Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Defeating Mannimarco.

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outlawful wrote: »
    crislevin wrote: »
    no, you need to finish him before getting last quest.

Which stage did you die when fighting him (spirits), and how (damage from spirits? his AoE? life drain?)?

Different times. I guess my main problem is that I'm a glass cannon. 2 days now of nothing but dungeon ques and dying to him. Best I can do is ~40% health left. And thats if I go balls out.

im wondering if being vamp has a part in this, i heard somebody reporting vamps takes more damage from the Titan. Not sure what kind of damage Manni does, but that may be a issue.
  • Outlawful
    Outlawful
    ✭✭
    I did finally beat him. Turns out I thought I was blocking the life drain but I wasn't. In the end it really wasn't all that difficult for a glass cannon. It was entirely skill based and user error.
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Mulk wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it is possible to use the map to recall to a wayshrine.
    It is not possible to use the wayshrine option. I'm stuck at the same level now, also ran out of potions, have died too many times and am looking for a way out. I also thought to back-track to the portal I came in on this map, but that didn't work as the door is closed.

I used Move to player, using a friend's character to move to. Would be nicer if there was another option out of boss-games like this.

If you open your map and choose a wayshrine to tp to, you can leave the instance. It took me awhile to figure that out myself. If you're unable to do so, then there is a glitch somewhere.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife was stuck in an instance (first Mannimarco), and she got out by travelling to me.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a lvl 41 NB. Cant beat him. Simply cant. i dont even get 10% off of his hp when im swarmed by all kinds of adds. i ran out of healing pots, i destroyed my equipment, and now i cant even get away from there?

Help!

I was lvl 40 NB at the time and i beat him on my 3rd try. I had to kite him with my bow, which i dont have a lot of experience in. I usually do melee. Ranged combat is the key, soul siphoning to mitigate your HP loss and keep moving.
  • SkyShadowing
    SkyShadowing
    Soul Shriven
    I was a Lvl 40ish S&B DK, I died three or four times to Mannimarco before I re-shuffled a few of my skills.

First off, don't treat him like he's a regular enemy. Don't treat him like he's a Dungeon boss where you do your role and let others pick up the other pieces of the puzzle. He's neither. You have to go one on one with him.

My success came when I added a self-heal and stopped using magic attacks period. In fact, I cut back heavily on my fatigue skills as well, so that when he decided to start sucking health I could bash him with the shield and stop that. I had been trying to nuke him down and had left myself open.

When he opens a portal, that's when you can open your skills up with AOE and use them to kill the new enemies ASAP. For a DK the standard did this job nicely. Then go back to nickle-and-diming Mannimarco. Zoom out to third person if you haven't, it makes it easier to see his AOE, which you try to avoid.

Also try and learn whatever pattern he has, I had had issues with the Eastmarch boss until I learned the tricks that he would try and pull (this is also before I changed my skills, after which I've had a much easier time of EVERYTHING). Most bosses have a gimmick to them that you'll need to figure out and avoid.

Don't be afraid to change up your skills, you are not a role player in this fight like with other bosses. You've got to fill at least two of the three roles, healer, tank, or damage.
  • atomikrej
    atomikrej
    ✭✭
    Level 41 Dk, finished it on 4th attempt. My approach was stay close to mannimacro and keep hitting him with burning embers and basic attack. Standard of might ultimate really helped reduce his HP. When the ghosts appeared, run backwards while using silver shards. 3 shots cleared the ghosts. Health potions were very useful to help me stay alive.
    All up a good quest.
  • waazup
    waazup
    ✭✭
    I received this at lvl 20, I gather its the first time round, the second is where you actually have to kill Mannimarco.
    Its mission impossible, I died 8 times no pots left, and no armor, and a 545G repair bill!
    Screw this, I don't mind a challenge and an opportunity to employ a strategy, but there is no opportunity here. Your companion does zip, and the skellys are just too much, I didn't get past the first wave much less three of them.
    if you have to be lvl 25+ to complete this tank and spank then why on earth give the quest at level 20?
    If its an exercise in distressing your players then its a great success and congratulations.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waazup wrote: »
    I received this at lvl 20, I gather its the first time round, the second is where you actually have to kill Mannimarco.
    Its mission impossible, I died 8 times no pots left, and no armor, and a 545G repair bill!
    Screw this, I don't mind a challenge and an opportunity to employ a strategy, but there is no opportunity here. Your companion does zip, and the skellys are just too much, I didn't get past the first wave much less three of them.
    if you have to be lvl 25+ to complete this tank and spank then why on earth give the quest at level 20?
    If its an exercise in distressing your players then its a great success and congratulations.

