but they will get away with it because of how large they are and obviously dont care. It's next to impossible to finding a solution to this. I am on day two and canceled my subscription
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    this is happening to alot of people seems to be are character is stuck in game and not logging off, ive tried from several computers different locations and same thing. server restart is needed.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    I have this issue now too, game crashed and can't get back in.

If it is a character being stuck on the server why does it not give priority to a new log in like EVE does. You log in and if your character is already logged in it kicks the character off and in you go.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot login today with the same problem. Support does nothing. Are we paing for waiting at logon screen and reading "bla-bla-bla" from support?
  • Ryfe
    Ryfe
    ✭✭
    Got the problem today too. Was playing normally than wanted to log onto another char put pressed "close game" instead. Wanted to relog after that but it doesnt work.

Dont know but opening a ticket wont help anything, besides of that i am too tired of all the nonsense support is saying/doing.

So well i dont think i'll going to play ESO anymore.
  • dhmoore
    dhmoore
    Yawn. Still broken. Guess ill check back tomorrow... Here is the latest email ive received from them...

"My name is Kevin and I'm here to request some information so we can look into this 301 error further. I understand how frustrating it can be to have a game crash repeatedly, I have been in your shoes. Can you please send us the host.developer log file located at this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher)? After I receive this, I will pass this up to a technician who will begin looking for solutions. We hope to remedy this a fast as humanly possible. Thank you for you patience.

Kevin
    The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team."

I dont expect any fix until the servers go down again. You folks who reset your modems and got in are lucky. Ive done every conceivable thing to my modem, no luck.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    dhmoore wrote: »
    Yawn. Still broken. Guess ill check back tomorrow... Here is the latest email ive received from them...

"My name is Kevin and I'm here to request some information so we can look into this 301 error further. I understand how frustrating it can be to have a game crash repeatedly, I have been in your shoes. Can you please send us the host.developer log file located at this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher)? After I receive this, I will pass this up to a technician who will begin looking for solutions. We hope to remedy this a fast as humanly possible. Thank you for you patience.

Kevin
    The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team."

I dont expect any fix until the servers go down again. You folks who reset your modems and got in are lucky. Ive done every conceivable thing to my modem, no luck.

Standard technical support, your ticket needs to be escalated past the front line soldiers. Which is sounds like it is, best bet is to email/call with the ticket ref# on its progress. Persistence pays off with tech support industry.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • JKwervo
    JKwervo
    ✭✭
    Their Tech support and customer support is a joke. Like..seriously...just atrocious.
  • thecfi32_ESO
    thecfi32_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Check this out...I went through all this with support, and finally had to send them a pic to ensure they realize i have 2 accounts, and 1 of them logs in with 0 issues on the same machine, same network etc. I don't even have to close out the launcher to login without an issue on 1 of my 2 accounts, even after a failed try on the one i am having the issue with, so it is definitely character or account related on their end period!
  • sample07
    sample07
    Soul Shriven
    301 error for the first time since the game launched tonight. I think they're having some regional issues. From the mixture of posts in here that's my best guess.
  • lilibat
    lilibat
    Soul Shriven
    I contacted CS about this they sent this fix:

"To do that, try these steps:

· From the login screen before you actually login go to the settings, lower the graphics quality from what you typically play on and set Display Mode to "windowed"

· Without clearing the pop error message minimize or shrink the game window to a small size.

· Then go to your launcher and click the play button again.

· This should start a new window of the game.

· In the new game window, login as normal.

· The second game instance should now let you in.

· You can close the first game instance and play the game as normal now, after adjusting your settings back to how you like them"

The play button is greyed out so this didn't work for me. Waiting to hear back from them after letting them know this won't work.
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    lilibat wrote: »
    The play button is greyed out so this didn't work for me. Waiting to hear back from them after letting them know this won't work.
    You need to close the launcher and start it again, @lilibat. In the new instance of the launcher after it loads up regularly the Play button will be clickable, then you can try to see if this works for you.

I've just been struck with the "Error 301 (3:1:1229:90098)" (not the "Error 301:3:1:1223:0" the opening poster, Thadius75, actually wrote this post about on April 9th) and saw this fix elsewhere so I've been giving it a go while writing up my Support ticket, so I know it works this way as I have eight instances of the game open now. Alas for me, it didn't work, but that's how it's done.
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
  • lilibat
    lilibat
    Soul Shriven
    I already did that, no joy.
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh... are you running one of the windowed modes? I mentioned actually closing the launcher since it didn't specifically say it in what you quoted from the CS. Maybe if you just minimize from fullscreen it won't let you launch another instance of the game, new launch of the launcher notwithstanding...?
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
  • lilibat
    lilibat
    Soul Shriven
    If you close the launcher & relaunch yes you can launch another instance of the game, but I still get the same error. I have relaunched several times in a row even and just ended up with the same error on screen after screen.

Of course if you DO need to close the launcher & relaunch it to do this the instructions they sent really should say so.

In any case, it doesn't work even if you relaunch IME. The error just keeps happening.