The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion "Add in Futures Updates Mythic Weapons"

MrCray78
MrCray78
✭✭✭✭
Actually we dont have Mythic Weapons.
I think Mythic Weapons Can be interisting and game changer.
I think we loot the 5 five lead in trial/Infinite Archive/Arena.
In Trial more difficult(Normal 5%/Vet 25%/Vet HM 40%) is the boss more chance you have to get the lead.
In Infinite Archive more arc you have finished and more you have chance to loot a lead.
The Weekly Infinite Archive Seller,sell 2 lead of Mythic Weapons.
PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • CordingOnyx
    MrCray78 wrote: »

i remember someone a few months ago saying "ancestor silk bandage wraps" for a mythic weapon making unarmed combat a thing would be cool
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the primary reason i can tell they dont have mythic weapons, is that any 2h weapon would have to count as 2 slots, so you would be losing an extra slot in your build (current mythics give you 11 slots to work with, a 2h mythic weapon would only give you 10 on that one bar)

there is also the other thing about barswapping, would you be able to put a different mythic weapon on each bar? as neither are active at the same time? these questions raise issues about the power budget of a mythic and the technical ability of being able to slot one on each bar, just having 1 equipped on 1 bar could be the only thing allowed

while it would be nice if they had mythic weapons for more options or unique looks, its unlikely that we will see them anytime soon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would count Ability Altering item sets (Arena Weapons) as "Mythic Weapons". I don't think there's much of a reason to introduce Mythics for weapon slots when we already have special weapons that augment some existing skill.

That being said, though, it would be neat to find new Arena Weapons for the Weapon Grimoires. I imagine we'll get more Grimoires for the existing Weapon skill lines in the future, but having an Arena Weapon (or just any item set) specifically augment the function of Grimoires would be an interesting choice to make.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • Cominfordatoothbrush
    I don't think it's really a bad idea, but consider that both mythics and arena weapons are both currently rather meta defining gear. In order for me to consider using a mythic weapon, it would have to be as strong as sacrificing both the effect from an arena weapon and another body/jewelry mythic, which would be a high bar to balance. If in that case you still want an arena weapon on the other bar, you're pretty much locked into 5/5, or 5/3/2 body sets. Honestly I'd be pretty ok with just having more arena/ability altering weapons addedd
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could instead apply the idea of arena weapons more broadly. Like add new arena weapons that aren't necessarily tied to weapon skills
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could instead apply the idea of arena weapons more broadly. Like add new arena weapons that aren't necessarily tied to weapon skills

For instance, Class Sets which apply some new effect to Class skills in a particular Class skill line.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »

i remember someone a few months ago saying "ancestor silk bandage wraps" for a mythic weapon making unarmed combat a thing would be cool

3k weapon and 1k crit but you cannot use weapon skills and you are unarmed.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a Mythic weapon would be like an ability-altering set, except you could only use it on one bar. Perhaps that means it could have a stronger effect, but really almost every ability-altering weapon isn't used on both bars anyway.

It could also give you bonuses to light and heavy attacks and passives instead of skills. It could be a cool idea.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make the mythic weapon like an ability altering weapon from arenas, but have it effect the weapon ult (or take the cryptcannon route and replace the ult)
    Options