Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Question about Mage Guild ability "Entropy"

• canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    canghai wrote: »
    can someone confirm the healing proc works on multiple targets? if so its a great spell

It works on mult targets but if you apply it too more then 3 at a time you waisting mana because you can't manage that many at a time works when you get into a oh *** mode and your tanking 5 adds with low dps will pull you through those kinds of fights...also it's getting a damage buff in crag horn.

once u morph to degeneration u can have 15% to heal with ur attack, cast 3x u get 45% chance to heal with ur attack, will that stack?

• Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. It does not stack lol.
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »

why not? the heal stacks so why would the % to heal stack?

• Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    1. Because probability doesn't work that way. Toss a coin and you get 50% chance to get tails. Toss ten coins and you get 50% chance to get tails. These events are independent of each other and therefore the chance to get a heal always remains the same.
    2. Because devs didn't program the chance to be a flat increase on every cast. Basically, it's 15% on each target, not on you. So 2x targets is 2x 15% chances, not 30%.

But, if the chance to heal is based on hitting the affected target, affecting multiple targets will produce more frequent "rolls" on the chance to get a heal, and thus create greater frequency of heals happening. Might be useful to cast on multiple targets and then affect them all with AoE spells, but the magicka cost might be prohibitive.
    Edited by Gaudrath on May 13, 2014 7:44AM
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    it has to be weapon attack so cant be aoe
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    I assume that includes AoE weapon skills too? If so I don't think it would be that useful to cast it on multiple targets, the tick itself is pretty small. Probably why it is going to be buffed in the upcoming patch.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    canghai wrote: »
    it has to be weapon attack so cant be aoe

Aren't staff skills considered weapon attacks?
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm i assumed it ment heavy/light attack but id have to look at the skill describtion again
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to just test it out. I wouldn't rely on the tool tips in this game ;)
  • Screenrocker
    I like this ability, because you can put this dot/hot on every member of a mob-Group. So if you cast it on 3 Mobs you get 3 x 82 health. and you get the first heal directly after casting, the second heal after 6 sec ... additional, if skill ist morphed that way, you have the 15% Chance for the heal at wapon-hit. This is a nice self-heal for a class without much heal-skills like sorcerers I think
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »

What I have noticed with the morphed version (can't remember which morph sorry) is the initial heal stacks but the end heal does not.
    So I cast it twice, immediately get two heals but when countdown is finished I only get one.
    Admittedly I use an add-on that is providing this information and as I'm in battle have not really payed attention if it is actually doing as the add-on states.