The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Who are the "Twin Sisters" of Auridon?

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The 3 armour sets that drop in each of the base game zones are mostly named after important characters or story themes from the zone. For example, Deshaan has:-
  • Mother's Sorrow - referring to Voxx
  • Night Mother's Embrace - referring to Naryu and the DB
  • Plague Doctor - referring to the guy who developed the Lodos plague
Auridon's 3 dropped sets are:-
  • Armor of the Veiled Heritance - referring to the Veiled Heritance
  • Queens Elegance - referring to Queen Ayrenn
  • Twin Sisters - referring to ?

Who are the "Twin Sisters"? In my many years of meandering through Auridon, and Lore books, I have never spotted any candidates.

Does anyone know?
PC EU
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard, Salted Wings Tavern, upstairs.

Tiny Talisse and Venomous Fauridil, members of the Undaunted who are jokingly called the Twins.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder :)

I don't think Tiny Talisse and Venomous Fauridil can be the actual "Twin Sisters" in question though, they are far too obscure. But, they would work as a parodic reference to a pair of high-born Altmer twin sisters who where major actors in the zone story.

They make it seem more likely to me that a pair of Twin Sisters got edited out of the zone story at some point in development, but the devs didn't remove all the evidence of their existence.
    PC EU
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it always has to be a major player. Like, who is the Beekeeper referencing in Greenshade?
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder :)

I don't think Tiny Talisse and Venomous Fauridil can be the actual "Twin Sisters" in question though, they are far too obscure. But, they would work as a parodic reference to a pair of high-born Altmer twin sisters who where major actors in the zone story.

They make it seem more likely to me that a pair of Twin Sisters got edited out of the zone story at some point in development, but the devs didn't remove all the evidence of their existence.

While it is plausible that the set refers to the Undaunted, I agree that it makes more sense for it to be some Lore that didn't make it into the final game.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought tbe twins were Alinor and Auridon? Twin isles? Idk just a theory
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought tbe twins were Alinor and Auridon? Twin isles? Idk just a theory

That was my first idea. Although, without anyone from ZOS telling us how it was meant, we could make many guesses.

Auridon also has the Lady and the Lover mundus stone, which are the only 2 mundus stones named after a female figure.

Or maybe in earlier concepts, Ayrenn and Estre were supposed to be twin sisters?

Or it's entirely different and the set was originally planned for some Khajiit region? Twins play a big role in Khajiit beliefs. Think of Jone and Jode ("the stillborn twins of Fadomai"), or the two twin sisters Shazah and Khali, the Lunar Champions, one of which becomes the new Mane in the Reaper's March questline.

Or perhaps the set was indeed for an Altmer region, just not Auridon? Sunhold and Alinor are considered "twin cities", and it looks like there had initially been plans for the main island to be the start region for the Dominion (this text is interesting in general):
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/eso-alinor-and-ayarene
    I don't think it always has to be a major player. Like, who is the Beekeeper referencing in Greenshade?

No major character for certain, but there are lots of beehives in that region, to be fair.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Or perhaps the set was indeed for an Altmer region, just not Auridon? Sunhold and Alinor are considered "twin cities", and it looks like there had initially been plans for the main island to be the start region for the Dominion (this text is interesting in general):
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/eso-alinor-and-ayarene

No wonder the game feels so hacked about.
    PC EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the Twin Sisters set started out originally as a PvP set, with uniquely-named dual-wield weapons.

And I assume that's what the Twin Sisters referred to: the weapons of this set.

For the One Tamriel update in 2016, there was a big overhaul of the item sets, and the Twin Sisters set was moved from its PvP source to Auridon to fulfill the need for every zone to have 3 sets--remember, zones back then didn't have item sets at all.

So what do the Twin Sisters refer to? The uniquely-named weapons that the set originally had. It doesn't actually have anything to do with Auridon.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, know we know. The "Twin Sisters" set name does not refer to anything in any zone.

The thread's premise is negated, and so are all our beautiful theories. Such is life :)
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread's premise is negated, and so are all our beautiful theories. Such is life :)

The explanation is a bit disappointing, isn't it? :D Well, but at least our curiosity is sated.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • LootAllTheStuff
    Can meaning be constructed retroactively, though? Because there are, in fact, twin sisters in the game, and the player interacts with one of them while taking care of business for the Queen.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it being constructed retroactively when the set was named when it was created? Then just moved from one location to another?
  • LootAllTheStuff
    Pelanora wrote: »
    How is it being constructed retroactively when the set was named when it was created? Then just moved from one location to another?

According to the posts above, it was simply a PvP set that got moved, and no specific reference to anything in lore. But it could be retroactively made a reference to the twin sisters who actually appear in the Auridon section of the main game.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    The 3 armour sets that drop in each of the base game zones are mostly named after important characters or story themes from the zone. For example, Deshaan has:-
    • Mother's Sorrow - referring to Voxx
    • Night Mother's Embrace - referring to Naryu and the DB
    • Plague Doctor - referring to the guy who developed the Lodos plague
    Auridon's 3 dropped sets are:-
    • Armor of the Veiled Heritance - referring to the Veiled Heritance
    • Queens Elegance - referring to Queen Ayrenn
    • Twin Sisters - referring to ?

Who are the "Twin Sisters"? In my many years of meandering through Auridon, and Lore books, I have never spotted any candidates.

Does anyone know?

I sometimes wonder if Mother's Sorrow also refers to Almalexia. As in Mother Morrowind and her sorrow at Meram and Urili's actions.

As for Twin Sisters, the stablemasters in Vulkhel Guard and Skywatch are sisters - Laanari and Laanestii. I'm not sure if they're twins...
    Ps4 EU