The one pretty much everyone is talking about is a level 40 quest to kill Mannimarco.
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    Ugh. And which self healing spell on the resto staff line would people recommend. I hear that bantered around allot but nothing specific.
  • Nuksuu
    Nuksuu
    ✭✭✭
    Im a lvl 41 NB. Cant beat him. Simply cant. i dont even get 10% off of his hp when im swarmed by all kinds of adds. i ran out of healing pots, i destroyed my equipment, and now i cant even get away from there?

Help!

I was lvl 40 NB at the time and i beat him on my 3rd try. I had to kite him with my bow, which i dont have a lot of experience in. I usually do melee. Ranged combat is the key, soul siphoning to mitigate your HP loss and keep moving.

I did the same. Lvl 41 NB. I took some pots and took the fight to him with a bow. Siphoned off his health and used it to self-heal, dropped pots when Magicka ran out and used Venom Arrow on the bow to interrupt his cast on the Health leeching. He went down in 4-5 mins.
    @Nuksuu - Werewolf Rights Advocate
    • Ursi Yarsbruk - Nord Night Blade (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    • Ingrid Tralvheim - Nord Templar (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    "There is endless humour in seeing a guy in dress, waving a piece of wood around, skip through the daisies leaving an endless trail of corpses whilst I, encased in protective steel from head to toe, sheltering behind a shield with a pointy metal weapon am beaten into oblivion by three enemies."
  • Aubrecht_ESO
    I finally beat this one and here's how - first i'm lvl 1 Veteran with Veteran armor. Using a purple lvl 44 bow - i ran backwards - then shoot, block, shoot, block, etc until I got him....took a long time. Also used Green Dragon self heal about 10 or 20x and had the cc (dark talons) for the ghosts. makes me worried i am not ready for the lvl 45 guild quest. Practicing my rolls too - which interrupted his attacks.

Does anyone know if these are solo only?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, in their infinite wisdom Zenimax thought it was an excellent idea to make the important quests in a MULTIPLAYER game SOLO ONLY and with hopelessly overpowered mobs to boot... I guess they really intended the game to go F2P after a couple of months after all...
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    When i got hurt I ran up the stairs and around, switched to healing staff and healed up, killed the adds before he caught up, then him, and repeat till done.
    Edited by Svann on May 13, 2014 5:16AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else had Mannimarco glitch out and not use his health-drain? I went into this fight quaking in my boots after everything I'd read but in the end it was a lot easier than I expected, with him just plinking me with his basic projectile attack and occasionally firing off an AoE.
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else had Mannimarco glitch out and not use his health-drain? I went into this fight quaking in my boots after everything I'd read but in the end it was a lot easier than I expected, with him just plinking me with his basic projectile attack and occasionally firing off an AoE.
    I was thinking the same, I did this on the 2nd attempt about 1hour ago, as a NB with duel wield and restro staff, used light attacks with daggers whilst circling him, keeping swallow soul on him using siphoning strikes to keep my stamina and magika up in case of emergency, I used sparks on the adds, used grand healing to help with the healing as I could kite in the circle, but by running in circles round him he could never really land anything on me, and I could hit away on him took about 4 - 5 mins to kill him, when he teleported I took a lot of damage while I was at a distance from him but once I could get up close and circle round him it was a lot easier the health drain was there for me but only at distance as I could Los him by running round him up close.

Edited by Kryank on May 13, 2014 4:52PM
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Yes, in their infinite wisdom Zenimax thought it was an excellent idea to make the important quests in a MULTIPLAYER game SOLO ONLY and with hopelessly overpowered mobs to boot... I guess they really intended the game to go F2P after a couple of months after all...

I hate when people say this. the Elder Scroll game starts with your personal story as the vestage who is trying to get his soul back and save Tamriel. So what if the main story is single player. That is approximately 10 quests in the main story out of tons and tons and tons and did i mention tons of multi-player quests that are available. There are a few others I am sure but not many compared to all the multi-player content available. If a majority of the people playing are beating the quests then its fine. Games are supposed to be difficult and make you think and strategize on how to overcome your enemy. Those who think the game is to hard are simply a product of games that are catering to that cause.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    He used to be so much harder and they nerfed it to be a pretty easy fight. Just avoid his AoE, chip away at him and use some form of AOE on his adds. Use pots with health and magicka/Stam regen and use self heals if you have them.

