The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you want to buff the Necro Tethers, stop them from breaking on Line of Sight.

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I understand the idea of them breaking on Line of Sight, but in practice this mechanic feels terrible. Things that absolutely shouldn't be breaking your Tethers are - just climbing up a set of stairs well within line of sight of the corpse can break them.

I propose instead causing the Tethers to only break at >28 meters, regardless of line of sight. It's not fun to not get to use two of the coolest Necro abilities because they necessitate that you stay in one place and not kite any incoming damage.

Alternatively, allow the effects of the tether to continue for ~5 seconds if they break early.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on April 16, 2024 5:10PM
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it would be cool if the developers listened to your idea.

Alternatively, the tether do not break when you are not on Line of Sight, but tether temporarily inactive until you are on Line of Sight again.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally i think its kind of annoying that they are tethers at all, just make the aoe on the corpse slightly larger and then just make it a 20 sec ground dot that you can re-cast multiple times

it would actually synergize better with the necro specs of DoT focus, as well as giving them better dps with stacking corpses
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like a no brainer
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭
    personally i think its kind of annoying that they are tethers at all, just make the aoe on the corpse slightly larger and then just make it a 20 sec ground dot that you can re-cast multiple times

it would actually synergize better with the necro specs of DoT focus, as well as giving them better dps with stacking corpses

That would be so much better, even if the AoE needs to be like 3-4 meters, having multiple, you could make a minefield!

If they changed the visual to have a tombstone centered around it, they would make a graveyard.

This needs to happen.
    Edited by Telos_Tim on April 16, 2024 7:55PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro tethers should not require a corpse to be used. They should consume a corpse to increase their damage.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • brandsnipe
    brandsnipe
    ✭✭✭

They need to just quit trying to force a class into a playstyle its not designed to play as. They want it as a DoT class but i've never built my cro towards a DoT build and there isnt a single skill in the class that pushes DoT builds. Take the class back to the drawing board and either design the class around DoT pressure or design the class around a less clunky corpse mechanic. Reanimation, % boost in damage, healing, or recovery per corpse consumed or in radius around you. Instead we get broken tethers lmao
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brandsnipe wrote: »

They need to just quit trying to force a class into a playstyle its not designed to play as. They want it as a DoT class but i've never built my cro towards a DoT build and there isnt a single skill in the class that pushes DoT builds. Take the class back to the drawing board and either design the class around DoT pressure or design the class around a less clunky corpse mechanic. Reanimation, % boost in damage, healing, or recovery per corpse consumed or in radius around you. Instead we get broken tethers lmao

ive always found the tethers clunky, which is why i made the suggestion i did lol

it would 1) lean more into the DoT playstyle for necromancer and 2) remove some of the clunkiness

the way that i would change the siphon would be:

the shocking siphon (shock dmg morph) would get a slight aoe increase (from 5 to 6 meters) and last for 15 seconds

the detonating siphon (disease dmg morph) would keep the same aoe, duration would be 10 seconds and explode when it ends

if it gave the unique ability to stack or have multiples of these active, it would help the necromancer lean more into a DoT playstyle, while at the same time still staying more unique than wall of elements

the suggested changes i had for the siphons would somewhat mirror the bonuses that wall of elements gets (shocking siphon would be similar to elemental blockade (+duration and +aoe size), and the detonating siphon would be similar to unstable wall (maintains duration but adds the explosion at end of duration))

this would at least make progress to help serve the necromancer in a form of playstyle, and might actually make sacrobones more useful if you could stack the dots and lean into it more lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have the effects persist if the tether breaks. Just let the full duration run out.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    - Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC
    Options
  • brandsnipe
    brandsnipe
    ✭✭✭

ive always found the tethers clunky, which is why i made the suggestion i did lol

it would 1) lean more into the DoT playstyle for necromancer and 2) remove some of the clunkiness

the shocking siphon (shock dmg morph) would get a slight aoe increase (from 5 to 6 meters) and last for 15 seconds

the detonating siphon (disease dmg morph) would keep the same aoe, duration would be 10 seconds and explode when it ends

if it gave the unique ability to stack or have multiples of these active, it would help the necromancer lean more into a DoT playstyle, while at the same time still staying more unique than wall of elements

the suggested changes i had for the siphons would somewhat mirror the bonuses that wall of elements gets (shocking siphon would be similar to elemental blockade (+duration and +aoe size), and the detonating siphon would be similar to unstable wall (maintains duration but adds the explosion at end of duration))

this would at least make progress to help serve the necromancer in a form of playstyle, and might actually make sacrobones more useful if you could stack the dots and lean into it more lol

If they allowed multiple corpses to be used for siphon, sure. But even then it still would play clunky. What should be changed is graveyard and siphon to apply a 4-6s sticky DoT to enemies hit by damage at any point. My biggest gripe about this clsss is they are pushing so hard for it to be a DoT class, but has no good DoT skills. Every class has a playstyle that it leans on, except necro. They need to take this class back to the drawing board
    Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS. We have already come to the conclusion you don’t know what you want to do with Necro. So just delete the class please. Maybe you can bring it back or rework it in a couple of years as the next big thing for the chapter.

Tethers are the least of necros concerns.
    Edited by Yamenstein on April 18, 2024 11:38AM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they allowed multiple corpses to be used for siphon, sure. But even then it still would play clunky. What should be changed is graveyard and siphon to apply a 4-6s sticky DoT to enemies hit by damage at any point. My biggest gripe about this clsss is they are pushing so hard for it to be a DoT class, but has no good DoT skills. Every class has a playstyle that it leans on, except necro. They need to take this class back to the drawing board

i would agree that the class would be a good dot class, if it had well more dot skills

DK is a better dot class than necro even with all the buffs necro has to dots lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options