If you struggle with this fight then good luck with Molag! I wouldnt say Molag is a hard fight but it can be a grueller!
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 13, 2014 5:19PM
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    He used to be so much harder and they nerfed it to be a pretty easy fight. Just avoid his AoE, chip away at him and use some form of AOE on his adds. Use pots with health and magicka/Stam regen and use self heals if you have them.

If you struggle with this fight then good luck with Molag! I wouldnt say Molag is a hard fight but it can be a grueller!

I can't speak to fighting Manni on the PTS or even in the betas, but i have to respectfully disagree with the highlighted last bit.

Mannimarco is much more difficult than Molag Bal, in most ways; the fight area, limited amount of adds, easily avoided attacks, etc. etc.- MB is a chump compared to Mannimarco. I literally beat Molag Bal 1st time out. Lost count on MM after try somewhere in the teens.

It is really kinda crazy that the lvl 40 boss, some up-jumped Altmer with delusions of adequacy, was more of a challenge than the frickin' Daedric Prince of Domination. On his on plane of existence no less lol.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people say this. the Elder Scroll game starts with your personal story as the vestage who is trying to get his soul back and save Tamriel.

Yeah, you and the other six hundred thousand "only" vestages running around ... sorry, but that's one weak-kneed argument.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    Molag is laughably easy, Mannimarco, just I M P O S S I B L E, ( have to be soloed) and LOCKING game content! THAT, THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !
  • Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    The locking of content is definitely a horrible move.

While I put my sorceress aside, I got through Manni after only 3 wipes on my archer... the time I figured it out, it was pretty easy. The key is really to just have medium-length AoEs down (I used Scorched Earth) that the adds will run into and just die because they are stupid and weak. The rest of it was just hitting Manni and breaking the drain.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    I hate when people say this. the Elder Scroll game starts with your personal story as the vestage who is trying to get his soul back and save Tamriel.

Yeah, you and the other six hundred thousand "only" vestages running around ... sorry, but that's one weak-kneed argument.

Yes...hence why the main story is for just you to make you feel accomplished and special.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

Yes...hence why the main story is for just you to make you feel accomplished and special.

Yeah it's an epic fail, if that's the intent.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    OFC_it wrote: »
    Ugh. And which self healing spell on the resto staff line would people recommend. I hear that bantered around allot but nothing specific.

I have always used the Regeneration heal over time. It is cheap on magicka and ticks for a decent heal. In fact at VR3 it is still used on my single target weapon bar.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag is laughably easy, Mannimarco, just I M P O S S I B L E, ( have to be soloed) and LOCKING game content! THAT, THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !

Based on your other thread, I still do not think you have defeated the Molag fight since you have not beaten Mannimarco.

• awhecknum1ub17_ESO
    I do wish ESO would add the option of grouping or even duoing for the solo main story bosses.

Yes - with the right build and right strategy everyone can beat guys like mannimarco.
    -
    But MMO's attract a variety of players.
    -One player base likes raids.
    -Another player base likes wicked hard bosses they have to develop a skillful strategy for.
    -Another player base likes to quest, and kill, and progress to see more content without feeling like they are taking a final exam to get past a single boss that is blocking their progress.

If Zen was wise - it would allow the option of grouping on those difficult solo bosses so that it does not alienate that 3rd player base. Those who want the challenge can solo it. Those who just want to progress more easily- can group up and move on.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the trick is for a company to cater to as many customer needs as possible, this keeps them sending cash to the game and keep it running. nerfing this fight will only tick off those that want a real challenge to test themselves. the only logical option would be to allow those inclined to use a duo group option.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • mario.ruben.delgado_ESO
    I beat the LVL 40 Mannimarco (@ LVL 42 with my Wood Elf Archer Nightblade) using just basic attacks and Swallow Soul IV to keep myself healed. No pots were used and my health never went below 85%. I used Venom Arrow IV to interrupt his health siphoning attack (blue beam) and Acid Spray I to poison and slow the adds before I picked them off with normal attacks. This fight is more than possible, it's just more about knowing how to use what skills you have.

You'll need a self heal and an interrupt bare minimum. I also had eaten a Beef Pasty before the fight to boost my health. Dodging his big AoE attack is also important. If you can successfully interrupt his siphoning attack, dodge his AoE, and clear the adds quickly while plinking him constantly with your normal attacks you should be able to take him down, no problem.
    Edited by mario.ruben.delgado_ESO on May 16, 2014 5:16PM
  • ed.radleyrwb17_ESO
    ed.radleyrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What worked great on my sorc was the upgraded soul capture that heals... turned each skeleton into a handy walking heal potion in effect...
This discussion has been closed.